Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dizzy2's Baby Sitter for OFB (EP3)

by FreakyRufus Posted 5th May 2006 at 2:51 AM - Updated 20th Jan 2007 at 5:58 PM by FreakyRufus : incomatible with EP4

127 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 7th May 2006 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sixsexsix
Okay just to double check here... if my sitter won't leave I can delete them using move objects and it won't effect them anywhere else in the game... even if they are say a family member who is in college and started out in that household?

That's right, deleting a sim with moveobjects just removes them from the lot, not from the game. Another way to get rid of the sitter is to save the lot and return to the neighborhood. When you re-enter the lot, only residents and visitors will be there, the sitter (if they were selectable when you saved) will be gone (from the lot, not the game).
Test Subject
#52 Old 8th May 2006 at 1:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
That's right, deleting a sim with moveobjects just removes them from the lot, not from the game. Another way to get rid of the sitter is to save the lot and return to the neighborhood. When you re-enter the lot, only residents and visitors will be there, the sitter (if they were selectable when you saved) will be gone (from the lot, not the game).

Thank you!!!!
Test Subject
#53 Old 8th May 2006 at 2:57 AM
When I called the sitter, only three people were available for me to contact, Calista the Nanny, one of the grocers and a pizza guy. My sim knows a lot of other people, but none of them were available. I do have a lot of hacks, but I don't know which conflicts.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 8th May 2006 at 2:09 PM Last edited by FreakyRufus : 9th May 2006 at 3:07 AM. Reason: bad grammar! bad!
Quote: Originally posted by Coriel
When I called the sitter, only three people were available for me to contact, Calista the Nanny, one of the grocers and a pizza guy. My sim knows a lot of other people, but none of them were available. I do have a lot of hacks, but I don't know which conflicts.

It all depends on when you called. It only shows you sims that are "available". If they are at work, if teens should be in school, if you know any vampires and it is daytime, etc.

Also, it is based on the sims known by the caller; so if the husband knows 5 sims, and the wife doesn't know them, but knows 5 different sims, then you'll see different sitters availble based on which of them places the call.
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th May 2006 at 5:33 PM
I just wanted to let you know I tried this yesterday for the first time (for Brandi Broke's family), and everything you said worked. She left an hour after hubby Benjamin Long came home, but during that time she became a friend in the household.
SO much better than the nanny.
Forum Resident
#56 Old 8th May 2006 at 11:33 PM
ooh I so love this! Last time I called the nanny, she refused to leave, and kept interfering with the mom trying to pottytrain her toddler. I finally had to delete both the nanny and the van ('cuz it just kept sitting there).

This will be sooo much better :D

Quid agis, medice?

My nickname is Purple Ginger
My nickname's nickname is Ping
Miss Bona Fiscalia
#57 Old 9th May 2006 at 10:27 PM
Thank you so much! Before I even knew about any kind of Sims hacks, I was wanting this one. Thanks so much. It's great. No problems what so ever. I had my favorite sim babysit her twin granddaughters. It was great cause now they can develope relationships with eachother. Before this hack, one of my teenaged boys saw his grandfather while out and the grandfather kept rejecting him. They had no relationship built up. This solves that problem. Thank you sooooo much.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th May 2006 at 2:38 AM
Ok, I have a problem... My sitter did not have the option to put my toddler in his high chair or to get him a bottle from the fridge. I have checked for hack conflicts and didn't find any. Anyone else have this problem?

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#59 Old 10th May 2006 at 4:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
Ok, I have a problem... My sitter did not have the option to put my toddler in his high chair or to get him a bottle from the fridge. I have checked for hack conflicts and didn't find any. Anyone else have this problem?

There appears to be a check in all the different sections of code to feed babies/toddlers to see if the feeder is either a family member or the nanny. This problem has existed with this mod since NL. The sitter CAN autonomously feed the child. From the original thread:

Quote: Originally posted by dizzy2
you should be aware that sitters can only feed babies/toddlers autonomously. What this means is that you will need a normal fridge and to leave the freewill turned on for that to work.

I'll have to think about this and about how to fix it, if at all.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th May 2006 at 12:17 PM
Ah, I wasn't aware of that - never used the original or read its thread.

"We don't quit playing because we grow old; we grow old because we quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes

Feel free to PM me with any lot requests. I've mostly done house trailers in the past.
Test Subject
#61 Old 10th May 2006 at 12:43 PM
Exactly what I need :D

Alicia:*
Instructor
#62 Old 10th May 2006 at 7:21 PM
yea! no more nanny!
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th May 2006 at 3:14 AM
I just wanted to tell you how GREAT this hack was. I wasn't even looking for something like this, but glad I found it... and gladder you made it.

Basically I have a sim who's had kids with two women. He's living with one of the gals(and her brother) but hasn't really visited the house with his other kid.... UNTIL I downloaded this... Then when the mother had to go to work, she called the father and he gets to bond with the kid, while the mom's at work. I really think that's cool for the story. Because the dad may be an SOB, but he's still cares about his kid.
;-)
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 12th May 2006 at 3:38 AM
Craps... Ok...
Craps.
I used it... then I came back to thank you and I noticed the above.
Craps.
I saved the game with the FATHER as the babysitter.

So when I went back... the kid is on the lot by himself.
Even though I was able to call the dad back via another hack that SUMMONS characters... the social worker still came.

So is there a way for the kid to call for a sitter?
Test Subject
#65 Old 12th May 2006 at 2:54 PM
This was one of my favorites before OFB. I am SO glad to have it back.

Personally, I *like* that the sitter ages while on the lot. It helps keep things on an even keel sometimes.

Take care, though...I was using Brandi Broke as a sitter for one family and eventually, she had her baby at their house! The little brat became a member of the wrong family.

I was able to use hacks to put him back where he belonged, but everyone still had the memory of him joining the family.

All in all, though, a superb hack! Thanks for updating it.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 13th May 2006 at 4:23 PM
Thanks!!!
WOW This is just awesome! I've always wanted to have babysitters in TS2 instead of nannys!!! Thanks!!!!!!!!! :lovestruc I luv it!!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 18th May 2006 at 3:15 AM
This was interesting.. until I read that it replaces the nanny.. would of liked it more if you could keep the nanny option but also have a babysitter option.

If you always expected the unexpected wouldn't the unexpected be expected?
Test Subject
#68 Old 19th May 2006 at 5:32 PM
We've run into an issue with this. The first game day it worked fine; the sitter came, and then left some time after the parents came home. The second day, the sitter was called but never showed up. We removed the hack, but the option to call the sitter remains and there is no option to call a nanny. Calling for a sitter brings up a list of sitters to call, but calling one has no effect, even though the sim we call says she is coming over.

Note that it wasn't until after installing this hack that we noticed the warning that it conflicts with other social-worker hacks. We have Pescado's Realistic Social Worker Hack installed.

Basically, what we would like to know is whether there some way to recover the nanny option (for example, by copying one or more game files from an unaffected install) without reinstalling the game.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 21st May 2006 at 12:22 PM
Really? How on earth did I miss that?

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#70 Old 21st May 2006 at 12:33 PM Last edited by FreakyRufus : 21st May 2006 at 12:34 PM. Reason: typo
Quote: Originally posted by fcc2
Basically, what we would like to know is whether there some way to recover the nanny option (for example, by copying one or more game files from an unaffected install) without reinstalling the game.

That is very unusual that you are seeing this after removing the hack. The hack doesn't modify any other files, and it can only take effect if it is located in the Downloads directory. Once you remove it from the Downloads directory and restart your game, there is no possible way for it to still be affecting your game. Is it possible that you have the original (non-OFB) sitter1f hack from dizzy2 installed also?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 21st May 2006 at 1:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DocZaius
Craps... Ok...
Craps.
I used it... then I came back to thank you and I noticed the above.
Craps.
I saved the game with the FATHER as the babysitter.

So when I went back... the kid is on the lot by himself.
Even though I was able to call the dad back via another hack that SUMMONS characters... the social worker still came.

So is there a way for the kid to call for a sitter?

I'm sorry this has happened to you. I've been searching for a way to allow a child to call the sitter, but cannot find one. The way that phones work (as far as who is allowed to call, and what kind of calls they can make) is very complicated. I'll keep looking, though.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#72 Old 21st May 2006 at 1:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dadditude
Really? How on earth did I miss that?

Sorry, I was wrong. If you choose the nanny as the sitter, the dialog will pop up asking you if you want her to come on your schedule, or just for now, but she will never show up.
Test Subject
#73 Old 21st May 2006 at 6:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FreakyRufus
Sorry, I was wrong. If you choose the nanny as the sitter, the dialog will pop up asking you if you want her to come on your schedule, or just for now, but she will never show up.

Yes; this is what is happening in our game after the hack had been removed.

I might note that on a different PC on which the hack was installed but never used, removing the hack did re-enable the Nanny option when calling a service. It does appear that, at least in this one instance, using the hack has caused some alteration in some other game file.
Test Subject
#74 Old 23rd May 2006 at 4:24 PM
Um, we have discovered a stray copy of the hack in a subfolder, so there were actually two copies installed. This explains why we still had the Sitter option after we (thought we) had uninstalled the hack.

*fcc2 slaps forehead
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 9:37 AM Last edited by dadditude : 28th Oct 2006 at 8:50 AM. Reason: Corrected a stupid typo/spelling mistake.
I accidentally stumbled on another way to get rid of a 'stuck' sitter, but it's kind of weird... Select the sitter, have them use the phone and call a taxi. Have them visit a community lot by themself. Once they get to the community lot, have them call the taxi again and go home. It will show the loading screen for the sitter's home, but when the load screen goes away, you will be in the community lot, with live, build, and buy modes all disabled. Go to options and exit to the neighborhood, then return to the family you want to play.

Definitely not easier than any of the other options, but at least it works. I meant to try and see if it would save if you had the sitter buy something (new clothes, cell phone, whatever), but I forgot. If it did, that would at least allow the extra step to be useful...

Page 3 of 6