Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Jealousy Unless Married/Engaged/Going Steady

by Smonaff Posted 22nd Aug 2006 at 7:24 AM - Updated 19th Feb 2007 at 6:15 AM by Smonaff : update

126 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 113 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 6
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 1:59 AM
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f.../romancemod.zip

This is the OFB version, you would need get an earlier version at a corresponding section.
Test Subject
#27 Old 24th Aug 2006 at 9:47 AM
I just wanted to say, THANK YOU. I have been asking for this mod since I joined the site, over a year ago, but no one's taken it on. Thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 3:52 AM
i love it. Thank you sooo much

"I am a wrestler, let me on the loose. Over the years, I've taken lots of abuse. My head has been smacked, I'd been hit in the turnbuckle, Because of all my injuries, I've lost the ability to rhyme"- Colin from Whose line
Test Subject
#29 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 8:12 AM
I just have the base game and experienced problems with this - it seems to clear all the sims actions when jealously invoking actions are attempted. I do have inseminator, but this was not in operation on one lot.

Don't think I have any other jealousy hacks.
Thanks - CG
Instructor
Original Poster
#30 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 11:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Cliff Gordan
I just have the base game and experienced problems with this - it seems to clear all the sims actions when jealously invoking actions are attempted. I do have inseminator, but this was not in operation on one lot.

Thanks - CG

It sounds like an error is occuring, if so could you post the resulting error log?
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Aug 2006 at 6:18 PM
Great! I've been waiting for this! Thank you!
Test Subject
#32 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 5:24 AM
Does this hack work with uni and ofb expansions?? because i tried to use in uni.. seem not working?? And I don't have any jealous hack other than this...
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 6:28 PM
this is really good for my sims video :]

thanks alot and good job!!
Instructor
Original Poster
#34 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 8:24 PM
KeiNagaseF22/A, when you say "not working" do you mean that sims who are not married, engaged or going steady are experiencing jealousy?
Test Subject
#35 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:54 AM
So, just to make sure I get it, if a married guys girlfriend gets invited to a house and they smooch, the wife will get angry still. But if he smooches his wife in front of his girlfriend, the girlfriend will remain calm, since if she's over at his house she should already know he's married and not be such a jealous mistress. Right? =)
Instructor
Original Poster
#36 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 3:03 AM
Yeah, that pretty much sums it up. Basically if Sim A isn't in a formal relationship with Sim B then there won't be any jealousy.
Test Subject
#37 Old 30th Aug 2006 at 4:15 AM
Hi Cliff,
I had the same problem, and I think it may be fixed by the patch. Think because I have a slow connection (23%... oh, no, wait... 24%!), but I the problem we're having is probably:

Quote:
Fixes "the jump bug" causing Sims with a large number of memories to reset, or "jump," when performing interactions.

http://thesims2.ea.com/update/getpa...d&languageCode=

Hope that helps.

Quote: Originally posted by Cliff Gordan

Thanks - CG
Test Subject
#38 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 3:31 AM
Thank you so much for this hack! This solves so many problems I've had with dumb little crushes. Yay!
Forum Resident
#39 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 2:50 PM
I really like this mod but after installing it my game went all like 'jittery' when I zoomed in or when I panned around on lots (and that was weird as my computer was only 3 days old). I wasn't sure what was causing it so I took out this mod to experiment and the problem went away... must just be a problem on my computer but it makes me sad because I wanted it... I suck at playing romance sims lol.
Test Subject
#40 Old 8th Sep 2006 at 7:50 PM
It seems to work fine, but I was stupid and made one sim read someone else's bouquet and she started to hate the giver, but not the reciever. I was wondering if you had accounted for this or if it's normal and I therefore shouldn't worry.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 9th Sep 2006 at 7:17 AM
Thanks kjaydeck3 for pointing this out, it seems I totally overlooked the jealousy check related to the date rewards. I am uploading an update that will fix the problem.
Test Subject
#42 Old 11th Sep 2006 at 4:23 PM
Thank you! Love in the game makes sense now!
Test Subject
#43 Old 12th Sep 2006 at 7:38 PM
Yay! Glad I could be helpful. And once again, this is a great mod.
Field Researcher
#44 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 12:06 AM
I'd been fuming about the messy jealousy system for ages, and downloaded a none-at-all patch out of desperation. I'm so glad the jealous-of-crush crap has finally been scrapped, thanks!

You know what'd be ideal though? Setting jealousy per sim - some people have open relationships even when married (i.e. swingers). I've actually got that scenario in my game now so this won't be such a good idea, but I'll keep it on standby
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 24th Sep 2006 at 2:02 AM
The anti-jealousy potion from the gypsy potions I made will eliminate jealousy for 2 days when a sim drinks it. Each additional potion a sim drinks will add another 2 days. So by using the anti-jealousy potion you can eliminate jealousy on a per sim basis.
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Oct 2006 at 10:38 AM
OH at Maty make sure you announce you know our little secret , we all love to know that you know our little secret.
Field Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bain
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/f.../romancemod.zip

This is the OFB version, you would need get an earlier version at a corresponding section.

Isn't that hotlinking, Bain? Wouldn't that be a big stealing no-no?

Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.
#48 Old 3rd Oct 2006 at 2:30 AM
We don't have an anti-hotlinking rule. What good would it do to unnecessarily wander through a directory page anyway? How's that supposed to save anyone's bandwidth? That logic makes no sense. How is making someone download a half meg of graphics to get a 30K file supposed to save bandwidth?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Test Subject
#49 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 9:33 AM
Default Problem found...
Hi there. I love this mod, and it has been working fine.. however tonight I found an error in it. I was playing with a family that consists of twin sisters, and 2 men that they are both lovers with. One of them has a child with one of the guys, and both are pregnant currently, one with one of the guys kids, and the other with another guy unrelated to the household. But anyway.. everything was fine - until I had the 2 guys start getting flirty with each other, and when they kissed, both of the women got jealous and got mad. I dont have any other mods/hacks. I have all of the expansions and stuff packs to date.

Thought Id let you know of the issue I experienced.
Instructor
Original Poster
#50 Old 11th Oct 2006 at 10:30 AM
AlterKat, make sure you have custom content enabled. If that is not the cause of the problem it may be that OFB or even one of the stuff packs is performing a jealousy check that is not overridden by this hack. I don't have OFB or any of the stuff packs so I'm unable to view the objects.package file associated with them to determine whether any new jealousy checks were added. If you do resolve the problem let me know.
Page 2 of 6