Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"Is Chair a Booth" / "Is Sofa a Sectional" global patches (updated for AL)

by Inge Jones Posted 10th Sep 2006 at 3:35 PM - Updated 12th Jan 2009 at 6:54 PM by Inge Jones

94 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 83 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
#26 Old 10th Feb 2008 at 1:05 PM
Thanks

;
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th Feb 2008 at 8:16 PM
Will this cause my game to crash when I dowload it?
Wiki Wizard
#28 Old 28th Feb 2008 at 8:55 PM
this is a great idea, i love it:D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#29 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 12:20 PM
does this work with free time?
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 7:09 PM
I hate to be jumping the gun, but can we expect to see an updated Free Time verison of this hack?

I find it hard to live without my sectionals in The Sims.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
Original Poster
#31 Old 3rd Mar 2008 at 7:38 PM Last edited by Inge Jones : 3rd Mar 2008 at 8:35 PM.
This should continue to work with Freetime.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Field Researcher
#32 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 5:42 PM
Great news! Thanks a lot for this- makes my game so much better!
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 13th Mar 2008 at 2:55 PM
Do these need updating for FT, or are they ok? I'd like to add them back, but I've been waiting on the globals to make sure from the modders they're ok to use. I only use about 3 globals, but this is one I really depend on. Thanks

Edit: Doh. Never mind, if I scroll up just two messages, the answer I seek shall be given. lol Thank you Inge. I'll add them back now.
Test Subject
#34 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 12:36 PM
Is it Free Time compatible ?
Test Subject
#35 Old 15th Mar 2008 at 12:36 PM
oops, sorry : i didn't see the 2nd page.
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 9th Apr 2008 at 3:44 AM
Inge, what would we do without you? These globals are necessities. You have done so many things that make my game better in such vital ways. *bows* Thank you so much. *tips hat*

centime
Test Subject
#37 Old 6th May 2008 at 1:54 AM
Sadly I get crashes as well. Any information on why this might be happening would be great; I have freetime, and a few hacks, but nothing jumps out as being an obvious conflict...

I'd love to be able to use this, too.
Test Subject
#38 Old 19th Jun 2008 at 4:52 AM
Default both?
Hey, love the patch and the sofa's. Do you have to download both patches? I did and in the beginning of the game I get a warning for the two of them. But everything seems to work fine when I play.

Grtz!
Original Poster
#39 Old 20th Jun 2008 at 9:02 AM
Please describe the crashes. Is that when the game completely unloads and you return to your desktop? As this is a simantics code hack rather than containing meshes/materials etc, the worst it should give you is an error message during play that can be dismissed (or a "jump" if you do not have testingcheats enabled)

If you are getting an actual crash to desktop, which appears to fixed by removing this patch, I would be looking to the download that you got this patch to go with. For instance if you downloaded some sectional chairs, then came and got this patch so you could use them, try leaving this patch in your downloads and deleting the sectional chairs download instead. My hunch is that will solve the crash too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Test Subject
#40 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 9:00 AM
Ok, so, I've been wondering why I keep getting crashes.

Here is what my crash is: I load the game, enter the neighborhood, go into the lot, and start making the house. The game works fine for a while, but then if I start to play after about a couple of hours (in Sim time) the game freezes, then crashes to desktop.

I removed everything from the downloads folder and the game worked great. I have all the patches, and every single pack that is out.

Is this the same as everyone else?
Original Poster
#41 Old 1st Jul 2008 at 9:39 AM
That won't be related to this specific download. It looks like you are simply running short of memory eventually. Before I installed extra memory, I used to find it helpful to actually exit the game after making a house and before starting to play. Build mode seems to be the worst mode for memory appetite.

Lab Assistant
#42 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 3:41 PM
I got this on my old PC once I removed this my game stopped crashing. I've now got a new more powerful PC and I'll give this a whirl and see if it still crashes my game with freetime (as once I installed Freetime that is when it started crashing with this in it on my last PC)

My sim stories
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#43 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 2:20 PM
I only have the pets EP will this work for it?
Original Poster
#44 Old 4th Aug 2008 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by laurenxduhx
I only have the pets EP will this work for it?

No you need to have Nightlife otherwise you won't be able to use Booth chairs and sectionals.

Lab Assistant
#45 Old 6th Aug 2008 at 5:34 PM
This hasnt crashed my game so its all good (base - Ikea) and I've been playing for 3 hours now. Normally it would have crashed by now.

My sim stories
(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone
//\\ that has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 6:37 AM
Ok, I have Apartment Life and the new connecting sofa's that came with it don't actually connect, thought it must be this hack. Just thought I'd let you know =) Oh, and no rush updating, Blake Boys custom sofa's are much nicer than those that EA makes anyways =D

Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up.
Test Subject
#47 Old 31st Aug 2008 at 4:58 PM
I come over here to report the same thing. The original NL sofa still works fine with the patch in but the new AL one doesn't connect with it in. I agree that the new sofa is ugly and I will keep this in and use custom sofas (yay for blake) before I would worry too much about this but thought I would let you know.
Original Poster
#48 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:17 PM
I updated the sofa patch so it is now compatible with Apartment Life and backwards. The dining booth patch did not need updating.

world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 1:53 PM
Thanks for the update, Inge. That was fast! I'd noticed the issue and took it out but wasn't expecting an update quite so quickly.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Original Poster
#50 Old 1st Sep 2008 at 3:01 PM
I guess I should be continuing to analyse lot format 0x0B for SimPE, but I thought I'd better quickly do these ones that other CC depends on.

Page 2 of 4