Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th May 2020 at 10:58 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default I cannot download "Sims" anymore.
I don't know if this is a dumb question, but my Sims game won't take any custom Sims from MTS. Like I understand that some are made for specific expansions but only 2 of the 20 I've tried have worked. Most of them are labeled "Basegame" but before I got OFB to BV I had Uni and NL and they all seemed to work. The message pop's up saying "This content requires Expansion Pack data that is not installed". But I have downloaded certain Sims before but now they don't work since I've upgraded to more expansions. Something doesn't seem right about it. Is there a way to fix it or is it just Expansion pack errors?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 19th May 2020 at 11:04 PM
You'll want to use the Clean Installer instead of the default installer, as it goes around the problem.

It also helps for installing houses (you will usually need the proper EPs, especially AL/M&G if the house creator have those because it's a compatibility issue with the game engine - but if you lack a SP except for the case of M&G it's usually not a problem).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 19th May 2020 at 11:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
You'll want to use the Clean Installer instead of the default installer, as it goes around the problem.

It also helps for installing houses (you will usually need the proper EPs, especially AL/M&G if the house creator have those because it's a compatibility issue with the game engine - but if you lack a SP except for the case of M&G it's usually not a problem).

THANK YOU SO MUCH! This fixed everything!!! :D