Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Build/buy mode enabler for pets

by cathair2005 Posted 18th Nov 2006 at 12:54 PM

77 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 69 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Instructor
#2 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 12:57 PM
cool hack! thanks 4 making this wonderful things

Visit Sims 2 World sometimes if you like.
Inventor
#3 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:25 PM
Very useful, thanks.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 2:45 PM
Thanks guys. Let me know how it works out in your game.
Test Subject
#5 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 3:08 PM
cathair2005-so glad to see you back. I have always enjoyed your contributions (hacks) to Sims.

Good Simming
Twink
California, USA

Stressed is desserts spelled backwards...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 3:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by twink
cathair2005-so glad to see you back. I have always enjoyed your contributions (hacks) to Sims.

Good Simming
Twink
California, USA

Thank you, Twink

It's good to be back. I'm glad you guys can get some use out of my hacks - I just feel bad for neglecting them for so long...

Anyway, while we're on the subject of hacks, has anybody got any custom food - or know where I can get some custom food - that "won't" disappear off the plate when eaten? I'd really like to use it to test out my next hack which is to make the food actually disappear lol.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 7:11 PM
Hooray! I've been hoping you'd update!

I've been using your pre-OFB buy/build until now. It still works for me with pets, but as with OFB, I just wasn't able to save a Sim owned store lot with the Sim there, or the Sim was stuck on that lot.

Didn't bother me, I just didn't save in those cases, because this is one of my all time fave mods, but I'm thrilled you updated.

Can't wait to try out your update!

Best wishes!
Suzanne
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cathair2005
Anyway, while we're on the subject of hacks, has anybody got any custom food - or know where I can get some custom food - that "won't" disappear off the plate when eaten? I'd really like to use it to test out my next hack which is to make the food actually disappear lol.

The people at The Sims Vault make a lot of custom food, and while their newer stuff disappears, the last time I checked, their old stuff did not.

They post some of their stuff here at MTS2; try looking at the profile for user Exnem.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#9 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 9:25 PM
Great hack update! I need that much!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 18th Nov 2006 at 11:33 PM
Thanks Suzanne. Let me know if you still have the same issues. The coding is different so I'm assuming that's what was wrong.

Oh and Corylea, thanks for the sims vault info. Even though they're pay, I still have a couple of their foods on my computer from earlier. Thanks to you, I now know where the fried eggs and bacon comes from that I love so much
Forum Resident
#11 Old 19th Nov 2006 at 1:09 AM
Excellent, useful hacky thing! Yay! Thankees!

Always,
Emma
Test Subject
#12 Old 21st Nov 2006 at 7:26 PM
Can I use this with out Pets? I only have Sims 2, NL, and OFB.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Nov 2006 at 8:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thisguyerich
Can I use this with out Pets? I only have Sims 2, NL, and OFB.

Let me check to see if the coding has changed between OFB and pets...

No I'm sorry. The coding is different to account for pets getting in the car. I don't know what would happen if you used it in your game but I wouldn't advise it on the side of caution.
Theorist
#14 Old 3rd Dec 2006 at 9:42 PM
awesome thanks
Scholar
#15 Old 18th Dec 2006 at 12:16 PM
ThankYou Soo Much for Updating This Hack! It Is Extremely Helpful Tool for Lot Building, and Many Other Things.....Hugs!!!
Test Subject
#16 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 10:12 PM
I love this! Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#17 Old 2nd Jan 2007 at 7:04 PM
Cathair thanks for returning and with this lovely update. I cant wait to see what you have next for us. You were missed and are greeted back with happiness.
Test Subject
#18 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 9:58 PM
This hack doesn't allow you to buy cars on community lots... that bites. Want to start a car dealership up in OTFB.

Thanks for the download though.
Test Subject
#19 Old 28th Jan 2007 at 6:06 AM
Many thanx Cathair!
Forum Resident
#20 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 7:01 PM
I'll check whether it works for up to OFB...
Forum Resident
#21 Old 8th Feb 2007 at 6:02 AM
I confirm that it does *NOT* work with just OFB (causes a chronic lot error). Do you think it'd be possible to have an OFB version, please?
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#22 Old 10th Feb 2007 at 9:38 PM
I would LOVE to see this include emergencies as well, such as when there is a fire or burglary, as you could just put the flaming stove or whatever in your inventory and delete it later, or put things you dont want stolen, or the burglar! in your inventory (if you include being able to put people in there haha). Their standing around being stupid highly irritates me in the game when there is a fire present.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 24th Jun 2007 at 1:14 AM
I have all of these expansions required except OFB. Is going to screw up my game if I since I don't have it?
Field Researcher
#24 Old 28th Jun 2007 at 7:44 AM
This is perfect, my simies can now haul their instruments downtown and perform for tips! This is perfect, thank you so much.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 2:54 AM
This probably won't work for seasons and as for not having OFB, I don't remember what the effect will be. But I wouldn't advise it for now.
Page 1 of 4