Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#526 Old 19th Aug 2018 at 5:11 PM
Yay so glad to see Gummi back! Hands back the keys to the thread

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Advertisement
Instructor
#527 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:37 AM
Quote:
Round 4 - Big complexes
In this final round we want to see you stretch your wings and build something big! Style is up to you, but we want to see something that screams apartment. That means at least two floors, with units on top of each other, and at least 6 units. We know some people dislike having non-playable neighbours, but in this round we want to see something intended to experience all the aspects of apartments and that means non-controllable neighbors! There's no need to go gigantic and build 10 story buildings. If you want to do 6 small units that's up to you. By big we mean room for many households. There has to be at least one unit that is on top of another, but if you want to have units that are two-stories as well that's up to you.

Requirements
- Must have at least 6 units
- Minimum 2 floors (ground floor and foundation is considered the same level for this purpose)
- At least one unit that is on top of another unit
- Fully furnished units

My Art Deco skyscraper has 14 stories, but I can't fit 6 units in it... The penthouse alone will take the top 5! I guess I'll go back to the drawing board. But I will keep my build so far for future completion.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#528 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 12:56 AM
So I've talked to the judges and we'll need to extend judging round a little bit longer. With all the stuff that's happened I had completely forgotten I need to do host bonus which means I need a couple of days to finish. Ellu has had a family tragedy and is behind because of this, which I'm sure all of us understand. Golden also needs a little more time.

How do you guys feel? Do you want round 4 end to also be moved forward so you have one week between scores and end of round, or do you feel you've got judges opinions pinned down by now?

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Link Ninja
#529 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 1:47 AM
It's probably fair to extend the submission deadline if judges dealines are also extended. Some may use the con/crit on their final submission.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#530 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:05 AM
Have gone over posts and updated scores that needed to be updated for round 2. Added 5 points back to stitching on Cat's behalf, and half a point to phantom from Golden. If I missed any please let me know.

Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Speaking of required pics, I didn't realize I went over! @gummilutt, do you know if I had pictures that weren't really required, or if I just went over with my unit pictures? To confirm, it's 32 plus the front, back, ground floor of the entire lot, then a floor plan of each floor in every structure?

One floor plan shot of every floor of your structure. Structure in singular. If you choose to do separate buildings that is a design choice, and it's up to you to figure out how to show your buildings to the judges in the allotted screenshots. That's why there's an additional 8 shots, so that you have a few extra to use for whatever unexpected design you might decide to do. I will clarify the guidelines so it's more obvious.

--------

I see some of you are low on motivation. Keep in mind the unique furnishing is one point. If you feel it's draining you too much then just make them identical. In the end that one point you lose is a whole lot less than if you don't finish at all

Alchemist
#531 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 2:18 AM
Ah, okay! Knew I missed something somewhere--thanks gummilutt. I'm for extending the deadline, too, if only because I know I used some feedback to change how I did things in later submissions.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#532 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 4:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gummilutt
I see some of you are low on motivation. Keep in mind the unique furnishing is one point. If you feel it's draining you too much then just make them identical. In the end that one point you lose is a whole lot less than if you don't finish at all

most beautiful words I've heard today
Mad Poster
#533 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 7:08 PM
Did you see what ya'll inspired me to do? (pssst - go check out the downloads page)
Whaddyathink?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Alchemist
#534 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Did you see what ya'll inspired me to do? (pssst - go check out the downloads page)
Whaddyathink?

I was just thinking that! There have been lots of cool apartment builds lately.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Link Ninja
#535 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:47 AM
@CatherineTCJD - how lofty! (*wink wink* *pun pun*) My fave unit is the blue one, love the set up and scheme.

Mad Poster
#536 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
@CatherineTCJD - how lofty!
*groan* LOL!
Thanks! I like the red one best... I haven't made the family for that one yet. Actually, none of the family units are purposefully occupied yet - they're all filled with single townies - they must like cheap rent too!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#537 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 12:01 PM
The orange one is my favourite

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Mad Poster
#538 Old 21st Aug 2018 at 5:23 PM Last edited by CatherineTCJD : 24th Aug 2018 at 1:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Karen Lorraine
The orange one is my favourite

I can only mash the 'funny' button once, Karen but, that deserved a few more! LOL!

Hey!!! ETA: Would anyone know how to help BloodravenD over on my SUD Apartment upload? I don't know what else to say to try and help her - but, some of you have way more experience at building/playing apartments than I do. Thanks!

and Vintage Stuffeths
Top Secret Researcher
#539 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 4:30 AM
Any news on when the round 3 scores will be up?
Forum Resident
#540 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 5:04 PM
I still haven't made my round 4 entry, no sir!
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#541 Old 24th Aug 2018 at 7:29 PM
Any news on the scores @gummilutt?

Top Secret Researcher
#542 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 3:42 AM
Default Round 4
Ok, well, September is fast approaching and I have a busy month ahead so I wanted to get this out of the way (for better or worse!)

I present Cliffside (cos it happens to be near a cliff), an apartment building of 6 units, pool, gym, rooftop bar, etc. All units have smoke alarm, trash chutes and phones. Only two phones are in shot. Most of the others are on walls. Again, I have not used burglar alarms, although I probably should have put at least one on the ground floor (too late now). The postbox is in the corridor near the entrance. The rubbish bin is at the front left corner, screened off.

Required pics

More of the building:

The units:
Unit 1 designed for couple with young teenage boy.

Unit 2 intended for a couple of friends. (Unfortunately the cat wallpaper got cut out of shot )

Unit 3 for an older couple

Unit 4 for another couple

Unit 5

Unit 6 for recently divorced parent and teenage daughter

Sadly, I think some pictures on what might look like bare walls got cut out of shot (and not always visible on floor plan).
Top Secret Researcher
#543 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:09 PM
Just spoke to Gummi a few minutes ago...
Gummi is sick right now. I am not sure when scores will be up, but please extend just a bit more patience with her right now. Thank you. :lovestruc
Forum Resident
#544 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 12:54 PM
ey no probs!
Wishing Gummi the best in health and luck!

also
since we're doing big complexes, here's a list of amenities I found that might help our lovely builders:
https://www.thespruce.com/what-are-...menities-155950
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#545 Old 26th Aug 2018 at 2:08 PM
I am away now until Friday 31 August and my entry is not quite completed so I will post it on my return.

Link Ninja
#546 Old 27th Aug 2018 at 2:01 AM Last edited by Charmful : 28th Aug 2018 at 6:24 AM. Reason: mislabeled a button
Default Round 4: Big Complex
Beach Breeze High Rise

Number of Units: 6

Apartments in this tall building boast great views, either of the town ("Dry-side") or the ocean ("Ocean-side"). There are 6 units total with two of them being penthouses. The units vary in layout from floor to floor with different households in mind. The layouts have similar elements such as abundant natural light through many clustered ceiling-to-floor windows as well as interior schemes of teal and bright green - colors to bring out the fresh and tropical feel of the location and surrounding elements of the ocean and lush terrain. This, combined with majority of neutral whites with black accenting on appliances and plumbing, makes for a distinct modern look to it as well.

Parts of the building have stone walls for structural reinforcement that create a harmony of material that keeps the interior design from being overly boring or too busy. From the front and back exterior, you can see the building looks to be split into thirds with white plaster, beige stone, and brown bamboo siding that extends into the outside, under-window flower beds. The feel of the building is luxurious and yet casual, expensive but relaxed. The building utilizes solar panels on the roof to lower energy and rent costs, and the climate provides ample sunlight!

Bathrooms for each unit carry either a bright blue or green theme in flooring tile that carries into the wall behind each sink. The shower areas are encased in a dark charcoal tile to match the dark accents of the plumbing. The dark color also contrasts nicely against the pop of bright color and white neutral of the remaining walls.

*Notes about pics:
1. I pushed the chairs in to show how they would look in a live-in space but pulled them out for play testing so they were usable.
2. I allocated 4 of the 8 'extra structure pics' to be used as 2 extra pictures each on the Penthouse units since they are larger. So Regular units have 4 images each but the pethouses use 6 total, leaving 4 for public spaces.

PUBLIC AREAS
The first floor of the building is entirely public space for the residents; there is an open gym with a variety of weight machines plus treadmills for cardio, a coffee station, billiard table, ample comfortable seating, two gender-neutral bathrooms for quick access to toilet or shower after a workout session or a coffee binge and an office area with a computer. The back of the building has a landscaped outdoor, but shaded social area, under a custom, intricate trellis-style roof for eating and drinking. The Landlord will grill on Saturdays and there's an in-house bar server available 24-hours to order drinks from and listen to any troubles one might have. Mailboxes and the bill drop is located out the front next to the garbage can in the small indenture of the building.

Mirrors are another decorative motif found throughout the building that create the illusion of more space; the public area makes use of them in the gym and on the walls in the billiards area.

All public floor areas contain a trash chute - this makes it so the Landlord can easily discard any unwanted and untouched old newspapers. Residents can also dump their trash here right outside their door when they take it out instead of trekking all the way down to the front of the building.

Access to each floor can be had either through taking the elevator or spiral stairwell.

~*~

-THE UNITS-

~*~

1A (Second Floor; Dry-side)
1 Bed/1 Bath
Cost: $1,916

This unit is a one bedroom apartment that is decorated with green walls and uses the larger kitchen layout. It's unique item is a dart board. The television is located against the stone wall along with the bookshelf. There is a decorative coffee table behind the sofa for sims to use to set items. The computer desk is near the kitchen against the inner wall. The patio activity is an art easel and it is decorated with the same flowers in alternating planter designs along with many canvases. Dining table seats 3; living room seats 3 (on a sofa)

~*~
1B (Second Floor; Ocean-side)
1 Bed/1 Bath
Cost: $1,890

This unit has two rooms, currently meant for a single sim in need of a study. It's decorated with teal walls and uses the smaller kitchen layout due to the bathroom's positioning. It's unique item is a violin, also contained within the study is a bookshelf and computer desk. The living area is smaller due to the space taken up by the study. The balcony is meant for relaxation, to take in the views and it contains a small fountain, seating, and planter decorations on the wall. Dining table seats 4; living room seats 3 (Sofa + Chair)

~*~

2A (Third Floor; Dry-side)
1 Bed/1 Bath
Cost: $1,885

This unit is a one bedroom apartment decorated with teal walls and using the smaller kitchen layout due to the positioning of the bathroom. It's unique item is the small fishtank. Clearly, the one who lives here is big into surfing culture evident by the various surfing/Tikki paraphanelia on the walls plus the tikki idol in their room. The desk and bookshelf are located against the stone wall. The Balcony activity is stargazing, and is also decorated with some outf=door plants. Dining table seats 2; living room seats 3 (sofa + chair)

~*~

2B (Third Floor; Ocean-side)
2 Bed/1 Bath
Cost: $1,892

This unit has two bedrooms, meant for a family with at least one adult and child. The interior walls are decorated in green and it uses the larger kitchen layout. The unique item is the toy box in the smaller room. There is a high interest in aviation by assumedly, the adult, in the apartment. The computer desk is located next to the kitchen and the bookshelf is located across from the entry. The dining area is on the balcony so they can get great views with their meals, and not worry about rain because there is cover above them. Dining table seats 3 and is on the balcony; living seats 3 (Sofa) and 1 reading chair aroudnd the corner.

~*~

3A Penthouse (Fourth/Fifth Floor; Dry-side)
2 Bed/2 Bath
Cost: $4,541

Because it is a penthouse apartment, it has more space, is more expensive and in this case, split into a lower and upper floor accessed by spiral stairs. The lower floor contains the kitchen, dining, a bathroom, bedroom, and access to the small balcony. The Small balacony activity is outdoor chess. There is a small entry way area containing a mirror, dresser, and a collection of indoor plants that drink in the sunlight from the cluster of ceiling-to-floor windows.

The kitchen appliances are all white accented instead of black and there is more counter space and these penthouse kitchens contain two breakfast bar seats; the penthouse kitchen also has a trash compactor. The lower floor is decorated in green walls while the upper uses teal walls.

The upper floor contains a living and recreation area with a stereo, juice station (it's unique item), flat screen television, sofa, glass coffee table and combined bookshelf, as well as a computer desk. There is also the upper floor bathroom which can be accessed through the main room or the connected bedroom. There is a distinctive canvas painting wall gallery across the back inner wall, which is meant to belong to the resident in the upper bedroom who has a high interest in art, their easel is on the same floor in front of the windows for prime views of the land.

Access to the large balcony is through the main room. The large balcony boasts an open fire place for cool ocean-aired nights, along with seating for up to 4 to chat around that fireplace and the majong table. There are also a variety of combined plants decorating this balcony.

Total dining seats 5; living room seats 3 three (sofa)

~*~

3B Penthouse (Fourth/Fifth Floor; Ocean-side)
3 Bed/2 Bath
Cost: $4,765

Because it is a penthouse apartment, it has more space, is more expensive and in this case, split into a lower and upper floor accessed by spiral stairs. The lower floor contains the kitchen, dining, and living area with access to the small balcony. The upper floor contains the bedrooms, a bathroom, a reading nook, and the large balcony that faces west and to the North, the ocean.

This unit has a lot of bamboo decor, the seating for the living area, the tall chairs, the dining table are all made of bamboo and it also has live stalks of the stuff decorating the living area and large balcony as well. The lower floor is decorated in teal walls while the upper uses green walls except teal for the child and teen bedroom.

It's unique item is the bird cage. The small balcony contains a meditation area complete with refreshing plants, mat, music stereo, and a calming waterfall fountain.

The bedroom above the small balcony is a child's bedroom with a single bed, desk, and dresser and a play area immediatley outside in front of the cluster of windows. Across from the child room is the teen room which contains a single bed, desk, dresser and painitng easel. This bedroom also has access to the large balcony through a single glass door.

The Adult bedroom connects to the upper floor bathroom and contains a double bed, dresser, and night stand. It also has access to the large balcony through a single glass door.

The large balcony contains the birdcage, a large telescope for stargazing, and a hammock for relaxation.

Total dining seats 7; living room seating for four (two loveseats)

~*~

-CUSTOM CONTENT-
Windows:
-Metro Window Set by Tiggy027 (all floors, interior walls)
-"Fallingwater" seamless window2-left by Prida (windows facing balconies)

Doors:
-Torrox Door - Double Glass by Moune999 (ground floor exit/entry)
-"Fallingwater" Modern door#1 by Prida (large balcony access doors)

Fencing:
-White stone building roof trim by Cyclonesue @ TSR (around stage flowers and for trellis roof)
-Modern Fence High (White) by lirunchik @ TSR (for balconies)
-Bumper Crop Redwood Fence 3t2 conversion by Amovitam (perimeter fence)

Note: Combined Vanilla Items (not cc!):
1A coffee table
1B TV/table, nightstand in corner with 'potted plant'
Lamp with fan in first four units' bedrooms.
Various plants and crafted vases:
Entry of 3A, Next to computer desk in 3B, Bedroom of 2B, etc
Various bookshelves turned around and used for backing or deco elements in 3A and 3B and 1B units

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#547 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:55 AM Last edited by gummilutt : 9th Sep 2018 at 4:42 AM.
Round 3 scores

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#548 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 1:57 AM
Let's just say it's not a good summer for me. Will most likely be somewhat absent again, need to go back to my city to see my doctor and figure out what to do about all this. Will have my laptop with me and if I can check in I will but don't have much room in my brain for much more than just getting through right now. But round 3 scores finally out, which means round 4 ends in exactly 7 days from when the most was made. I will add a timer to main post.

Will update main post score board when I can, too tired for it now will just end up breaking the formatting.

Top Secret Researcher
#549 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 3:45 AM
Oops forgot to delete extra screenshots from attachments after deleting from inline post.
Mad Poster
#550 Old 29th Aug 2018 at 5:36 PM
Hey @gummilutt - just a 'heads up' - on Yvelotic200's scores, Judge 2's comments are in both judge 1 AND 2's spots. We are missing Judge 1's comments.

Sending you prayers, thoughts, vibes, and love {{{hugs}}} - I hope you feel better (and life treats you better too!) real soon! :lovestruc

and Vintage Stuffeths
Locked thread | Locked by: gdayars Reason: Contest over
Page 22 of 25