Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 11:40 PM
Default How do you add a config file to a mod?
I've been wanting to make a config file for one of my mods to change a few lines in the code or maybe even enable or disable interactions if that's possible. I know MCCC uses a config file but I don't know exactly what a config file can be used for in a mod for or how it interacts with the script. If anyone could teach me more about them that would be great, either an explanation or some files I can look at to try to understand them.
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2022 at 2:07 AM
Maybe TurboDriver can help you?
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Oct 2022 at 6:06 AM
I don't make script mods for the Sims but I have experience with other scripts. In those I would read the config file into the script and do different things depending on the values found there.

For example, the config file might look like this:

Code:
value1=true

Then in my script I would have something like this (exact syntax will vary):

Code:
$values = Import config.txt

If ($values.value1 = true)
{
Display "Hello"
}
else
{
Display "See you later"
}

In this case the default behavior would be to display the words "See you later". However since the value in the config file is true, my script would instead display the word "Hello".

Common sense is one of nature's great ironies... It turns out common sense isn't so common.

Please see my new journal for news on my mods as well as requests.