Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 4:10 AM
Default Trouble taking photos for house
I hope this is the right forum. I'm trying to share a house I made, but the images are too small, so I tried using print screen, but it shows my desktop instead of the game. Next I tried using obs, making a video, using screenshots from that, but they are very blurry. Is there something else I can try?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lunatails
I hope this is the right forum. I'm trying to share a house I made, but the images are too small, so I tried using print screen, but it shows my desktop instead of the game. Next I tried using obs, making a video, using screenshots from that, but they are very blurry. Is there something else I can try?

I use FRAPS, just the free version. https://fraps.com/ you set the key to what you like and the photos go into a folder. This takes bmp shots.

I then bulk convert them to pngs with another free program called FastStone
https://www.faststone.org/ drag the bmp shots over to the right, convert and done in a few seconds.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#3 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 7:07 AM
Most of creators here using Fraps.
If you have Win10 or higher, the most simple way to take screenshots without installing anything is snapping tool.
There are other new programs like Greenshot and PicPick. They offer to make signs and frames after take shot.
I prefer ScreenshotCapture myself. It shows dialog screen of what area you want to cut and then saves all shots in .jpg And also use default Windows snapping tool myself when forget to load ScreenshotCapture. It works very similar as ScreenshotCapture

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.