Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#201 Old 20th May 2022 at 10:27 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 20th May 2022 at 10:44 PM.
Had been having a bad time trying to get sleep at night.

When I finally got sleep, I dreamt I was small enough to take a bath in a fancy teacup. Actually, I was taking a bath in a teacup in that dream. It was a bit freaky to be that small.

I eventually took a hot bath. One thing I don't like about bathing is more about my hair. When my hair initially dries, it poofs up like a Cocker Spaniel's ears. I'm not really great at styling my hair with heated tools. I always left that to my mother, who styled my hair in school.

I had the bun\pigtail combo of Usagi Tsukino from Sailor Moon when I did a theatrical one-woman presentation on the history of smallpox in 6th grade elementary school (I have VHS evidence of the report) and one day, my mother did the tied back spaghetti braids of Relena Dorlian\Peacecraft from Gundam Wing as a challenge when my hair was poker straight back then. When I turned 18, my hair began to rebel and so did I.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#202 Old 22nd May 2022 at 4:15 PM
Went grocery shopping. Had to put a few things back because I was low on money. At least I got the toothpaste, which was the reason for it in the first place.

Also, I started on Noom dieting. I want to change myself for the better and I am willing to pay the fee for the 10 month course, it's an all encompassing mind and body experience. Learned that watery foods are helpful, so I may need to start stocking up on fruit and eat it. I already have a rainbow of carrots.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
#203 Old 23rd May 2022 at 8:49 PM
Today I discovered where bumble bees disappear to when it's coming on to rain. Not one of life's more pressing issues, admittedly, but in my case the answer came accompanied by a certain amount of pain. Such inoffensive creatures too, so I thought. I love to see them on a sunny day, gently humming from flower to flower. And I have often assisted them when they've been trapped inside windows, and even gently picked them up to convey them outside. I'd never once been stung: they seemed to understand my friendly intentions. But they don't appreciate it when you put your hand down on the very clump of grass where they've been sheltering. Surprisingly painful. Worse than a wasp. I shall be sure to wear gloves next time I clip the crass around my currant bushes.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#204 Old 23rd May 2022 at 9:04 PM
A medical nightmare.

Ultrasound appointment revealed that my ovarian cysts have returned and that one of my psych pills is responsible for my late period. I now have to take a 12 pill round to trigger a period.

I had cysts since my teen years and my first cyst removal removed a softball sized cyst with veins. Lucky me that the doctor who removed my cyst also removed one from my mother.

Ugh...I have to go off my hormones I was on and onto the new pills to kickstart my period.

I'm just glad that I am done with today. I'm having chicken yakitori and boiled corn on the cob for dinner.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#205 Old 24th May 2022 at 6:18 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 25th May 2022 at 7:40 PM.
The hot water tank died, our propane is below 20%, but at least I have a home.

Edit: Hot water heater tank replaced. Propane needs refill.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#206 Old 29th May 2022 at 10:45 AM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 30th May 2022 at 3:21 PM.
I have a busy day ahead of me.

I have to go in for a pre-op clearance for the extraction of the broken tooth.

Shopping for 3 nights' worth of dinners and whatever else comes up.

Edit: Couldn't find the Goya Tropical Lemon juice, the frozen edamame nor the Strawberry and Hibiscus herbal tea, but I reached my 3,000 step goal.

But I did have to line up my cardiology appointment and my second booster shot.

Edit 2: Couldn't find the edamame beans nor the Goya Tropical Lemon juice.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#207 Old 1st Jun 2022 at 8:12 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 1st Jun 2022 at 9:55 PM.
Did retail therapy.

Ate delicious food

Hopefully, I get clearance from my cardiology appointment for dental surgery.

Last time on "The Medical Misadventures of PANDAQUEEN"...

Our heroine was taken in early, but the doctor is still on the hospital floor. The scale won in the battle of egos and the impromptu cardiology appointment is nerve-racking to Panda as much as going 80mph on Route 80.

Will our heroine be cleared in time for surgery? Or will it be rescheduled, even after giving contact info to the staff? Tune in next time...same thread, same subforum.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#208 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 9:01 AM

Green light for launch! The cardiologist cleared Panda for her dental surgery. But today means another appointment to check medical history via phone call to better apply anesthesia and intubation.

Will the call go smoothly? Or will the delay on the other side be because of numerous quality of life surgeries? Tune in next time...same thread, same subforum.

Mad Poster
#209 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 12:36 PM
Things I've learnt since moving to Wales:
Fudge is AMAZING.

Every time I go anywhere they're selling home made fudge. I got some mars bar fudge when I visited Gwyrch Castle last week and ugh its so good. I promised I'd save some for Adam but I think I'm gonna eat it all in 1 sitting. I dunno maybe its not a Welsh thing because I also got fudge at Chester Zoo... but I never had it growing up apart from those generic not homemade ones that tasted like nothing.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#210 Old 3rd Jun 2022 at 7:02 PM

Panda went in for a second booster for COVID-19 and is now ready to face the medical background check.

As the week is winding closer to the climax of the operation, Panda is going to be dealing with a wide and varied gamut of emotion. Good thing CS, her counselor will talk with her the day before.

Will our heroine hold on for another hour? Or will fatigue, courtesy of the Sandman, set in and send her to bed? Tune in next time...same thread, same subforum.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#211 Old 4th Jun 2022 at 11:59 PM

Oh dear! Panda has a terrible toothache! Apparently, that second round of antibiotics didn't do anything but make it worse. The left back half of her mouth feels like she got mauled by a bear or ninjas. Luckily, a little bit of massage to the gums, some Tylenol and daydreaming about the flavor of the month, man of her dreams, Richard Epcar; should at least distract her enough to get some rest.

Can she hold out? Or will she cancel the operation? Tune in next time... same thread, same subforum.

Lab Assistant
#212 Old 5th Jun 2022 at 6:21 PM
i've been dealing with serious dry eyes since i've been in my game dev program, constantly staring at a screen to do anything i need to do. my sight is unfortunately further damaged because i didn't take very good care of my eyes, but i was able to get some really good drops that last a long time. super nice for use right before bed, too, so my eyes aren't like deserts in the morning.

they are gel so they blur your vision temporarily, but it's very temporary. and a little goes a long way. i like these a lot so i thought i'd share them in case anyone else deals with dry eyes that regular drops don't help.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#213 Old 6th Jun 2022 at 7:12 PM

Panda visited the dermatologist who, when she last saw her, was on the verge of having a baby. (The baby is now a year old.) Panda's skin consist of thickened soles, psoriasis on her ankle and elbows and blind zit popping up in unfortunate spots. The doctor sent her a number of prescription and over the counter ointment.

Turned out the toothache was sensitivity. So, with her toothbrushing allowance, Panda bought a toothpaste that strengthens, desensitizes and whitens with a gentle mint flavor.

The nurse from the hospital called for the special instructions on the day of the surgery. Business as usual with these surgeries, that Panda deserves a punch card and a free surgery of her choosing for her 10th operation.

Panda is in the home stretch, but will she be able to hang on for another 4 days? Will she be fine? Tune in next time... same thread, same subforum...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#214 Old 7th Jun 2022 at 8:27 PM

Oh no! Panda's back teeth hurt worse, are wiggling and her jaw is clenched. Her parents can't miss work right now and eating solid foods is impossible without sending a shockwave of pain. She'll have to hold on until Friday.

Oh, how unbelievably unbearable! This is of no help.

Will she be able to get help before surgery? Or will the pain be too much for her that she needs liquid Tylenol? Tune in next time... same thread, same subforum...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#215 Old 8th Jun 2022 at 9:09 PM

The pain is subsiding and the clock is ticking. Only a few more days until Panda goes under the knife to fix her teeth.

She is currently working on a huge (Top Secret) project known as "Project Fallen Stars", and not much is known except it's a collaboration with engineering firms.

But the project will be put on the back burner until she recovers.

Will Panda be able to get some rest? Will "Project Fallen Stars" be continued? Tune in next time... same thread, same subforum...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#216 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 8:19 AM
Last Time on "The Medical Misadventures of PANDAQUEEN"...

Panda had a few mishaps getting an IV port put in and has a few bloodied and bruised pin pricks on both her arms but her operation was a success.

Her mother kicked her off the couch while she was recovering to watch crime dramas (boo!)

Will Panda get her chance to watch TV downstairs?

Tune in next time...same thread, same subforum...

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#217 Old 11th Jun 2022 at 11:27 PM
I had my dental surgery, but after coughing so much to get rid of the leftover anesthesia, my body aches. I feel tired, achy and like my head could pop off at any given moment.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#218 Old 13th Jun 2022 at 5:43 PM
Still worn out, on the brink of tears and just wanting to have someone rub my back with capsaicin ointment, tuck me into my bed and let me sleep.

If only they sent me home with a nurse...my parents are worn out from caring for me over the weekend.

Project Fallen Stars will continue, but I need to recover.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#219 Old 14th Jun 2022 at 8:26 PM
Today, my mom took me out shopping.

After recuperating for 4 days, she decided a change of scenery would do me good.

So, we went shopping. I finally got a new pair of shoes. Black sneakers with black soles. I was able to stock up on my stomach medicine after it ran out. I even bought a doll for 50% off. But I can't tell my father that I bought it. He's touchy about money since gas and food went up and because Asshole, USA (not my town's real name, just a placeholder for anonymity) is in farm land and services are the next town over, gas and food are important.

We even got to eat inside the Philipsburg Taco Bell for the first time in months.

While unboxing the doll...I cut out the back of the package because it looked like a poster, I saved the picture and pinned it to my corkboard. It featured the other doll characters posing for a photo op from the perspective of the picture.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#220 Old 15th Jun 2022 at 2:10 PM
Today, on a Very Special "The Medical Misadventures of PANDAQUEEN"...

Halfway through June and her period still hasn't come back. Strange. She have been pretty much abstinent from the celibacy thrusted upon her.

She have been without a period for the past two months. They gave her medicine to trigger it to come back, but no results yet.

Panda is concerned about it. As she suffer from Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), part of her symptoms is irregular periods (not arriving as expected, blood accidents during sleep, heavy flow, PMS symptoms are screwed up...you get the point)

Her ultrasound appointment last month revealed the cysts have returned. The last time Panda had a cyst, her surgeon pointed out it was the size of a softball, it had veins and nearly tried taking an ovary hostage. The hostage situation was averted, but her diagnosis was bleak when she tested positive for PCOS. And on Halloween. Panda found herself gorging on chocolate in tears that night.

Will Panda see her period return? Or is it really the end of the line? Tune in next time...same thread, same subforum

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#221 Old 16th Jun 2022 at 12:49 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 16th Jun 2022 at 7:40 PM.
Today on "The Medical Misadventures of PANDAQUEEN"...

This morning, her period finally came back! After a long stretch of over a year on period-free birth control and 2½ months off it, the trigger pills kicked in.

Still craving junk, still dealing with side effects and still dealing with thunder and lightning.

But she's doing fine.

Have the grey skies finally cleared? Or is it just a resumption of her teenage days? Tune in next time... same thread, same subforum...

Edit 14:32 - on an unrelated note...

I finally got a new phone ordered and I will be paying it off over time for the next 3 years.

The current one I have is a Samsung Galaxy S9+, which was bought a couple of years before the pandemic and I have to go through the transition process when I get the new one. As painful as it seems, I don't think it will be a big problem. I have skills in high tech, due in no small part of my father.

BTW, Father's Day in the US is this Sunday. This year, I wrote my father an acrostic poem that highlights his best properties based on his name. My parents have first names that are associated with English royalty and eras of fashions beyond the personal style.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#222 Old 18th Jun 2022 at 11:28 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 19th Jun 2022 at 6:21 PM.
My new phone is now fully operational!

Took a bit of a struggle to get ALL my data onto the new phone, but it is all there!

Now I have a $1400+ debt to pay off, but I at least don't pay it off in one sitting. I am getting used to the concept of lines of credit.

The phone I have now is a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra. It has a hard drive storage of up to 512 GB and allows for stylus input, which was one of the selling points I pounced on.

Mad Poster
#223 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 8:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xddl8fpf2uA

(Had to work the weekend, but still... vacation time!)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#224 Old 20th Jun 2022 at 9:38 PM
I went on a Wal-Mart run with my mother. Picked up $32 worth of groceries, a white bikini in my size and neon pink transparent jelly flip-flops (or thong sandals for my international readers.). Every item in my cart was on sale today. Rollbacks, be purified!

I have plans to take time swimming this summer. I hear swimming is a great way to exercise.

Then, a rather quick stop at the yarn barn.

Then, home to put away our goods.

Then, to the doctor who heard about my tirade against that Porta Potty that should have been cleaned up one more time before it would be thrown into the Trash Masher.

I had lunch at Taco Bell. I asked for black beans, but they were heavy handed on the beans and it spilled out the other end, dripping on the wrapping...

Planning out my summer plans for this year. I want to limit my screen time to a smaller section of the day.

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#225 Old 24th Jun 2022 at 1:59 PM
Feeling bad for my father.

June 30th is approaching. That was when my grandmother (his mother) died 8 years ago. He was spoiled rotten by her and in a way, I would receive the same treatment as the first grandchild.

His depression is leaving him like a lead weight. He's practically motionless. He has a list of chores for the day, but with his depression, he probably won't get it done.

I wish I could help him. It's kind of sad to see him like this.

Page 9 of 37