Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

"TESTERS WANTED" Concert grand piano

by dyonis-my Posted 30th Jan 2005 at 9:51 PM - Updated 10th Oct 2008 at 5:00 AM by whitesiren

100 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 99 Feedback Posts
Page 3 of 5
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#51 Old 6th Feb 2005 at 8:39 AM
yes i have considered to make a synth, the problem is that, i wish to put others sounds than the piano sounds when someone plays, i don't know how to do. Another thing, i am not textures expert, the try i made for the white piano was a mess, so i won't make another mess by trying to make a black one.
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 2:26 PM
The piano looks beautiful in the game and thank you for your hard work and creativity. Any chance you'd be able to do it also in white and or mahogany?
Field Researcher
#53 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 3:31 PM
Just thought I'd let you know that the piano works perfectly for me ... no problems. Thank you very much for adding a nice slice of sims1 to sims 2.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 7:25 PM
No recolors yet?
#55 Old 7th Feb 2005 at 8:17 PM
From what I can see you can't recolor it
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:19 AM
It works fine in the game, but needs more texture... the detail is a bit 'flat'..
Retired Live Chat Moderator
#57 Old 8th Feb 2005 at 1:48 AM
Earlier up someone said they had made a new texture image for it and were waiting for permission to post it... perhaps they can have their permission granted or at least post a pic of how it looks? I'd love to see!
Test Subject
#58 Old 9th Feb 2005 at 9:46 AM
Oo, yes, please give permission! I want that recolor.
Test Subject
#59 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:45 AM
OH MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANK U SO MUCH. :howdy:
Test Subject
#60 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MusicalSim
WOW thank you SO much for making this. I have mentioned in many of the forum threads my sadness that Maxis had not included a grand piano in the game and there appeared to be no sign of one in the new EP screenshots. The option also of a white piano and a black piano would be great if possible to make. Truely amazing work.

If u r interested in more musical instruments 4 TS2 go to:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=44425
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#61 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:38 AM
permission granted to who wish to recolor the grand piano, i just wish that you keep credits to who made this piano first, and precise that, the tools used are MTS2 tools from Miche and Delphy, ands this is a beta object wich can eventualy cause problems in the game, even if nobody noticed a problem with it
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 10:28 AM
great work!
Field Researcher
#63 Old 15th Feb 2005 at 9:32 PM
Great piano
Test Subject
#64 Old 16th Feb 2005 at 12:57 AM
Great Job!

I also noticed that it takes 6 squares but only shows as being 4, but as long as you are careful placing it it is fine. I have not had any problems with it, but a thief came by and stole it after the first evening. (Bet his bag was full!) You might want to see if you can edit the price up to 5,000 and bump the environment up one or two...
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 8:22 AM
YES! *shakes fists at sky* Finally! That Saloon piano looked like crap in my mansions. Thank you so much.
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 3:20 PM
This is great . but i have a request can you make a pipe organ for my sims church that would be even more awsome
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#67 Old 17th Feb 2005 at 4:57 PM
no i cannot, first because i cannot change the sounds the piano plays, imagine a church organ with a pianoi sound, would be weird.
Field Researcher
#68 Old 18th Feb 2005 at 10:13 PM
I wouldn't mind the sound. My churches are more for decoration anyway.... and an organ would be GREAT!!!!!! It's really missing right now....

So if that is the only reason you don't want to do it.... would you please reconsider?
Test Subject
#69 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 7:00 AM
Excellent item. I love it. And since I did notice they gave permission to recolor it, I made an attempt at a black one since everyone is so interested in it. I am not posting it yet because I seem to have hit a snag with the keys on the piano not showing up. Also the texture I used was supposed to be glossy and kinda reflective and its not coming up that way in game *I'm still a newb to all of this.* And also it would overwrite the great object made by dyonis-my since I still am learning all this and I am not too sure on how to change the object id and stuff. But either way, here is a screenshot of what it looks like in the house as of now. Gimmie some thoughts/feedback. If anyone can fix this and work off it, gimmie a shout and I'll send it your way (Unless I can fix it first, lol.)

Test Subject
#70 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 7:42 AM
*Update*

I was able to fix the keys problem and I lightened the texture so it has a kind of definition, but its still overlapping the previous object. I know I should searchm, but its like 2:30am right now and I am now tired, lol. Here is a screenshot of what it looks like now. If I can get the texture darker and nicer looking I will do so. Until then, this is about the best I can do at this time of night. Lemme know what you all think.

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#71 Old 22nd Feb 2005 at 8:25 AM
another thing, about your church organs, i live in france and i don't know how are your church organs. But in france, here is a church organ.

http://forums.modthesims2.com/attac...tid=35443&stc=1

As you can see, this is a very complicated thing, and would be very very difficult to model, with an excessive number of faces and vertices.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#72 Old 23rd Feb 2005 at 5:03 AM
this is GREAT! any recolors yet?
Test Subject
#73 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 4:09 PM
Wonderful work dyonis, I would add my name to the request for any recolors of this object. The links of the recolors above are dead, would like to see how it turned out. Thanks again for your work Dyonis.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#74 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 4:15 PM
recolor allowed for all, just don't forget the original creator in the credits :D
#75 Old 28th Feb 2005 at 10:22 PM
i love it, and i noticed that you put in tons of works and detail!
Page 3 of 5