Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#5551 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 12:09 AM
Terrell and Monique Bishop are pleased to announce the birth of their son, Neal, at 1:30 am on Friday morning. Both parents and baby are doing fine.

They are also pleased to announce that Terrell has been appointed judge to the district court and will start his duties later on in the day, as soon as he finds a nanny to take care of their child while both of them are working.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Advertisement
Scholar
#5552 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 12:51 AM
I have been playing around with a post-apocalypse hood as a way to test mods and game play rules. It is based around Strangetown, which after the disaster, General Buzz rules as a benign but strict outpost of law and order. Aliens and mutants are exiled, as are anyone who breaks the rules or doesn't care to live by them. There are two subhoods: Outcaste, which is built on the ruins of a city and is home to outlaws, vampire and werewolf mutants, and other pleasure-seekers and rule-breakers, and Ambrosia, a peaceful commune founded by the exiled Curious and Smith families, which welcomes aliens, plant mutants, and nature lovers. Each hood has its own rules that residents must abide by. Then there are the wastelands where the zombies live, overseen by the witch Olive Specter and her immortal son Nervous. I'm toying with the idea of introducing a zombie apocalypse mod. Anyway, it's been fun and diverting, and has helped me with learning how various mods work without worrying too much about the consequences. (Poor Cyd Roseland is now a zombie, alas.)
Field Researcher
#5553 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 11:46 AM
The perils of routing failure. I’m playing a tiny Plasticbox house, with just one available kitchen counter for food preparation. My Sim, Tessa, goes to prepare breakfast, only to find that one of the cats is sitting on the counter. Foot stomp, thought bubble, annoyed complaint. I direct the cat to jump down and leave the kitchen, but unfortunately in the meantime Tessa has dumped the food on the floor, right in front of the counter, so the cat has nowhere to go. Now the cat’s annoyed with me about the tiny kitchen too.

If only it could walk across the cooker and go and drink from the kitchen tap out of the way...

I think this is a job for move objects. I don’t see any other way out of their predicament, unless I can get the timing just right for getting Tessa to pick up the food and unblock the cat before she dumps everything again.
Scholar
#5554 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 1:34 PM
Here's what happened playing Pascal for a week in my test post-apocalypse hood. He and his baby Gilberte with the rest of the family were exiled from Strangetown by General Buzz and founded the commune of Ambrosia with the Smiths. Pascal started out living with Chloe and Lola, who both got jobs and helped him care for the baby. Then he got an unlucky roll and was turned into a werewolf, so he had to move without his baby to the destroyed city of Outcaste, where he took over an abandoned house with basic furniture. He was unhappy because there were no bookcases or telescopes to be found. He was a werewolf for a few days--he makes a very cute one, with his glasses--and made an enemy out of Crystal Vu by feeding on her twice, ate a downtownie, and made Tank Grunt pee his pants by grring at him. Then he ran into Olive Specter, who likes him because he's friends with her son Nervous, and she blessed him with a werewolf cure. Pascal returned to the commune, got his baby (now a toddler), and moved in with Vidcund and his alien baby because their brother Lazlo had been spying on Olive with the telescope during the daytime and she had cursed him with a fatal poisoning. Now he wants to resurrect Lazlo, which will become a likelihood because everyone in the commune who isn't an artist or fisher/farmer studies the paranormal and natural science. Whew.
Forum Resident
#5555 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 2:41 PM
I only played the Caliente household this session and it was rather chill compared to the Lothario household.

Nina wanted to flirt with Daniel as soon as I loaded the lot up, so she invited Daniel and fulfilled all of her wants pertaining to him, including a Woohoo.

Not long after the Woohoo session, the phone rang. It was Don Lothario asking Nina if she wanted to go on an outing Downtown. Of course, she accepted, seeing this as an opportunity to clear the air with him and perhaps get their romance back on track.

Arriving at Downtown, Nina realised that she wasn't the only sim Don had invited. He also brought Cassandra, Garnet (his eldest, teen daughter), Maribella (the youngest of his twin girls), Dina (who smacked Cassandra the entire time), and Kennedy Cox (I think he's a colleague of Don's, could be wrong).

With the exception of Dina attacking Cassandra the whole time, it was a peaceful outing. They sat at a table, had cake, and just talked.

It was getting late, so they took the party back to her place, where she made spaghetti for everyone while Don and Cassandra left to take Maribella home. This was when she showed her first pregnancy bump.

She invited Daniel over the next day, where they had a little date that ended prematurely, because I accidentally clicked the 'Shoo' option.

A few days later, she gave birth to a little boy called Romeo. The rest of the session was spent on looking after him until he aged to toddler and attempting to get his toddler skills learned. I don't know if this is a bug, but Nina did become furious at her son... I don't know what he did, considering he's still a toddler.

I can't wait to see what Romeo looks like when he ages up, because he looks adorable already. I know it's the magic of most of Pleasantview's residents being based on the second template (the Burbs being the worse for it (they're nice looking, though)), but he's still cute.

Next time will definitely be the Dreamers. I'm loving Darren and Brandi together.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#5556 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 6:15 PM
The Hobbs family made it through another day in fall and got their house addition completed and are about to make time to go shopping soon.
Forum Resident
#5557 Old 1st Sep 2020 at 9:38 PM
For the first time ever, I had a college student get abducted by the secret society. At first I thought Miranda was getting insulted by the policewoman bc her party was too loud, but then she was taken to a limo, and then I figured out that what had happened was that the dormies I had her seduce were all secret society members, and since she became friends with them, she technically qualified to be abducted by them.

She continued to celebrate this by using the secret society's bed to woohoo with one of her boyfriends. Suprise suprise, she got pregnant from risky woohoo. Naturally, I had to have her, Hal and former teen townie Mallory kicked out of the dorm, because it's not an appropriate environment to raise a baby, so it'll be interesting how she'll manage uni pregnant and with a baby. Next up should be Juliette, who'll get pregnant from Robin, who'll be most likely Hermia's boyfriend later. I love the drama I create.
Scholar
#5558 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 1:49 AM
After playing a couple of rounds in my postapocalypse hood, I think I'm getting everything sorted out. I moved in some college grads/dropouts to up the population. General Buzz welcomes all to Strangetown and says they will find room although housing is limited. Here's what's happened.

Circe mutated into a plant and had to move to Ambrosia. She and Loki divorced as a result. Loki hired a live-in nanny for their son; it was Ophelia, and predictably they have become involved. Circe was feeling a money pinch due to not being able to find a job and married her old friend Abhijeet Cho (who didn't bring in that much money but does provide extra earning power), but then Loki came over, and it's clear where her heart is.

Tank Grunt mutated into a werewolf and changed his brother Buck to boot. Per the rules, they were exiled to Outcaste, leaving the Grunt house pretty empty. Since Buzz has been talking up being welcoming, he opened his extra three rooms to recent college graduates to rent. We'll see how that pans out. There are also a couple of new households in Strangetown, roommates for now: the Davis brothers (perennial favorites) and Blossom Moonbeam with Emily Lee.

Outcaste is now starting to become populated. Ripp dropped out of college (first time making him Pleasure, but it fits), and he's moved in with his brothers because he couldn't stand the idea of going back to Strangetown. It's a pretty cramped house so we'll see how that works out. Sanjay was grieving his pregnant wife Priya (killed by an errant mod) and wanted to pursue music, so he moved downtown too. The entire Traveller family (with new baby) were also exiled there for having a contraband telescope. Also Peter Ottomas mutated into a werewolf and had to leave his family in Strangetown for exile; since Dora died, they are dependent on teen Sharla's income, but David recently moved back in, so that should help.

The cult Ambrosia is becoming known for extending lifespans, and plenty of Sims are sneaking down there to taste of its blessed waters. Stella Terrano moved in with the Curious twins. A newly young Jenny Smith had a new baby. Pascal got a career in paranormal and is researching how to resurrect Lazlo, as he's a very angry ghost and won't let the children sleep.
Forum Resident
#5559 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 3:07 PM
I feel that this could potentially be a weirder entry, especially when concerning the Oldie's kids, which you'll see for yourself later.

In the Dreamer Family, Darren aged to an elder and Brandi got pregnant with her fifth child. Brandi and Darren are still very much in love, holding hands and slow dancing when unsupervised.

Beau and Lucy are still going strong, making the most of their last week together, since Lucy is off to college on the second to last day of the Burb's turn in rotation. I gave him a knowledge secondary aspiration, as he has a knowledge token apparently; I'd thought he had a Family token, so gave him that as his primary, but I was wrong. Because he's now established as a family sim, I just gave him knowledge secondary.

Skipp got an A+ report card and aged to a teenager with the Popularity aspiration.

David aged to a toddler, successfully learned all of his toddler skills, then aged to a child two days later. He aged to a child on the weekend, so he has yet to go to school and learn to study.

Brandi gave birth to her first daughter, who I called Daisy to keep up with the Dreamer's 'D' name scheme. She will be Brandi's last child, as she's nearing elderhood now. Daisy aged to a toddler three days later and I managed to get her toddler skills learned.

Some of these events happened on the same day, I just listed them specific to character.

Skipp found love on the last day of the rotation, Sunday.

When he was a child, he befriended the Oldie's children, Tiffany (their eldest; 10 (?) days until adult, will get much older when I get round to her), and Zidane (their youngest; 15 days until adult, is based on the Final Fantasy IX character, as I thought that would be funny (normal people and a JRPG protagonist). I found the hair and clothes on here, and as a fan of FFIX and Zidane's character, of course I had the Oldies adopt him). Now a teen like them, Skipp invited them both over as he's been BFFs with Zidane since they were children and friends (close to being best friends) with Tiffany since around the same time.

Upon arrival, Skipp autonomously caresses Tiffany without prompting, which shocked me. I have never seen that happen before, unless they already have a crush, which they don't. Meanwhile, Beau was trying to argue with Zidane for no reason, and I've never took Beau as that type of guy, so I don't know what's going on there. I looked in his relationship panel to see that he's in the early negatives with him. Zidane sharing that mutual dislike, but he still tries to joke with Beau...maybe that's the issue.

The Dreamer's garden was also filled with weeds, despite me hiring a gardener for them. So everyone, including the guests, had to go outside to pick them all up, because it was ridiculous. They all had burgers afterward and went to bed as the guests went home.

I had fun on that last day, as it was just chaotic. Next family in rotation is the Pleasants, which may be uneventful, but you never know with this game.

Scholar
#5560 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 5:00 PM
The Larson twins have reached Sedona, George McCarthy gave them their employment chits and the key to the Welcome Cabin. He was also happy to buy their handcrafted pottery items, but that still didn't give them anywhere near sufficient funds to buy a house, so Checo Ramirez (now a foreman, and authorized to deal with minor transactions) showed them a vacant backlot where they can build their own home over time. They will be allowed to stay in the Cabin until it's needed for a new arrival. Neither twin has managed to form any kind of romantic relationship while on the road, or even a strong friendship, so they will continue pooling their resources at least for the foreseeable future.
Scholar
#5561 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 6:50 PM
My apocalypse hood is quickly growing ridiculous, and I probably will tire of it soon, as the play is not character based and it goes very fast because I am not invested in relationships. It is still interesting to see what chaos will ensue, though. So far I've played through the Strangetown houses again. Loki and Ophelia got married and had a baby; then she mutated into a werewolf and changed Loki too, so they moved, but they could afford a very nice downtown house. Loki's son with Circe escaped to college before all of this went down.

General Buzz took in three boarders. One of them, William Williamson, missed work so he went to the pool where he got in a fight with Nervous, who has powers. Nervous cursed him with a lightning bolt and laughed at him as he died. Back at the house, another boarder was turned into a vampire. He killed General Buzz and stole most of the nice stuff in the house before fleeing. This made Klara Vonderstein the only one left and I guess now de facto leader of Strangetown since she's in the law enforcement career. Ajay also mutated into a vampire. He just married a townie named Holly and had a baby, and they all decided to go into exile together. Now Strangetown is half empty and the downtown houses are filling up.

Also, I'm trying Midge the Tree's zombie apocalypse mod, and while it is very amusing to see him attack people on community lots, Cyd Roseland is the world's worst zombie and has yet to win a fight!
Mad Poster
#5562 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 2:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Devon Aster on 29th August
Do the kids have toys to occupy them? If yes, have Billy put Peni Jo to bed and give Peregrine a bottle. He shouldn't worry about getting either to the potty. Sometimes, you have to let a thing or two slide to get back on track. Peni Jo should (hopefully) sleep through a dirty diaper and Peregrine will likely play with toys or otherwise occupy himself until he dirties his. In those precious few moments, Billy needs to grab a snack (and a shower if it bothers him enough that he's constantly complaining about it). It will take him much less time to change Peregrine's diaper, especially if he just lets it land on the floor, than try to potty train. Then he can be off for a quick nap until Peni Jo wakes up. Peregrine will be perfectly fine with toys to play with. At worst, he'll watch the sleeping Billy. (I suggest the nap before the shower, if he can stand himself enough to sleep.) When Peni Jo wakes up, he can change her diaper quickly and go right back to napping if he needs more energy. Once Billy has gained a little ground on his own needs, I highly suggest he work to get both toddlers on the same schedule, even if it means putting one in their crib when they're only half tired. They just need to be tired enough to fall asleep at the same time as the other one.
Thanks for your helpful suggestions.

For better or for worse, by the time you posted, Bill had already given up trying to manage himself, and had 'phoned to hire a nanny. But many of the things you suggested did get done, though not necessarily by Bill. Before he called the nanny, Bill did put Peni Jo to bed and he gave Peregrine a bottle. Once he had engaged a nanny, he clearly considered his duty done -- he autonomously went back to bed, and was fast asleep by the time she arrived. Glorying on the magnificent name of Heidi Ajjanagadde, she clearly considers herself one of Veronaville's finest. I posted a couple of pics of her in the picture forum here and here. Actually I have to say that Heidi did a pretty good job of looking after the kids. True, she gave them more bottles than I would have done (using the upstairs formula fridge that I had forgotten about), and she gave Peregrine a bath, when I would have put him on his potty, but, by the time she went home about half past three, she had all their motives in the green. I'm pretty sure Bill wouldn't have managed that on his own! So yes, I think we'll have her back. (Though I might still think twice about leaving her alone with the kids.)

The teens, Gerry and Glenda got home from school just after one. Glenda brought a fat boy called Jim Stout with her. He spent most of his time there on his own in the hot tub. Both Gerry and Glenda had their Fun meters bright red when they got in from school, which limited what help they might have been with the twins. (You may have seen the cri de coeur from Glenda and me in the Hacks you'd like to see thread.) Glenda did manage to clear the dirty breakfast dishes off the dining table before she and Gerry cheered themselves up with red hands and a pillow fight, so at least no one got food poisoning. Jenny returned from work at three, bringing her police colleague and next-door neighbour Manuela Moltke with her. With all the family home, and the twins needs all attended to, there was no more need for a nanny, so Heidi went home. By the time Glenda made a dinner of spaghetti, her schoolfriend Jim Stout had gone home too, but Manuela ate with the family.

It's now ten past two in the morning, and everyone except Gerry and the twins are asleep in bed. Gerry is attending to their needs a bit more effectively than his dad ever seems to manage. The family has indeed more or less succeeded in synchronising the twins' schedules, so they should both grow tired at more or less the same time. Gerry plans to give Peni Jo another bottle, and then go to bed himself, leaving them to play with their nursery toys.

I think I'll keep playing this family till the twins grow up and start school.They were born back in 2013, and I fear Peni Jo's Godmothers may be getting anxious about her lack of progress. And I'd like to see how they turn out as school-age children. We'll try to make sure they learn all their toddler skills first though. They still remain the only babies born in our Veronaville the whole time I've been playing it. (I think there may be a few more soon though. Lots of Sims bought cribs recently at the Ramirezes' furniture store.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#5563 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 3:35 AM
@AndrewGloria
I do so love your commitment to the very extended play of your sims. While I do plan on continuing my primary Hood once I get a version that still exists off an old computer stored at my in-laws (I had a computer crash and will have lost some progress), I've always played generationally.
Every time I read your posts, it's clear that you really enjoy each day of play.
Forum Resident
#5564 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 2:54 PM
In the Pleasant household, Daniel appeared to be conflicted between his feelings for Nina and his loyalty to Mary-Sue. He kept wanting to flirt and play with Nina, but at the same time, he had these wants for his wife and was even autonomously flirting and kissing her.

There was a phone call late at night, it was Angela asking if Daniel wanted to go Downtown. He accepted. They went to the Nightclub, where Angela brought Dustin with her. She told her father about her engagement to Dustin and to his credit, he made an effort to accept him. He tried to admire Dustin, but he was rejected.

They went back to the Pleasant house, where they had dinner and went home.

Mary-Sue continued to work, eventuality rolling the want to get promoted, which was fulfilled.

The youngest Pleasant child, Gabriel, got the A+ plus report card he wanted, and has a pretty good relationship with his parents.

That was all for Pleasantview that session. Mary-Sue is going to die of old age at the start of their turn on the next round, which is odd since she's younger than Daniel who is only half-way. Could be the aspiration metre score they had when they aged up. Daniel also has a fear of Mary-Sue dying, so next round of the Pleasants is going to be a sad one. Gabriel is also due to age up that same day...

Mad Poster
#5565 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 3:15 PM
Thanks for your supportive comments, Coriel_Muroz. Sometimes I think I must be the slowest player in the history of The Sims. It can take me several real days to play one Sim day! If you'd like to read more about the birth of Peni Jo and Peregrine, there's a whole thread about them here.

Playing so slowly with aging off means I miss out on watching how the genetics develop through the generations, but it lets me spend a lot of time with individual Sims and get to know them well. And I find that, the better you get to know a Sim, the more interesting they become. There's real depth to their characters -- like real people.

The McBains are really a lovely family, albeit, like all Sims, a bit idiosyncratic and eccentric. Glenda and Gerry are, I think, the most childlike teens in my game. There is something delightfully trusting and naïve about them, and I always feel more protective towards them than to other teens. It was at least in part for their sake that I put in Squinge's No More Fires mod, since they were the only Sims in my game who ever really mothed a fire. They were absolutely fascinated by the fire that their neighbour Martin Moltke started in their kitchen, and I had to drag them away to let Steffi Trottier the firefighter get at it to put it out. (Martin, who started it, calmly walked out of the kitchen and stood waiting at a safe distance for the fire brigade to arrive and extinguish it.) Both Glenda and Gerry are in relationships, which sometimes causes me to worry about them getting hurt, but I think I can trust their respective partners, Jamie Siddons and Miranda Capp, to be gentle with them. I know Miranda is Romance, but she seen to me to actually be the most considerate member of the entire Capp family.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Scholar
#5566 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 6:15 PM
While I'm rethinking the rules for my apocalypse hood, I went back to Pleasantview for a bit more "realistic" play.

Beau Broke graduated from college with a 4.0 GPA. He has given up his pleasure-seeking ways and now is all about the money, honey. He and Allegra parted on very good terms, but he has sights set on marrying up. He rented a little one-bedroom house.

Bobby Broke applied himself and got two scholarships. He told his high school girlfriend that since he was heading off to college, they should just be friends, so I aged her up to adult. Once he moved out, there was room in the trailer for the twins Brandi and Sharla plan to adopt, but still not enough money. Sharla took a job in politics, not her preferred career, but she needed something. Brandi is about to have a birthday, and that worries Sharla, but Brandi assured her she has just as much energy for raising kids now as she did when she was a teen mom. Brandi really wanted to befriend David, and now he hangs out at their trailer almost every night.

Darren and Cassandra had their baby, Caleb. Some issues are arising with their adopted kids. Kaden's grades are slipping and his thoughts are often on his biological family. He got a wormrat named Fighter in the hopes that would help, but he never wants to do his homework. Ashlyn is doing well in school, and while she's on good terms with both her adopted parents, she's not best friends with them (I don't think she's even friends with Cassandra, even though their relationship score is very high). She also thinks about her biological parents a lot. To me, this signals that she is daydreaming about living with her "real" parents and she may move out once she meets them as a teen. My dilemma is: do I bring back Kaylynn or Daniel, or does Daniel go back to Kaylynn? Which has the potential for the most drama?
Scholar
#5567 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 8:20 PM
Gilbert Jacquet was trudging dejectedly along the Highway, wondering why he even bothered since his life obviously wasn't going anywhere but down the drain, when something up ahead made him do a double take. That hat . . . He squinted into the distance. Yes, it was Mr Goodie, and Mrs Goodie beside him in her old-fashioned skirt. Gilbert picked up the pace and closed the distance between them. He didn't really know Mrs Goodie except by sight, but she was so kind, commiserating with him about his mum. She was a good cook, too - it was almost like having a mum again! So Gilbert is now traveling with the Goodies. I'm afraid he will probably be 'orphaned' again before he gets to Sedona, but at least for now he has company.

The Ramaswamis were just setting up camp for the night when an obviously elderly black cat came dashing up to Priya, meowing frantically. She petted it and put some food down for it, and it settled down as if it belonged. A little while later, a small dog joined them, cleaned out the food bowl and proceeded to play happily with the cat. Sanjay and Priya have decided to keep them both. The dog is Scout and the cat, I think, is Noodle. Then in the wee small hours of the morning, Priya went into labour and gave birth to a boy they've named Ajay.

The Gavigans had stayed on at Lost Springs because Mary was having a difficult pregnancy, and their little daughter, Maria, was born at almost exactly the same time as Ajay. They had to shift their sofa out onto the balcony to make room, but they've managed to fit all four of them into the bedsit. They'll stay one more day before they hit the road, to give Mary time to recover.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5568 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:43 PM
Two of my sims went to Lacuna Delta chapel (denomination- Plumbbob of praise) today to get married.

Thankfully the clown was leaving as they got there!

The ceremony was lovely, Marky Sharky was overcome with emotion-

There's nothing to eat at the chapel though so everyone headed to Bartoli's restaurant after. Will Wright decided to leave before everyone was in through the door!

Bartoli's is very exclusive, they don't just let anyone in there. Well, they do, but you have to change into posh clothes.

That sim (now in her formal dress) stared at them whilst they ate their wedding breakfast of Mac 'n' cheese and Filet mignon.

So did this guy, but you can tell he made an effort with his outfit.

Bartoli's is renowned for its green cake.

At least the happy couple looked like they were enjoying things!

Forum Resident
#5569 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 9:49 PM
Well either I set up my risky woohoo mod incorrectly, had very bad luck, or something something, but now India (Bottom) Summerdream is also pregnant at uni. Luckily the main teens have just graduated so her house is currently relatively empty, but good luck to future me trying to do uni and pregnant sims, potentially even babies at the same time. It'll be hell. At least this gave me a perfect reason to make my fave ship of Hal and India canon and have them get married after uni.

In other news, Viola (Beatrice) Monty started hitting on Tybalt at a party. I'm going with a headcanon that he doesn't actually realize she's a Monty, so that there can be a lot of drama before the wedding. Though I do feel a bit weird about them, considering Tybalt was a teen and Viola a child when the game began, and can't really decide whether the "they're sims, why'd you expect anything to make real-life sense" excuse is applicable here...
Scholar
#5570 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 8:22 PM
I'm setting up Strangetown again for an apocalypse scenario with tighter rules so not everyone mutates. Just playing through the initial scenarios and setting up the households. I moved Erin Beaker into the Beaker house because they have an extra bedroom and it makes sense. She's trying to make friends with Nervous when he drops dead. I think he ate out of the trashcan at the Curious house while I was getting Vidcund abducted and Pascal's baby born, and I have realistic sickness in, so there you go. Anyway, that provided a nice scenario for Olive to get the bone phone and resurrect him. She is a witch with power over life and death, after all, and now Nervous can live with her and be immortal (i.e., not played unless needed). They are my wildcards who may dole out curses and resurrections--haven't quite figured out how I want to play that.

I think this time I'm going to make mutations rare and genetically inherited. The Ramaswamis are vampires, but they're just mainly intended to be nighttime visitors to community lots. I always hate playing them but put them in the game because someone inevitably brings them home from work; this kind of solves that problem because they should always flee if brought home. I'm not going to play them unless I can think of something to do with them, and I just don't want that many vampires to have to manage. Priya makes a very nice looking vampire, I have to say.

The Ottomases are going to be the werewolf clan, which should make playing them even more chaotic than usual. Their mission is to battle zombies. I sent the Beakers to a couple of community lots to see if the zombies would show up, and Cyd the zombie managed to turn one townie into a zombie, and then she later turned another townie into a zombie, so it is happening.
Mad Poster
#5571 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 12:20 AM
Peni Jo and Peregrine both took their first steps today, both with the help of their dad Bill McBain. Bill (Pleasure) used to constantly want to stay home from work. So I gave him his wish. I let him stay home permanently and look after the toddlers.. His wife Jenny (Family) became the only breadwinner in the house. I think Bill sometimes thinks now that going to work was much easier than looking after toddlers!

I cheered and said, "Yess!" when Peni Jo took her first faltering wobbly steps. When Peregrine took his about an hour later I clapped. Then I started to cry. It's so easy to get emotional about my Sims! The McBain twins really are starting to grow up.:lovestruc

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#5572 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 2:09 PM
@Simsample -Great update!I siwtiched to using print screen and saving my pictures with Paint because my game is always loaded in Windowed mode and that way works best because I don't have to go on a search for my pictures like I did the other way because they'd save in the wrong order.

Dodge got a new room construction started at the service center.
Screenshots
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5573 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 5:41 PM
@TadOlson That looks interesting! What is the service center exactly?

I've been having Bot troubles again today (troubles for the sims, hilarity for me! ) Most of the sims in Lacuna D have bots, because Sherman Boggle has robotics and electronics shops, and he's pretty good at selling. Alvin Chip has a cleanbot, and as today was his retirement party he turned it on after the party, before he went to bed. But... the cleanbot went wrong!

This is what it looked like when he came downstairs, slightly hung over...

Poor Alvin! It took him most of the first day of his retirement to clear it all up.

Later, at Sherman Boggle's house... A hydrobot malfunctioned in a tiny room, and the cleanbot that was next to it managed to successfully chase it around, mopping up the water, for a while...

But then the cleanbot broke too, so the two of them danced around each other, vying for the last available squares of floor to cough up their contents on to. Pretty soon they ran out of floor space and managed to escape the room, and I was so busy laughing at them that I didn't notice the Grim Reaper coming for Sherman in the next room.  He was old, but I needed him to fix the bots, dammit!

Eventually I got his protégé, Ann Droid, to fix the bots. Sherman went to the Restless Eternity grave yard.
Scholar
#5574 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 7:10 PM Last edited by sturlington : 5th Sep 2020 at 9:27 PM.
Played a little of my zombie apocalypse hood. Ajay Loner was feeling lonely so he greeted Margaret as she shuffled by his house. She immediately attacked him. Bad idea, Ajay! All of the zombies are diseased, so they pose a double risk to anyone who encounters them.

It's just General Buzz and Buck in the house now that Tank and Ripp have both moved out to university. It was Saturday, so they went to the pool. Newly zombified Ajay was there, and Buzz even had a nice chat with him. Right after that, Ajay attacked Chloe Curious and zombified her. Then he attacked Buzz, but Buzz's 10 body points served him well--he defeated and killed Ajay, but Chloe was still shuffling around. Buzz and Buck ran for the truck and got out of there before there were any more attacks. Now Buzz is on the alert and has been on the phone trying to find out what is happening. He talked to Samantha Ottomas, who filled him in on who her family were and their mission to hunt zombies.

I then played the Ottomases for a while to get the babies born and see how they did as a werewolf clan. I think it's actually slightly less chaotic than usual, as all of the adults and teens are up all night and so have plenty of time to clean things up and keep on top of the kids' needs. David and Peter went out hunting every night but didn't find any zombies. A lot of the ladies in town were quite impressed with Peter's werewolf physique, so not a total loss for him.

Update: Took Peter and David out for one more night of zombie hunting. They bagged themselves a zombie each, both former townies.
Forum Resident
#5575 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 9:43 PM
Ariel Capp is officially the most unlucky sim in Veronaville. Not only did her sister die after a fire she (accidentally) caused, she also (probably because of this trauma) failed high school, got fired for low grades, didn't get to go to university (good thing I didn't lock that want in for Goneril), can only work as a construction worker, and even got electrocuted and died one day. Goneril managed to defeat the Grim Reaper, so she's still alive, but she's been sick for the entire round. Hell, even I'm starting to feel bad for her, and I NEVER do that when my sims are miserable. Maybe it's because these are all things I didn't arrange and actually happened randomly, but still. At least this solves the problem with who'll remain in Goneril's house.
Page 223 of 351