Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Top Secret Researcher
#276 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 12:51 AM
Most BaCC's I follow have adopted the 10% rule, actually, maybe I should have too. (Lots of BaCC players here also.) 5% basically means no university for the best part of the challenge My city is in its 5th week and has gathered 230.000§ only.

I do have one family of millionaires, but I don't really like the idea of a private uni with 50.000§ going to the founder's bank account for each new student, so for now I have no uni.

But yeah, forking out 10% must be difficult sometimes. It is IRL :D
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#277 Old 5th Sep 2016 at 1:31 PM Last edited by lukas11xxf : 5th Sep 2016 at 1:57 PM.
Right now (last time - will be continuing in a sense) a single female sim adopting the chilldren that were put up in a adoption (for storytelling - taken by a social worker). Right now she has these three children and later the next the day an alien infant will be on their way:

For the sake of storyline and to prevent the family from going apart, I had to invite nanny to take care the kids while their mom sim is off to work.

Later on, she will be working as a cloths maker and cashier.

I'll try to hook her a male to be her husband, which I prefer the guy below (before she could speak to him, who is her colleague friend, he already jumped in a love hot tub, lol):

Test Subject
#278 Old 8th Sep 2016 at 12:06 PM
Any good ideas to keep each household/sim more interesting? I took a wee break after finishing another cycle of rotations, and while I'm excited to go back into it, I do get the feeling that as I progress through it will start feeling like a grind. I've started semi-randomising aspirations and marriage partners (based on attraction), but once I get out of the 30 playables range and into the 100+ I'll probably want a way to get passionate for more than half a dozen households.

Basically I'm asking for anything cool to do. Maybe share a fun household idea or some good sub-challenges?
Lab Assistant
#279 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 10:48 AM Last edited by lukas11xxf : 10th Sep 2016 at 10:44 AM. Reason: Changed the text to its source
I have a sub-challenge you could try out...

http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=582854
Top Secret Researcher
#280 Old 9th Sep 2016 at 8:57 PM Last edited by Lili975 : 9th Sep 2016 at 9:43 PM.
I added an ISBI to my BaCC, and an OWBC, but really what's keeping it interesting for me (besides the unlocking stuff which is goal of the challenge, of course) is the owned businesses aspect. Building a lot of various businesses means many different ways to decorate and to play them, with various ambitions. I mean some are real cash machines, other don't really earn much but add a lot to the city, and to the fun. I have traditional businesses like the grocery of clothes shop, but also some less traditional like one that sells the munchie bot's food, or a museum of sorts where my founder exposes the satellite that killed her :p

You also have the weekly mini-challenges or the ROS you can roll for each household's new week.
And Voleste made this one specially for BaCC's, but I haven't tested it yet:
http://voleste.tumblr.com/post/147839841943
Lab Assistant
#281 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:03 PM
Math confusion yet again. All I get is from 326 to 32,6 (using calculator). Do I take the 6 out of 326 simoleans, which leaves me to having 320§? Commas are confusing to me :p
Top Secret Researcher
#282 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 8:12 PM
You could round things up/down if you don't want to deal with commas, 326 =>330
321=>320

Or 32,6 ==> 33

(The second is what I do. My last household had a result of 5484,45 (5% of 109 689), they paid 5484.)

I guess whatever you decide, and stick to it, works.
Lab Assistant
#283 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 4:36 AM
Just started round 7 of my BACC. I'm up to 44 households (University is every 7 households and I do a retirement center for 2 or 3 days every 8 households) and 17 universities. I was so bored by the end of Round 6 (finished it yesterday), I started adding in challenges. So far, I have the 100 Days Challenge, a Random Legacy, a Queen Bee and a Trailer Park Challenge. Round 7 will probably add the Xenophilia challenge, ISBI, Asylum and possibly a 100 baby challenge, cheesecake edition. I'm sure I'll find other things to do besides the ROS rolls and Mini Challenge lists.

90% of my town is pregnant and Round 7 is going to have another major population explosion. Example: Round 5, I had 18 households. Round 6, I had 30.
Lab Assistant
#284 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 11:55 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
321=>320

Or 32,6 ==> 33

(The second is what I do. My last household had a result of 5484,45 (5% of 109 689), they paid 5484.)

That's it. A challenge means fun, if you don't have fun, it's useless, so if you need to adjust the rules to the way you like to play, do it. Personnally, I always cut before the coma, like we do IRL in France. We always pay the lowest number, we don't count the cents. So my Sims pay this way.

My advice is always choose a way to do something when you are not sure about the rules, and then, continue this way. There is no perfect way to play, and no perfect rules ! Have fun !

I share my CC here !
Lab Assistant
#285 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lili975
321=>320

Or 32,6 ==> 33

I was actually asking how to get 10% of 326§, not how to round it. Ok, now I'm pretty sure I done it right, but for clarification: do I take out 26 from 326§?

Argghh, Why I have hard time wrapping my head on percentages and stuff
Lab Assistant
#286 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lukas11xxf
I was actually asking how to get 10% of 326§, not how to round it. Ok, now I'm pretty sure I done it right, but for clarification: do I take out 26 from 326§?

Nope, it's 32 (or 33).
Simply delete the last number.
Delete the last number of 100 and you get 10. Delete the last number of 326 and you get 32. Delete the last number og 1234567 and you get 123456. It's easy.

I share my CC here !
Lab Assistant
#287 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
Yes. The trick I use for 10% is to just move the decimal over. So 10% 2,290.00 is 290.

Did you meant to say at the end 229? Not sure If that is a typo or not, but what you wrote confuses my head off. I have a feeling either you can have just corrected my mistake without acknowledging it
Lab Assistant
#288 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
Nope, it's 32 (or 33).
Simply delete the last number.
Delete the last number of 100 and you get 10. Delete the last number of 326 and you get 32. Delete the last number og 1234567 and you get 123456. It's easy.

Oh ok. the last number (aka. after comma) is used to round the whole number? I think I got it now :D

Damn, I feel like rn in whatever grade (probably 6th) where we started to count in percentages, lol.
Lab Assistant
#289 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:40 PM
Oh ok. the last number (aka. after comma) is used to round the whole number? I think I got it now :D

Damn, I feel like rn in whatever grade (probably 6th) where we started to count in percentages, lol.

Yes.
10% Of 326 = 32,6. You can round at 33. Then 326 - 33 = what is left to your family.

I share my CC here !
Lab Assistant
#290 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 2:48 PM
Did you meant to say at the end 229? Not sure If that is a typo or not, but what you wrote confuses my head off. I have a feeling either you can have just corrected my mistake without acknowledging it

In some countries, 2000 is written 2,000.
They use . instead of , for the decimals.
So 2,290.00 means 2290,00 = 2290. Maybe this is helping.

I share my CC here !
Lab Assistant
#291 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xmathyx
In some countries, 2000 is written 2,000.
They use . instead of , for the decimals.
So 2,290.00 means 2290,00 = 2290. Maybe this is helping.

I had a thought that decimals are probably used differently in every region/country. The Game does follow the same comma placement (eg. 1,000).
Test Subject
#292 Old 30th Sep 2016 at 3:44 PM Last edited by geekrockergal : 2nd Oct 2016 at 9:36 AM.
Hi all, I really enjoyed playing this in the sims 2 but stopped, I tried playing in the sims 3 and the sims 4 but it wasnt as fun, so I re-installed the sims 2 and am going to attempt this challenge again

So my first 2 weeks have been interesting:
I made my founder Dom who soon fell in love with Marsia, they had a son named Kyle, Marisa moved in her friends Komei and Sandy and the two quickly fell in love, Komei died in a fire and due to Maria rejecting Doms proposal got her evicted and Dom is now in love with Andrea who is currently living with Dom and Sandy.

Households: 1
Sims: 5
Fire: 1
Death: 1
SM:0
Careers unlocked:
Athletic

In my 3rd week
Bendett:
Marisa fell for Amin, Amin proposed and the two got married, Marisa then had Doms second kid Jacob and Amin took the son as his own.

Ben and Jan moved in, the pair disliked each other and Jan moved out

Kola Family
Sandy had twins and moved out.
Kyle grew into a child and Marisa came to collect Kyle and ended up giving birth in her ex boyfriends house amd moved back in with Amin
Andrea had a daughter called Jen then the ghost of Komie scared her to death
Dom fell in love with Ivy

Households: 2
Sims: 7
Tax: $27,937
Fire: 1
Death: 2
Careers unlocked:

In my 4th week:
Tellerman:
Jan became friends with Ken and he moved in along with Brandi, Brandi invited Ben over from next door and as Jan and Ken were flirting, Ben ended the relationship with Jan, Brandi and Ben fell in love and Ben moved in, as things werent going will with Ken, Jan went a few dates with Neil, Brandi and Ben had a son named Jake.

Bendett:

Kola:

Households: 3
Sims:
Tax:
Fire:
Death:
Careers unlocked:
Lab Assistant
#293 Old 3rd Oct 2016 at 10:58 PM
My ROS roll this time gave me a Mega Disaster . I have 44 households and had to roll a dice for each one.

I'm starting to think that this might be a good time to start culling some unneeded sims. LOL
Field Researcher
#294 Old 5th Oct 2016 at 10:35 PM
Ok, I ran into a problem here... I must move out my Sim and play her according to the poverty challenge. Problem is, the link is broken. Could you help me, @iCad ?
Lab Assistant
#295 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 12:27 AM Last edited by lukas11xxf : 20th Nov 2016 at 10:21 PM.
Here's my tweak/modifcation that fits well with my though out challenge.

"You start the game with a founder following the BACC challenge rules. All objects - except the refrigerator, end table and with a telephone on top, and an object that produces objects/money (easel, robot crafting station ect.) - in buy mode are locked for him/her and it's descendants until you manage to unlock all of them by completing certain tasks. Build mode objects and tools are also locked except for garden and terrain. Community lots aren't restricted by this rule.

Once your founder/heir gives birth or adops a baby, you can buy and place down a crib and keep it as long as the baby up to child stage stays in with the household. If all of the adult/teen/elder sims from the household have gold aspiration bar right before and after the baby transitions to toddlers: they gets 'rewarded' with potty chair, baby stool and changing table. If platinum aspiration instead - all toddler-toy objects and equitment get unlocked. If a toddler that transition to child with platinum AB, he gets rewarded with toys and regardless of what the aspiration bar it is. Once the child grows up again, delete the bed unless there is another playable child in the lot.

You must delete all the objects at once that don't give any use anymore after growing up.

==Outsiders==
Sims that are earned to be created in CAS, are classified as 'outsiders'. With this created and establish in a new lot, you then can freely create a unowned community, but pretend that it is one (see below), regardless if it's affordable or not.

[Lots that are establish this way, you may act as if it was owned community lot. I'm gonna use the term 'outsider's lot' to refer it easily as an pronoun. Outsider's lot basically don't differ from unowned lots, but what they do is unlock the objects based of what it suppose to, which is why it is similar to an owned lot. Creating/Plotting these lots down however doesn't earn you 'cas points']

==Unlocking Stuff==

1. You can unlock specific objects in buy mode by placing them down in the respective store type (e.g. you can't have a tv business in a plumbing shop). And when I say specific objects, I mean objects that are exactly the same based of the brand, so no buying the cheapest bed out from the buy mode when in your neighborhood all stores sell expensive beds. Type of stores:
  • Furniture: anything that goes under surfaces and comfort category (except the Show My Ride display object), dressers, mirrows and bar objects.
  • Plumbing: anything that goes under plumbing category.
  • Lightning: anything that goes under plumbing.
  • Deco/souvenirs: sculptures, wall hangings, rugs, curtains and misc.
  • Call Dealership: Cars and on top of Show My Ride display objects.
  • Misc: stuff that isn't included above and neither the other lists.
2. The Following type of stores that can have up to more than one, maximum to 8, stores that are in this list. I'll use the term all for this, because If you're creative enough you can make bunch of boxed-form stores with each listed store said below:
  • Toy-store: self-explanatory.
  • Electronics: anything under electronics, appliances category except for bbq and trash compactor objects.
  • Flower: plants.
  • Recreation: anything under recreation, miscellaneous and sub-category, telescope object.
  • Sport Goods: exercise category.
  • Bookstore: bookselves.
  • Clothes Store: self-explanatory.
  • Grocery Store: self-explanatory.
  • Party: anything under Party Subcategory.

3. Objects that can be place in any type of store, regardless what items it sells on; crib, potty toilet, baby stool and changing table.

4. Roofing, wall covering, flooring, doors, arches windows: when somebody reaches Head of Construction Company career track (Architecture career). Foundation, stairs, railling, fence and gates ~ Draftsman. Awnings and columns ~ Architect. Elevators ~ Master Architect. Swimming pools, fireplace ~ City Planner.

If you don't have Freetime (and IF only), then have a sim reach the same exact career level in Business jobs (Junior Executive >> Senior Manager >> Vice President >> CEO >> Business Tychoon).

My changes/additions to Build-a-City Challenge.
  • [s]You can only adopt a sim/pet respectively per when they get taken away by the social worker, officer or are put volunteerely up for an adoption[/s
  • Pizza and Chinese is unlocked once you have restaurant lot established. If you don't have Open for Business and NightLife installed, just set up a 'restaurant' system by placing down bunch of tables with chairs or island counters with bar stools, and one fridge and stove.
  • Nannies are unlocked once one of the households (only if there is two situated in the town) has an adult and a child/baby/toddler. With Freetime Installed, one member of that household must have Parenting Life skills (for those who don't know, it's a skill that can be learned by using the interaction from the bookcase)
  • Butler is locked until one of the sim maxes out cooking and mechanical skill; maid - cleaning.
  • If Seasons is installed, you can hire the gardener if one of the two or more households have at least one member in them with a Gold Gardening Badge. If not installed - you must wait until the population reaches 500.
  • Culinary: A position opens per each Tempest CookTop. If you don't have Open for Business and NightLife installed - place a stove and a refrigerator instead.
  • Gamer: In order for a Sim to enter the Gamer career, they must personally gain membership to Games of Glory lot (by reaching level 5 enthusiasm of games hobby) or own at least one of each of the following: an expensive computer, a video game console, a pinball machine, and an arcade game. There can be unlimited Gamers, if you want, but each must personally own all of the above equipment or unlock the hobby lot. The career is never unlocked.
^ By keeping the requirement of having a certain population as an additional demand to unlock the relative services makes it more fun and challenging probably.

ETA: On second thought, the born/adopted sims get to keep the bed with selves through their life time. The Cheapest bed is unlocked during from their child stage and crib in their baby/toddler age, but it gets locked down after becoming a teen which means you can buy it back once it gets taken away by repo or stolen by a burglar. Additionally, you can one lot at the start the game despite not establishing one by the rules, which can only a shower/tub in it. In there, only children and teen's can use it, for the sake of allowing them to do homework to improve their grades.

ETA2: You can't also purchase/build a commercial, community lotfrom the get go - at least two households must be situated in the town ir order to do so.

ETA3: Discard the adoption rule.

What do you think? I originally intented that at the start you are only allowed to have the fridge and telephone with end table, but without the produce-item object. Thought imo combounding it to BACC (or even by itself) would be quite boring gameplay due to how long it takes to get any progress with the hardcore (that's how I named my) challenge.
Lab Assistant
#296 Old 20th Nov 2016 at 12:31 AM
Here's my tweak/modifcation that fits well with my though out challenge.

"You start the game with a founder following the BACC challenge rules. All objects - except the refrigerator, end table and with a telephone on top, and an object that produces objects/money (easel, robot crafting station ect.) - in buy mode are locked for him/her and it's descendants until you manage to unlock all of them by completing certain tasks. Build mode objects and tools are also locked except for garden and terrain. Community lots aren't restricted by this rule.

Once your founder/heir gives birth or adops a baby, you can buy and place down a crib and keep it as long as the baby up to child stage stays in with the household. If all of the adult/teen/elder sims from the household have platimum aspiration bar right before and after the baby transitions to toddlers: they gets 'rewarded' with potty chair, baby stool and changing table. If Gold aspiration instead - all objects are unlocked. If a toddler that transition to child with platimum AB, he gets rewarded with toys and regardless of what the aspiration bar it is. Once the child grows up again, delete the bed unless there is another playable child in the lot.

You must delete all the objects at once that don't give any use anymore after growing up.

==Outsiders==
Sims that are earned to be created in CAS, are classified as 'outsiders'. With this created and establish in a new lot, you then can freely create a unowned community, but pretend that it is one (see below), regardless if it’s affordable or not.

[Lots that are establish this way, you may act as if it was owned community lot. I’m gonna use the term ‘outsider’s lot’ to refer it easily as an pronoun. Outsider’s lot basically don’t differ from unowned lots, but what they do is unlock the objects based of what it suppose to, which is why it is similar to an owned lot. Creating/Plotting these lot however doesn’t earn you “cas points”]

==Unlocking Stuff==

1. You can unlock specific objects in buy mode by placing them down in the respective store type (e.g. you can’t have a tv business in a plumbing shop). And when I say specific objects, I mean objects that are exactly the same based of the brand, so no buying the cheapest bed out from the buy mode when in your neighborhood all stores sell expensive beds. Type of stores:[list][*]Furniture: anything that goes under surfaces and comfort category (except the Show My Ride display object), dressers, mirrows and bar objects.[*]Plumbing: anything that goes under plumbing category.[*]Lightning: anything that goes under plumbing.[*]Deco/souvenirs: sculptures, wall hangings, rugs, curtains and misc.[*]Call Dealership: Cars and on top of Show My Ride display objects.[*]Misc: stuff that isn’t included above and neither the other lists.
2. The Following type of stores that can have up to more than one, maximum to 8, stores that are in this list. I’ll use the term all for this, because If you’re creative enough you can make bunch of boxed-form stores with each listed store said below:[list][*]Toy-store: self-explanatory[*]Electronics: anything under electronics, appliances category except for bbq and trash compactor objects.[*]Flower: plants.[*]Recreation: anything under recreation, miscellaneous and sub-category, telescope object.[*]Sport Goods: exercise category.[*]Bookstore: bookselves.[*]Clothes Store: self-explanatory.[*]Grocery Store: self-explanatory[*]Party: anything under Party Subcategory[/i]

3. Objects that can be place in any type of store, regardless what items it sells on; crib, potty toilet, baby stool and changing table.

4. Roofing, wall covering, flooring, doors, arches windows: when somebody reaches Head of Construction Company career track. Foundation, stairs, railling, fence and gates ~ Draftsman. Awnings and columns

My changes/additions to Build-a-City Challenge.
  • You can only adopt a sim/pet respectively per when they get taken away by the social worker, officer or are put volunteerely up for an adoption
  • Pizza and Chinese is unlocked once you have restaurant lot established. If you don’t have Open for Business and NightLife installed, just set up a “restaurant” system by placing down bunch of tables with chairs or island counters with bar stools, and one fridge and stove.
  • Nannies are unlocked once one of the households (only if there is two situated in the town) has an adult and a child/baby/toddler. With Freetime Installed, one member of that household must have Parenting Life skills (for those who don’t know, it’s a skill that can be learned by using the interaction from the bookcase)
  • Butler is locked until one of the sim maxes out cooking and mechanical skill; maid - cleaning.
  • If Seasons is installed, you can hire the gardener if one of the two or more households have at least one member in them with a Gold Gardening Badge. If not installed - you must wait until the population reaches 500.
  • Culinary: A position opens per each Tempest CookTop. If you don’t have Open for Business and NightLife installed - place a stove and a refrigerator instead.
  • Gamer: In order for a Sim to enter the Gamer career, they must personally gain membership to Games of Glory lot (by reaching level 5 enthusiasm of games hobby) or own at least one of each of the following: an expensive computer, a video game console, a pinball machine, and an arcade game. There can be unlimited Gamers, if you want, but each must personally own all of the above equipment or unlock the hobby lot. The career is never unlocked.
"
^ By keeping the requirement of having a certain population as an additional demand to unlock the relative services makes it more fun and challenging probably.

What do you think? I originally intented that at the start you are only allowed to have the fridge and telephone with end table, but without the produce-item object. Thought imo combounding it to BACC (or even by itself) would be quite boring gameplay due to how long it takes to get any progress with the hardcore (that's how I named my) challenge.

Lol, don't what happen there. Somehow it didn't recognized ' symbol. Gonna fix it now.
Test Subject
#297 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 6:14 PM
Hi all,

quick question: To unlock a slot in the Architecture career has there got to be 10 lots (built res / cl) PLUS an neighborhood addition so if I dont have any neighborhood addition but I have 15 lots a position doesnt get unlocked but if I have 20 lots and 2 neighborhood addition 2 positions get unlocked is that correct?
Lab Assistant
#298 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 6:26 PM
You have to have 10 lots in total of either community or residential or in combination (e.g. 4 residential + 6 community) in total. To attach a sub-neighborhoods isn't a requirement, but what's important is to have the 10 lots only in the main neighborhood.

Haven't the read the rules for a while, so I'm not sure whenever the general rules apply in the business districts and downtown neighborhoods as well. I would asume if you have sims live there and are planned to become architectures, you would have to fill in and make sure that the 10 lots are situated in that specific sub-neighborhood.
Test Subject
#299 Old 21st Nov 2016 at 9:29 PM
cool thanks
Test Subject
#300 Old 22nd Nov 2016 at 7:51 AM Last edited by geekrockergal : 22nd Nov 2016 at 8:04 AM.
YAY I have enough for a university (only because I half all the money in the household rather than doing the 5% tax for simplicity, still took a while now I need to see who is edible for uni )
Page 12 of 15