Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#151 Old 28th May 2006 at 12:15 PM
i'm new with SimPE i don't really know how to clone... help please???
Advertisement
Part-time Hermit
#152 Old 28th May 2006 at 12:21 PM
iloveuki, have you gone through this tutorial or the many other ones in the tutorial section? They will explain to you how to clone and object.
Test Subject
#153 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 9:15 PM
when u say ''toolbar'' what do u mean
Test Subject
#154 Old 14th Jun 2006 at 3:38 PM
oh i know now lol
Test Subject
#155 Old 15th Jun 2006 at 4:33 PM
Uh my SimPE doesn't show up the way yours does. Instead of having the menu with the grouped objects, object listing, and load object it's just a screen and it says what the price is and stuff. Any suggestions to how I could do anything with this?
Test Subject
#156 Old 17th Jun 2006 at 8:02 PM
hey where do you find the end table folder? do you create it or is it found some where? You can tell im new but i just wanted to see if i could try this out!
Test Subject
#157 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 4:29 PM
Default I've got a prob..
Brilliant mod_bv, I'm a newbie in modding. I followd your tutorial step by step carefully. But I'm not sure wheather there was any mistake I made since my SimPE is 0.58, which is different from yours. There're several differences in the interfaces of these two versions, some checkboxes, etc. When I lauched The Sims 2, I was told that my package was incompatible. Though I chose to open the package despite the disappointing notice, I couldn't find my modded cornerStone end table in the game -__-

What should I do?
Part-time Hermit
#158 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:01 PM
pellucid, do you have custom content enabled in the game? If not, you will have to enable it, then exit the game and restart it for custom content to show up. I've never heard of the game announcing incompatible objects, sounds like what you got was the custom content dialog that will list all objects as potentially incompatible, even if they aren't.
Test Subject
#159 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:44 PM
Your reply is appreciated, IgnorantBliss.
I don't know there is an option to enable custom content. And most of the objects I downloaded works well. Maybe I didn't express myself clearly, but my game isn't an English version, so I don't know how is the error described in English version. The hint occurs when the game was loaded (not loading or before loading ) and before I choose a community to enter. It tells me that there is a problem with my content and which the suspected file(s) is(are). And it gives me two choices: cancel the bad content, or enable it anyway. In fact the suspected content worked when I choose neither to cancel it nor to enable it. The error disappears when I remove the ill xxx.package file from download folder.
Part-time Hermit
#160 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:47 PM
Try posting the package here as an attachment and someone can take a look.
Test Subject
#161 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 5:52 PM
Here it is
Attached files:
File Type: rar  ill_endtable.rar (7.1 KB, 12 downloads)
Part-time Hermit
#162 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:01 PM
You have cloned an end table that is a "slave" to another object, and there are no textures or materials in the package (this shouldn't still make it incompatible, though). I'd recommend using the Crazy 8 end table as a base instead.

There is an up-to-date version of JWoods' object tutorial available (another sticky in the tutorial section) that is available for Wings 3D, as well. That might be easier to follow for a beginner since the SimPE version used in that is very close to 0.58 in its look.
Test Subject
#163 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:12 PM
Appreciate you again, IgnorantBliss. I'm going to try the Crazy 8 end table immediately. And I'll read JWoods' tutorial and all the posts in it's thread soon.
Test Subject
#164 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 6:48 PM
You're genius, IgnorantBliss! Following your advice, I succeeded in creating my first object! so happy!

By the way, I want to know what does GUID mean and how much attention should I pay to this parameter. And how can I find wheather an object is a "slave" to another one or not?
If these questions are boring, I'll try to find the answer in posts of existed.

THANK YOU !
Part-time Hermit
#165 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 8:11 PM
A GUID is a sort of a unique ID number that must be different for each object. It's very important to register a new GUID for each GUID in a cloned object to avoid conflicts with other objects and to make sure the recolors work.

The CEP thread has a list of all the Maxis objects (the file called "documentation") that mentions if an object is a slave.
Test Subject
#166 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 4:35 AM
Your guideline is valuable for me. I'll learn on it!
#167 Old 23rd Jun 2006 at 8:33 AM
I don't find the plugin view

Cholmondely-Marjoribanks
Part-time Hermit
#168 Old 24th Jun 2006 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cholmondely-Marjoribanks
I don't find the plugin view

At the bottom of the SimPE window you should see a tab called Plugin. If it's not there, go to the Window menu on top and select Plugin View from there, and now it should appear at the bottom.
Test Subject
#169 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 11:52 AM
First of all, thanks a lot!! Its really great.

Second, my end table turned out as a block of wood, I think I did it wrong...so I will be trying again. But, I was wondering how do you edit the actual look of the end table? If I wanted to change say, the leg shape, can I use Wings to do this?
The ModFather
retired moderator
#170 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 12:23 PM
Rock, it's not your fault: the tutorial, obviously, is simplified... Following exactly the tutorial you can only create a block of wood, just like yours.

You can modify the mesh at will, using Wings3D; but no one can create a tutorial that explains how to create every possible shape; so, the only way to learn is experimenting by yourself.

Anyway, if you read the Wings version of this tutorial, you will find the instructions to create a dining table. It will be a good start, at least...

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#171 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:11 PM Last edited by IgnorantBliss : 28th Jun 2006 at 1:44 PM. Reason: edited to combine posts
Thank you!!

I will take a look and see what I come up with.

I just want to think the creator of this TUT, and also MTS2 for its great infomation!! Your all very helpful.

I can't open those files with the program I have. I use Openoffice, and it seems I cant get the files to load, only random letters and numbers appear.

Do you know of a way of opening these text files?
Part-time Hermit
#172 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 1:47 PM
RockSteadyDude, if you're talking about opening the other tutorial, the JWoods one, you need to first extract the rar file with WinRAR or similar, and then you need a PDF viewer to view the tutorial. Open Office does not have a PDF viewer, but Foxit software PDF viewer is free, and so is the Adobe Acrobat Reader.
Inventor
Original Poster
#173 Old 30th Jun 2006 at 9:33 PM
Yes, when I started this tutorial I hadn't realized that the end table I was cloning was a slave. I realized that when I started Part 2.
Test Subject
#174 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 4:30 AM
erm.....i can't find where to download wings...in...their...website

WoNdErStAr.....
Part-time Hermit
#175 Old 14th Jul 2006 at 4:56 AM
wonderstar, at their front page, on the left hand side, you see a box called "news". Under that you see "Latest stable release" and then the link for "win" under it. Click that.
Page 7 of 18