Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hide all Maxis clothing & hair (update 8 June '07)

by jordi Posted 5th Apr 2006 at 6:41 PM - Updated 10th Aug 2007 at 1:07 PM by jordi : H&M Hider added

112 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 110 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Instructor
Original Poster
#51 Old 25th Jun 2006 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xtc-fastfacts
PLEAASE a mod that hides all maxis saved sims

You can just delete these from within Bodyshop or CAS...
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 28th Jun 2006 at 6:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jordi
You can just delete these from within Bodyshop or CAS...

You can? Yay. It never works for me...I can't delete any of them.
Test Subject
#53 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 9:21 PM
Default sims dissapearing from CAS screen
Hi Jordi,

Ive installed your files (except FFS, dont have that one), and everything is dissapeared so that worked fine.
Lately Im trying to organize my downloads (if you think you know chaos, you should see mine!!!)

Problem is that when I browse trough my clothes and I want to delete an ugly custom made set, my whole sim dissapears! Before I installed your files this didnt happen.

Seond problem is the skinsection; if I want to change the skin colour, only the head changes and the rest of the body stays the normal colour.

Can you help me with this?

Caroline
Instructor
Original Poster
#54 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 10:53 PM
Cafesante: sorry, no idea why this could happen. I don't use these mods myself you see.... Are you talking about deleting clothes while in CAS?

As for the skin selection, I had that issue with a few custom skins. Did you try it without these mods in place?
Test Subject
#55 Old 29th Jun 2006 at 11:53 PM
Hi,

I realized that I have Navetseas custom skins replace the maxis default ones, so I think they conflict with your files, Ill let him know also.

It happens when I delete a skin, instead of replacing aonther one like the game used to, the whole sims dissapears, before installing your files it worked ok, but I think they just conflict with Navetseas skins!
Test Subject
#56 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 5:52 PM
A quick question: Does this affect sims (townies or otherwise) who are already wearing Maxis hair/clothing? What I mean is, will the sims appear naked and bald in the game after I download this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#57 Old 7th Jul 2006 at 7:23 PM
No, it doesn't affect already existing Sims in any way. It just prevents the hidden hair and clothing to be used for future Sims (and changing clothes).
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 5th Aug 2006 at 12:46 PM
Hi Jordi, great work. Now do you think we can get one to hide all their furniture and objects and things. The custom content that we download is so much nicer. What are your thoughts on this?
Instructor
Original Poster
#59 Old 16th Aug 2006 at 9:00 AM
Simcitizen4: hiding objects is significantly more work, and I've found it can lead to unwanted results. I won't do one of those mods any time soon.
Test Subject
#60 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 10:50 AM
Does this work in bodyshop too? It's awsome and I am downloading it right away, i just wish if it doesnt work in bodyshop you could somehow make it? My downloads folder is huge...like 2GB, so just imagine how long bodyshop takes to load, im sure others would appreciate a bodyshop mod like this also, to cuttdown loading time and get rid of outfits we dont even use. By the way Great Job!!!

Total amount of files in download folder - 23,127
Amount of subfolders - 32
Totat Size - 8.24 GB
~And you thought you were a download junkie...~
~I Love Victor~
Instructor
Original Poster
#61 Old 31st Aug 2006 at 12:29 PM
Yes, it also works in bodyshop: all Maxis items should be hidden.

I don't know of any way to show hidden items in BS though, so if you want to clone any Maxis default clothes you need to take the mods out.

Btw, GLS hider should be up later today or tomorrow if all goes well.
Test Subject
#62 Old 1st Sep 2006 at 4:53 AM
Awsome! *does happy dance because she can now use body shop without most maxis crap* VICTORY IS MINE! Er....I mean.....Victory Is Jordi's and everyone's who uses the mod! lol Terrific Mod! This should win an award for best sims2 mod ever! lol.

Total amount of files in download folder - 23,127
Amount of subfolders - 32
Totat Size - 8.24 GB
~And you thought you were a download junkie...~
~I Love Victor~
Instructor
Original Poster
#63 Old 6th Sep 2006 at 6:11 PM
Added the GLS hider.
Instructor
Original Poster
#64 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 9:58 PM
Split the hiders for clothes and hair, so you can now hide all clothing but leave in the hair, or vice versa.

Also added hiders for Pets.
Test Subject
#65 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 12:02 AM
If this helps speed up CAS while I'm trying to sort through all my downloads and make a sim, then I'm in love. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 10:34 AM
This is much better than the original versions I'd downloaded pre pets. For one thing, removing the files actually resets the game content to viewable again, which didn't happen earlier (meaning I had to uninstall & reinstall the game over & over & I think you get the idea)

Anyway, thankyou. And baaa.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 1:25 PM Last edited by krayzieworld : 19th Feb 2007 at 2:06 PM. Reason: New info
Hiya Jordi, I just found a slight problem; I've been editing the property sets to unhide a few hairs that I like. Now I find that a bald hairstyle appears when I unhide a set.
For XP0 - both AM and AF, and TM (none in TF)
With XP1+XP2+XP3+XP4 (no stuff packs), the bald hair appears for TM only. The baldies for AF and AM are hidden with XP1, even without the others.
I've actually unhidden ONE AF hairstyle with XP0 (afhairlongsimple), and installed XP1 intact. Still the male baldie is there o_O' and of course the female hair is not there. The baldie isn't related to any particular maxis mesh, it appears no matter what I unhide.
Any particular reason for this? I've checked and rechecked, I've not made a mistake. Perhaps I haven't tested some other option, but I don't know what else to do :P

ETA: Okay, I found it - the property sets tm_bald_bare (or something like it)
are missing for all hiders. Can you point me out to a tutorial where I can add these sets myself? Thank you

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Instructor
Original Poster
#68 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 2:53 PM
Hey krayzieworld, I don't think that hairstyle is supposed to appear normally. Are you perhaps using some other hider/unhider?

Just in case I did leave it in (I can't check right now) -- once you've found the mesh name (tm_bald_bare or whatever it is), extract that property set. Create a new package and import the property set you just exporter (or add it to another package). Make sure the flags property is odd (if it is 0, make it 1 -- if it is 8, make it 9) and save in your downloads folder.

To hide custom/downloaded hair, open the package with SimPE and do the same thing (the flags property must be odd).
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 19th Feb 2007 at 4:29 PM
Naw, just your hiders The sets weren't in there, and I don't know why the baldie appeared for me; it seems to be just me, cause I don't see anyone else sayin anything.
Anyway I found the sets in the skins.package and used this method, and now it's hidden.
BAAAAHHHH lol Thanks

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
- Mark Twain
Instructor
#70 Old 4th May 2007 at 4:58 AM
Hmm, Jordi, are you planning to add hiders for the Seasons stuff as well? Just curious...
Instructor
Original Poster
#71 Old 4th May 2007 at 12:43 PM
Certainly, I just haven't gotten around to it yet. I'll try to make the time.
Instructor
Original Poster
#72 Old 4th May 2007 at 1:41 PM
Seasons and Celebrations hiders uploaded.
Field Researcher
#73 Old 28th May 2007 at 7:11 AM
Like many other people, I hated all the maxis items! Many thanks! Do you have a hack to hide all the ugly maxis furnitures?

It's "gilysse" with a small "g"..

Sorry but I am no longer open for suggestions.
Instructor
Original Poster
#74 Old 8th Jun 2007 at 12:32 PM
SP5 (H&M Fashion) hider added.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 18th Aug 2007 at 3:19 PM
These kind of stuff is great. What I really want is a hack or something that hides all the stupid Maxis Sims in Bodyshop, I only want to see the ones I've made or downloaded. Anyone knows where I can find suck a hack, PM me please!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Page 3 of 5