Replies: 11715 (Who?), Viewed: 725102 times.
Page 469 of 469
Mad Poster
#11701 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 9:18 AM
Well the rest of the defaults database at that link will have formal too.

It's the underwear when they're actually showing the bra that really bugs me.
Mad Poster
#11702 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 1:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity
Well the rest of the defaults database at that link will have formal too.

It's the underwear when they're actually showing the bra that really bugs me.

====
Am not seeing link to "defaults database" that will change other types of clothes for no-bra granny. Actually looked for it in link I have for defaults but couldn't find. Yea, Maxis idea of elders is just creepy: shoulders up, hunch over, hanging boobs...

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#11703 Old 1st Dec 2020 at 3:02 PM
Mad Poster
#11704 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 4:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charity

I saw that but thought Don't tell me I have to change every outfit! But that must be what you're telling me. Gramma not listen. Gramma looks for wine. None. Gramma look for chocolate...Gramma go lie down now.

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#11705 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 9:58 AM
Every outfit has a different mesh, so there can't be a one size fits all. I've spent ages messing around with my elder female stuff to remove all the braless crap.
Field Researcher
#11706 Old 2nd Dec 2020 at 11:41 AM
I just use a different body shape for my elders instead of the default ones to make them more natural. Thing is, they still hunch over when they walk.
Mad Poster
#11707 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pianogrinder
I just use a different body shape for my elders instead of the default ones to make them more natural. Thing is, they still hunch over when they walk.

That was what I was hoping for...a different mesh that the "clothes" would conform to???

Namaste... or "go"
Alchemist
#11708 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
That was what I was hoping for...a different mesh that the "clothes" would conform to???

As I understand it, a different body mesh would then need a whole set of clothing to match it. Same result only different!

My new downloads are on my Pillowfort
Field Researcher
#11709 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 4:33 AM
Unfortunately, clothes conforming to the bodyshape is in Sims3 and Sims4. In Sims2 however, each bodyshape has its own meshes. My elders - male and female - all use a non-maxis bodyshape which is one reason why I have done so many clothing conversions in BodyShop. I take the clothing from one shape/mesh and rework it to fit on another shape/mesh.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Field Researcher
#11710 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 5:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HobbesED
Unfortunately, clothes conforming to the bodyshape is in Sims3 and Sims4. In Sims2 however, each bodyshape has its own meshes. My elders - male and female - all use a non-maxis bodyshape which is one reason why I have done so many clothing conversions in BodyShop. I take the clothing from one shape/mesh and rework it to fit on another shape/mesh.

Yup that's what I do too. I convert over the clothes to fit the body type. It's sad when in sims 2 you have to make the clothes fit the body when in sims 4 you can make the body fit the clothes. Maybe someday they can crack the code to make the body morphable with sliders where you don't need to adhere to strict bone points and skeletal structures. One can only dream I guess. :D
Mad Poster
#11711 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 6:48 AM
Umm so the mesh for the clothes has to match the mesh for the body...then how do those "defaults" work? The Maxis body mesh has been changed AND the boob part of the clothes mesh has been changed to match the body mesh? I thought clothes could be made that made the body look different. Like a few gym and swim outfits for elder females that look like an ADULT female body.

Namaste... or "go"
Field Researcher
#11712 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 2:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Umm so the mesh for the clothes has to match the mesh for the body...then how do those "defaults" work? The Maxis body mesh has been changed AND the boob part of the clothes mesh has been changed to match the body mesh? I thought clothes could be made that made the body look different. Like a few gym and swim outfits for elder females that look like an ADULT female body.

Clothes don't have to match the body mesh. So yes you can have clothes that make the body look different. Every clothes item has its own mesh. In fact pretty much the only times you see the actual body mesh is when the Sim is in the shower or if you have a mod that shows the "true nude".

When I say my elder Sims use a non-Maxis shape it means two things. (1) I have changed the skintone (the true nude) to have a different non-Maxis elder shape and (2) to keep their shape consistent when clothed, they only use clothing meshes that match that non-Maxis shape. I then convert clothing that uses other meshes to that non-Maxis shaped clothing mesh so they have things to wear.

But if you want an elder to simply look like an adult shape (no saggy boobs and a more fit body) when clothed. All you really have to do is edit the adult clothing package files in SimPE and change the category from x'08' (adult ) to x '18' (adult and elder) or x'48' (adult and young adult) to x'58' (adult, young adult and elder). That will make the clothing available for elders to buy and wear. They'll still show the elder body when nude, but that doesn't happen that often in an unmodded game.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Theorist
#11713 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 3:49 PM
@grammapat
Have you heard of this mod?
Mad Poster
#11714 Old 3rd Dec 2020 at 8:52 PM
Probably impossible, but I'd love a mod that showed tooltips on the in-game jewellery shopping screen. Or one that at least makes the custom thumbnails show up. So many times I've sat there squinting at a default blank face or rows of identical chains with the actual pendant part cut off. Half the time I wind up buying the lot of them (thank you gussy-up plugin with free jewellery!) just to get to the next screen, where the custom thumbnails remind me once again that those blank faces are actually custom vampire teeth and here are all the various pendants in closeup.
Mad Poster
#11715 Old Today at 12:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
@grammapat

That looks great, but after much reading I not only couldn't figure out which version I need, but iCad in 2018 noted a problem it created; his issue was not addressed so I'm afraid to try it.

Namaste... or "go"
Top Secret Researcher
#11716 Old Today at 1:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Essa
@grammapat

Do you know if there's a mod like this that only makes YA and Adult clothes available for both YAs and Adults? I actually don't mind the Elder body shape and mainly take pictures of my sims when they are adults anyway, but it's always frustrating when my sims' college clothes aren't available for adults.
Page 469 of 469