Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#3751 Old 21st May 2021 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BagelTheDog
I totally agree that the commie liberal SJWs have infected Maxis. They're pushing their radical gay agenda using subliminal messaging to make our children and pets gay.

Your pet won't be gay. lol
I want to talk about my country Taiwan, the first gay marriage legal country in Asia. When gay marriage is legal, the conservative Christian group warns me and other liberals the far-left progressive group must influence children to stop call their parent's dad and mom, but we didn't listen!
Now the progressive lgbtq+ group is trying to erase mom and dad, claim they can make gay couple uncomfortable and not inclusive, they want mom and dad two words change to parent 1 and parent 2

Taiwan Soul!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#3752 Old 21st May 2021 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
What is the point of adding that flag in a children's room? Children should be concerned with playing and learning, not with adult sexual issues. I imagine that being a child today must be exhausting, propaganda about adult things that they do not care about 24 hours a day everywhere. You have to make children feel good as they are and decide those things when they are older, one thing is to teach them to accept others and not be mean to different people, and another is to medicate an undeveloped child to be a perfect androgenic bonsai. I am a drag queen and I know that hormones at a very early age produce an androgenic effect of super model beauty. (because I have it without hormones). So, it seems dangerous to me that with the excuse that it is better to start at an early age so that the treatment works better, many children are encouraged to go down a path that will change their lives forever when they are not ready yet. It seems to me to be corruption of minors. Like the child drag queen who was taken to gay clubs and was promoted on Vice. I perfectly remember the kid making jokes about ketamine in a video with two older gay men around him. And I found it tremendously unpleasant, yet people applaud this.

Being transgender isn’t an “adult sexual issue” though. It’s not a sexuality at all. The clip was at most 3 seconds long and now it’s “propaganda” that is apparently everywhere all the time (hint: it’s not). And who said anything about hormones? This is the Sims for crying out loud.

“Many children are encouraged to go down a path that will change their lives forever when they are not ready yet. It seems to me to be corruption of minors.”

Helping transgender kids be comfortable with their bodies is contributing to the corruption of minors...... you know what I’m not touching that.
Forum Resident
#3753 Old 21st May 2021 at 7:13 AM
Think what you want, I do not retract anything I have said. If for a second you can detach yourself from your feelings, you will see that these massive campaigns are only made in the West, and the objective is clear. But I don't want to get into politics.
Lab Assistant
#3754 Old 21st May 2021 at 7:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alunn
Being transgender isn’t an “adult sexual issue” though. It’s not a sexuality at all. The clip was at most 3 seconds long and now it’s “propaganda” that is apparently everywhere all the time (hint: it’s not). And who said anything about hormones? This is the Sims for crying out loud.

“Many children are encouraged to go down a path that will change their lives forever when they are not ready yet. It seems to me to be corruption of minors.”

Helping transgender kids be comfortable with their bodies is contributing to the corruption of minors...... you know what I’m not touching that.

I afraid when trans kids grow up older they might regret to transition and decide to de-transition.

Taiwan Soul!
Forum Resident
#3755 Old 21st May 2021 at 7:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by yaohui
I afraid when trans kids grow up older they might regret to transition and decide to de-transition.

Precisely children tend to be cruel and mean because their brain has not yet developed, empathy is closely related to the prefrontal neo cortex. So I don't want to imagine crazy mothers giving their kids hormones just because they like to play with dolls or put on dresses.
Field Researcher
#3756 Old 21st May 2021 at 10:05 AM
The number of kids who grow up to detransition is so low, that it barely counts. It's under 1%.
https://www.verywellhealth.com/detr...nsition-5093126
https://www.stonewall.org.uk/about-...nd-detransition

Most people detransition due to lack of family, job, or societal support. So, maybe step up and start supporting people like us who just want to be happy. We're not weird, no less weird than someone who wishes to dye their hair or get a nose job, to change their appearance to match their inner self.

Kids don't get access to hormones until they're around sixteen. They don't need hormones. They are children. They get puberty blockers - harmless and given to cis kids all the time - and room to explore themselves.

A dress or haircut is easily replaced, a child who is a unique human being with thoughts and feelings is NOT.

It's not a phase - if it were, the kid would not persist with it nearly as long as is needed for parents to realise something. Often, the kid is left persisting with this for YEARS until parents notice and make the change. Doctors are seen, therapists involved, it's a whole process that rarely starts or ends with getting them a haircut or new clothes to match their gender. There is no way to know how a child will identify but the main goal is making sure they are happy and expressing themselves - and if you are actively stomping on what the child is telling you at every moment for years, with their words, saying "I'm a boy" or "I'm a girl" then that's on you for being ignorant. Kids rarely keep up with something for no reason and if your child is telling you something, you have to make sure you pay attention to it. It's correct parenting to make sure, yes, but also, saying "no you're not, you're this gender" is cruel. It's denying the kid their happiness. If a kid wants to be an artist for years, and is totally into art, and you say "no, you're a doctor" and keep buying them toy doctor's office stuff, it's more likely the kid will grow up to be an artist and also have a really hard time forgiving you for not fostering what they were telling you they needed.

https://www.nlcahr.mun.ca/Research_...d_the_Myths.pdf

Also, why is this a debate in a sims thread? But, anyway -

I'm trans, I knew I was trans when I was maybe eight and never got the chance to do anything. Nobody told me that you could just, change. I thought I was stuck with my "insides" not matching my "outsides" at all. I was so dysphoric, as my puberty came early, and everyone around me thought it was because I was fat - that I hated being fat, that my "inner self" was skinny. In reality, I didn't care, and still don't hate my body for its size at all. I just had no idea about how to tell anyone this secret of mine when all the adults talked over me. They all perceived it as "insecure eight year old girl" because it was the very early 00s. I was forced into a mould that adults made for me, of diets and "interventions" and other such stuff - and was miserable and suicidal. I couldn't wear the clothes I wanted. I could play with the toys and games I wanted to, but it was always "girly" such as a bright pink basketball. I retreated into a shell and never knew why. Coming out to myself was a process - you have to realise, it's not innate - but the whole "this was what I felt when I was eight, this is the WORD FOR IT" was absolutely mindblowing to me. I sobbed on my bed one night after a double feature of Captain America 1 & 2 and just realised that I wanted to be transformed, that all my drawings of this as a kid, all my Sims, all my characters were a cry for help, that this wasn't just all in my head. An ex helped me to explore myself, and really got me to a place where I was able to say "I'm trans" in August 2015. You aren't born knowing the words or knowing what to say and I applaud kids who do know. They're strong and know that they are saying something that could rip their life into shreds if their parents are assholes about it, but speak their truth anyways. That has to count for something.

I'm personally more concerned about the parents that push their kids further down into a box, who say "you're not trans" like mine did when I was forcibly outed to them about two years ago by my brother. It was a horrific experience and being told I wasn't trans because I never said anything was ridiculous and heartbreaking. They completely deny me my right to be trans, and living with them is hell. I can wear men's clothing, cut my hair short, have my beard - but I'm not called by my name. I'm called she, her, girl, woman. Which I'm not, I never have identified that way. I'm told to shave, to wear a skirt, to be more ladylike - imagine telling the average man that, and imagine how he'd feel. That's how I feel. Confused, hurt, weirded out, and ultimately revulsion.

I never grew up to regret being trans - I more regret not being educated on the fact that that was an option. I know people who realised at 15, 20, even 50 years old and never regretted it. I also know exactly one person who detransitioned after identifying as trans male and then agender, but she never regretted identifying in such a way - her gender identity changed (which does happen) as she grew up. It happens, but she still benefitted from knowing that that was who she was THEN - just like you maybe liked Digimon a LOT as a kid but not now. It was a big part of you, that is no longer relevant. That's fine. Her mother made the right decision of making sure she was validated along the way and it helped her have room to explore identities and land on one that felt right for her. She still doesn't know if this is the final one or just a rest stop along the journey and that's fine. Some people never settle, they're shedding their skins to a new colour all the time. But like anyone else, we're all made differently and that's OKAY.
Smeg Head
#3757 Old 21st May 2021 at 10:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
So after thinking on it more, this whole thing just feels shady as hell. I think I'm actually just gonna go ahead and skip this pack completely instead of waiting for it to go down in price. Like....they're really over here trying to make me pay $20 for a stuff pack and I ain't with the bullshit. Fuck you, EA. Just like with Batuu, I don't reward bad behavior

So that's now four game packs that I'm just straight up not buying. Though I might end up getting Jungle Adventure eventually. That one I'm not mad at. There was just a lack of interest.

I actually recommend Jungle Adventure pack. The beauty of the region alone is great, for taking camera pictures or an easel to paint the scenery while there. But my fondest memory was my main sim dragging his DJ Booth there in his inventory, and when finally making camp at the Big Temple, setting up his DJ Booth on the roof of temple and mixing a new track dedicated to the Temple. Back home, years later, he still sells license to that track for loads of money, and the memory of him making it in the jungle, atop the special temple roof, frikken great stuff! Priceless. When TS4 is good, it's really, really good. When it's bad. It's really frikken really bad, too frikken often. Jungle Adventures was good. Is good.

"Become a government informer. Betray your family and friends. Fabulous prizes to be won!" Red Dwarf - Back to Reality.

Find all my TS4 mods and lots here: Main Website - simsasylum.com My Section - coolspear's Mods & Lots
Lab Assistant
#3758 Old 21st May 2021 at 10:36 AM
Think what you want, I do not retract anything I have said. If for a second you can detach yourself from your feelings, you will see that these massive campaigns are only made in the West, and the objective is clear. But I don't want to get into politics.

Nothing that I said indicates that I was in my feelings but sure bud, whatever helps you sleep at night

“But I don’t want to get into politics”
*has literally been “getting into politics” this whole time*
Lab Assistant
#3759 Old 21st May 2021 at 10:47 AM Last edited by yaohui : 21st May 2021 at 11:55 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by TwoFingersWhiskey
They get puberty blockers - harmless and given to cis kids all the time - and room to explore themselves.

Sorry, I am not an English user, but about puberty blockers, I found the article What are puberty blockers, and how do they work?
Another related post NHS gender clinic 'should have challenged me more' over transition
My 15-year-old transgender son is going through menopause - and I'm so proud of him
And
‘My 15-year-old transgender son is going through menopause’
TRANS KIDS VS. GAY KIDS: The Battle Over Gender-Nonconforming Children
I still think it is a very dangerous movement.

Taiwan Soul!
Forum Resident
#3760 Old 21st May 2021 at 10:58 AM
Nothing that I said indicates that I was in my feelings but sure bud, whatever helps you sleep at night

“But I don’t want to get into politics”
*has literally been “getting into politics” this whole time*

For me you are, because you are not able to detach yourself from your beliefs or feelings to have a broader vision of why confusing children or other issues related to the population of Europe and its birth rate is encouraged so much, on which not I want to speak so as not to hurt sensitivities, but they are related to this issue and also to EA's strategy. As Michael Jackson said "All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us"

That political parties have taken over movements around the world for publicity purposes is not my fault. That is why I said that I did not want to talk about politics, because it inevitably seems like it. Of course it is good that now we are more represented, but that does not mean that everyone who is part of a minority is a good person and has good intentions. I do not know if I explain myself without going deeper.

I suppose that to understand psychopathic minds you have to have suffered it in your own flesh in order to have the ability to think like them and know where they are going.
Lab Assistant
#3761 Old 21st May 2021 at 11:42 AM
For me you are, because you are not able to detach yourself from your beliefs or feelings to have a broader vision of why confusing children or other issues related to the population of Europe and its birth rate is encouraged so much, on which not I want to speak so as not to hurt sensitivities, but they are related to this issue and also to EA's strategy. As Michael Jackson said "All I wanna say is that they don't really care about us"

That political parties have taken over movements around the world for publicity purposes is not my fault. That is why I said that I did not want to talk about politics, because it inevitably seems like it. Of course it is good that now we are more represented, but that does not mean that everyone who is part of a minority is a good person and has good intentions. I do not know if I explain myself without going deeper.

I suppose that to understand psychopathic minds you have to have suffered it in your own flesh in order to have the ability to think like them and know where they are going.

And you have completely detached yourself from your own feelings and beliefs in making the claim that EA is partaking in some master plan orchestrated by the entire continent of Europe to encourage “confusing” children (for some unknown/vague reason) by way of a three second clip of a transgender child in a video game dlc trailer? Am I getting this right? There are no feelings or beliefs in that assertion? At all? I don’t know about that one chief.
Forum Resident
#3762 Old 21st May 2021 at 11:50 AM
And you have completely detached yourself from your own feelings and beliefs in making the claim that EA is partaking in some master plan orchestrated by the entire continent of Europe to encourage “confusing” children (for some unknown/vague reason) by way of a three second clip of a transgender child in a video game dlc trailer? Am I getting this right? There are no feelings or beliefs in that assertion? At all? I don’t know about that one chief.

To destroy and control a population, you need to go after the children and their brain, you must also take away the honor and dignity of men accusing them of being children of the devil 24 hours a day (especially if they are white) You must also eliminate the feeling of belonging so that no one defends their land. (low birth rate) You must also make minorities believe they are miserable and create a dichotomy in their brain of good and bad. The perfect marxist soldiers.

EA is a very powerful company and I imagine that there are elite families involved in high positions or as shareholders, so yes, I think EA collaborates with political agendas, not only in the sims, but the sims is a good place since it deals precisely with how we see "life" and the fact that there are no consequences for anything in the gameplay and that they add subtle symbols such as the trans flag in a children's room seem to me totally intentional.

Also, if you investigate a little you will see that almost all the world's media, apart from large companies, are controlled by the same people, you just have to go up their "tree".
Mad Poster
#3763 Old 21st May 2021 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Also, some interesting imagery- is EA again aesthetically dipping its toes into the latest social justice movements?

Like they always do in their trailers, and it no longer feels special when you notice and seen them do from one video to another. And ppl still be like bowing EA and getting crazy in the comment section how EA is pro to gays, theys and blacks. But I will bet they wouldn't have put that transgender without being reminded that "hey, let's get respect points for lgbtq+, so add any flag on a wall!". It's fine for PPL to get excited over it of they,'re seeing support from their side on the first time, but it's worth anknowledging it ain't the first, second or third time they shove in said political debatable minority group in one of their advertisements.

And I swear, we would see less of this gay scenes if maxis didn't do it for profit and devs thought of decorating a room with a flag and tell us a story of a gay household that really doesn't revolve around sexuality genuinely without being told by a coworker or boss askes by EA to add it on. Know what I'm saying? It at times rubs me the wrong way, when I'm myself am apart of LGBTQ+.

ETA: heuheuheu, I just thought how they wouldn't have guts to include gay woohoo for some reason

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#3764 Old 21st May 2021 at 12:30 PM
To destroy and control a population, you need to go after the children and their brain, you must also take away the honor and dignity of men accusing them of being children of the devil 24 hours a day (especially if they are white) You must also eliminate the feeling of belonging so that no one defends their land. (low birth rate) You must also make minorities believe they are miserable and create a dichotomy in their brain of good and bad. The perfect marxist soldiers.

EA is a very powerful company and I imagine that there are elite families involved in high positions or as shareholders, so yes, I think EA collaborates with political agendas, not only in the sims, but the sims is a good place since it deals precisely with how we see "life" and the fact that there are no consequences for anything in the gameplay and that they add subtle symbols such as the trans flag in a children's room seem to me totally intentional.

Also, if you investigate a little you will see that almost all the world's media, apart from large companies, are controlled by the same people, you just have to go up their "tree".

...sir this is a Wendy’s.
Mad Poster
#3765 Old 21st May 2021 at 12:37 PM
Jesus Christ!
I came here to see what people's views on the latest pack were. Not get a bloody lecture on the rights and wrongs of the LGBTQ+ world and/or its representation in the game.
That is NOT what this thread it for. Take it to a more appropriate one before the mods lock this thread for going waaaaaay off topic.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#3766 Old 21st May 2021 at 12:45 PM
What are people's views on the latest pack? I like the moroccan one, and I think I am going to like the one with the sectional sofas. Hopefully though they will be in the patch too.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Lab Assistant
#3767 Old 21st May 2021 at 1:02 PM

...what?

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Jesus Christ!
I came here to see what people's views on the latest pack were. Not get a bloody lecture on the rights and wrongs of the LGBTQ+ world and/or its representation in the game.
That is NOT what this thread it for. Take it to a more appropriate one before the mods lock this thread for going waaaaaay off topic.

Ha! The moment I saw that flag in the trailer, I knew exactly that this thread was going to be a mess.
So, do forgive me for making fun of some of the fine people in this thread, I couldn't help myself.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Lab Assistant
#3768 Old 21st May 2021 at 1:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
What are people's views on the latest pack? I like the moroccan one, and I think I am going to like the one with the sectional sofas. Hopefully though they will be in the patch too.

I’m staying away from kits personally, but the new game pack (I’ve already forgotten the name) seems... passable, given what I’ve seen so far, if a little bit thin. The buy mode objects are nice looking, though the mid century modern theme feels kinda played out. I’m mainly interested in the toaster oven and how that works, as well as the standalone stovetop and oven.

I don’t really have an interest in the career as I didn’t like it in TS3 Ambitions, but back then it was a small part of a much larger pack. I guess it spoiled me in the fact that I can’t justify spending $20 on one career that I’m already not a big fan of now. Hopefully it’s more robust than the trailer made it seem because if not, it looks like it’ll be one of the smaller game packs imo.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3769 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:26 PM
WHEW the PHOBIA in this thread. How about that new game pack everyone?

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#3770 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:26 PM
A gay who dresses up as a drag queen with a phobia? LOL
Scholar
#3771 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by matrix54
WHEW the PHOBIA in this thread. How about that new game pack everyone?

What, there's a new game pack? Oh, oh right. I guess I had not even fully registered it in my mind because it adds so little of significance.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Lab Assistant
#3772 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:32 PM
A gay who dresses up as a drag queen with a phobia? LOL

You'd be surprised, man. They exist.

BagelTheDog, Village Idiot.

"What a fool you are, I'm a god! How can you kill a god? What a grand and intoxicating innocence! How could you be so naive?" - Dagoth Ur.
"AAAAHHH... I'm burning in hell, the demons are poking me with their pitchforks! Help me!" - Margaret Thatcher (hopefully).
Field Researcher
#3773 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:37 PM
Is this a joke? A whole pack based on a new career? Again a career that was a portion of a whole expansion pack for TS3 is now sold for 20 USD. If you want the other careers, go buy Get to Work for 40 and Moschino for 10.
Forum Resident
#3774 Old 21st May 2021 at 2:37 PM
@toxicboy They are becoming more brazen with their scams, I agree with you.

@BagelTheDog I suppose there will be. Although it tends to seem self-critical to me. My trans friend started hating gays after converting, I guess she didn't want to feel gay anymore.
Lab Assistant
#3775 Old 21st May 2021 at 5:12 PM
SimGuruJill shared this screenshot.

It's not a huge gameplay improvement, but I'm sure house build simmers will love it.

Taiwan Soul!
Page 151 of 185