Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Recolourable* Fiat Punto

by Numenor Posted 30th Jan 2006 at 3:25 AM - Updated 16th Sep 2009 at 4:29 PM by -Maylin-

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 78 Feedback Posts, 2 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 2:24 PM
All the Maxis "outdoor" objects (i.e. the one that are sopposed to be placed outside the house) contain a special "LOD90" mesh and texture, that is a simplified version of the main one (less polygons, less details). The Maxis cars have a LOD90 texture for each existing recolours (which ensures the windows to look correctly in NH view); most of the user-created cars, on the contrary, miss the LOD90 mesh and texture completely, and this forces the game to use, *even in NH vie*, the full mesh and texture (with a heavy load on the graphic processor).

The original Punto did have a LOD90 mesh and texture, which I have kept while making it recolourable; but the (unique) LOD90 texture made by Maxis for the original blue colour *has not* the transparent windows, and this setting is replicated to each recolour made for the recolourable Punto.

Sincerely, I didn't notice this glitch before, and thank you for having pointed it out. But in any case, Maxis is to blame for it

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#52 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 7:23 PM
Excellent work . Keep it up.
Test Subject
#53 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 10:40 PM
I thought I would download this to download the recolored ones that were made later but neither of it showed up in my game.... can you help me???? (I normally Q-Express install things... otherwise it's WAY too complicated.)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 27th Feb 2006 at 11:34 PM
I think you have some older versions of the Punto. Delete all the Puntos from your lots, and then delete the Punto fron the catalogue; restart the game and see if the Punto is really deleted from the catalog; if so, reinstall the recolourable Punto.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Lab Assistant
#55 Old 28th Feb 2006 at 11:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The original Punto did have a LOD90 mesh and texture, which I have kept while making it recolourable; but the (unique) LOD90 texture made by Maxis for the original blue colour *has not* the transparent windows, and this setting is replicated to each recolour made for the recolourable Punto.

Sincerely, I didn't notice this glitch before, and thank you for having pointed it out. But in any case, Maxis is to blame for it

Ah yes, another screw-up by maxis...
I wonder though, is the transparency created through an alpha channel? If that's the case, it's fairly easy to correct.

Let the Beast inside you free!
Test Subject
#56 Old 1st Mar 2006 at 2:00 PM Last edited by justgwenni : 1st Mar 2006 at 2:00 PM. Reason: Corrected a typo ;)
Default Thank you, Numenor! It worked :)
Thank you!!! It downloaded and I got it into my game this time ... I can't wait to use it especially with Open For Business being delivered to me tomorrow ... it is going to be fun to put this awesome car out at my new car dealership and be able to use all the awesome recolors that have been created thanks to your hard work to make that possible ... you are the greatest !!!

~*~ Gwenni ~*~

Blessings and Happy Sim-2ing :)

~*~ Gwenni ~*~

Visit me on MySpace
Test Subject
#57 Old 3rd Mar 2006 at 2:03 AM
Default Uhh!
:smash: I tried downloading this and the recolors with Q-Xpress and it won't work! Is it not supposed to work with
Q-Xpress, if it is supposed to, do i need to download anything else?? help please, I want this car!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 12:40 AM
It should work with Q-Xpress...

Be sure you don't have (in the game catalog and in yout Downloads folder) no older versions of the Punto

Theorist
#59 Old 10th Mar 2006 at 6:50 PM
So cool Thanks!
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 10:13 AM
my computer says "broken files"!!! I can't take it from the rar files!!! *sniifff* I removed the orange fiat punto, but it's not this because I can't have the pakage files! I don'tknow if you understand me, because i'm frenche and i'm not really good at english, I had B, soooo...
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 13th Mar 2006 at 1:10 AM
xooox, try the Q-Xpress

Test Subject
#62 Old 16th Mar 2006 at 7:12 AM
question DrBeast,

did you ever have the original Punto in a neighborhood shot prior to this?

because I noticed the the size of the windows make it difficult to make them out even with all the graphical settings maxed out.

Haven't tried it with any of the cars in another location... (Like a neighboring house or lot)... since I own a Hunka dealership and the toy store acrossed the street in my game... I see my car lot all the time.

just a thought....
#63 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:39 PM
Grazie 1000 Finalmente Un'auto Italiana In Un Bel Gioco Come The Sims 2
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Mar 2006 at 5:14 PM Last edited by DrBeast : 20th Mar 2006 at 10:41 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by opera_ghost
question DrBeast,

did you ever have the original Punto in a neighborhood shot prior to this?

because I noticed the the size of the windows make it difficult to make them out even with all the graphical settings maxed out.

Haven't tried it with any of the cars in another location... (Like a neighboring house or lot)... since I own a Hunka dealership and the toy store acrossed the street in my game... I see my car lot all the time.

just a thought....

I didn't even know it existed prior to finding Numenor's version. I jumped on the NL train less than a month ago, so I never bothered with cars. Some custom cars appear just as Numenor described, with all their (high-detail) glory, only to randomly "disappear" from Neighborhood view (though they're still in the lot when I enter) from time to time. Ah well, it's just aesthetic anyway. I don't think I've ever gotten a Maxis car for my Sims, I only give them custom-made (courtesy of VirtualJack, Bonus, and Numenor of course!), so I don't know how they look in Neighborhood view.

Edit: OK, I gave some sims Maxis made cars just to check some things out. Their window transparency works ok in Neighborhood view, but they also tend to randomly "disappear" from time to time. The list of bugs grows thick indeed!

Let the Beast inside you free!
Scholar
#65 Old 26th Mar 2006 at 1:51 AM
i love the rainbow color.its very nice.but i like the old jalopy running around the streets now,the old dilapidated motor vehicle, especially in the game is kewl.Is the door fixed on yours,,,,lol.(Im not to fond of default object items)thanks!

I'm A WHIZ KID.
Wanna see me whiz?
Field Researcher
#66 Old 3rd Apr 2006 at 7:05 AM
Thanks so much! I was sick of having to either buy my Sims another car altogether or have them settle with blue.
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 24th Apr 2006 at 7:55 PM
Hey man your a life saver I loved the Punto as a modern small car but the one color thing was killing my sense of style. Thanks.

Looking on the Bright Side of Life!
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 19th May 2006 at 7:28 PM
As always, Numenor, you rock!

Viv
Test Subject
#69 Old 10th Jun 2006 at 5:48 PM
Thanks for all the very cool stuff you make!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
#70 Old 21st Jun 2006 at 1:21 AM
Good work!!
U
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Jul 2006 at 1:07 PM
great work, num! loved the first car, hated the no-recolour attribute, and now this! damn, youre good...

If life seems to suck, do the right thing. Put it in a bin.
http://www.atfreeforum.com/waggles/ Visit my forum for chat, spam and fun! I am currently looking for moderators. PM me with your resume.
Field Researcher
#72 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 12:19 PM
Cute, thank you

To err is human. To forgive is divine. Sometimes:)
Forum Resident
#73 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 3:12 AM
This is a great download. Now I have 2 question:
1. Why is the thumbnail different from the original? It's so big, when you look at the loading screen when we go to community lot.
2. Why is that when the sims makeout or woohoo, there is no fog? Instead the sims just disappeared and then appear again.

Anyway, this is still my favorite car. Thanks, Numenor.
Lab Assistant
#74 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 8:29 AM
amazing... i'm speechless :-O This car puts all the stock maxis cars to shame ^_^
Test Subject
#75 Old 21st Dec 2007 at 12:26 AM
Default That's true
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Actually, I don't know why Maxis only posted it on the UK site... Probably they thought that the Fiat Punto was not than known or appreciated in the States...

True, the Punto is quite cheap here in England and many people choose it as a first car.
Page 3 of 4