Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Builder's Island

by armiel Posted 29th May 2010 at 3:59 PM - Updated 28th Jan 2012 at 2:58 PM by armiel : added version for lower patches

67 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 43 Feedback Posts, 23 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 31st May 2010 at 1:46 PM
Oh, this is cute! I will start some stowaway story on that little island, thank you very much! :-)
Instructor
#27 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:49 PM
Yay!!! So glad that you put the .world up!! Thanks so much!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 31st May 2010 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fawkes
Yay!!! So glad that you put the .world up!! Thanks so much!

Nooo problemo
Thanks for making me to do it

I hope that it works that way :P
Test Subject
#29 Old 3rd Jun 2010 at 11:25 AM
tiny lots FTW!!
WOOWOOWOO
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 29th Jun 2010 at 1:12 AM
'like this tiny island! perfectly made and so useful, thank you armiel.
Test Subject
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2010 at 5:50 PM
Thank you! I was looking for something like this for building, this is PERFECT!

I take requests, package them, and deliver them with lub. ::DIM:SIM::
Inventor
#32 Old 20th Jul 2010 at 12:48 PM
This is a very cool and useful idea. Thanks for sharing. I'll try it out in my game.
dodgy builder
#33 Old 28th Jul 2010 at 12:29 PM Last edited by Volvenom : 28th Jul 2010 at 12:48 PM.
I have Windows 7. I don't have those directories. Found some Installed Worlds in there, zip result apparently. Well, I'll just keep looking I guess. Thank you for this. Faster load sounds perfect to me

Edit: It Worked! Just had to double click the file to open the launcher. So for Windows 7 it's in Installed Worlds.
Field Researcher
#34 Old 31st Jul 2010 at 11:53 AM
Excellent job. I was thinking about creating my own flat land with Create-A-World but this saves me loads of time. *BUILDERS PARADISE* ^^

Still struggling with CAW :x
Banned
#35 Old 16th Aug 2010 at 12:08 AM
This is very suitable for some rabbit hole recolors I am doing! I was looking for Flabaliki's Sunset Valley emptied, but I guess he deleted it. This is great though, thanks!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 17th Aug 2010 at 3:22 AM
Woop WOOP! This is cute, and lovely. But
kinda small, I know its only for building. Could
ya make another world, with houses ?!
Test Subject
#37 Old 4th Sep 2010 at 1:34 PM
Great! Thank you, Armiel!)))
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 3:18 PM
this IS a great idea but it doesn't show up in my game. I realize it's a Simpack so I just put it in my downloads. Is it because I have Ambitions? I'm new to CAW and I believe I've read that Ambitions broke it..
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 24th Sep 2010 at 4:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jerin8
this IS a great idea but it doesn't show up in my game. I realize it's a Simpack so I just put it in my downloads. Is it because I have Ambitions? I'm new to CAW and I believe I've read that Ambitions broke it..

This should work perfectly with Ambitons installed. You say you have put it in to downloads, but have you also installed it in launcher/by double clicking the file?
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Jan 2011 at 10:40 PM Last edited by Envie42 : 1st Jan 2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: double posted from thanks
armiel would it be possible to add one more tiny request to this world? I know you're probably not really interested in making anymore with it - and its been a long time, but your world is exactly what I'm looking for in a building project I'm doing for another world that's not yet finished. I have used your DIY island, but find I can't put a 60x60 lot there and I need to make a series of 60x60 lots (I need space for at least 2 or 3 of them in a row). The silly EA world editor tool ingame only allows you to place 64x64 lots and not 60x60 so its useless for me with what I need.

I don't use CAW tool myself (though I'm getting close to downloading and trying it out of frustration eventually hehe). I just thought I'd throw this out there. I do have one other blank island I can try using for my builder's world.

Thanks in advance and these (this and your DIY one) are great tools for building.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#41 Old 2nd Jan 2011 at 5:54 AM
Envie42

Usually I would automatically delete a request in my upload post, but as this what I'm about to link you is useful for anyone who downloads this world, or DIY one, is useful, I'll make an exception this time

Inge Jones has made an lotsize editor for TS3. Well actually, she has told people how to modify the XML-file that tells town editor what lotsizes can be used.

Here is the link, http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=207.0

I think using that, and my Builder's Island DIY should do the trick, all though there is no room for 3 60x60's in either of my worlds. But right now I'm so busy, that I have no time to do individual requests.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#42 Old 4th Jan 2011 at 8:42 PM Last edited by Envie42 : 5th Jan 2011 at 5:47 PM. Reason: added thanks
Hi armiel, thanks SO much! I'm very sorry I put something inappropriate in the wrong post, thread, etc.. I'm new to the MTS forum community and find the rules / methods a little confusing at times. Thank goodness the site has such a great search function.

I've read a lot of Inge's stuff here so I know this is really helpful info to enable me to do what I need without having to load and learn CAW tool. I think eventually I will be using it - but for now this should help me get a few 60x60 lots for my building project. I can use another playermade world that's blank (Port Jones) and has room for more than one 60x60 - thanks!

EDIT: just wanted to let you know we got Inge's lot editor installed and working great (hubby had to help with the xml editor tool) and I added the missing lot sizes I wanted (40x30 and 60x60) - works great! Thanks and am using DIY builder island for now, will load multiple 60x60 later, one is fine for now. Thanks again for your help.
Field Researcher
#43 Old 21st May 2011 at 4:16 PM Last edited by sciguy77 : 21st May 2011 at 4:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Something I haven't seen anyone mention is how useful this will be in locating bad CC! I have items I just can't find anywhere, but with this tool I can run my stuff through a few pieces at a time and check CAS to see if it shows up. You may not have designed this for that purpose, but you should really get the word out that it can be used for this! There has to be a hell of a lot of people who are tolerating bad CC just because it's such a pain to locate.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#44 Old 3rd Jun 2011 at 3:30 PM
This is great, for building purposes and also for creating a small-town feel neighborhood. I've been looking for a world like this for a while now. Thanks so much :D
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator
#45 Old 14th Sep 2011 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
There is indeed two 20x15 lots (15x20 and 20x15). I was lazy not to list them down separatedly

Please chalk this up to a serious brain fart. Very, very embarrassing! *pink face*
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 20th Sep 2011 at 11:11 AM
Thank you for this! This is perfect for building houses!!!
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator THANKS POST
#47 Old 9th Nov 2011 at 1:31 PM
ulp. I checked the MyDownloads tab and saw that I forgot to say thank you (my excuse: was going "yay yay quicker loading times" and ran off to play with this cool little island).

THANK YOU
Scholar
THANKS POST
#48 Old 5th Dec 2011 at 9:25 AM
Very useful. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#49 Old 2nd Feb 2012 at 6:27 PM
Armiel, I love you for making this!
Such a great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#50 Old 3rd May 2012 at 5:08 AM
Wow!!Finaly no more slow loadings!! 1000 Thanks !!!
Page 2 of 3