Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#8601 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 7:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I thought it was common knowledge, tbh! I wonder if it's because the unspoken rule is that you're supposed to tell creators about GUID conflicts rather than fixing them yourself? So if people go poking around in SimPE to find the problems, they'll be more likely to try and do that. But I don't really think it matters unless you plan on sharing the fixed version online without mentioning that it's been edited, which could lead to multiple versions of the mesh floating around, some of which may have new conflicts with stuff in other peoples downloads that weren't in your own.
Or maybe because 50/50 is a method that works for pretty much all broken files, not just GUID conflicts, so if the OP isn't quite sure if that's the problem, 50/50 will likely catch it anyway.

Yeah, that might be it! It's for sure very useful :-D
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#8602 Old 7th Oct 2019 at 2:34 PM
I keep forgetting that cache files sometimes stop the game from opening.

Like, obviously I’m glad that I got it to open, but come on, something as simple as cache files? I repaired the game and everything so I need to redownload certain things from the program files.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
#8603 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 4:27 PM
I've been sick for a week and haven't had the energy to play my Sims... but never fear! My trusty brain has created a Sim version I can play in my sleep.The main object is to right click on a want to save it, and when I succeed at that (It's quite hard to right click in one's sleep. I often wake up with my finger going up and down on the blanket!), the game goes into fast forward for a while then the wish is fulfilled... Then I have to right click on another wish, all over again. It doesn't seem to matter that I don't know what these wants are or if I even want them fulfilled, I must click on. I've been playing this seemingly non stop in my sleep for a week... I call it Sim Hell! I don't think my brain quite understands what it is about the Sims that I enjoy...
Mad Poster
#8604 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 5:25 PM
Not having time for hobbies like Sims builds (that you like) because you have too many real-life responsibilities (that you don't like) for months and months and months SUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Mad Poster
#8605 Old 9th Oct 2019 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gesine
I've been sick for a week and haven't had the energy to play my Sims... but never fear! My trusty brain has created a Sim version I can play in my sleep.The main object is to right click on a want to save it, and when I succeed at that (It's quite hard to right click in one's sleep. I often wake up with my finger going up and down on the blanket!), the game goes into fast forward for a while then the wish is fulfilled... Then I have to right click on another wish, all over again. It doesn't seem to matter that I don't know what these wants are or if I even want them fulfilled, I must click on. I've been playing this seemingly non stop in my sleep for a week... I call it Sim Hell! I don't think my brain quite understands what it is about the Sims that I enjoy...

++++++
I often have trouble sleeping, and find myself tapping around to find the "go to sleep" button.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#8606 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 3:01 PM
I wish I could either
A) get a job as easily as sims are able to, or
B) get an office job where i am paid to sit at my own laptop and download and sort CC neatly and tidily into well organised folders and have a boss praise me for my good work, despite the fact that this is an utterly ridiculous scenario because it doesn't benefit an employer at all, only me

My simblrIcon credit
Forum Resident
#8607 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Natpop
...despite the fact that this is an utterly ridiculous scenario because it doesn't benefit an employer at all, only me

I mean, unless you're organizing your boss's CC.

You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Mad Poster
#8608 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 6:54 PM
Or do it in your own time and use it to impress the boss with your organizing skills
Alchemist
#8609 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 7:22 PM
Or get a job where the boss is a simmer who will truly appreciate your skills.
Mad Poster
#8610 Old 10th Oct 2019 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by didyouevenmakeasound

Oh no! They're using a terrible default replacement!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#8611 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 4:05 AM
How about get a job that will pay for a butler with cash left over, with just a BA or no degree at all?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Forum Resident
#8612 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 1:24 PM
Do road defaults mess up in apartments when you move someone in, or is that just me?

Mad Poster
#8613 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 1:52 PM
Do road defaults mess up in apartments when you move someone in, or is that just me?

I've never tested, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's on account of the apartment sublots thing.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Forum Resident
#8614 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I've never tested, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's on account of the apartment sublots thing.

I figured it was something like that - do you mean that each family in an apartment is counted as being on a different 'lot' despite living on the same one? Because that was my theory.

Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#8615 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 2:46 PM
Default terrains don't have an issue. The on lot object (rug) which is recolored to look like roads do get deleted when moving the lot or when a new resident rents an apartment. You just need to use the cheats on lot to edit the apartment and replace those objects.
Top Secret Researcher
#8616 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 5:04 PM
I find it quite nice that we still seem to be getting waves of new players here...

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8617 Old 11th Oct 2019 at 10:44 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 12th Oct 2019 at 12:56 AM.
I've just found the missing DVD drive and other bits for my computer that I need to play my Sims. They were in a box in my bedroom, and have been there since I moved in in June, but I'd put other junk on top of them. So I should be able to start playing again as soon as I get them all connected up. I think my Sims 2 disc is inside the DVD drive.

[EDIT] My Sims 2 Double Deluxe disc is in the drive!! With any luck I'll be playing before the weekend is out. Veronaville here I come!! :lovestruc

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#8618 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 12:28 PM

I like the way you think

Side note: I had that random thought bc I was applying for jobs but losing hope...but then on Friday I got to have a phone/video interview with one place! Here's hoping they'll get back to me soon now that the weekend is almost over...otherwise I might go into aspiration failure;

My simblrIcon credit
Mad Poster
#8619 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 4:54 PM
Good luck!!! I hope you get the job.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#8620 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 11:10 PM
Do you need free will to see the desperation animations? All I get is the therapist.
Top Secret Researcher
#8621 Old 13th Oct 2019 at 11:21 PM
They don't do them when they go into full aspiration failure, they do it autonomously when their aspiration is very low but not totally bottom. Pretty sure you need free will yes, but I rarely play without it so I wouldn't know for sure.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8622 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 5:42 AM
I once turned free will off for a posed photo, but my Sims looked so wooden without it that I've never turned it off since. I mean I know I wouldn't like it if somebody turned my free will off. But I play my Sims so carefully that I hardly ever see the desperation animations. I've only ever had two Sims go into aspiration failure, and one of them was due to a known glitch: when I moved the Monty graves to the cemetery, Isabella reacted as if they'd just died.

I did succeed in getting my game running last weekend, and over the last week I've played Andrew and Gloria's lot for a day and a bit: from 8 o'clock on the Friday night to 6 o'clock on the Sunday morning. I'll report the latest news soon soon in the "What's happening in your game?" thread. But late last night Gloria finally maxed her Body skill, so I'm pretty sure she'll get her long overdue promotion on Sunday. (Don't tell me what it is; I want it to be a surprise.) She's been the All-Stars' MVP for a long time now. Physically she's now at her peak. Now professional sportspeople normally reach their physical peak in their mid to late twenties. After that they begin to slow down, though the skill they have acquired can keep them at the top of their game for a few years longer. So, if Gloria is at her physical peak, that would make her about 25-28. But she has a teenage son -- I reckon he must be at least 17 now. So the question is, "How old was Gloria when she had Andrew?" There are some questions that it's better not to ask in The Sims 2!!

One thing is certain: young though she must have been when she had him, she's an excellent mother -- just ask Andrew! He adores his mum!!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#8623 Old 19th Oct 2019 at 7:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I once turned free will off for a posed photo, but my Sims looked so wooden without it that I've never turned it off since. I mean I know I wouldn't like it if somebody turned my free will off. But I play my Sims so carefully that I hardly ever see the desperation animations. I've only ever had two Sims go into aspiration failure, and one of them was due to a known glitch: when I moved the Monty graves to the cemetery, Isabella reacted as if they'd just died.

I did succeed in getting my game running last weekend, and over the last week I've played Andrew and Gloria's lot for a day and a bit: from 8 o'clock on the Friday night to 6 o'clock on the Sunday morning. I'll report the latest news soon soon in the "What's happening in your game?" thread. But late last night Gloria finally maxed her Body skill, so I'm pretty sure she'll get her long overdue promotion on Sunday. (Don't tell me what it is; I want it to be a surprise.) She's been the All-Stars' MVP for a long time now. Physically she's now at her peak. Now professional sportspeople normally reach their physical peak in their mid to late twenties. After that they begin to slow down, though the skill they have acquired can keep them at the top of their game for a few years longer. So, if Gloria is at her physical peak, that would make her about 25-28. But she has a teenage son -- I reckon he must be at least 17 now. So the question is, "How old was Gloria when she had Andrew?" There are some questions that it's better not to ask in The Sims 2!!

One thing is certain: young though she must have been when she had him, she's an excellent mother -- just ask Andrew! He adores his mum!!

I believe Gloria just drank copious amounts of elixir of life before you met her
Forum Resident
#8624 Old 20th Oct 2019 at 11:55 PM
I haven't had much time to play the last few days, but it's been fun finally going through and organizing my photos from my uberhood. They were in one giant pile so I've been going through and organizing them by family. So much easier to find photos now and it was nostalgic to see some of the early photos I took of the sims.

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Mad Poster
#8625 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 12:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lfria
I haven't had much time to play the last few days, but it's been fun finally going through and organizing my photos from my uberhood. They were in one giant pile so I've been going through and organizing them by family. So much easier to find photos now and it was nostalgic to see some of the early photos I took of the sims.

I went a little overboard with my organizing.

Page 345 of 515