1 people viewing
Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#11201 Old 22nd Jan 2022 at 10:54 PM
After losing a week's worth of progress in the memory order of my next upload neighborhood, (because of not backing up and daring to experiment with some things), I'm almost at the same level of progress as before. (90%?) Will I be able to concentrate today that I am willing to go a long way?
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#11202 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 12:36 PM
What exactly was Pleasantsims cancelled over?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#11203 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 1:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Now that the Travellers have visited every vacation destination....I have no idea what to do with them.

Have they got all vacation memories? I had to have them visit each destination a few times before they got them all. They actually ended up seeing the repo man a few times because instead of paying their bills all their money went on travelling. They also put their twin sons up for adoption because they couldn't take them on vacation with them.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Alchemist
#11204 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 2:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
What exactly was Pleasantsims cancelled over?

Go to her tumblr. She posted a very detailed explanation of the whole saga.
Top Secret Researcher
#11205 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
Go to her tumblr. She posted a very detailed explanation of the whole saga.

Wow, that was stupid. The whole situation. Cancel culture needs to die.

Top Secret Researcher
#11206 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 5:58 PM
Had a dream about ts2 (how sad but whatever ) that I played 20 sims crammed in a little starter house and they all had the slacker career. Actually sounds like an interesting challenge, going to play that right now.

Forum Resident
#11207 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 6:57 PM
Geez... I just read the Tumblr post. I heard she was leaving the community permanently, but I didn't know why exactly. There were a bunch of comments on her recent vlog apologising for what she had went through and I was confused. I thought it was something related to her video on Cottage Living; something to do with TS4 fans kicking off.

Didn't think it was related to something from 2017 that actually got nicely resolved... I have aspergers myself and I've had nothing but warm vibes from Cindy. Yes, she got a little frustrated and called someone's face 'dumb,' but it was a spur of the moment thing and she apologised to the person who forgave her. She's human, and humans make mistakes, even if they're in the public eye.

So, random thoughts time! I can't play right now due to BSoD. I've kind of been missing my game; thinking of all sorts of ideas, but can't do them. It's times like these where you take your PC for granted. I'm waiting on it to get repaired

Yeah, I actually had a TS2 dream last night, too. The burglar burned my house down, it was scary!

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Top Secret Researcher
#11208 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 8:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Geez... I just read the Tumblr post. I heard she was leaving the community permanently, but I didn't know why exactly. There were a bunch of comments on her recent vlog apologising for what she had went through and I was confused. I thought it was something related to her video on Cottage Living; something to do with TS4 fans kicking off.

Didn't think it was related to something from 2017 that actually got nicely resolved... I have aspergers myself and I've had nothing but warm vibes from Cindy. Yes, she got a little frustrated and called someone's face 'dumb,' but it was a spur of the moment thing and she apologised to the person who forgave her. She's human, and humans make mistakes, even if they're in the public eye.

So, random thoughts time! I can't play right now due to BSoD. I've kind of been missing my game; thinking of all sorts of ideas, but can't do them. It's times like these where you take your PC for granted. I'm waiting on it to get repaired

Yeah, I actually had a TS2 dream last night, too. The burglar burned my house down, it was scary!

I'm autistic too and agree with you. I wish people would stop trying to "champion" us like this and instead actually just listen to us. This doesn't help anyone. Cindy got frustrated and made a comment which was hurtful (do the people cancelling her think they've never said a hurtful comment? Really?) because she's human and she apologized and the person it was for accepted it and moved on. It was years ago. There's no need for this to have come up again. Autistic people aren't dumb and we can think for ourselves. Some people for reasons i can't understand just like to create drama and cancel people. If you're in the public eye at all you better be perfect. Newsflash to them, no one, including them, is perfect. This is all so ridiculous and I feel awful for Cindy.

My Simblr
He/They
Field Researcher
#11209 Old 23rd Jan 2022 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StrangeTownChick
Now that the Travellers have visited every vacation destination....I have no idea what to do with them.

I'll give you some suggestions:

- if they haven't yet, they could dig in search of the maps for the secret lots, to meet Bigfoot for example!
- they could open a souvenir shop, a tai-chi centre, a dojo for ninja techniques, a massage spa or another business to share what they have learned during their travels!
- they could have a romantic crysis because their marriage was based on their obsession for travelling, and now that they've completed this dream they have nothing that keeps them together.
Forum Resident
#11210 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 5:22 PM
Something I think of sometimes: I love the neighborhoods of the base game and their interpretations too, but aren't people a bit obsessed with making so many versions of the same thing? I would like to see more people creating their own neighborhoods and stories or playing other people's neighborhoods, I think the same about youtubers always playing Pleasantview xD (and I don't mean that they play my neighborhood, I mean the dozens of wonderful neighborhoods what is there to download).
Instructor
#11211 Old 24th Jan 2022 at 5:57 PM
Trying to come up with the least tedious way to take a portrait screenshot of all 62 sims in Coldwater. Thought about doing in in CAS but there's a few second lag in between when I click on each one in the bin and when they appear so it'd take longer than I'd like. In game would work if I find a good well lit spot of the house and then moveobjects them so they're all in the exact same square on the floor for consistency's sake. Dunno, but they're all so unique because I created them with the Pooklet method in Bodyshop so I want to capture their beautiful faces before I begin playing.

Also questioning my obsessive brain for wanting to make 62 sims because that's how many eye colors I have. Like did I really need to use all of them no but I did and now here we are.
Mad Poster
#11212 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 4:48 AM
I want a Name for my medieval fantasy world so I have something to refer to it collectively by, but I can't even come up with a term that one culture from it would use for their world, and there's at least a half-dozen different ones in my head that would all have different names anyway!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Forum Resident
#11213 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 5:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I want a Name for my medieval fantasy world so I have something to refer to it collectively by, but I can't even come up with a term that one culture from it would use for their world, and there's at least a half-dozen different ones in my head that would all have different names anyway!

You could try doing what I do. I think of a word or phrase and then I translate it into Latin with Google Translate (not reliable, but useful for short sentences). Usually in some pieces of media that utilise magic, the spells are usually in Latin, which is why I do that for magical and fantasy settings :D

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Alchemist
#11214 Old 25th Jan 2022 at 6:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Something I think of sometimes: I love the neighborhoods of the base game and their interpretations too, but aren't people a bit obsessed with making so many versions of the same thing?

Absolutely, but I'm also more than okay with the obsession. I like that the community has a shared lore, and I like being able to see characters that I "know" in different settings. But I did spend the morning daydreaming about turning Strangetown into an 1880s mining town, so...
Mad Poster
#11215 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 1:05 PM
Theres been a lot of interesting discussions lately thanks to @NimaSims and @Aspersim posts. This side of the forum feels so lively lately.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Forum Resident
#11216 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 6:52 PM
I've been making some stuff for an Encanto game, and it makes me wish i was better at SC4 because the terrain I made is GOD-AWFUL!! I edited the alpinloch terrain and...yeah no it's not working.

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Lab Assistant
#11217 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 9:20 PM
I have to install SimCity 4 again..

But I was mostly thinking about how ea really didn't use the concept of separates in the game, or anything besides everyday adult female outfits (and setting them to formal) to the full extent. Like, toddlers spend a lot of time in PJs, why is it only like six different of them? They must have noticed while playing but chosen to prioritize five different recolours of a random too formal dress. I know about downloads, and I have corrected the issue but... Still.
Top Secret Researcher
#11218 Old 26th Jan 2022 at 10:02 PM
When the first spring started in my current 'hood, I decided to keep track of which sims have hayfever. Now halfway through the season I've found that it would've been a much shorter list to keep track of those who DON'T.

Trans Rights Are Human Rights

Be careful who you hate; it may be someone you love.
=^..^=
Mad Poster
#11219 Old 27th Jan 2022 at 12:13 AM
I'm working on some better ideas for my Sims 2 records spreadsheet. I think instead of having burninations for mining Sun & Moon rocks, I'll have mineral restrictions and instead have dig limits and burninate any expensive dug-up items, as well as any artifacts on non-artifact worlds. And I think I might burninate treasure chests on worlds without gold or gem deposits, and restrict gold mining to worlds with gold deposits. I might allow limited gem mining on worlds without large gem deposits. The burninate system is just rather... tedious. As for farming, I think on deserts and other not-so-great worlds, I'll have my sims grow the plants inside the house or in a greenhouse. Might have a chance of crop failure each growing season and just burninate affected plants.

Food delivery can be done maybe once per 'season' due to supply freighters, and the freighters can carry in some supplies and colonists depending on how far off the colony is and what kind of state the empire's economy is in. I'm basically making this sort of like Master of Orion, but with limited alien species unless you want the various occults to represent the species from that game.
Instructor
#11220 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 3:15 AM
Two of the playable sims in my custom 'hood Coldwater are named Amelia and Alesha, and despite them having absolutely nothing in common I keep mixing up their names because they're both A names. And on top of that, to make it even harder to get it correct, when I was rolling for who'd be roommates with who (so I have to build 11 houses instead of 22) Amelia and Alesha are roommates
If I ever get their names right I get to eat a whole cake.
Mad Poster
#11221 Old 28th Jan 2022 at 8:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sokisims
Something I think of sometimes: I love the neighborhoods of the base game and their interpretations too, but aren't people a bit obsessed with making so many versions of the same thing? I would like to see more people creating their own neighborhoods and stories or playing other people's neighborhoods, I think the same about youtubers always playing Pleasantview xD (and I don't mean that they play my neighborhood, I mean the dozens of wonderful neighborhoods what is there to download).

I think it's because the premade hoods have stories built in, the characters have had lives before you touch them, and while the custom neighborhoods have the same thing, they aren't as well known so if someone's been playing since Sims2 came out Pleasantview is like eating Mac and Cheese the way you've always had it, not like coming over to Sunny's and finding out that her Mac is whole wheat and her Cheese is a mix of cheddar and smokey gouda, and you look at it and go uh . . . and maybe you love it and maybe the smokey gouda is just plain too much, Sunny! (If anyone ever wondered why my kids won't eat box Mac and Cheese . . .) Starting a new custom neighborhood, it might just be not to your tastes, and there's a certain amount of emotional energy that goes into trying something new whether or not you like it, and an awful lot of us have an awful shortage of emotional energy these years, going back at least to the recession in the late 2000s.

I've noticed I just don't want to bother with new-to-me authors until several friends whose tastes I know I share have vouched for them. Same for music. I don't want to bother with new-to-me games at all. I'd rather play old games and reread old books and listen to old music that I know are good and crochet and all of that. All my spare emotional energy is wrapped up in protecting my kids from current events the best I can--which means trying to help late teens who have been screwed over so bad manage their anger and depression and also explaining current events to the younger siblings, and that with having always home schooled we did shutdowns on easy mode--and I don't have any left for novelty. So if I load into a new neighborhood, right now, and it's not my cup of tea, then I feel dejected about 'wasting' my time playing. And that makes it hard to want to try a new neighborhood. (Why yes, I have been verbalizing this stuff to the kiddos. Let's just play Diablo II, kids, we know how that world ends.)

*goes and makes another cup of Bengal Spice, because she doesn't want to risk trying the new Christmas gift tea and not liking it yet*

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Alchemist
#11222 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 7:00 AM
I feel ya on not being able to play--my computer died a few months ago, like end of summer, and everything I've tried to fix it has failed. I know I'm lucky to afford a bargin laptop to do office type stuff, but I'm still bummed that simming is off the table for now. I tried installing it but the screen tears, so I don't want to risk ruining the new laptop. It's only got an integrated chip. And it's annoying and frustrating because I just spent money on a new graphics card (last year, when it was still crazy expensive) and I've upgraded my computer over the years. So models with ram and a graphics card comparable to what I had are really more money than I should be spending right now. Never mind the crazy expensive models that would be better than my old set up. I had thought to buy a refurbished desktop and put some of my old parts in it (hence the bargin laptop. I'd use that for day to day and work stuff and the other I could keep on Windows 7 and just use for simming), but that's been a nightmare! I bought two and had to send them back because they were not the right size--I thought I was getting a full or mid-size size desktop tower but what showed up were half-size slim towers that won't fit my graphics card. Not sure why it's okay to lie/mislead about product sizing, but apparently that's okay for used computers?

And then, as if that was enough, I'm in constant pain all the time; I think I'm developing sciatica and it just hurts to sit or lie down, like all the time. So even when I can play something, it's slightly miserable because my butt hurts. Not a problem I ever thought I'd have, but just fair warning cuz plenty of us spend a lot if time at our desks, you know? Take it seriously and do get up and move around often, especially if you are working or schooling from home and aren't as active as you used to be. And never wait to replace a bad chair. It absolutely isn't worth it.

Anyway, sorry, didn't mean to start a rant, but clearly I had a lot on my chest. I've just got all this pent up simming energy that I'm not sure what to do with right now. Idk; maybe it's a good time to get into creation and modding. *Shrugs*

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Forum Resident
#11223 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 4:22 PM
I have the lot adjuster but am afraid to use it because there's no visual aids on how the lot changes size until you make the changes and boot up the game. it's going to be guesswork on how to shape/move the lot while booting up the game several times until I get the desired results.
Mad Poster
#11224 Old 29th Jan 2022 at 8:06 PM
Booked my sims into the wrong hotel room while on vacation - removed it per the menu (or thought I did).
I sent a whole family of 7 sims.
Back home they got a message with the mail that their unpaid account has been added to their household accounts, and the total : 21,301 simoleons!
Eh.... what?
Motherlode or Kaching?
Mad Poster
#11225 Old 30th Jan 2022 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
I have the lot adjuster but am afraid to use it because there's no visual aids on how the lot changes size until you make the changes and boot up the game. it's going to be guesswork on how to shape/move the lot while booting up the game several times until I get the desired results.

I name the lot according to what I want to do to it while I'm in the game. So I might call it -5R-5L+10B, (subtract 5 Right subtract 5 Left add 10 Back), and I use it with an AGS with almost no custom content, just the no spawning/anti-crash mods, so it loads fast. (You wouldn't want to do that with an already in-use neighborhood, probably. For building it works much faster.) May I suggest building a 6x6 box of walls on a lot and playing with the adjuster to get more comfortable with it?

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Page 449 of 515