Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 11:24 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default What to heed when Upgrading the Sims 2?
I read the Installation Instructions but it's old and I still have a question to fixes after an upgrade... I played with AL for years and ordered now M&G and H&M Fashion to complete my Collection... I don't want to mess up my Game files...

When I install H&M first it shouldnt do anything to my Graphics right? Cause its older then AL... I just need to change the lighting because of Radiance Lighting, right?

When I then Install M&G I have to reapply GRM on that one, right? and also on the M&G BodyShop? I also have to reapply the 4GB Patch onto Bodyshop? (Not on the Game cause it doesnt work with the Disc version but I wanted to get RPC anyway...)

Backing up all Document Files of course.. . and replace all the light.txt stuff...

Mods that say for AL do they work with M&G too? (Unless they have a M&G Version) Idk how much M&G changes stuff....

Anything else I forgot to keep in mind? Thanks~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 3:49 PM
4GB patch should work with the M&G disc version, so you can try that - but the RPC is an alternative. Patching Bodyshopis a good idea, too. And yes, you'll need to fix GraphicRules for both Bodyshop and the game in the M&G folder (Config and CSConfig folders). backup the Document files, and make sure to mark them as being without M&G and H&M, because if you have to go back to them at some point you'll probably want to know the difference between backups that have M&G/H&M and the ones that don't have them. M&G files can create trouble for a game where that game isn't installed.

Most mods that only say AL will probably work with M&G, but if you notice any issues, see if there's a spesific M&G version.

The lighting mod will need an update.

You can install both packs at the same time, and then do the changes. No need to do change to first one then the other.

Patching, maybe?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 4:52 PM
Thank you very much! When I tried the 4GB patch on the AL.exe but it didn't stick at all no matter what I did and how often... when I got a no CD Crack later it worked perfectly fine.. idk if that has something to do with the Launcher? Or I just had really bad luck... Naming them is problably a good Idea XD Didn't had a thought on that...

I guess I will look through my Downloads first if they have one befor I stick them in again

To the both packs.. it's just that H&M did arrive already and M&G will be here between Monday and wednesday but well I rather will wait

Both Packs have no Patches and I patched all other Packs already when I first installed them... (Glad that I heard that Patches existed when I did that lol)
Mad Poster
#4 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 5:23 PM
LadyDuchess has the NoCD for M&G, if you need that.
(it's required for those who want the features of the RPC without the RPC launcher).
https://lazyduchess.tumblr.com/post...-non-rpc-sims-2 - it's the first link, not SFS/Dropbox.

Make sure you backup the original file first, just in case you get any trouble with this one.