Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*Working* Magazine Rack [UPD 29 jan 2009]

by Numenor Posted 25th Jun 2008 at 11:47 PM - Updated 14th Mar 2009 at 8:49 PM by Numenor : Restored missing attachment

257 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 245 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Top Secret Researcher
#51 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:54 AM
wow, this is just great! my sims' houses will look much cleaner from now on! thank you so much numenor! :D
Top Secret Researcher
#52 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:52 AM
fantastic creation once again!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Forum Resident
#53 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:05 AM
This is amazing! I love that hidden animation. I wonder why Maxis never used it. It looks so funny!

One question though: is there I way to change the new menu in my own language? Because I would like my game to stay consistant.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:17 AM
Undoubtedly like so many others here, I've wanted something like this for forever! Thankyou very much for making it, and creating so many cool features to go with it.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 12:19 PM
Numenor, you are my god. O_O Always giving us what we need the most... Whoa... Great job, thanks a lot! @,-`--
Alchemist
#56 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 2:27 PM
Numenor, this is a great idea and an execution to boot! I also love the new animation.

Just a little question - are these recolourable?

If wishes were fishes we'd all cast nets
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Avaluna
Is there I way to change the new menu in my own language? Because I would like my game to stay consistant.

I've added the following info in the first post:

TRANSLATING THE MENU INTO NEW LANGUAGES
Languages currently included in the racks:
- English
- Italian

How to help me adding new languages:
  • If you never used SimPE:
    1. Download the file "Menu_to_Translate.zip" and extract the text file from it.
    2. Open the txt with Notepad or any other text editor.
    3. Translate all the strings that you find there (ignore the "[Dynamic]" entries) and save.
    4. Post your translated file (zipped) in this thread, or send me a PM including the whole text.

• If you use SimPE (you don't need to download anything):
    1. Open one rack (the vertical or the horizontal, it's irrelevant).
    2. Select the TTAS, and then select your language.
    3. Click "Reveal default language": this will show the English text, to be used as a reference while translating; ignore the "[Dynamic]" entries.
    4. Edit all the lines in the TTAS; commit and save.
    5. Click "Export Lang" and save the text file somewhere.
    6. zip the text file and post it in this thread, or send me a PM including the whole text.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote: Originally posted by Ghanima Atreides
Just a little question - are these recolourable?

Yes, you can recolour separately the rack (the wooden part) and the magazines; you CAN'T recolour the green book (it's green to ensure consistency with the game books).
NOTE: though the two rack use identical textures, you have to create separate recolours for them.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:15 PM
What if I don't want Object Weekly? Because the UI SHOULD HAVE THE ONLY THINGS TO READ IN THE SIMS 2.
Instructor
#59 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:29 PM
Neat feature! Added to favourites in case I ever reinstall my game.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#60 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nelson340
What if I don't want Object Weekly? Because the UI SHOULD HAVE THE ONLY THINGS TO READ IN THE SIMS 2.

the "Object Weekly" is simply a recolour for the visible magazine, it's not included in the pie menu, and you can't actually read it. The texture includes the "Object Weekly" (with Boblishman's face on its cover ) because Boblishman decided so, when he created the mesh & texture for our old rack; and I decided not to remove it as a tribute to him.

But you can create an alternate recolour, very easily, so to make the rack look exactly as you like

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Test Subject
#61 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:48 PM
yet another mod from the mod farther !!!
Test Subject
#62 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 3:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
Big_de123 - Can you please give more details? You sent a sim to do an action on the rack (which action? Is the sim still walking, or has he already started reading?); then, while the same sim is selected (or another sim?), you click again on the rack, and the sim jumps. Correct?
If it's possible, an error log would hel a lot.

Can you tell me also which EP/SP do you have? Your profile says "Games Purchased: Original, University, Nightlife, Open for Business ".

OK, FIXED. Thanks big_de123 for reporting.

I just got Pets and Seasons just a week ago
Test Subject
#63 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:16 PM
Very cool now that will come in very handy!! thanks a lot :D

LaGouLue, because I'm Worth It :)
Test Subject
#64 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:22 PM
This is totally awesome, an item that the we all desperately need. My Sims thank you, and I thank you.
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#65 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:24 PM
Thanks, Numenor! I've started subscribing my sims to all sorts of magazines and I've been running out of space for them all! I'm off to play with this with happy squealing.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:32 PM
Great! Just another little bit of realism to put into my game. LOL.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Theorist
#67 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 4:56 PM
Wahoot! Space saver "A-LA-Numenor!"

Thank-adoodledo-s!

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 5:57 PM
Oh my god, this is amazing!! I can't thank you enough!! I was JUST thinking the other day, I would LOVE to be able to put all these books around my sims library, and now I can! Thank you so much, this was an ingenious idea!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 6:03 PM
Hi,
I've translated the menu to German. (I hope thist hasn't been done yet.)
I also hope the names I've made up won't hurt eyes.

And by the way, this object is totally awesome. :D
Attached files:
File Type: zip  German.zip (1.1 KB, 12 downloads)

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:43 PM Last edited by Numenor : 26th Jun 2008 at 7:55 PM.
Default Update!
Added two more translations

- German (by frizelbliz)
- Spanish (by Man1968)

The updated racks are already online, attached to post #1.

Thanks frizelbliz and Man1968 for your help!!!

Test Subject
#71 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 7:57 PM
Hi, uhm, your kind of like, god, okay?

-squid
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#72 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 9:18 PM
Thanks Numenor! This is great- I always use the great BobL's original magazine rack, so this is a welcome revamp! Amazing work!
Test Subject
#73 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:29 PM
You genius knows no bounds and you continue to to delight with each creation. Thank-you.
Forum Resident
#74 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 10:37 PM
what a wonderful mod Numenor! thank you!
Field Researcher
#75 Old 26th Jun 2008 at 11:53 PM
Awesome! I only noticed last night how many mags have been lying around my Sims' home! You answered a need I didn't even realize I'd had! Thank you!
Page 3 of 11