Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 3:26 AM
Default Edit existing ingame interactions
Hi everyone!

I am starting this thread since I was asking myself if it would be possible to edit an ingame interaction, but without it being a core mod...

For example, I want to create a mod so using the BBQ will not require a fridge, like on the community lot. (So a plate appears out of nowhere ready to be cook)

What I've tried is to clone an object and create a new BBQ mimic and replace the Grill object for a custom one with the same base code, but with some edit.

And as always... nothing happens... No interaction is available.

The only way I've successfully done what I want is by adding an interaction to the BBQ, but that way, I duplicate the available interactions on the BBQ...

So is there anybody that know how I could create a new type/clone BBQ and only have custom interactions available or how I could edit the ingame interaction for whatever I want?

Thanks for your help,

P16
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 7:43 AM
There are different ways to do this. You can replace the interaction. There should be a tutorial on how to do it. I think it was on simlogical so you might need to use the way back machine to find it.
It is basically a pure script mod where you tell the game that oldinteraction.Singleton = newInteraction.Singleton
If you make your own object (which you have) you can also just remove the old interaction I think it is base.RemoveInteractionByType(oldInteraction.Singleton), it's in the cave of the code snippets defininetely (pinned post in this Modding forum)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Jul 2022 at 3:00 AM Last edited by P16 : 1st Jul 2022 at 4:12 AM.
Is there anyone here know how to clone an object without S3OC, because when I clone whatever type of BBQ, the cloned BBQ won't work (the animation doesn't work and the interaction is cancelled...)

Edit: I found that cloning a BBQ on TSR Workshop works perfectly!

Thanks KittyTheSnowcat for the information! I was able to find the info I need and everything is working!