Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Teen Enabled Adult Wants and Woohoo Wants And Woohoo Wants (Updated 7/1/2007)

by syberspunk Posted 27th Jun 2006 at 6:13 PM - Updated 10th Nov 2008 at 1:57 PM by syberspunk : added hack to disable go steady wants for adults

142 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 135 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 8th Aug 2007 at 2:15 AM
Hey Ste, one question, then a quick check to ensure my understanding of the status of any base game version of this mod...

The question: You state that the teen enabled adult wants mod is only useful if you've Teen Woohoo, but isn't it useful as well for InTeen users like myself? I haven't played teens for a long time, but I can't remember InTeen enabling adult wants.

And lastly, a quick rundown...

A)To be safe, always back up before any changes, of course...

B) You now Do plan to create a version of the woohoo wants for the base game, however, there is no ETA, and will happen when it happens...

C) As far as you know, all indications seem to confirm that the teen enabled adult wants mod Will work with the base game, while the woohoo wants may fubar base game only players...and the teen enabled adult wants mod is to be placed in my downloads folder.

D) Since I have Inteen, once I DL the teen enabled adult wants mod then my teen Sims will not only roll adult wants (excluding specifically woohoo wants), they will also be able to act on those wants ...they will be able to woohoo (due to Inteen), they simply won't roll woohoo wants...

E) ...And finally, as I Do want both teen, and adult, enabled "go steady" options, and don't want random flirts, I should DL teenenabledadultwants.package (only)...

Am I good to go?

Thanks so much for your patience, And for your awesome mods!

T

~It takes a village to raise an idiot...~
Test Subject
#77 Old 22nd Sep 2007 at 4:32 AM
update it for bon voyage~thanks
Field Researcher
#78 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 12:04 PM
Can anyone tell me if the Jen flower teen woohoo hack is so teens woohoo with adults and elders or just adults?

I have re-installed the sims 2 and I'm pretty sure they used to.

You expect people to pay for those hairs?!
Banned
#79 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 5:09 PM
My sims just want tell Dirty jokes (!!! I have only the Basegame Tell me how "Back up" And what is EP SP?Tell me every step please Im slow!! (((((
Test Subject
#80 Old 29th Oct 2007 at 8:13 PM
will this ever be updates for bon voyage?
Lab Assistant
#81 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 8:08 AM
I forgot I had this installed, and uploaded a new EP (Bon Voyage). I'm having problems with my wants now, and can't find where I put my backup file; thought it's probably too late at this point anyway. Will I need to reinstall the entire game?
Theorist
#82 Old 7th Nov 2007 at 12:40 PM
Default Backup of Bon Voyage Wants Directory
Quote: Originally posted by Indoor Girl
I forgot I had this installed, and uploaded a new EP (Bon Voyage). I'm having problems with my wants now, and can't find where I put my backup file; thought it's probably too late at this point anyway. Will I need to reinstall the entire game?
Hi Indoor Girl

I have attached an archive of my C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\Wants directory. If you restore these files to your Wants directory you should be back in business. Actually the mod only changed WantTrees.package, but it was just as easy to include the whole directory.

I do not think you will need to reinstall the game. Once you start playing with the default package the wants should start to normalize.

Cheers - David
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BVWants.zip (1.11 MB, 39 downloads)
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 1:47 AM
Thank you so much for this, and such promptness! On question though, it was the WantTrees file from Seasons, and I forgot it in when I installed BV. Will this one work as a replacement in the in the Season's folder? BTW, I have really enjoyed this hack, thank you!
Theorist
#84 Old 8th Nov 2007 at 3:17 AM
I'm 99% sure that the Seasons WantTrees will not be used at all now that you have installed Bon Voyage. But just in case, I have attached the contents of C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Wants
Attached files:
File Type: zip  SeasonsWants.zip (1.08 MB, 28 downloads)
Field Researcher
#85 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 5:58 PM
hey
i have been looking for somthing like this for a long time!
anyways, i can't seem to get it to show up in my game I have seasons as my last installment. I know you said to download it to my wants folder. i'm not sure how to find it! Is there anyways you can help?

~he calls the mansion not a house but a tomb. He's always choking from the stentch and the fume. The wedding party all collapsed in the room, so send my resignation to the bride and the groom~ mcr-to the end
Theorist
#86 Old 22nd Nov 2007 at 8:47 PM
Either when unzipping SEAS-teenenabledwoohoowants.zip itself or by using Windows Explorer later, you need to copy WantsTrees.package to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Wants. You will not see any new object in the game, but the range of wants that teens can have will change.
Field Researcher
#87 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 2:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
Either when unzipping SEAS-teenenabledwoohoowants.zip itself or by using Windows Explorer later, you need to copy WantsTrees.package to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Seasons\TSData\Res\Wants. You will not see any new object in the game, but the range of wants that teens can have will change.

hey thanks.
okay, i found my wants folder and i copied the file into it. whwnever i try to do thw whole "extract file open file" thing i get an enternet page that says "Xml page cannot be displayed"

do you know any way i can fix this?
thanks so much for your help

~he calls the mansion not a house but a tomb. He's always choking from the stentch and the fume. The wedding party all collapsed in the room, so send my resignation to the bride and the groom~ mcr-to the end
Theorist
#88 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 4:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by froggyluvr
hey thanks.
okay, i found my wants folder and i copied the file into it. whwnever i try to do thw whole "extract file open file" thing i get an enternet page that says "Xml page cannot be displayed"

do you know any way i can fix this?
thanks so much for your help
I'm sorry I don't really know. Perhaps try downloading again? Are you able to unzip other files normally?

Of course you don't really want to open the package file, only extract it. Maybe that's the problem: you are trying to open the file as well as extract it.
Field Researcher
#89 Old 23rd Nov 2007 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
I'm sorry I don't really know. Perhaps try downloading again? Are you able to unzip other files normally?

Of course you don't really want to open the package file, only extract it. Maybe that's the problem: you are trying to open the file as well as extract it.

hmm that actually might be the case...
lemme go try again
thanks

Field Researcher
#90 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 9:32 AM
is there any chance this will be updated for bon voyage & freetime?
Test Subject
#91 Old 27th May 2008 at 2:42 AM
I downloaded this, and it worked well, but I decided to get rid of it. I deleted the files in the Wants folder then replaced the files that used to be there. Now my sims do not have any wants. Does anyone know what I could do to fix it?
Field Researcher
#92 Old 28th May 2008 at 9:09 AM
Locate the directory where your game is installed. Usually, and if you accepted the default setting during installation, it should be: "C:\Program Files\EA Games\The Sims 2 <and the name of the latest Expansion Pack>\TSData\Res\Wants". There you should see three files:
- Wants.package
- WantTrees.package
- WantTuning.package

If these files (or one or two of them) are missing, get the original DVD/CD of your latest Expansion Pack, and open the file "compressed.zip" in the DVD's root. Within that ZIP, you will find these original files (if I remember correctly, that is; otherwise, they will be in some other zip file on the DVD). Copy them to the path given above. This should fix the problem.

Let Teens Live Alone With TeenStar PC
Let Teens Adopt A Baby/Toddler/Child
>>> Check my profile page for further hacks <<<
Test Subject
#93 Old 29th Jul 2008 at 9:11 PM
I've got the Vacation expansion pack. which download is the right one? and I can't find the TSData ordner.. I don't understand how to do this????
help!!!!!^^
Test Subject
#94 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 7:12 AM
Okay, so I have Double Deluxe which seems to be a little different than most EPs.

Instead of, like "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Wants"

It's more of a "C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Double Deluxe\" and then there are three folders to choose from. One that says "base" on called "EP2" and one called "SP4" or something.

Which one should I change the want tree for?
Test Subject
#95 Old 16th Aug 2008 at 8:41 AM
"Teen Woohoo is now being maintained by jase439 and can be found here."

If you want the updated version at that link, you'd better get it quick. I think jase439 is closing the site on August 18th.

http://box156.bluehost.com/~aestudi...php?f=14&t=1030
Test Subject
#96 Old 5th Sep 2008 at 5:26 AM
Uh well I've downloaded the file to the C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\<Current EP or SP>\TSData\Res\Wants and it still isn't showing up in the game and I've tried all the versions for the EPs I have. I do have bon voyage on though, would that mess it up?
Test Subject
#97 Old 25th Oct 2008 at 6:26 AM
I can't get onto the blue host site thingy. Can you help? It says HTTP NOT FOUND! I mean its just. UUUUGGGGGHHHH! You know. Please Help

Desperate,
Test Subject
#98 Old 30th Oct 2008 at 12:30 AM
Please i need this hack, where i can find it?that site is close!!!
Test Subject
#99 Old 2nd Nov 2008 at 1:52 AM
Is there any chance that you're planning on updating this for Apartment Life? That would be awesome.
Test Subject
#100 Old 4th Nov 2008 at 4:24 AM
Apparently, the links have timed out, because the Teen Woohoo no longer seems to exist........... XD I've heard they closed the site; is it possible for this to work without the Teen Woohoo or the InTeenimator? (That's so hard to find as well...)
Page 4 of 6