Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Backdoor Lane 10 [NL+OfB] -- Three row houses

by plasticbox Posted 11th Jan 2007 at 5:48 PM - Updated 21st Sep 2008 at 9:40 PM by plasticbox : Addressed questions re. multi-household lots | Reupload

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 77 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Test Subject
#26 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 8:27 PM
I tend to shy away from lots, but this is set is so completely awesome that I can't help myself.
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 10:17 PM
YAY plasticbox-where have u been hiding? Great to see more fantastic work up from you, newbie road series was a hit with me, but these have blown me away. Downtown here i come!
Field Researcher
#28 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 10:40 PM
I like these, they remind me of some I've made.

As for the separate house deal, I've had moderate success with the smart door from tunaisafish. They are http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=129124. See if that helps out a bit.

Sims 2 Rotation Blog Pleasantview Sucks
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 12th Jan 2007 at 11:46 PM
Oops, so much feedback. Thanks for the feature! =)

I'll add a note to the original post about multi-household lots (won't repeat that here), thanks for pointing out that this is an issue worth addressing. Thanks also to mdhttr323 and That20issmokin for providing assistance here and here (posts #25 and #28 of this thread).

Other than that:

LaVieBoheme and others: I can't help you with Q-Xpress troubles I'm afraid, I don't even have it myself and I know zilch about it. Check out http://qxpress.modthesims2.com/ , perhaps?

gothsimone, the extra mailboxes and other things are from frillen's collection mentioned in the original post (under "Thanks"). Very, very useful =). I've also used windkeeper's OfB Craft Objects collection on this lot, to be found here: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=138087 (forgot to include that in the thanks note, but I'm grateful nevertheless).

OK. Off now to address the multi-household questions. Thanks for the feedback, everyone!

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 4:00 AM
they are nice and all, but because the lot is large, it totally lags the game. But thats just me.
Top Secret Researcher
#31 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 5:00 AM
This lot is amazing! Thank you for sharing, downloading now.
Test Subject
#32 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 5:39 AM
i am a great fan of ur houses and i agree with everyone about these houses looking real,
Test Subject
#33 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 11:52 AM
One of the apartments has an octopus in it's yard.. It sprays out water and sims will gather around and play around it. I've never seen that thing before :S Is it by maxis? And if it is, could someone tell me where to find it in the buy mode because i couldn't copy it and I didn't find it from any categories. I checked the aspirations too. And that house is great by the way!
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 12:39 PM
I'm having problems downloading your lot. I too get an error saying "This is not a Sims2pack file! Possibly corrupted?" error log when using Q-Xpress. I tried downloading the zip file but I get redirected to the "file not found" page =(

Anyone else having this problem? This is a great Lot I would love to have in my neighbourhood though, so I'll try again later.

(O_o)/") hi!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#35 Old 13th Jan 2007 at 12:57 PM
reaalgirl112, that's an OfB craftable object, you can't buy it. (You make it in-game with the toy making bench)

bibicat, yes try again later -- this is a site-wide issue, other people have problems downloading too if you look at Site Issues etc ... either that or your connection, it's not the file in any case.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Forum Resident
#36 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:30 AM
Thanks for this lot! It gives more reality for suburbs. Well done, great work!
hexameter
Field Researcher
#37 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 4:46 AM
Plasticbox, your city lots are giving me the itch to make a new hood just for them...darn you! Great job!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Jan 2007 at 6:00 PM
Good to hear that, Jade. Thanks!

Lab Assistant
#39 Old 21st Jan 2007 at 5:46 PM
OH, i see! this is a sims2 package! i just realized it! Guys, download it in zip and open the file that comes out..it'll just download it for you!
Test Subject
#40 Old 31st Jan 2007 at 12:16 AM
Has anyone found out why the errors keep coming up?

It really aggravates me, never being able to download a single backdoor lane house

If you have a good heart, a crown and a golden shoe,- you can be a Princess too

What matters most is how you see yourself

Tomorrow is a new day,- nothing will be different
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 3:10 AM Last edited by chatwwillow : 7th Feb 2007 at 3:16 AM. Reason: continue message
Error in Downloading
I've been looking for something like this. Your creativity is Fantastic. Keep up the excellent work. =o)

I'm having trouble with mine download too. Same message as bibicat
~Willow~
Lab Assistant
#42 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 5:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LaVieBoheme
I've been trying to install all of your latest lot downloads and each time I do I get an error from Q-Press that says none of your stuff is a simspack file. Am I being stupid and doing something wrong?

I got same prob, but try install them manual (i do) that works

http://paradox-symphony.deviantart.com

If you like my creations then please rate and comment. I love feedback :D
Test Subject
#43 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 2:58 AM
I know this has been answered but im still not getting it. So to use the houses seperatly...lock the doors. got that. but wouldnt that A. mean i have to play with everyone?(i turn free will off i find it highly annoying letting sims do what they want. they make stupid decisions) b. max out my allowed number of sims? c. how does a townie live on the lot without needing to play?

sorry for my dumb questions if you want pm me the answer <.< ill download this entire set anyway because i think its great. not your fault im clueless!! thankyous!

Just and ordinary girl on a never ending road trip.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 17th Feb 2007 at 11:17 AM
inuyasha_love:

A - Yes. If you don't play with free will, you'll have to tell your sims what to do. All of them.
B - not necessarily, why? You could also have some single-sim households on the lot.
C - If you're referring to the OP, I said *former* townies.

Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:16 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 2nd Mar 2007 at 5:37 PM.
Everyone who's had problems downloading (empty sims2pack files): We're currently trying to narrow down the problem in this thread: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222349 -- input appreciated.

ETA: Seems like this is solved, see the update in the OP.

Test Subject
#46 Old 24th May 2007 at 12:37 AM
When i installed it on my game, on the last house it has a basement, but the basement seems to be filled with water, is anyone else having that problem.
Test Subject
#47 Old 25th May 2007 at 1:35 PM
Genious, absolutely genious. Thank you so much !!!
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 2:35 AM
Yay! These are wonderful. I always kinda start families with two sims (man/woman) living on two separate lots till they fall in love, or do the "courting" kind of thing. Now they can live "next door" to each other, and i dont have to worry about them aging at different rates. This is such and amazing and ingenious idea.... but i dont have OfB, so im gonna download your other one which is equally amazing!

P.S. something you might want to change in the thread: You keep saying how you need OfB to lock doors for one person/familiy/household only... type thing, but this is actually a feature you don't need OfB for. I only have nightlife and pets, and i can use this feature. Or maybe you mean EP's OfB and up? I got pets first before nightlife when i noticed it, so that might be the case... either way, it is not only OfB specific ^_^

Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful lots!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th Jun 2007 at 6:11 AM
Thanks for the info re. the doorlocking thing, vintagepksweetie -- that feature was introduced with OfB, but if it works for you it seems to have been included with later EPs.

Not actually evil.
#50 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 5:36 PM
Just wonderful! Reminds me of England.
Page 2 of 4