Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Filet Mignon (Restaraunt Meals at Home Series)

by Morague Posted 29th Jun 2007 at 2:21 AM - Updated 11th Dec 2008 at 5:59 AM by Morague

30 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 5 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 2:48 AM
Yay! Thank you for posting this series!
Instructor
#3 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 3:09 AM
More brilliant food. Thanks very much.

Retired...

kind of.
Test Subject
#4 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 4:53 AM
Your hard work is certainly very much appreciated. I love all of your food series. My Sims and I thank you! *tries to hit the thanks button 1000 times*
Forum Resident
#5 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:07 AM
nicely made!

Life is random - expect the unexpected!
Sims 3 Creations
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 2:55 PM
hellow ~~!!this is good food!
but i have one problem
food need put where ??
i always put "dowloads"
but i can't see in the game
can you tell me please!!
Thank you very much
Scholar
#7 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:17 PM
Another excellent restaurant food ! Thank you a lot Morague !!

All of nature is within us and we are part of all nature (Chief White Cloud)
Space Pony
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 12:06 AM
f3david,

It goes in the downloads folder. If you can't see it - do you have Nightlife? If yes, then does the sim have the necessary cooking skill to make the food? For the filte they need level 5
Test Subject
#9 Old 30th Jun 2007 at 4:57 PM
oh !!Thank you very much
i can saw that
this is really good i like this food
Thx^^
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 8:53 AM
Where i can find, that old restaurant meals file? I want to delete it, but i can't find it.
What is the name of that file?
Space Pony
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jul 2007 at 9:24 AM
Linuxete - it should be just called FiletMignon.package or perhaps SquingesFiletMignon.package but it will definitely say it's FiletMignon.
Scholar
#12 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 11:07 AM
I'm not sure if this has been mentioned... I play the game in UK english, and all these foods show up on pie menues as Pork Chops. I'm assuming you just need to update the language strings.
They work fine otherwise; it's just hard to find out what you're cooking in advance.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Space Pony
Original Poster
#13 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 12:25 PM
Gwillewyn,

Thanks for letting me know - I was positive I checked that but i'll revisit it tomorrow & fix it - i may have missed the filet :/
Scholar
#14 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 2:50 PM
On closer inspection, it looks like they work on the Grill..., Make... and Make Many... menues, but not on Serve Dinner... and Have Dinner...
That goes for all four meals btw.

"Even the computer industry failed to see the importance of the Internet, but that's not saying much. Let's face it, the computer industry failed to see that the century would end." - Douglas Adams
Space Pony
Original Poster
#15 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 11:33 PM
I've just checked all of the packages & they are all set up for the other languages.

This is just weird - part of it's working but part isn't. There is only one menu so it should either work or not but it shouldn't partially work. The only thing I can think of would be that perhaps you have older copies somewhere - maybe in a different folder?
Scholar
#16 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 11:13 AM
I've checked with custom fridges and maxis fridges; always the same result.
The text strings show correctly on make, make many, and grill, but on the have dinner and serve dinner they show as Pork chops, Pork Chops, Pork Chops and Salmon.
I have no other custom foods at all.

I can't think of anything other than the language difference between UK and US that could possibly cause this.

The meals work fine; they can be made, it's just the text strings. I can live with that.

Space Pony
Original Poster
#17 Old 9th Jul 2007 at 10:38 PM Last edited by Morague : 10th Jul 2007 at 3:55 AM.
Gwillewyn,

Thanks for checking for the extra copies. I think I have it figured out, but, can you download & test the new package I just put up? FiletMignon_Foreign.

I'd really appreciate your feedback. I really want to get these to display the right things!
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Jul 2007 at 12:55 AM
Just wanted to post a quick thanks for the collection of meals you have created. You did a wonderful job and we really appreciate the time you took.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 6:44 AM
You have made so many wonderful additions to our meals, but I only just discovered you and your creations today, so I figured I would post all of my thanks here in your latest food creation.

It's amazing all of the things we can add to our game thanks to the wonderful creators who share their work with us, but I never even thought much about food. There are a few other rare game additions that gave me the feeling, "Wow, I never thought this could be changed - amazing!" And this is one such genre. Now I have a much more varied and realistic menu, reflecting many tastes from the refined to the lazy, and I owe you many, many thanks. Typed words are so limited to express how much I appreciate and love your work, but alas, typed words are all I have - and of course I can thank you and others by supporting this wonderful site that makes it all possible!

Thank you very, very much!
Lab Assistant
#20 Old 25th Mar 2008 at 3:04 PM
Yummy..thanks..
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Apr 2008 at 3:21 PM Last edited by Lorea : 1st May 2008 at 11:01 AM.
It's really great!

But in my non-english game there are english options on the fridge: Have dinner.. and Serve dinner, Have dessert, Serve dessert.. and these foods (the whole series) are in these english menus. I have also these options in my game language (non-english) with the other (original) foods.
Since then I solved this problem with SimPe.
Field Researcher
#22 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 7:13 AM
Wonderful work! Me and my simmians thank you!

Wow, it's beautiful outside. I should probably do something....

Like close the blinds on my window so there isn't a glare on my computer screen.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 15th Oct 2008 at 4:38 PM
Awesome. Thank you for this series
Lab Assistant
#24 Old 19th Mar 2009 at 6:26 AM
Thanks a lot!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#25 Old 1st Sep 2011 at 1:14 PM
I didn't like the non-animated versions, so thank you!
Page 1 of 2