Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#126 Old 28th Apr 2009 at 7:16 AM
In my maths class, the room is divided up into three sections. A column of two tables on either side, and then a column of four tables in the middle. I sit in the middle with three friends. Today I took a different friend in another class to the nurse because she was feeling really sick and could barely stand up, so she needed someone to support her. I got to class five minutes late with a note so I didn't get in trouble, but lo and behold, someone had taken one of the middle desks and moved it to the side, so there was now three seats on the outside and three on the inside. It just so happened that it was my desk.
So, I went and sat at an empty desk behind a friend of mine who is rather chatty and doesn't get much work done. She just turned around and talked to me for the entire lesson, so I couldn't hear what the teacher was saying. The desks in our school aren't meant to be moved from the set up the teachers make, because otherwise situations like this happen.
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 1st May 2009 at 4:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rabid
Dissections are foul, but I've learned that it's best to defer all the work to your partner if you're morally opposed. You'll miss a huge lab and the alternative assignment probably won't be fun, not to mention that there's a lot of valuable information to be had from a dissection. I dissected a rat in my biology class (had to skin it, too) and a cat in my anatomy class, neither of which was fun in the least, but it was a good learning experience. I think the worst things I've ever dissected were the frog and the starfish- the frog had caviar in it and the starfish smelled like brine.

Are the cats KILLED especially for the purpose of dissection? Urhh, I'd never be able to dissect. I'm extremely squeamish. .
We have a thorpe park trip coming up, and my friends all got into one day together, but my other friend is in a group with no one she knows . They said they wont change it either, I think that's mean. I chose to go to skiing instead ;D

LJ♥
Call me Lily :).
I'm beginning to upload some of my sims online..please go check them out here :).
Instructor
#128 Old 2nd May 2009 at 2:18 PM
The really advanced students (myself included) had to dissect a frog individually when we were sophomores. It wasn't the cutting that I was afraid of, but it was the catching, holding, pithing and "sleeping" that I had a hard time doing.

My long overdue rant (this happened last March): How will an investigatory project turn well if your partner doesn't do her share and chooses to make excuses?
Mad Poster
#129 Old 4th May 2009 at 11:39 PM
The fact that I'm at school, we have Music Theory, Audio Theory, PE and the 'tard course. (Which, I might add, is REALLY not for me. I'm in it for the free food. :p) I think that's worth a vent, though it is rather pointless.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
#130 Old 5th May 2009 at 6:44 AM
I haaaaaaaate my World Issues class. It's absolutely ridiculous. I'm in that class to learn about issues going on in the world, but all that happens is that my teacher forces her opinions on us, and we don't get any textbook information. Plus, half my class is rowdy and doesn't even want to be in the class, so the teacher spends half the lesson yelling at them, and half the lesson telling us what she believes and not giving us any facts. Last term I was doing a speech on our current terrorism policy, and the teacher got up in the middle of my speech, during the part that was meant to be opininated, and just took over! I didn't get a chance to tell the class what I thought. It's such an annoying class, because even though I love the subject, I hate my teacher.
#131 Old 5th May 2009 at 2:35 PM
I am not motivated enough to do my assignments. Maybe I should stop sitting at home so much.
Mad Poster
#132 Old 8th May 2009 at 8:57 PM
I just want to tear my hair out- my AP Exams are in six days and I've been studying for two weeks, but I feel like I don't even know where to start. I feel like I know the information pretty well, but I know from AP Bio that the format of the test and the time constraints are more stressful than the test itself. I'm going to Star Trek tonight, but after that, I'm locking myself in the house for the rest of weekend to study and not coming out .

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
#133 Old 9th May 2009 at 9:47 AM
I know that I'm gonna have to start doing counseling, just because I can't keep my fucking mouth shut. It's a long story, trust me.

This allows me to see into the minds of people! That's right, I can actually see what they're thinking!
So long as what they're thinking is exactly what I think they're thinking.
Mad Poster
#134 Old 10th May 2009 at 10:54 PM
My maths assignment is due tomorrow, and I'm really struggling to finish it. I've had my grandparents visiting down from Queensland over the weekend, and I've been spending time with them, so I haven't been able to finish the assignment. Plus, it's maths. And I suck at maths. So, either way, I'm going to do badly on it.
Plus, my Japanese teacher is being unreasonable. In our class today we have to do a speaking test, which is very easy for me, but we have to do it in parnters, and we have to write a script out. We got last week to start on the script, but my partner and I only got to work on it for half an hour in total whilst other groups got about four hours. My partner texted me this morning saying that it would be better if I just wrote the script because of my Japanese skills. Problem is, I have a whole lot of other assignments, and I refuse to do her work. I'm just going to write out my part and she can make hers up, even if it does make us lose marks. I'm already on 103% in Japanese as it is. I can stand to lose a couple of marks.
Mad Poster
#135 Old 10th May 2009 at 11:02 PM
Ugh, we just learned a new French tense on Friday and now I have to memorize all fourteen irregular stems along with the endings by tomorrow for a test. And, for newspaper, we're having the yearly issue where the seniors do absolutely nothing and pass the torch to the underclassmen. The opinion editor is a senior, so I'm stuck with the layout work for the opinion page. Not only is it time consuming, but I did two years of yearbook layout and I know that I don't like it. I know how to use InDesign, so it's not like they need to show me the ropes. They couldn't have picked a worse week to dump this on me, and I feel like I'm letting the editors down because I have almost no time to devote- I tutor second graders two days a week and I'm buried in studying for my AP exams right now. Any other week would have been better.

Test Subject
#136 Old 21st May 2009 at 10:19 AM
Grr... I'm so stressed out right now!

I'm about to graduate from high school, but in order to do that I have to pass my final exams (duh). So I'm (almost) halfway there, but I screwed up one of my exams and I HAD to get a normal grade on that one if I wanted to graduate cum laude (in the Netherlands the average of all your grades has to be an 8 out of 10). My next exam is in a few days (chemistry) and since it's not my best subject I'll have to study my ass off. And then I have two options: I can retake my biology exam (the one I screwed up badly) or I can try and get a reallyreallyreally good grade on my math exam.

And on top of that my parents are saying that I am pressuring myself too much and that I shouldn't get my hopes up. Why can't they support me and tell me I CAN do it instead of telling me to take it easy and relax?

Exam time sucks!
Test Subject
#137 Old 21st May 2009 at 5:15 PM
i got out of school last week(after exams)!! woop woop
now i can make more houses! btw exams r NOT that hard!
Mad Poster
#138 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 11:12 AM
*revives thread*

Ick. I feel like I'm wasting my time with this assignment. I suppose some background information is necessary.

Most of my Modern History class, though they are convinced that they are superior, advanced and accepting beings, are ignorant baffoons, and I mean that in the nicest way possible. They feel they are accomodating to all races, sexes and sexual orientations, but they really aren't. They use the term "gay" as a derogatory term, and then think that homosexuals are "gross" or other offensive terms. This infuriates me to no end, but they won't stop, even if people ask them nicely to stop using the term. Anyway, back onto the story before I get immensly side-tracked.

In my class, we were asked to research a particular decade in groups of 5 or 6. The decade my group was alocated was the 1970's, so we broke up the research between us, and part of my research is the study of the gay rights movement in the 70's. After doing a lot of research on the topic, I wrote up a two page timeline involving a lot of hard work and facts about how the world was changed by the movement. Just as I finished, I realized something.

What.Is.The.Point?

The people in my class are going to ignore my efforts and talk through my presentation, because they don't believe that homosexuals should have equal rights, and because they are homophobes. I'm pretty shattered about it because I've put a lot of work into this, and I know this is going to happen
Mad Poster
#139 Old 27th Aug 2009 at 12:04 AM
Apparently over the summer, the co-editors of the newspaper were holding meetings with the designers to discuss how the paper should operate. No one had the consideration to invite the writers, which encompasses more than half of our staff, and it makes me absolutely furious. The editors constantly bemoan how we don't jump in, but it's because of occurrences such as this- either we don't know when to jump in or the opportunity is never presented. I want to be opinion editor this year, but even though it's almost certain that I'll get the job because no one else wants it, I worry that things like this will hurt my chances even though it was in no form or fashion my fault. I was hoping that, being an upperclassman, I would no longer have to slog through the trenches to get a good position and good stories, but it seems like I was sorely mistaken.

Field Researcher
#140 Old 17th Nov 2009 at 2:20 AM
Yeah, when I was in newspaper, before I recently switched schools, the editors took over everything. It was like the the rest of the staff had to go out and interview people and whatnot that nobody wanted to do, and we were constantly nagged at to do our pages just in the end to see that the editors changed them to the way they wanted them to look. I always go the horribly boring pages to.
I pretty much gave up on that class.

Oliviaaaa
5511<3
Mad Poster
#141 Old 7th Mar 2010 at 2:43 AM
Threadcromancy!

My physics teacher doesn't assign homework. As such, no one understands the material come test day. I had an A in the class prior to a test, but when I got a B on the test, my grade dropped to a B. I've done everything in my power short of hacking the online gradebook to get it up, but there's simply nothing that can be done- the test is weighted too much. This makes me furious. I understand that tests are necessary, but it's also necessary to have a buffer that softens their blow, especially when tests are weighted at 50% of the grade for science curriculum. What really bothers me in this situation is the dreaded B. I simply do not get B's. To me, a B is equivalent to an F. I've never gotten a B on a report card in my lifetime, and I'm not about to start now. It's bringing my 4.1 GPA down to a 3.8, too. It makes me utterly, utterly furious that I cannot possibly turn this around.

Banned
#142 Old 29th Mar 2011 at 8:50 AM
i hate the stupid school block unstuiadle sites progam it is so annoying
Forum Resident
#143 Old 1st Jul 2011 at 7:57 PM
I hated my Homeroom teacher this year,she was such a b****.
Forum Resident
#144 Old 16th Sep 2011 at 2:25 AM
My teachers are on a strike,possibility for school on Saturdays.
Top Secret Researcher
#145 Old 7th Mar 2012 at 11:28 PM
I hate blocking systems (this blocks stuff on the internet at school) It blocks the word bubble and also blocks this thread. It blocks many more thinks to.

one other the problems is that my head teacher is so animated in everything she does making her seem like she never cares anything save money and Exam results !

"I know, and it breaks my heart to do it, but we must remain vigilant. If you cannot tell me another way, do not brand me a tyrant!" - knight commander Meredith (dragon age 2)

My sims stories: Witch queen
Nocturnal Dawn

Page 6 of 6