Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:13 AM
Default The BS BSL
A shocking list of 75 dog breeds has surfaced, I'm not sure how long ago, but I just found out about the list today. This list IS NOT A JOKE! IT IS REAL and HAS BEEN ENFORCED ALREADY!!!

The List:
1. AIREDALE TERRIER
2. AKBASH
3. AKITA
4. ALAPAHA BLUE BLOOD BULLDOG
5. ALASKAN MALAMUTE
6. ALSATIAN SHEPHERD
7. AMERICAN BULLDOG
8. AMERICAN HUSKY
9. AMERICAN PIT BULL TERRIER
10. AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER
11. AMERICAN WOLFDOG
12. ANATOLIAN SHEPHERD
13. ARIKARA DOG
14. AUSTRALIAN CATTLE DOG
15. AUSTRALIAN SHEPHERD
16. BELGIAN MALINOIS
17. BELGIAN SHEEPDOG
18. BELGIAN TURVUREN
19. BLUE HEELER
20. BOERBUL
21. BORZOI
22. BOSTON TERRIER
23. BOUVIER DES FLANDRES
24. BOXER
25. BULLDOG
26. BULL TERRIER
27. BULL MASTIFF
28. CANE CORSO
29. CATAHOULA LEOPARD DOG
30. CAUCASIAN SHEPHERD
31. CHINESE SHAR PEI
32. CHOW-CHOW
33. COLORADO DOG
34. DOBERMAN PINSCHER
35. DOGO DE ARGENTINO
36. DOGUE DE BORDEAUX
37. ENGLISH MASTIFFS
38. ENGLISH SPRINGER SPANIEL
39. ESKIMO DOG
40. ESTRELA MOUNTAIN DOG
41. FILA BRASILIERO
42. FOX TERRIER
43. FRENCH BULLDOG
44. GERMAN SHEPHERD DOG
45. GOLDEN RETRIEVER
46. GREENLAND HUSKY
47. GREAT DANE
48. GREAT PYRANEES
49. ITALIAN MASTIFF
50. KANGAL DOG
51. KEESHOND
52. KOMONDOR
53. KOTEZEBUE HUSKY
54. KUVAZ
55. LABRADOR RETRIEVER
56. LEONBERGER
57. MASTIFF
58. NEOPOLITAN MASTIFF
59. NEWFOUNDLAND
60. OTTERHOUND
61. PRESA DE CANARIO
62. PRESA DE MALLORQUIN
63. PUG
64. ROTTWEILER
65. SAARLOOS WOLFHOND
66. SAINT BERNARD
67. SAMOYED
68. SCOTTISH DEERHOUND
69. SIBERIAN HUSKY
70. SPANISH MASTIFF
71. STAFFORDSHIRE BULL TERRIER
72. TIMBER SHEPHERD
73. TOSA INU
74. TUNDRA SHEPHERD
75. WOLF SPITZ

I have a Boxador (Boxer Lab mix) and unfortunately BOTH breeds are on this list!!! UGH!!! I cannot express my hate for such foolish acts in mere words or phrases...If you or anyone you know has ANY of the breeds listed above please know and let it be known that is is only a matter of time before the unthinkable happens to your beloved pet! That being the seizure and possible euthanization of your pet. I know it is hard to read all the way through without choking back tears, but, please read the following story of how a family was affected by the BSL:

"On August 5, 2008, a hearing officer employed by the city of Denver deemed "Coco," the beloved companion of Desiree Arnold and family, a "pit bull" under the city's pit bull extermination law.
Doug Kelley, director of the Animal Control and Care Division for the City of Denver, has refused requests to allow Coco to be removed from Denver and to be taken in by another loving family. Kelley insists that Coco must die. Ms. Arnold expects Coco to be killed today.
Ms. Arnold and others will gather at the Municipal Animal Shelter at 678 S. Jason Street at 4:00 p.m. today to hold a brief memorial for Coco."
Sadly Coco was killed.

It is so hard for me as a dog lover/owner to comprehend how anyone could have willingly enacted such a vicious, unfair, and cruel act such as the BSL.... The BSL has spread throughout the globe like a crazed wildfire. But it's not too late to stop it once and for all! Please help to stop it by voting responsibly.

All that being said, what are your thoughts of the BSL?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Aug 2009 at 2:28 AM
To begin with, Labs are one of the most good natured breeds of dog there is, so it's ridiculous to put them on any kind of list that labels them a problem. Where I live, they don't determine problem dogs by breed, they determine them by individual temperament. Determining an animal must die solely because they are a specific breed puts lawmakers into the same category of that infamous group from WWII led by a man named Adolf Hitler...the Nazis...who euthanized people based on their "breed". If I remember my history correctly (and I most assuredly do), they (the Nazis) were tried for war crimes and many put to death. There are enough animal activist groups in the mix that at some point this will become an issue and people will start pressuring lawmakers to either stop the nonsense or we'll vote them out. We *do* have that option.

Beware of Elves giving wedgies.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Sep 2009 at 11:56 AM
I HATE idiots!!! And I especially hate it when someone says that pitbulls are bad dogs! This article was pulled from a site and this is word for word what it actually says:

"It was difficult to choose a specific case where a Pit Bull has turned on its master, as they are responsible for as much as 60% of the fatal dog attacks in the U.S. alone (ref). But in 2007, 42-year-old Tina Marie Canterbury from Middleburg, Fla. was attacked and killed by her two dogs, before they themselves were shot and killed by police. These Pit Bulls were raised by the kind and gentle woman, and never showed any signs of aggression up until that point. Both of Tina’s sons tried to stop the dogs, one of which was attacked and bitten in the throat. Thankfully he survived. “We have two full-blooded red-nosed pits and they just attacked our mom,” was recorded during the frantic 911 call. Pit Bulls have been banned from Ontario and Winnipeg in Canada, as well as in over 20 major cities across the United States. Many people defend Pit Bulls, saying their aggression is the result of an abusive environment, but as the case of Tina Marie Canterbury demonstrates, sometimes they’re just bad dogs."

The part that gets me is the last 5 words of the last sentence...
What was that?! "Sometimes they're just BAD dogs?!" Seriously?! That makes me irate! There is no such thing as a 'bad' dog, just stupid people!!! As I once read, dogs don't think, they just react to their current situation...Which means that even though they were raised with a kind and gentle hand that they reacted to something she did, obviously in a negative fashion...Why should they be punished for acting upon instinct? She clearly did something to provoke these dogs, and since dogs are pack animals they both attacked her...They obviously did not see her as a pack leader, or they WOULDN'T have done that! I really hate how people kill animals because of what they do! So a dog reacts to its situation, attacks and kills a person and is therefore killed...However a person kills a pregnant woman and go to jail for 10 years...What kind of BS is that?! People need to understand that dogs function differently than we do...They do not think like we do, they do not interact like we do, they do not remember like we do...They just do, they are dogs and live by instinct not by remorse or conscience...DOGS ARE NOT PEOPLE AND SHOULD NOT BE TREATED AS SUCH!!! Now don't get me wrong I'm not saying that they shouldn't get love and affection, but I am saying that they need rules, guidelines and a firm handler...You can't molly coddle a dog it's whole life, give it no kind of rules, and expect it to understand what to do in a certain situation...The following link is to a story about how a dog that was well on his way to being adopted was killed because people did not understand him...

http://www.dogbreedinfo.com/articles/shelterdogs.htm

It's a hard story to read that choked me up the first time I read it (it still does)...It's because of ignorance like that, that perfectly normal dogs are deemed 'bad' and are ultimately euthanized...STOP THE IGNORANCE AND THE STEREOTYPES, IT'S NOT FAIR TO THE DOGS!!!