Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Same energy gain for any bed

by Marhis Posted 4th Mar 2009 at 8:30 AM - Updated 12th May 2009 at 9:18 PM by Marhis : Chosen as personal pick

87 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 70 Feedback Posts, 16 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 9:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sstardog
Just one hitch, what about the beds that have ultra high energy ratings

My hack bypasses completely any value of energy gain built in the bed: low or high doesn't matter, it will not be read by the game at all.
Quote: Originally posted by Tom420
I have a clarification question. I understand that adults gain 40/hour and children gain 28/hour. What is the maximum?

That value (40) is pretty much the maximum: beds with energy score 8-10 (in the catalog) have an actual energy gain rate of 36-40 per hour. The reason why I mention a range of values, instead of a more schematic table, is that there are some inconsistencies in Maxis' beds: some beds have a score of 10 but the same energy gain rate of others with a score of 8, and so on.
In short, what is the average sleep time of each?

It would look very realistic to me if it was about 9 hours for children and 7 hours for adults.

Actually I didn't take into account a specific number of hours for sleep, and its realism; I just wanted to be sure that the sims will sleep past midnight/1 am. At that point, they will continue to sleep until 6 am even if their energy bar is already full (and of course if you don't wake them up).

Anyway, I think it can be calculated: the "energy distress" value is -60 and the maximum is 100. If the sim gains 40 points per hour, then it will take circa 3-4 hour to refill their energy bar: they can go to bed at 2-3 am and wake up autonomously at 6-7 am.
Setting half the value (20/hour) should then require the sims to sleep for 7-8 hours.
You can do it yourself easily, and also test other values: in this hack, the energy gain rate value is stored in a BCON, and it's labeled, so you can modify that value as you want, and test it.

P.S. WOW featured! Thank you!
Field Researcher
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2009 at 11:22 PM
Thank you Marhis. Although I now realize my original question was not phrased correctly, you gave me a clear answer in the second part. Now that you mention that the value is a BCON, I will sure look into that an test different values. I often avoid buying expensive beds because I think it isn't realistic that my Sim having a party until 2am is fully replenished for job at 7am. I'd prefer that they suffer the consequences of their actions lol

If I end up with value I like, would you like to post my version with yours on this thread or would you rather let me upload my modified version as my own?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 8:05 AM
If I end up with value I like, would you like to post my version with yours on this thread or would you rather let me upload my modified version as my own?

Just do what you prefer, really.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#29 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 3:47 PM
Nice mod - but if all you want to do is prevent children (and other sims) getting up in the middle of the night, use Inge Jones' sleep later hack.
Test Subject
#30 Old 23rd Mar 2009 at 11:11 PM
Thanks for this.
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 24th Mar 2009 at 10:19 AM
Awesoms Job just what I was wanting! Thanks !
Test Subject
#32 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 12:19 AM
Genius! Thanks so much!
Instructor
#33 Old 25th Mar 2009 at 12:30 AM
Thank you so much for this mod! I've been using LD's up until now, but - like you said - I was tired of adjusting the custom beds manually in SimPE myself. This will come in handy.
Lab Assistant
#34 Old 27th Mar 2009 at 12:12 AM
I love you! Thank you sooo much! I was getting so tired of not being able to use my awesome custom beds because their energy rating sucked!

I am not taking requests at this time. I have just started graduate school and I cannot be sure how much spare time I am going to have. You can PM me with a request if you want, but I cannot guarantee that I will do it (or that I will even see the message right away).
Field Researcher
#35 Old 3rd Apr 2009 at 4:29 AM
Very very useful thing. I can totally understand what this is about.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Apr 2009 at 4:55 PM
geniusss!!!
:'D
Instructor
#37 Old 5th Apr 2009 at 9:02 AM
This is so going to simplify my DL folder. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 8:06 AM
When I dl'd this, I hit the thanks button so I wouldn't forget but after playing with it in game for a few days, just hitting the thanks button doesn't seem like enough, :-). I went with the energy same but comfort as per the bed stat and it plays so realistically, imho. This is one of those mods that leaves one wondering how one managed to play without it. Thanks for sharing with the rest of us! I more than second all who are saying how useful it is and sooo deserving of being featured!
Inventor
#39 Old 6th Apr 2009 at 10:23 PM
Great idea. Finally sleeping works the way it should work.
Test Subject
#40 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 1:34 AM
Thank you sooo much, this is brilliant!!! It's always annoyed me, too.

Thank you to all the devoted creaters out there! You make my game so much better! Xoxo
Test Subject
#41 Old 7th Apr 2009 at 3:25 AM
thank this good for me
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Apr 2009 at 3:23 AM
Thank you soooooo much! Now I can use all the beds I like and not have to worry about the energy rating! WooHoo!
Test Subject
#43 Old 9th Apr 2009 at 2:20 PM
Thanks a lot! This is crappyCOOL!
Test Subject
#44 Old 10th Apr 2009 at 9:01 PM
Thank you so so so much!!
I had a little girl that refused to go to sleep until almost midnight, then just to spite me more, she'd get up at 1 in the morning and decide to play SSX3. (If I could have without them all freaking out and going "MUST HAVE ELECTRONIC ENTERTAINMENT!!!!" I would have taken it out so she'd stop doing that, actually), but now, that problem should be fixed!
(If only I can get her to bed before ten thirty, I should be good now. XD)
Thanks!
Test Subject
#45 Old 13th Apr 2009 at 10:26 PM Last edited by lesleyyb : 15th Apr 2009 at 8:29 PM.
So, let me get this straight before downloading.
Without this mod say that your Sim went to sleep at 9pm, and would wake up at 1am?
But with this mod even if the energy bar is full - your sims will keep on sleeping until you wake them up.
If I am wrong please help me!
And what is the difference between the standard and alternate version?
Field Researcher
#46 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 8:11 PM
I'm enjoying this mod--but have a question--does this by any chance interfere with the risky woohoo hack?
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 21st Apr 2009 at 2:28 AM
I love you! You're a genius!
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#49 Old 1st May 2009 at 10:30 PM
THANK YOU for this! I have some beautiful beds in my game that I almost never use because they're cloned from the cheapest bed possible (like in your example) and my Sims need something like twelve hours of sleep to be fully rested. But thanks to your mod, now I can use them all and my Sims will get enough sleep without having to go to bed right after dinner! Wheee!!
Top Secret Researcher
#50 Old 4th May 2009 at 11:16 PM
I only recently found this hack & tested it for a couple of weeks. It really change the gameplay & now i can't live without it! I used to always endup with the few same beds for all the teen & adults only for their energy rates & the kids running around in the house at 2 o'clock made me crazy. Now i can use different beds and everyone sleeps 'til 6 in the morning... The fact that it also modifies CC beds makes it a must-have. It should have been put in the core game, as it's so logic. Thank you Marhis
Page 2 of 4