Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

LotAdjuster 3.6 (Updated May 23, 2013)

by Mootilda Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:07 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:09 PM by Nysha

382 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 328 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 16
Field Researcher
#151 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 7:10 PM
I've used this probram for many, many lots and it always works flawlessly with one exception...adding a road so the lot is on a corner. I've done this many times and the only problem I have is if there is a driveway on the lot. The Lot Adjuster always rotates the driveway to align with the new side road so if I decide later that I want to move the driveway, it's impossible to put it anywhere. It won't align with the front of the lot and if I try to put it on the side, I get the mesage "can't intersect other objects". I've just recently had this problem using version 3.5 on a new lot. I've tried all the remedies I could find at the various discussion sites for this program, but nothing seems to work. I checked the portals using Inge's Portal Revealer, and they are all where they are supposed to be...the front of the lot after adding the side road is still the same after the side road is added. If there a solution to this problem that I've missed?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#152 Old 30th Nov 2010 at 9:40 PM
I've never heard about this problem before. I'll have to investigate and see if I can figure out why the game is insisting on rotating the driveway when there are multiple roads on a lot. Does it happen even if you pick up the lot in the neighborhood view and then place the lot down again, to regenerate the roads? Does it happen with all lot rotations (sun directions)? Does it happen regardless of where the new road is (right side or left side)?
Field Researcher
#153 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 11:36 AM Last edited by raynuss : 1st Dec 2010 at 1:28 PM.
I always pick up the lot and move it in neighborhood view and so the answer to your first question is yes. It also seems to happen regardless of th orientation of the house on the lot (sun directions) although I'm not positive about this. And, finally, I've had it happen with new roads on either side. I've even tried fiddling with the U10/U11 in SimPE and have had no luck. Yesterday I added a left side road to a house with a garage and the driveway flipped. (The garage and driveway were on the left also) I used Lot Adjuster to remove the road. I rotated the house in the neighborhood view and used Lot Adjuster to add the side road again...same result, a flipped driveway.

I'm editing this to update my information.

I conducted a little test to determine when this flipped driveway problem happens. I created an empty hood in a vanilla game. I built eight lots, two with the fronts to the left (U11=0x00), two with the fronts facing the top (U11=0x01, two with fronts facing the right (U11=0x02 and two with the fronts facing the bottom (U11=0x03). In each set of two lots, I constructed a small one story house with a driveway and driveway extension. One house in each set of two had the driveway and extention on the left side and one had the driveway and extension on the right side.

I added a road to each of the lots with Lot Adjuster. If the driveway was on the right, I added a road on the right and if the driveway was on the left, I add the road on the left. I started up the game and opened each lot, saved the lot and exited to the hood. I then moved each lot to a corner. I opened each lot and tested the driveways.

If the front of the lot faces left (U11=0x00) or right (U11=0x02), the driveway does NOT flip. However if the front of the lot faces the top (U11=0x00) or the bottom (U11=0x01), the driveway on either side of the lot flips to align with the added road.

I hope this helps you to find the problem.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#154 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 4:47 PM
Thanks for the additional information.

Since you've already done the test lots, would you mind sharing them here? That will save me doing the exact same thing.
Field Researcher
#155 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 6:11 PM
Sure. Here's the lots. They're named with the U11 value followed by the placement of the driveway.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  LotAdjusterTestLots.rar (1.47 MB, 10 downloads)
Site Helper
Original Poster
#156 Old 1st Dec 2010 at 9:48 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 2nd Dec 2010 at 1:52 AM.
Just to set your expectations:

If this is something that occurs when you make the change using SimPE, then it's not likely to be a bug with the LotAdjuster; it's more likely a problem with the game and may not be fixable.

However, let me see whether I can reproduce the problem, and whether I can find some way to resolve it.

Thanks for reporting this.

[Update:]

I have managed to reproduce the problem with your lots. It really does appear to be a problem which is hardcoded into the game; I don't believe that I can fix this.

However, I can workaround the problem by removing the side road temporarily when I want to place a new driveway, then adding it back after the driveway has been placed.
Field Researcher
#157 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
Just to set your expectations:

If this is something that occurs when you make the change using SimPE, then it's not likely to be a bug with the LotAdjuster; it's more likely a problem with the game and may not be fixable.

Not quite sure where you got the idea that I used SimPE to make the changes to the test lots. In my report of the test results, I specifically said I used the Lot Adjuster to make the changes. The only reference I made to SimPE was in a previous post where I said that I tried to fix one of my earlier lots that had this problem by adjusting the U10 and U11 values with no luck. SimPE was not used with the test lots in any way.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#158 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 5:31 AM
Sorry for the misunderstanding. I understood that you didn't use SimPE to make the test lots.

Adding roads to a lot is a simple matter of changing the U10 value, whether though SimPE or the LotAdjuster. I haven't been able to find any way to control the driveway rotation directly; the workaround that I suggested is probably your best bet.
Field Researcher
#159 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 11:45 AM
Your suggestion of removing the side road when I want to place a new driveway is just what I've been doing. Is there a way to change the direction of the sun on the lot without changing anything else? If that could be done, the driveway problem would probably be solved since it appears to be associated with the sun direction. I experimented with SimPe, but so far I've had no luck. When I try to change the sun direction, it seems to just rotate the whole lot and that throws everything into misalignment.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#160 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 4:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by raynuss
Is there a way to change the direction of the sun on the lot without changing anything else?
No. Both the driveway rotation and the sun direction are completely determined by the internal rotation of the lot, which is fixed at the time that the lot is created.

I have some ideas but it's a very complex procedure which requires rotating every single 2D and 3D array and all objects on the lot. Since we haven't completely figured out the quaternions used for object rotation, the procedure isn't guaranteed to work, but this is on my to-do list. For more information, you can follow my Moo Tools social group LotRotater thread:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=328167
Field Researcher
#161 Old 2nd Dec 2010 at 5:30 PM
I joined your Moo Tools social group and I plan to follow your progress. Hope you can come up with something...it sure would be handy. Thanks for your help!
Instructor
#162 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 11:34 AM
Thanks so much for this & for designing programs that can run easily on OS X!

Heh, that said... I am having a weird error. I run LotAdjuster via Mono on my Mac. Yesterday it worked perfectly--I made four mini lots with it. Today I opened the program to change the size on a new lot, and when I selected a lot and chose "next," none of the adjuster options were visible on the screen. I went back and tried to select another lot instead, but I got the same problem with all of them. (screen shot attached) Also, there was a Spinning Ball of Doom when I moused over the "next" button, but not if I moused over "back" or "browse."

I'm not sure what the deal is... I haven't done anything different since yesterday except add a collection file to Res/Catalog/Bin. It's not generating any kind of crash log in Terminal, either.
Screenshots
Site Helper
Original Poster
#163 Old 22nd Dec 2010 at 4:24 PM
Looks like something has corrupted your LotAdjuster. I would recommend getting a fresh copy and reinstalling it.
Instructor
#164 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 3:51 AM
I tried your suggestion but it is still doing the same thing. I also opened GridAdjuster (fresh download, first time opening it) and it gave me a blank screen as well. Is there maybe a code I need to put into Terminal to reset Mono?
Site Helper
Original Poster
#165 Old 23rd Dec 2010 at 5:37 AM
I'm sorry, but I know nothing about MACs or mono. Perhaps you should ask here:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=366580
Instructor
#166 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 8:23 PM Last edited by katalina522 : 31st Dec 2010 at 6:42 PM. Reason: I think it all works now.
EDIT: I installed the newest version of Mono (2.8.1) and that seemed to fix the problem. (Mono enables .NET on non-windows systems, just fyi.) I did get another error when opening GridAdjuster to test things, but it didn't seem to affect the way the program ran:
Could not set X locale modifiers
Gtk not found (missing LD_LIBRARY_PATH to libgtk-x11-2.0.so.0?), using built-in colorscheme

Thanks again for your help/suggestions.

Thanks for the referral to OS X support. I have posted there, so hopefully someone has a suggestion.

I also finally got Terminal to generate a crash log for LotAdjuster, in case it makes any sense to you -- I think it's talking about all the blank fields? I still don't get why it's doing that to all your programs, even ones I just downloaded and never opened before.
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#167 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 9:41 PM
Just a quick question or two. Are there any complications with roadless lots (e.g. portals, cars, walking to lots, etc)? Or rather, are there things I should be mindful of?

Ever since I saw this thread about entire roadless neighborhoods, it's got me thinking about the possibilities of making a wilderness subhood (like Castaway Stories) for camping vacations or living off the land, moon colonies, a post-apocalypse hood where civilization has broken down, or a college/commercial district where people would walk everywhere anyway.

Thanks.

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Site Helper
Original Poster
#168 Old 31st Dec 2010 at 10:29 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 31st Dec 2010 at 10:43 PM.
The main problem with roadless lots is that they cannot be moved or placed normally. If you intend to remove all of the roads in your neighborhood, you might want to create the neighborhood with roads, add all of the lots, then remove the roads from the neighborhood using HoodReplace and remove the roads from the lots using the LotAdjuster.

In general, when you add a lot to a neighborhood, the road will be flattened at the front of the lot. If you're interested in having a natural looking terrain, you might want to start with 1x1 lots and expand them, so that the minimum amount of terrain will be flattened when you place the lot.

If you remove the roads from a lot, the portals will still exist on the lot. You can view them, move them or remove them using Inge Jones' Portal Revealer.

As long as you have pedestrian portals, your sims should be able to "walk to lot".

I believe that plasticbox has removed the vehicle portals on one of the lots in the Elsewhere neighborhood and has found it playable. You might want to fool around with this neighborhood to see how the lot plays:
http://www.modthesims.info/download...843#post2126843

I hope that you'll consider sharing your neighborhood.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#169 Old 23rd Jan 2011 at 6:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Imafriesian
Hi Mootilda, I don't mean to bother you but I was wondering if I could ask for help with Lot Adjuster?

I can't get the program to work, as an error message comes up every time I press "start" on the program. (I can send exactly what the error message says if you want, I'm just not on my laptop right now xD.)

Anyway, so I can't get it to work to save my life and I have the computing skills of a dumb ass, haha. If I can't get the program to work, would it be possible to download a 5x6 size lot from somewhere?

Thank you so much! Your program is so cool!! I understand if you cant help me, because I bet you get "heeeellp me!!" messages all the time from dummies like me.
Yes, please give me the exact error message that you are getting. It would also help to know which operating system you are using and whether you've installed .NET.
Test Subject
#170 Old 24th Jan 2011 at 10:53 PM
Yes, please give me the exact error message that you are getting. It would also help to know which operating system you are using and whether you've installed .NET.

Error message: "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application. If you click Continue. the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit. the application will close immediately.

InvaldfArgument=Value of '1' is not valid for 'SelectedIndex'.
Parameter name: SelectedIndex."

If I press continue the neighborhood screen shows up but the lots dont show up.

I wasn't able to download .NET 2 - (It says it's not supported by a 64 bit operating system.)
So I downloaded .NET 4

I'm also use a Windows 7 OS.
Site Helper
Original Poster
#171 Old 25th Jan 2011 at 1:09 AM
Could you attach your neighborhood package here? I just need the one file, not the entire folder or any subfolders.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#172 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:19 PM
I think everything that could be said about the awesomeness of this program has already been said, so all I'll say is... wow. Just wow. It's amazing. :D
Test Subject
#173 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 4:29 PM
This is so useful so far, good work and thanks! My one question is, in your description it says you can make pseudo row houses? I'd love to be able to do that but when I try to shrink my lots down so that I can do that, it says there's an error cos there's a wall on the edge of the new lot size. I thought that was the point? I'm sorry, I have used it for other things and it's great but am I missing something on that point? Thanks again! T x
Site Helper
Original Poster
#174 Old 28th Jan 2011 at 11:06 PM
Take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286909

Walls along the edge of the lot will randomly crash the game, so the LotAdjuster won't allow you to place walls at the very edge. Instead, walls can be placed perpendicular to the edge, to produce a "pseudo" row-house (ie, they don't actually share a wall).
Test Subject
#175 Old 29th Jan 2011 at 9:25 PM
Take a look at this tutorial:
http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=286909

Walls along the edge of the lot will randomly crash the game, so the LotAdjuster won't allow you to place walls at the very edge. Instead, walls can be placed perpendicular to the edge, to produce a "pseudo" row-house (ie, they don't actually share a wall).

Ah okay I gotcha. That wasn't how I was imagining it meant. I get it now, thanks! Great program
Page 7 of 16