Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#26 Old 22nd Jul 2020 at 11:12 PM
Well, if humans haven't destroyed the planet by then I'll be 96... so probably not.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#27 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 6:39 AM
Given how old I'll be, I might very well be still playing Sims 2. While it's true that there are lots of old games that get pushed into the archives and great leaps forward in technology, there are also companies devoted to porting old games to newer systems and remasters being done all the time. By that point it could be a very simple matter of just putting in an old disc, letting the system scan it, and the system immediately adapting itself to run the game.

Even if I'm an old grandma, I'll still want to game, since gaming can help improve memory and keep you learning new things. Plus, with Sims 2's genetics system, wouldn't that make for an awesome opportunity for one heck of a generational study on what genes get passed down in a family? What would the Goth or Monty or Grunt family even look like after that many generations?
Forum Resident
#28 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 7:42 PM
I’d be, what, 68? I reckon I’ll still be playing it, provided I have a machine that is compatible with it. Why not, eh?

You can call me Diddy (or Eve, if you want to go by my real name) :)
My Simblr is simping-simmer. Come and join me there for a chat!
You can also find me on the MTS or PBK Discord servers under the name 'Evenfall'.
Want to know the latest news in Carregffynon? Click here!
Mad Poster
#29 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 8:52 PM
At 133, somewhere, out there, i will definitely be playing the Sims 2
Field Researcher
#30 Old 23rd Jul 2020 at 10:54 PM
This is such a huge leap in time! I can't imagine what the world will be like by then. I'll be 77... If I'm not playing the Sims 2 anymore that would be either because I have found a creative outlet that can top it, or because I am physically unable to, be it my body failing or technology not supporting it anymore

It's interesting, to think of how fragile our digital archives are. We are still to this day able to watch movies shot in the 19th century, and read books from centuries ago, but what will become of our huge virtual heritage? I wonder how it will be preserved and what will be left of it.
Just thinking about this makes me a bit anxious about the insignificance of something so important to me right now in the grand scheme of things though
Scholar
#31 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 1:04 AM
@candyboot
well played, you got your age range data. If I had to guess I'd say your next question is what longitudinal and lateral coordinates are our favorites for simming. as an example mine is - 43.1403931, -20.237632.
I and many others just fell into your trap of revealing our ages.
so far ages listed range from 18 through to 83.
(IDisclaimer: this is sarcasm, find those coordinates via google maps. I and many others willing put the numbers up for comparison. I found it hilarious is all)
Mad Poster
#32 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:07 AM
Most of us have revealed our ages before
Inventor
#33 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 8:18 AM
I'd by in my early 70s by then, if I'm still alive by 2070 . But I doubt new versions of Windows will be compatible with sims 2 in the next 10 years, so by then I would maybe stop playing sims and move onto a different game, whatever game that will be is hard to say since I'm kinda picky and only wish to play non-PC games that are 10+ years old . Who knows, maybe I'll play the next title of the sims series in 5 years time, here's to hoping sims 5 will meet my expectations that I had for sims 4

what_makes_you_haha.mp3
SFS uploads
Field Researcher
#34 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 10:06 AM
Well if i am alive by that time then sure, i will be playing sims 2, otherwise i would be dead!!

EDIT:

I don't know why, but i got a little emotional thinking about this thread when it's the year 2070, if i am alive by that time, then surely i will remember this thread
Top Secret Researcher
#35 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 3:42 PM
I'm wondering if the OP really thought this through and didn't really expect to have so many dead people in 2070. Because this has become a somewhat depressing thread. I would be 102 in 2070, so I'm unlikely to play.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#36 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 11:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by 310175
I'm wondering if the OP really thought this through and didn't really expect to have so many dead people in 2070. Because this has become a somewhat depressing thread. I would be 102 in 2070, so I'm unlikely to play.

Maybe the OP is very young and didn't realize what a bunch of old farts they were chatting too. :P

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#37 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 12:29 AM
Unless there's some way to transfer minds into android bodies, probably not since I'll be 118 . I doubt the game will run on whatever exists all those years into the future anyway. Maybe by that time we'll be walking around the town with Don and Dina instead of just watching them.
Top Secret Researcher
#38 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 2:58 AM
Well, the oldest living person currently is 117. It's more than likely that in 50 years most people will live past 100.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#39 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 3:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Maybe the OP is very young and didn't realize what a bunch of old farts they were chatting too. :P

Not so fast with the 'old farts' stuff.
The date used is 50 years in the future.
If one is in their early twenties, they'll be in their 70's.

Given that some of us are older than hell (I speak for myself only of course) I'd rather not look 50 years into the future because right now 5 years is too far.

Especially what with a world wide pandemic and global warning going on at the same time.

Tomorrow is never promised. Enjoy the game today.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Forum Resident
#40 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 5:05 PM
Well considering I don't like computer lights now, I think by the time I'm 69 I'd have stopped playing because of eye problems. That, combined with having a family and probably working full time, since the retirement age seems to be going up these days...
Field Researcher
#41 Old 25th Jul 2020 at 11:52 PM
Let's assume by then they've created some elixir of life, so we'll all still be around.

Then it's more a question of whether you'd still be playing Sims 2 50 years from now. Since I've been a consistent addict for 16 years, I don't expect I will have kicked the habit!
Mad Poster
#42 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 12:42 AM
I'd be 70-71 by that year. I don't even really live past 50 as I currently stand, but If I were alive then I sure heck would play it if I can.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#43 Old 26th Jul 2020 at 2:06 AM
Good gosh, I'll be in my 80s and my girlfriend will be in her 70s... Probably the only hope of that would be emulators because existing computer hardware will wear out (and anything that doesn't will be super expensive to acquire like anything else antique) and I highly doubt Windows and Mac will be mainstream OSes at that point (or if they are, they won't even resemble the current versions of them). But I somehow doubt I'll be playing the game in my 80s, arthritis makes using a computer a whole different experience as I understand, and hopefully I'll be married to Brooke and have grandchildren to distract me from the game at that point. Interesting thought though. I could be wrong.
Page 2 of 2