Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#151 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 10:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ac220
Well, I did see a Grand Witch doing it... On a date, no less.

Ooh lovely that must have been some date you can just picture it; come my dear I would like to woo you under the stars perhaps an expensive meal or we can just nip bythe park and feed you from the trash can when we make out I promise not to gag.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 10:25 AM
Lol this is gonna be funny >.<
Wen i was playing The sims 3 Base game
A glitch came up and it made my avatar look like a giant >.<
Lab Assistant
#153 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 12:42 PM
I was playing one of my YA sims in a uni dorm the other day, when a random townie walked onto the lot, collapsed in a green stink cloud, and died. Later on my Sim got inducted into the Secret Society and I used the phone to resurrect him as a zombie. Now I use him to entertain myself by starting fights with mascots and streaking around campus whilst my main sim studies :D
Lab Assistant
#154 Old 19th Oct 2010 at 8:23 PM
Once my sim was guna be late for work but realli needed a shower. So I just made her wash her hands about 3 times. On the 4th time I clicked her car pool for her to leg it out the door. But she just stood there constantly washing her hands the tap still on. I tried everything to make her stop,, even leaving the household and re entering. So I just fast forwarded time and then about 3 days time she stopped just like normal .. then kept complaining about everything cause all of her stats were down. And cause she was complaining soo much she wouldnt go to eat so she died
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 2:23 AM
A sim was aging to an elder, when suddenly a door opened by itself and I heard footsteps, but there was no one walking. Then the sim aged, and then I heard the footsteps again, the door opened and the footsteps walked away. As if a sim had entered the room to see my sim grow up and then he/she had leaved. I'm sorry that I don't have a video, I attach a picture.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 4:01 AM
while playing my poverty challenge family a burglar comes along. great. she had just bought a fridge too. but what does he steal? her magazine. im glad that was all he took, but it makes no sense
Instructor
#157 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by backpedal
I was playing one of my YA sims in a uni dorm the other day, when a random townie walked onto the lot, collapsed in a green stink cloud, and died. Later on my Sim got inducted into the Secret Society and I used the phone to resurrect him as a zombie. Now I use him to entertain myself by starting fights with mascots and streaking around campus whilst my main sim studies :D

That's hilarious. Hacks, surely? I've never seen a townie in that bad shape, and I didn't think just anyone could resurrect a dead sim. I thought they had to already be good friends or relatives or something.
Inventor
#158 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 10:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by funcioná!!!
A sim was aging to an elder, when suddenly a door opened by itself and I heard footsteps, but there was no one walking. Then the sim aged, and then I heard the footsteps again, the door opened and the footsteps walked away. As if a sim had entered the room to see my sim grow up and then he/she had leaved. I'm sorry that I don't have a video, I attach a picture.

There are probably several mods you can use to expose or know the identity of invisible sims. If I heard footsteps, but did not see a sim, I'd probably pause and use Merola's Mind Control Mirror so I can quickly see what sims are on the lot. I've used this many times on large community lots so I can see what sims have come to the lot while my sim's are busy. Then I can make another sim selectable without having to see the sim first

It is a hugely useful tool on lots that have several stories. I would not be able to keep track of sims I may want my sims to meet on community lots without it.

Also, I think the lot debugger from maty has an option to fix invisible sims. I've never had to use it, but it could be another option if that happens in your game again.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 28th Oct 2010 at 6:24 PM
[QUOTE=cheshirekat]There are probably several mods you can use to expose or know the identity of invisible sims. If I heard footsteps, but did not see a sim, I'd probably pause and use Merola's Mind Control Mirror so I can quickly see what sims are on the lot.QUOTE]

Thank you. I will try that if it happens again.

For some reason I can't quote posts correctly.
Field Researcher
#160 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 4:51 AM
wow, i didnt even know there were invisible sims.

i knew i had all kinds of skins that turned up invisible, i just dont use them... weird
Inventor
#161 Old 29th Oct 2010 at 8:42 AM
I don't think it is invisible skins. I think it is a game glitch.
Field Researcher
#162 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 1:17 AM
good, i keep thinking some day i'll remember where and what they're sposed to be, and i'll go see what's wrong with them. i'm sure i downloaded 1 that was supposed to be invisible, but not like... a dozen
Scholar
#163 Old 30th Oct 2010 at 2:07 AM
A sim's phone rang and he went to answer it. It was his friend, but suddenly I heard someone talking outside. It was... the person he was on the phone with... talking on the phone... but without a phone... because she was in his driveway... as a walkby.

"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so."
- Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
tumblr
Forum Resident
#164 Old 2nd Nov 2010 at 10:33 AM
This requires a little bit of set-up, so bear with me:

One family I have consists of Joanne Rutland, her husband Grover, her son by alien abduction Mars, and her three daughters by Grover Jane, Rachel and Sophia. My normal style of gameplay means that I always roll for a sim's aspiration, so when Mars became a teen, he rolled Popularity and the LTW to Become Captain Hero. I have a LTW variety mod in which looks at a sim's interests, aspiration, relation and the general population to decide on one of a number of aspirations.

A few days later, Jane transitions in to a teen, and again I roll her aspiration. She rolls Fortune...and the LTW to Become Criminal Mastermind. Apparently, if I had gotten Mars a job in Lew Enforcement, it would have prevented Jane from rolling the criminal career LTW, but now I have BFF half-siblings whose dream is to beat each other up on a daily basis.

Of course, I had to do a small photoshoot with them :P
Screenshots

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 2:02 AM
This one time I was playing with the Monty's and I made Neytiri from Avatar, not created by me, live in their house and she needed to take a shower ASAP! As she stood naked in front of the shower, she fell asleep standing up!! Then, Romeo comes in to use the toilet and he urgers her to get out of the bathroom. Like he can't see she is naked and asleep? haha.

Here's a picture.
Attached Images

Inventor
#166 Old 4th Nov 2010 at 4:44 AM
The Ramirez family (Checo, Lisa, and their daughter Tessa) met some walkby sims they spent the evening and night with. Shortly after midnight, it was time for Tessa to go to bed. I was just about to direct her to stop fishing and go to bed when I noticed that she had just caught a fish. And so had Checo and Lisa - nearly simultaneously. Their guests had not. Hehehe.

In the morning, the school bus was to come by shortly. Lisa was in the kitchen making meals to stash in their inventories. Checo had been up all night with very little sleep and decided to lounge on the sofa before going to work.

When Lisa finished making the last group meal, she decided to take a bubble bath. Checo, who was too tired to do anything just seconds before, suddenly jumped up from the sofa to inspect their wall decor - a towel that had been there since the day they moved in. It actually was a towel they had in their old house in Bluewater Village. Of course, I knew it was an excuse to see Lisa naked in the tub because the towel was in the same bathroom Lisa was in.

Checo stood over Lisa in the bubble bath the entire time she was taking her bubble bath.

It made me giggle. When I first started playing them, they had one bolt attraction for each other. Then it was two bolts. Very few of the pre-made couples have three bolt attractions. So, the first thing that pops into my mind is, "Oh God, now they are going to be inseparable and I won't hardly be able to get any work out of them. Just when I thought their training was going so well!. Finding excuses to be in the bathroom when Lisa is in the tub is just an excuse. Damn, what am I going to do!"

Then I realized I was whispering audibly what I was thinking and it made me laugh even more. Of course it IS all about ME!
Lab Assistant
#167 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 10:15 AM
For me, recently something really weird happened. I was playing on University and my sim was in her dorm building, eating food in the cafeteria when another sim that lived in the dorm (npc) came out to eat and he was transparent like a ghost. Yet he was selectable and walked normally. He was just see through. It was really odd. Then he got up and left and when he came back he was normal again.
Beautiful Dinosaur
#168 Old 5th Nov 2010 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by karrie85
For me, recently something really weird happened. I was playing on University and my sim was in her dorm building, eating food in the cafeteria when another sim that lived in the dorm (npc) came out to eat and he was transparent like a ghost. Yet he was selectable and walked normally. He was just see through. It was really odd. Then he got up and left and when he came back he was normal again.

That happens to me a lot - I think it's something to do with the dormies going into their room & coming out again too quickly. Not sure though. They always go back to normal eventually.

Who knows where thoughts come from....? They just appear.
Mad Poster
#169 Old 16th Nov 2010 at 7:52 PM
You know how Sims with bad reputations get the "ewww" reaction from other Sims?

Well, Belladonna Cove's Jessica Peterson has a bad rep. And she asked a Sim out on a date. Now here's the funny part: They had a three-bolt chemistry (he was Popularity and I'd changed her aspiration to Romance), but the entire time he was going "ewww!"

The date bombed when she flirted with another guy....
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 2:47 PM
I downloaded Any Game Starter and I decided to install the game in Spanish, to see how it was translated. Because I installed the mini game, the neighborhood had no townies, so I created them with the Townie Maker or whatever its name is. It created townies with Spanish names, and I wanted to know which was Goopy GilsCarbo's Spanish name, so I clicked on the mailbox and then on "Make me know eveyone". I was looking at the names in the relationships panel, and I saw a MALE sim which name was Nadia (it's a female name).
Attached Images

Mad Poster
#171 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 2:53 PM
I just had a sim die on a date. The date was going quite well, too. They had just gotten married while on the date and then he died. The date score plummeted. Apparently, nothing ruins a date like a death.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Field Researcher
#172 Old 17th Nov 2010 at 9:48 PM
I got an army of Shea Johnsons(he's a townie that repeatedly shows up in my apartments in all of my neighborhoods).
While I was aging some Sims up for a challenge I was taking, and I kept getting an error message about something to do with Shea trying to "route while out of this world". I just kept hitting reset, like I usually do...and maybe it wasn't such a good idea...
It's both the strangest, funniest, and scariest thing that happened to my game. xD
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#173 Old 21st Nov 2010 at 7:39 PM
My sim was invited to a casual group outing. When she met up with everyone downtown I noticed something on the sidewalk in front of the building. When I looked closer it was an infant!...with a blue plumb bob like everyone else had. Turns out two of the married group members decided to bring their baby...and then just ignore her!

Since I could only direct my sim I had her cuddle and play with her. When the baby started stinking and needed her diaper changed there was no action to "change diaper" so the poor thing just reeked.

There was no action available to "hand her to..." either.

When I left the group outing the baby was still laying on the sidewalk...no one else paid any attention to her...not even her parents

Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution.
Albert Einstein "What Life Means to Einstein"
Test Subject
#174 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 9:36 PM
One of my Sims got food poisioning, so I had to have him call in sick. He did, and when the pop up came up telling me that one vacation day was subtracted (with the little picture that I would assume is his boss?) the picture was Bigfoot! I took a screenshot, and then lost it. It was pretty funny.
Mad Poster
#175 Old 25th Nov 2010 at 7:21 PM
When one of the Grunt boys brought home a friend from school, I made her selectable so I could view her aspiration (Buck is in the market). Then I made her unselectable and turned the cheat off.

Then here comes General Buzz home in a crappy car...and the girl got into the car to go to work. A townie. From the Grunts' house.

Then a chance card popped up for her, I hit Ignore.

Then the car dropped her off at the Grunt house, and from there she went home.

Oh-kaaayyyy....
Page 7 of 58