Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Faster Gardening Mod v7b

by scumbumbo Posted 28th Sep 2014 at 8:03 PM - Updated 8th Jul 2018 at 9:43 PM by scumbumbo : Bugfix for Version 7 - Weeding Planters

344 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 170 Feedback Posts, 173 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 14
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:38 AM
Definitely cant add any folders to my mod folder... what is up with that?

I am on Windows 8. I play SIMS 4 on a Surface Pro 4. I love it, runs beautifully.
I miss Sims 3, but not Error Code 12. Good Riddance.
I'm a football mom & play Sims with my little ones. I build, they wreck.
Deceased
Original Poster
#52 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybarefeet
Definitely cant add any folders to my mod folder... what is up with that?

It may be a Windows permissions thing, possibly if you are running the game as administrator on your P?. I'm not sure as I've not heard of anyone having that problem prior to you. I Googled for it, but didn't find anything. I'd try walking you through how to fix that, but I'm both not sure that's the problem and I don't want the blame if you mess up your game!

If you have a friend or family member who is a Windows guru, you may want to ask them to take a look.
Deceased
Original Poster
#53 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:35 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NariaBlack
Is anyone aware if mods need updating for patches yet?

I've been notified by another mod author that changes were made to some gardening things. I'll be checking the mod as soon as I can to see if it's still working, or needs changes.
Deceased
Original Poster
#54 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ladybarefeet
I am unclear on the unpacked mods folder. My system wont let me create a folder inside the mods folder. And I am afraid to change the name of my cfg, can someone post a pic of what the cfg should look like when I edit it? This is just strange to me & I want the mod but dont want to do it wrong. The gardening takes wayyyyyy tooo long. Almost unusable, you have to give up an entire sim day.

If you're using Windows 7 (not sure about 8, but probably the same), you should not need to change the name of the file. Just double-click the resource.cfg file and it should say that "Windows can't open this file, what do you want to do?" Click the "Select a program from a list of installed programs" and click OK. It will probably recommend using Notepad to open the file, in which case just select that and choose OK.

If it doesn't recommend notepad, or another text editor that you've installed, click the Browse button and it will open a dialog to search for a program, just type in "C:\Windows\notepad.exe" and hit Open and then you will be able to select notepad to edit the file.

Here's what my resource.cfg file looks like:
Code:
Priority 500
PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package
DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate

HTH!

Edit: Just to see, I renamed my resource.cfg file and it will build a new one, so if you did rename it already and don't know how to change it back, it will build a new resource.cfg file and you can edit it as above.
Deceased
Original Poster
#55 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 6:41 AM Last edited by scumbumbo : 2nd Oct 2014 at 7:23 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by scumbumbo
I've been notified by another mod author that changes were made to some gardening things. I'll be checking the mod as soon as I can to see if it's still working, or needs changes.

There are some changes and I will be updating the mod. The only thing I've found so far that changed is some things in reference to the Cowplant, so if you're growing a "normal" garden it should continue to work without issues as far as I can see. It's working for me at least.

Edit: Ah, the update is in reference to the fact that sims that die near a cowplant will want to harm it. I did not change the values for this section, only the speed that the actual gardening tasks take. Hopefully these changes will not conflict with the new feature. If anyone has a sim die near a cowplant and can let me know, please do. Otherwise when I get a chance I'll plant one and kill someone by it to find out!

Uploading the new version now, it will end in _v2.zip to show it is the new version. If you have the original, be sure to delete the old .package file from your Mods folder!
Mad Poster
#56 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 11:36 AM
Thank you for updating this mod, I really have enjoyed using it.
Now that the game has been patched, SimGuruModSquad has confirmed we don't have to use that extra line in the Resource.cfg file and don't need the empty unpackedmods folder. Might want to update your post for the instructions.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ation/p1#latest

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#57 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 12:17 PM
Great mod, thank you so much!
Deceased
Original Poster
#58 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Thank you for updating this mod, I really have enjoyed using it.
Now that the game has been patched, SimGuruModSquad has confirmed we don't have to use that extra line in the Resource.cfg file and don't need the empty unpackedmods folder. Might want to update your post for the instructions.

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...ation/p1#latest

Ah, excellent - was hoping that they would fix that! In a hurry to get to work this morning, but I'll update things this evening.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 3:46 PM
Omg thank you!!!!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#60 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:44 PM
Thank-youuuuu Scumbumbo! :D
Inventor
THANKS POST
#61 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 4:46 PM
Thanks for the update!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#62 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:22 PM
You're so awesome for doing this. And it works great with the new game patch released on October 1, 2014! My sims can tend the garden so much quicker now.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 8:33 AM
Improves the game a lot :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:55 PM
thank you! This may save my next sim! before I realized what had happened I just had a sim turn to an elder after spending his entire adult life doing the same thing every day: Work, garden for food/money, increase fun on day off to make it through the rest of the work week.... rinse n repeat to keep him fed etc...now this will maybe let him get time to find a wife before he dies lol
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#65 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 12:39 AM
This is going to be great seeing I have dozens of plants which really do take most of the day to tend .. thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:28 AM
Thank you, you have made my farmers very happy. Now all i need is a mod that can speed up "upgrades".
Deceased
Original Poster
#67 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 1:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexNightshade
thank you! This may save my next sim! before I realized what had happened I just had a sim turn to an elder after spending his entire adult life doing the same thing every day: Work, garden for food/money, increase fun on day off to make it through the rest of the work week.... rinse n repeat to keep him fed etc...now this will maybe let him get time to find a wife before he dies lol

Hehe, if I save just one sim it makes the work worthwhile
Instructor
#68 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 9:01 PM
I love this mod but was wondering if a mod can be made to slow down the plants maturing. Even with this mod my garden is ready to be tended to soon.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#69 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 12:01 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:19 AM
I have been wanting this in a patch or a mod since I realized how long it takes! Thank you soooo much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 2:20 AM
Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 5th Oct 2014 at 10:29 AM
grasias
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:27 AM
cool thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#74 Old 7th Oct 2014 at 1:35 AM
danke
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 8th Oct 2014 at 1:26 AM
Thank you! Weeding time makes much more sense now.
Page 3 of 14