Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Drivable The Zonda Pagani

by DBCAB Posted 6th Nov 2005 at 9:45 AM - Updated 15th Sep 2009 at 5:38 PM by -Maylin-

92 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 90 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 7:24 AM
Probably not the best place for this, but I thought I would post here because I'll probably get the best answers.

First of all, let me say that I love the look of this car and I really want it in my game.

That said, I've been experiencing some problems with cars I've downloaded. Twice now, A Sim has gone to a community lot in a unique car and has been unable to return home. I can hear the car trying to get back onto the lot, but it (and the Sim driver) cannot return. The build and buy buttons are greyed out, so I can't get into a mode where I can try something drastic, such as deleting the driveway. I'm forced to leave the lot without saving but when I return (either straight from the neighbourhood, or from quitting, rebooting and reloading the game), I'm still in the same situation. The only thing I can do is go to another lot, invite the errant Sim over and have them move in, or use the Tombstone of L & D when kids are in the missing car, and then go back to the lot they were on and move them back. So far, I haven't gone back to the lots they were missing from, so I don't know what the state of play would be to get them to move back, or if the car is still missing.

As much as I want this car, I'm worried that I might just end up in the same situation. What I am going to do is delete all of the car models that are different from the Maxis originals and hope that whatever causes this is something that can be sorted out, either in the design of new cars, or as a hack/fix. I know I'm not the first person to have this problem, but I don't know if the other people had it happen with custom-made cars or with Maxis cars. So far, I haven't had it happen with a Maxis-made car, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with them too. If it did, then it would suggest that one of the hackers could create something to cure it. If it's just with cars created here and at other sites, then it could be something that's been overlooked, or it could be a problem the game has recognizing custom-made cars.

Please note, that it wasn't THIS car that I had the problem with. It was the open-top version of the expensive Maxis car that someone made and the Porsche 911 that I think is also on this site somewhere.

Any thoughts people?
Instructor
#52 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 1:27 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Thank you for sharing it with us.
Instructor
#53 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Shupinola

Please note, that it wasn't THIS car that I had the problem with. It was the open-top version of the expensive Maxis car that someone made and the Porsche 911 that I think is also on this site somewhere.

Any thoughts people?

I downloaded both of those cars and haven't had any problems with them. Perhaps your graphics card or memory should be upgraded? Just a guess as I'm not an expert.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 2:29 PM
Probably not the best place for this, but I thought I would post here because I'll probably get the best answers.

First of all, let me say that I love the look of this car and I really want it in my game.

That said, I've been experiencing some problems with cars I've downloaded. Twice now, A Sim has gone to a community lot in a unique car and has been unable to return home. I can hear the car trying to get back onto the lot, but it (and the Sim driver) cannot return. The build and buy buttons are greyed out, so I can't get into a mode where I can try something drastic, such as deleting the driveway. I'm forced to leave the lot without saving but when I return (either straight from the neighbourhood, or from quitting, rebooting and reloading the game), I'm still in the same situation. The only thing I can do is go to another lot, invite the errant Sim over and have them move in, or use the Tombstone of L & D when kids are in the missing car, and then go back to the lot they were on and move them back. So far, I haven't gone back to the lots they were missing from, so I don't know what the state of play would be to get them to move back, or if the car is still missing.

As much as I want this car, I'm worried that I might just end up in the same situation. What I am going to do is delete all of the car models that are different from the Maxis originals and hope that whatever causes this is something that can be sorted out, either in the design of new cars, or as a hack/fix. I know I'm not the first person to have this problem, but I don't know if the other people had it happen with custom-made cars or with Maxis cars. So far, I haven't had it happen with a Maxis-made car, but I wouldn't be surprised if it happened with them too. If it did, then it would suggest that one of the hackers could create something to cure it. If it's just with cars created here and at other sites, then it could be something that's been overlooked, or it could be a problem the game has recognizing custom-made cars.

Any thoughts people?

Hi I have no clue what would cause that other than a car that is hacked my cars are not hacked , just look different from the maxis cars Ive tested this car, and all my others then just now retested this car after I read your post, and have had no such problem, all I can say is remove any car type hacks you may have in your game , and then try custom cars again.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 7th Nov 2005 at 6:20 PM
thanks DBCAB, that's an awesome car!
Test Subject
#56 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 1:36 AM
Yesssss!!!!! This is my favorite car period. Woohoo (no not that.) I was about to request it but searched in case it was done!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 2:27 AM
Sweet car...thanks much looks awesome!

By the way...how are you taking the Raider's season so far....Chiefs took them out nasty...
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#58 Old 8th Nov 2005 at 3:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Tre Zillah
Sweet car...thanks much looks awesome!

By the way...how are you taking the Raider's season so far....Chiefs took them out nasty...

Yeah that pull it out of there but, last ditch effort thing the kcc did really bit, I thought the raiders had it won especially since they got back from deficit in the 4th like that, although they did play well and it was a good game the kcc only won by a few points urrrrggh. lol did you see the game?
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 12:17 AM
Oh my word! That's an awesome car! I can believe it! coooolll

I love sims!
Join the never-ending love!
Alchemist
#60 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 12:31 AM Last edited by pfish : 9th Nov 2005 at 11:05 PM.
Hi, Love your car. I tried to click on a link (Candy Apple Red Zonda recolor) on the left side. This link is not working.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 3:02 AM
I love it! Thanks for sharing this with us.

"Life is like a coin. You can spend it any way you wish, but you can spend it only once" -Unknown
Instructor
#62 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 7:49 AM
Heyyyy, more cars from DBCAB!

What could be better?

Great job
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 9th Nov 2005 at 11:16 AM
Really terrific! My Simmie's dream car! Thanks!
Forum Resident
#64 Old 12th Nov 2005 at 8:47 PM
I'm lost for words...
One of the best cars in 'GT-3' finally makes into the 'TS-2' world, and in such style - two words "Sweet Perfection"...

More power to your elbow my friend ;-)

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Nov 2005 at 6:36 PM
你做的DD向来精彩,尤其与游戏动画匹配绝佳!!衷心感谢!!
Instructor
#66 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 1:20 AM
haha that is fly! and by fly i mean... oh so fresh and cool :D

xD
Field Researcher
#67 Old 16th Nov 2005 at 3:24 AM
Beautiful job DBCAB,thank you!

Welcome to The Machine
*(`'·.¸(`'·.¸*¤*¸.·'´)¸.·'´)*
»~:¤.·º`·Pink Floyd.·´º·.¤:~«
*(¸.·'´(¸.·'´*¤*`'·.¸)`'·.¸)*
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 17th Nov 2005 at 8:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Didds
I downloaded both of those cars and haven't had any problems with them. Perhaps your graphics card or memory should be upgraded? Just a guess as I'm not an expert.

The PC is four months old and has a more than adequate video card and memory. That said, I have had a lot of problems with NL. I even scrapped all of my old Sims and did a complete reinstall of the game and left out all of my old CC, but some of the problems are still there.

There may be a new driver available for my video card, but I'm loathe to update it as last time, this new version of Windows XP deleted all of my NVIDIA-related drivers and also removed tons of files that they were associated with, including drivers to use the Internet and OE. These files could not be accessed from the Windows XP disk and it cost me £40 to have everything set right at the local repair shop.

So, I'll be using this driver for some time - until my PC gets it six-month overhaul in January.

I've had another vehicle-related problem recently. Twice now, I have had a Sim adopt a child, but when the social worker arrives, the car disappears and the social worker is left stranded on the lot. The Buy/Build options grey out, as does the options to quit/save/go to neighbourhood icons. Thankfully, I have been able to get back to the desktop and quit the game from there, but one family is now stuck in a loop with this as I was stupid enough to save just as the social worker arrived with a second or so to spare before the error occurs. I have a couple of things to try before I take the drastic step of moving the family out of their house, but it's just another irritating problem with The Sims 2.
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 19th Nov 2005 at 11:29 PM
You are the King of Kewl Cars ... thanks
Test Subject
#70 Old 28th Nov 2005 at 2:44 AM
This car is very beautiful ,I like it. Thanks
Test Subject
#71 Old 29th Nov 2005 at 9:13 PM
I can't click on the "download" link! What's the problem?
Test Subject
#72 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:32 PM
Default Sounds like a re-install
The PC is four months old and has a more than adequate video card and memory. That said, I have had a lot of problems with NL. I even scrapped all of my old Sims and did a complete reinstall of the game and left out all of my old CC, but some of the problems are still there.

There may be a new driver available for my video card, but I'm loathe to update it as last time, this new version of Windows XP deleted all of my NVIDIA-related drivers and also removed tons of files that they were associated with, including drivers to use the Internet and OE. These files could not be accessed from the Windows XP disk and it cost me £40 to have everything set right at the local repair shop.

So, I'll be using this driver for some time - until my PC gets it six-month overhaul in January.

I've had another vehicle-related problem recently. Twice now, I have had a Sim adopt a child, but when the social worker arrives, the car disappears and the social worker is left stranded on the lot. The Buy/Build options grey out, as does the options to quit/save/go to neighbourhood icons. Thankfully, I have been able to get back to the desktop and quit the game from there, but one family is now stuck in a loop with this as I was stupid enough to save just as the social worker arrived with a second or so to spare before the error occurs. I have a couple of things to try before I take the drastic step of moving the family out of their house, but it's just another irritating problem with The Sims 2.

Maybe you need to re-install. I would take out all your downloads, that may seem like a bad idea if you have allot like me..But if you cant figure out when you downloaded the hack then you may have to. I always test stuff after I download them so I know when exactly.
Test Subject
#73 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:33 PM
Thanks DBCAB this car is hot!
#74 Old 12th Dec 2005 at 7:37 PM
ABSULULTLY AMAZING :wow: :buddies: :iws:
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 13th Dec 2005 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cazidyizme
Maybe you need to re-install. I would take out all your downloads, that may seem like a bad idea if you have allot like me..But if you cant figure out when you downloaded the hack then you may have to. I always test stuff after I download them so I know when exactly.

I'm pretty well organised with my downloads and I've tried this kind of thing many times. I honestly can't remember how many times I've done reinstalls of this game, but it never really seems to help. I have to confess that prior to installing NL, things had become reasonably stable due to hacks from the community, but since NL, things have become plain silly and the game crashes with great regularity. It's the same whether I have custom content or no custom content. What I do know is that the PC isn't at fault as it's only four months old and is above and beyond the recommended specs for the game. In fact, even though it's such a new PC, I took it into the local repair shop to have it checked out and they gave it the all clear and came to the conclusion that any problems - apart from CC conflicts - are resulting from the dreadful programming of the game itself as they have so many people coming to them with problems with The Sims and The Sims 2. However, they have discovered that both The Sims and The Sims 2 screws up Windows XP and corrupts certain parts of the data. It can cause just as much trouble if you remove the game. Their advice is to stop playing TS2 and have the hard drive wiped and reinstall everything ... and leave out The Sims 2 forever.

Of course, my Sims 2 addiction is too powerful to allow me to do that, so I'll just stop playing until JM and Two Jeffs come up with more fixes to stabilise the game.

The people at the shop also suggested that I don't buy The Sims 2 for the PSP as it can screw up that too. But I didn't buy my PSP to play a cut-down version of TS2, so that's not going to happen and I have no compulsion to buy the PSP version of TS2.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. Right now, I really can't be bothered to uninstall and reinstall everything yet again. I have my PS2 and my PSP and I've recently bought new games for both consoles. Okay, so it's not The Sims 2, but I'm patient and I can wait for the hacks to turn up to sort out the problems. I just wish I'd waited for a few months before buying NL. That's what I'll do if I decide to buy further TS2 EPs.

Bring Firefly back to TV ... sign the petition:

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/revivefirefly
Page 3 of 4