Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#1001 Old 15th Mar 2011 at 5:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LollySims
I agree about getting more than just pets. That would be better for marketing too, since some people don't want pets at all, but they might want the "extras" that come in the EP. After watching the Unleashed trailer, I really think farming would be great, if we're getting horses. Cows to milk, chickens to get eggs from, crops, etc. It would be cute for Sims to have a new activity in making scarecrows too. I love scarecrows :lovestruc Maybe once a Sim learned to make a really good one, it could come to life and be really good at farming...new supernatural creature!

Ok, I'm thinking way outside the box now

Farming would definitely make me want to get it! TS2 Pets was nice, but it always felt a little empty in comparison to other EPs. Farming would make it a much better buy imo. And a scarecrow! Once seasons comes out I'd have scarecrow/plantsim marriages all over town. :p
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1002 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 2:46 AM
On the wiki is says that the two new expansion packs comming out are generations in may, and unleashed in october There are traliers out too, just google for them.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself, any direction you choose.
-Dr. Seuss
Forum Resident
#1003 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 11:17 AM
that may very well be just speculation, too. (hope not) and i'm guessing the trailers you mention are already seen by and old news to many.
Lab Assistant
#1004 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 1:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lynnard
On the wiki is says that the two new expansion packs comming out are generations in may, and unleashed in october There are traliers out too, just google for them.

Does that go for England too? *Crosses fingers*

I124Q...:)
Test Subject
#1005 Old 21st Mar 2011 at 6:32 PM
Below are some idea's for expansions. Most of the Sims 3 expansions bring back something old and give us something new to go with it. I'd like that trend to continue. In brachets are words are words New and Returning. New means its something newly introduced to the series, Returning means its something being braught back from the previous Sims games. I would also nlike to see more classic items braught back with each expansion.

The Sims 3 - Holiday Spirit
Main Focus - Weather and Seasonal Celebrations
-Weather(Returning)
-Seasons(Returning)
-Seasonal Holidays(New)(like christmas, halloween, valentines day, easter, etc...)
-Revamped Birthday's
-More celebration options
-New Misc Items
-Classic Items

The Sims 3 - Communities
Main Focus - Community/Neighbourhood Improvments and Pets
-Pets(Returning)
-Classic Apartment System(Returning)
-Landlords(You can now rent out properties you own)
-Row Houses(New)
-Festivals/Faires(New)
-New Outdoor/Community Activities
-New Misc Items
-Classic Items

The Sims 3 - Hobbies
Main Focus - Sports and Hobbies.
-Sports(New)(Various new sports to play like Football/Soccer, Rugby, AMerican Football, Tennis, Ice Hockey, Wrestling, Boxing, Atletics, Swimming, etc...)
-Hobbies(Returning)
-New Sports Careers
-Stadiums(Sports buildings you can go inside)
-Custom Paintings(Returning)
-More TV Shows
-Custom TV Shows(Returning)
-More Group Games(Poker Table, etc...)
-New Misc Items
-Classic Items

The Sims 3 - Stardom
Main Focus - Stardom and Wealth
-Studio Town(Returning)
-New Acting, Singing, Directing Careers/Revamps
-Butlers(Returning)
-Staff Managing(New)(Managing butlers, maids, gardners, etc...)
-Movie/TV Show Directing(New)
-Various new quality of life options for wealthy sims
-Helicopters(New)
-New Misc Items
-Classic Items
Test Subject
#1006 Old 23rd Mar 2011 at 3:05 AM
All I can say is, I can't wait to get a horse in October.
Test Subject
#1007 Old 24th Mar 2011 at 6:46 PM
Proteus, I don't think we'll be getting an expansion pack like Stardom. Some of the features are very similar to what LN offers.

And yes, Evilrex, horses in October. I actually just recently realized that i really missed the pets. When i found out about the fifith expansion pack i was estatic. :D
Mad Poster
#1008 Old 26th Mar 2011 at 5:33 PM
It just dawned on me that we might not get different types of staircases.

We're getting Spiral, and that's all well and good, but I'd love to see the sweeping stairs make a comeback, and the curved stairs from the Sims 1 as well.
Variety is the spice of life.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Forum Resident
#1009 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 3:54 PM Last edited by olomaya : 31st Mar 2011 at 3:29 AM.
I really hope we get restaurants back in the game. I know we have the food registers but socializing over food is such a huge part of all cultures in the world, it's just so weird to not be able to go out with friends or on a date for a meal. I'd love to see restaurants with similar classification systems like bars and nightclubs do in LN where we have family restaurants, 5-star restaurants and dives. Each would have their own specific menu and different interactions.

I'd also love for them to expand the movie theater options so we could see different types of movies: romantic comedies, action, horror, thrillers, independent and documentaries. And of course Sims would have different reactions based on their personality traits. (E.g. stupid Sims will be bored by indie flicks and documentaries vs. genius and artistic Sims who will be inspired by it; cowards will wet themselves watching horrors or thrillers while daredevil and brave Sims will love it.) Sims should also have the option to buy snacks while in the theater as well as heckle the movie or make out with a date.

Personally, and I guess I'm in the minority but a farm expansion sounds tedious to me. Milking cows or shucking corn or baling hay all just sounds like work to me. I never got into Farmville on Facebook but I know that's popular but I'm not sure how doing manual labor (or rather watching Sims do manual labor) would be fun and not repetitive. Though I guess that's what some ppl said about OFB but to me, it was the social interaction with customers and employees that made the game fun. BUT if they were to include farming or some kind of expanded gardening and tie it into some OFB-like EP, I'd definitely buy that because I want to be able to set up my own businesses again. At this point, I can get a Sim to the top level of their career in their early adulthood and it'd be nice if my Sims who have a lot of skills and money quit their 9-5 jobs and take on starting their own business.

I'd also like to see a return of and more group games and sports. I love that huge football field at the public school in Bridgeport. It'd be nice to put some soccer goal nets there or a basketball court and see ppl playing around.
Test Subject
#1010 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:51 PM
I do not like aliens, vampires, mummies etc in the game as i dont want to be turned into a vampire and i dont want to get abducted by aliens its not what the game is about to me i wish i could delete vampires from Late night.

i don't mind pets but if they turn out to be the same kind of thing as babies/toddlers with little to no interactions then count them out too. id like to see horses etc in pets.

In the next Ep i hope for weather/seasons like i have stated in my last post and as other people have said more interactions with toddlers and babies as it becomes tedious and i resort to trigger age transition. With schools i hope they introduce after school activities such as football, soccer, netball, volleyball etc id love to see universities back.
and seasonal activities such as Ice skating/hockey (on frozen ponds) in the winter and volleyball and soccer etc in the summer.

Id also like to see shiney floor textures im fed up of the matte flooring expecially wood flooring it should be some what shiney and you should be able to polish them as well as shiney surfaces such as glass etc.

I dont know about anyone else but id like to see bigger lots I don't build massive houses but id like a large back yard with space to do what id like to do with maybee a lake and a horse field with barns and not a small garden where I have to cram everything in. Greenhouses, plants that actually grow so you can cut the grass or call a gardener, more birds and animals in genereal like deer wondering around the woods etc. Water sports such as jetskiing and wake boarding water skiing.

I have too many ideas to list right now.
Test Subject
#1011 Old 27th Mar 2011 at 11:55 PM
and a height slider....
Mad Poster
#1012 Old 28th Mar 2011 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kabuto
Then their highest priority is to promote The Sims Medieval as the unique focus of the Sims fans so they should release the EP4 in June and the announcement should be 2 months before it (April?).

Looks like it. On the Facebook they have a super secret x2 for April 5.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#1013 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 2:13 AM
First of All a Makin Magic Expansion like the one in Sims 1 with a Magic World to visit and things like that because it was Awesome

Also it would be nice to have a mini addon that adds new Careers other than Ambitions, you should need to work for those, for example a Grim Reaper Career which would work in the following way:

When your sim dies and is a ghost and you have at leas one more family member that is a Inventor and has a high enough skill to build a Ghost Paralyzer or something like that, the living sim would need to use the device on the Grim Reaper to give the ghost of the deceased sim the opportunity to steal his powers before leaving behind the Tombstone or Urn then when the Science Lab Resurrects the Sim making the Sim a Ghost you would be asked if you want to take the opprtunity to Learn more about your new powers.

The Career would for example be like this: on Level one you would become another reapers underling when you reach level three you gain the Eyes of a Reaper to be able to see the Remaining time of a Sim, on level five you get the Death touch for use only on those with less than 5 days to live, on level seven you become a Full Fledged Reaper and earn your own Reaper Outfit
and finally on the top of the career you will be able to add or subtract lifetime from sims, adding would subtract from your lifetime and subtracting from others add's to yours but you can only take 10% of the maximum lifetime from every sim.

Also you should be able to become a werewolf again like it was the case in sims 2 (eating poor citizen's is always a sweet thing to dream of :P)
and While we're at it why not bring the Possibilities to be resurrected as Zombie back? (BRAAAINS!!! XD)

And also some words caught my interest in here the Monster hunter Career would be nice maybe level ten would be called van helsing (just kidding but a Career like that would fit just as well as a Ghost catcher one, because not only vampires and mummies but also Werewolves and maybe the making magic Evil Witches :P)

Also you should be able to visit other cities like riverview with the Travel option, you know giving you two choices like Visit a City and Visit a Country or something like this.

And of course aliens are also a thing Sims 3 needs :P

Btw wouldn't it be nice to have an astronaut career that works like World Adventures? maybe space Adventures xD like collecting minerals and stuff like that, that would go pretty well with the Aliens :P

And no I'm not joking when I write xD or Emotes like that everything is mean't to be serious until I say otherwise :P
Test Subject
#1014 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 5:53 PM Last edited by Artisan219 : 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:31 PM.
The Sims 3: Generations - tentatively scheduled for May 2011
  • Generations mostly seems to expand age-specific interactions.
  • The part with the kid in the dinosaur costume may or may not be a preview of daycare.
  • Allows midlife crises
  • Can't be sure, but it looks like either the Adult stage is a little more separated from the Young Adult stage, or else they're adding a Middle-Aged stage.

The Sims 3: Unleashed - tentatively scheduled for October 2011
  • Pets include the obvious dogs and cats, and possibly a return of traditional aquariums (as opposed to the shrink tank in the base game)
  • Introduces wild animals - deer, raccoons, skunks
  • Introduces horses - nothing shown on other farm animals (cows, pigs, sheep...)
  • Wonder if hunting is an option? Or farming?
  • Doesn't appear to have any birds (songbirds, geese, pigeons...)
Test Subject
#1015 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 7:39 PM
TREEHOUSES!!!!!! :D!!!!! AND HORSES!! WOOOOO sorry!
i hope they don;t bodge these two..... but genereations looks awesome i just hope there kids and stuff have better interactions with adults etc.
Test Subject
#1016 Old 3rd Apr 2011 at 3:27 PM
Anyone feel like dipping into the speculation pool regarding the next lifestate?

I'm assuming Unleashed will bring Werewolves, simply because Werewolves came into TS2 in the Pets EP.

Any guesses as to what we'll get with Generations? I'm not the kind of player that's massively into the alternate lifestates, but as a Pagan I think Witches could be an interesting addition to TS3 and magic was one of the more whimsical aspects of TS2. I'm not so fond of the PlantSims, but I suppose that'd be a good add for nostalgia. Or they could split the difference between the PlantSims and Witches and add Fey/Sprites to the series.
Forum Resident
#1017 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:17 PM
I'm hoping college life will make a comeback in Generations. But i doubt it, 'coz it only says High Scool graduation... :C

Here's the cover art:
http://www.simgoodie.com/04/generas...-cover-og-info/
Lab Assistant
#1018 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 9:23 PM
Okay.. Going to admit i did a 'SQUEE, HORSIES!!!' when i just saw all the information...

I think generations could be REALLY cool if they did it right. I'm really looking forward for more things to do with family, since thats how i play.
Test Subject
#1019 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 3:32 PM
Your fantasy EP
This has probably been asked already but I was just curious about what types of expansion packs that you'd most like to see in TS3.

Be it another Makin' Magic or a brand new EP centered around being able to have homeless sims or whatever your loving heart desires; just tell us your dreams of glorious simming!

Personally I'd (Beeing a geek and all) love to see an EP centered around superpowers, maybe you'd get to choose three or so different types of powers and then through some sort of points earned from doing superpower-related things you'd be able to upgrade your powers similarly to the business and ambition perks in TS2.
And seeing as they did that whole adventure-thing in TS3 where you had to run from place to place doing things they could just implement the same system in my fantasy-EP.
And you could choose to be a superhero or a supervillain and also have a lair that could reflect that, maybe you'd have a bookshelf that was also a door that led to a lair under your house, unbeknown to your sweet, trusting family.
And using the armor and swordfighting-system utilized in TSM you could maybe build yourself a suit using minerals and rocks you find in the neighborhood and then use it as actual protection in fights with other superpowered sims?

My geeky mind could go on forever about this but I'm also oh-so curious about what's cooking in your mind.

So please, entertain me/us with your ideas, and don't skimp on the details.

It's a trap.
Forum Resident
#1020 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:10 PM
WEREWOLVES!!! *foams at mouth*

hmmm.. the superheroes thing sounds awesome. I'd love to have an influx of many supernatural peeps, like WEREWOLVES, witcheg, zombies, faeries, etc.. Maybe a whole EP based on just the supernatural side would have been better, because some people don't like the supernatural aspects and they could have just ignored that EP. But with the inclusion of the supernaturals in every EP it's like "Vampires exist, suckazz! Deal wit it!"

Go suck an elf...
Test Subject
#1021 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by brillo_pad
WEREWOLVES!!! *foams at mouth*

Agreed! (!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
But seeing as there is a pets-EP coming; we could hope for the werewolves to make a return!

Also, as you say it would be a good idea to make the supernatural side of TS separate from the rest, seeing as some of us for instance loved the nightlife-side but were bothered by vampires muckin' about snatchin' yo' sims up.

It's a trap.
Lab Assistant
#1022 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:27 PM
Hm, this may actually require some thought:

Though I'm not much of a supernaturalist (dunno if it's a legit word; if not, I just made it up), I'd love to see an EP on werewolves, aliens, zombies, cyborgs and other creepy crawlies. In said EP, one of the many natural disasters that could strike can be a zombie apocalypse, alien invasions, etc; or have a stand-alone world set AFTER some type of apocalypse (a post-apocalyptic world). Or have like a brewing underworld war between vampires and werewolves.

Heh, so much for me not being a supernaturalist.

UPDATED - Oooh! Or a world that's filled with ALL aliens and human Sims are the outsiders (instead of it always being the other way around).
Field Researcher
#1023 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:32 PM
A superhero EP, man, that would be so awesome. And it could be done so well.

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Test Subject
#1024 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DeLoure
Though I'm not much of a supernaturalist (dunno if it's a legit word; if not, I just made it up), I'd love to see an EP on werewolves, aliens, zombies, cyborgs and other creepy crawlies. In said EP, one of the many natural disasters that could strike can be a zombie apocalypse, alien invasions, etc; or have a stand-alone world set AFTER some type of apocalypse (a post-apocalyptic world). Or have like a brewing underworld war between vampires and werewolves.

Zombie apocalypse would be cool in a way, but I keep thinking that it would happen when you really don't want it to.
"My sim is in a perfect mood, time for that promotion! Wait, what is that? Argh, hell naw! Begone foul beast!"

Edit: As opposed to those days when you're just really aching for the living dead to come at you.

It's a trap.
Test Subject
#1025 Old 10th Apr 2011 at 4:35 PM
Pets EP. I'm waiting for it. EA MAKE ONE NAAAOOOW!

Abracadabra! <-- is the spelling correct? :O
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 41 of 67