Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#1101 Old 10th Jul 2011 at 4:38 AM Last edited by H.R.HMabs : 10th Jul 2011 at 4:52 AM. Reason: Grammatical error
I'd kill to see some really in-depth expansions to the content which has - to all intents and purposes - been around since good old Sims 1. I think the game has arrived at the stage where it's not necessarily about trying to find 'new' and 'out there' things to do - it's more about actually fleshing out all the unrealised / semi-realised potential across the series.

Proper workplaces to go to and detailed things to do with your job and people to interact with - in any field of business.

Proper schools and colleges - same general idea as 'real' jobs. No more rabbit holes. Maybe even some small courses for the adults. Night-school type stuff.

Driving, roller skating, motorcycle riding, horse riding. Expand on the new open world and give more fun things to do in it. (Obviously this would involve using a different style of control, but nothing wrong with it switching from point-and-click to a GTA-type style or something along those lines.)

Some more control as a parent when dealing with your children. Not talking anything cruel or over the top, but why not be able to punish (i.e. ground them or take away certain items, send them to their rooms, make them do household chores, etc) your kids? It's one element I've always thought was lacking a bit. TS2 brought about quite a few novel and fun interactions for parents and their offspring, but I thought the sneaking out as a teen was a bit dull when you don't even get punished properly for doing it.

More ways to coordinate and plan events and weddings and parties. I always thought the weddings were a real let-down and they could be so much fun (And hey, how about being able to have them at a proper venue?) A real bridal shop would be a ripper. I guess, in a nutshell, I'd really like to see some options for advance planning and some little ways to keep some (not all) events more formal and structured.

This one is getting a wee bit nitty-gritty, but pregnancy and child-birth could really use some more goodies. For the pregnancy itself, some prenatal classes, a proper baby goods store, more of those rather charming and quirky tweaks along the lines of those that came about in the TS2 when your partner talks to your big belly, etc. (I must admit, those had me in stitches.) Bit of prenatal Yoga wouldn't hurt either! As to the birth (delving slightly into the nitty gritty now) while I like the idea of the choice that came about to have the baby at home or the hospital in TS3, it would actually be rather fun to be able to have a few quirky actions and interactions which are labour-specific. (i.e. have your partner give you a back-rub, have a good walk around the house / hospital to help speed things up, etc. Nothing explicit - just some little touches.)

Just bulking out the sort of content which has existed all along. Laundry and cleaning could still do with some proper attention.

Also, so many of the options that modders have put into things like the wonderful Insiminator should be part of the game itself. If this is a world of Sims that we have power over, complete - and at times absurd - freedom is a must. We shouldn't have to mod the game to get that sort of control. It ought to be built in. Complete aging control, relationship tweaks for the teens, birth control, pregnancy duration control, etc.

Everyone has their wish-lists, I guess the above is part of mine

If nothing else, it's fun to speculate and hope that some of the things you want will end up in the series eventually.

:D
Advertisement
Test Subject
#1102 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:40 PM
I want a carnival/theme park
Lab Assistant
#1103 Old 11th Jul 2011 at 11:48 PM
^ As did I, but I realised it wouldn't work very well. Unless it was a pre-made lot type thing, it would change the game too much. Then again it depends on how major the things in it are, I mean roller coaster designing in the game would turn it into RCT3 Lol. Placing down rides would be awesome, though.
Scholar
#1104 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by H.R.HMabs

Some more control as a parent when dealing with your children. Not talking anything cruel or over the top, but why not be able to punish (i.e. ground them or take away certain items, send them to their rooms, make them do household chores, etc) your kids? It's one element I've always thought was lacking a bit. TS2 brought about quite a few novel and fun interactions for parents and their offspring, but I thought the sneaking out as a teen was a bit dull when you don't even get punished properly for doing it.

:D
Grounding and lectures now come with Generations, which is freaking annoying when your kid is less then an hour late to school, but they're getting lectured for hours and almost miss getting to school at all 0_o I wish you could click it out and just get the "you're in trouble young man/lady" bubble if you do.
Test Subject
#1105 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 7:58 AM
I'd like to see a stuff pack/expansion expand more with beaches.

Like sand toys, surfing/boogy boarding/skim boarding, a beach vacation, etc.
Test Subject
#1106 Old 12th Jul 2011 at 10:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
Grounding and lectures now come with Generations, which is freaking annoying when your kid is less then an hour late to school, but they're getting lectured for hours and almost miss getting to school at all 0_o I wish you could click it out and just get the "you're in trouble young man/lady" bubble if you do.

Ugh. That sounds awful. I agree with you that that's a pain.

I think the idea itself is a good one, just not the way they obviously chose to implement it
Test Subject
#1107 Old 14th Jul 2011 at 11:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheeCakee
I'd like to see a stuff pack/expansion expand more with beaches.

Like sand toys, surfing/boogy boarding/skim boarding, a beach vacation, etc.

I like the sound of that. Though I'd actually love to see more recreational activities to do in ALL the outdoor areas along those lines, not just the beach.
Field Researcher
#1108 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:03 AM
The Sims 3 Governments: An expansion idea
Wouldn't it be cool to have a defined governmnet system for the sims? For instance, you chose sunset valley and the game asks you What form of government would you like:
Monarchy
Republic
None(This in particular would be chaotic.)
I mean it would be cool to me, anyway. Am I the only one who thinks this cool?
Instructor
#1109 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:08 AM
I'd like to see more involvement within the governmental aspect of The Sims, idk about an expansion because it seems like it'd be a little light and narrow.

I think once your in the higher levels of the governmental/politics career you should be able to make some decisions about the town with things like services, budgets, taxes, and employment. Each decision could effect life in the city similar to Simcity.

Modding could also probably approach this as you could also probably make a cloned City Hall that "spawns" a unique politics career to include different forms of government such as Monarchy (Leader of Free World = King or Emperor).
Mad Poster
#1110 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 5:14 AM
This idea isn't that great honestly. An EP about politics? You must be out of your mind.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Instructor
#1111 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 7:04 AM
I really like it, but it probably wouldn't happen because EA would raise too much controversy by making this into an expansion.

My true to life tumblr: http://smargent.tumblr.com/
Instructor
#1112 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 7:23 AM
I dunno, but I always thought that level 10 of the political career should be simworld Dictator. It's only appropriate. Leader of the Free World doesn't sound as impressive.

I'm not sure how a Government EP would work in TS3, since you're already given free-reign to build your town however you want. It's doubtful that EA would make such an expansion. I can't see people eagerly waiting to fork over $40 to add taxes, budgets, and government oppression in their games.

♥ ❤ ❥ Tumblr (which I never update) ♥ ❤ ❥
My Blog
Lab Assistant
#1113 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 9:42 AM
I wouldn't like politics in game, I think it would ruin the quirky and fun style of the Sims 3. It's not meant to be an extreme life simulator, just a decent one that lets you do some things you couldn't do in real life, and that's what's awesome about it.
James009 was saying about a more of a Sim City game play, but I think it would take away what the game is really for; simulating a Sims life. It would be nice to be able to control taxes and employment and all that, and that would really add some depth to the game, but I think turning the game into a sort of Sim City game where you would control much much more would take away what the game is supposed to be. Then again they could make it work somehow, who knows?

I'd prefer an update instead of a new EP for taxes and things, but not an entire update (wouldn't happen anyway) to give us a government, I would prefer that to be an EP.
Top Secret Researcher
#1114 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:36 PM
Ack...I play Sims to get away from politics and real life problems! I would prefer a business package, to be honest. A way to run shops and truly invest in the town with risk.
Theorist
#1115 Old 20th Jul 2011 at 2:55 PM
That would be like putting religion in the game...there would be some serious angry Simmers and uproars..
Instructor
#1116 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 3:35 PM
Default What EP/SP would you like to see next?
I'm sorry if someone has already made a thread like this! But since I don't see one, I have decided to make one. If there is already an active thread like this, feel free to delete this one

We all know The Sims 3 Pets is coming up, but after that, what EP or SP would you like to see? One from The Sims 1 or 2? Or a completely new one that has never been in The Sims series?

Personally, I'd love to see an EP like Superstar or Makin' Magic.

Superstar because of the things you could do like modeling, walking down a catwalk, recording jingles etc. Something like this could be a profession, say modeling, where in your work building, you had rooms to take pictures and a room with a catwalk you could model your own clothes or something like that, and hold shows as events to actually show off your outfits and such.

And Makin' Magic.. Well, do I really need to say? Magic! I know there's a store object you can purchase that will give your sim the ability to do magic (I don't know anything more about it), but I miss the sort of quests you could do in The Sims 1 Makin' Magic, and the Apartment Life witches and warlocks, I miss all of that!

So, post your opinions or ideas on what sort of EP/SP you would like to see next!
Test Subject
#1117 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:00 PM
Well, I don't want to see expansion packs from The sims or The sims 2. I really expect something new, something that our sims never had, something that we can't even imagine. I expect many thing from EA games

G.H.
B2ST/Beast
Instructor
#1118 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by George16
Well, I don't want to see expansion packs from The sims or The sims 2. I really expect something new, something that our sims never had, something that we can't even imagine. I expect many thing from EA games

Yeah, I look forward to completely new expansion and stuff packs from EA more than ones that have features from past EPs, but I love seeings things being brought back from old sims EPs like with pets, I quite liked pets from TS2, not a great deal but I'm looking forward to horses more as it's totally new.
Scholar
#1119 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:03 PM
There is a huge sticky topic on this if you'd like to add your thoughts

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=352890
Mad Poster
#1120 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:14 PM
Open for Business for TS3 and it should also include the spa elements from TS1 Superstar, all the hobbies from TS2 Freetime, and club and bowling lane elements from TS2 Nightlife.
#1121 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:31 PM
Sims 3: Giving Jobs and Eating Out.

Where you can start your own business, hire people and have other sims dine at your restaurants. They need to have actual servers instead of getting food from a cash register.
Top Secret Researcher
#1122 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:41 PM
I want that damn seasons already
Instructor
#1123 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuffyAmi
I want that damn seasons already

Me too! I just hope they make an EP with weather/seasons and a whole load of other new stuff.. I mostly hope it's the EP after pets, too!
Theorist
#1124 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Skittlenut
Me too! I just hope they make an EP with weather/seasons and a whole load of other new stuff.. I mostly hope it's the EP after pets, too!

Sadly, it might not be..there's a pattern EA seems to be doing..
It's like old idea, original idea, old idea, original idea, and here we are again with old idea, so the next EP should be original..And to line it up GA, AMB, LN, GEN, PETS, ?

Both AMB and GEN are original in their own ways, while GA, LN and PETS well mostly seem to be most features brought back, then again not much on pets yet, but there's a lot originality to it except the name but I'm hoping for Seasons next EP as well, maybe with an original twist to it! But I mainly want OFB or Seasons next, or perhaps University, if they do expand on the schooling system more.
Instructor
#1125 Old 21st Jul 2011 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TMBrandon
Sadly, it might not be..there's a pattern EA seems to be doing..
It's like old idea, original idea, old idea, original idea, and here we are again with old idea, so the next EP should be original..And to line it up GA, AMB, LN, GEN, PETS, ?

Both AMB and GEN are original in their own ways, while GA, LN and PETS well mostly seem to be most features brought back, then again not much on pets yet, but there's a lot originality to it except the name but I'm hoping for Seasons next EP as well, maybe with an original twist to it! But I mainly want OFB or Seasons next, or perhaps University, if they do expand on the schooling system more.

Yeah I see what you mean with that, I actually thought that a while ago too.. But, you never know
And I hope they bring features of old EPs into new EPs for TS3 too, actually, like with OFB and seasons like you said. I'd love to see a Uni-type EP for TS3, with a huge campus, and different buildings or rooms within a big building your student sims would have to go to for lessons/sessions.
Locked thread | Locked by: leefish Reason: no more EPS :(
Page 45 of 67