Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Color Binning Tool 0.2.30.1

by Theo Posted 28th Apr 2006 at 7:14 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 199 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 9
Test Subject
#126 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 3:06 AM Last edited by Jenchipper : 14th Jun 2007 at 3:16 AM. Reason: clarification
I have never used SimPE before and am a bit intimidated by it. I have wanted to bin my hair for quite a while and have researched the different methods out there. Theo's plug-in seems to be the easiest, from what everyone is saying, so I decided to bite the bullet and try my hand at it.

I have a couple questions about the process.

How do I know which hair needs to be binned when using the tool and if I 'rebin' a hair that already has been binned, wouldn't that cause problems? Since the hair needs to be renamed after the binning, wouldn't that make two of the same hair in the game and if it's an already binned hair, will it mess up my game?

I tried opening Body Shop to sort my hair but it crashes immediately after opening, I can't figure out what's wrong with it nor can I find a "fix" anywhere. I went through all my custom hair in game, got rid of the ones I don't use/like and wrote down some of the names of the hair, but the names in game aren't the same as the filename when using the color binning tool.

Thanks

I'm posting this both here and on Theos thread on MATY.

"Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smelly. "
- Mr. Krabs
Lab Assistant
#127 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 12:46 PM
All I can say is: I. Love. You. x.x I hated having a ridiculous number of normal-coloured hairs in the custom section...
Forum Resident
#128 Old 14th Jun 2007 at 5:49 PM
This tool is heaven sent!! Many thanks for the making of this program!!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Lab Assistant
#129 Old 27th Jun 2007 at 5:02 PM
Thanks for this wonderful tool. I needed a little time about the language, but after I checked it, it was so easy and simple. Great work.
Test Subject
#130 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 8:40 PM
Theo, thank you so much...
At this moment I am still making some test on it, as you requested...
what I have seen until this point is that it will not allow you to make one package for all the colors.. but for individual files is fine.
Let you know what else I find...

I am working with:
Raonjena files.
The Sims 2 Seasons

As you sow, so shall you reap.
Test Subject
#131 Old 22nd Jul 2007 at 11:58 PM
Oh this is awesome, I love it so much, thank you for this tool.
Gone Fishin'
retired moderator
#132 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 7:23 AM
I love you! If there's one thing that's bound to bore me to tears, it's binning hair, and this will make it sooo much easier. THANK YOU!!!
Instructor
#133 Old 23rd Jul 2007 at 1:07 PM
thank you for releasing it here. Now there should be no excuse for people not binning their hair.
Forum Resident
#134 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:07 AM Last edited by SparkleSim : 24th Jul 2007 at 12:39 AM.
Wow, That is like, too cool for words! I'm so happy and thankful you took the time to make this program for us. It's cool because now, maybe some of my downtownies or students will be seen using my custom hair! Thank you a million,Theo, you are a true genius! :D

There is just one thing I wanted to say. (Don't worry, I'm not mad. ) I just wanted to say that when I tried to open a hair package in "SavedSims", it took some time to load. I waited about 3 minutes. This could be one of my own problems, maybe I'm missing a plugin? Sorry, I was just wondering if maybe you can help me with that. I really appreciate everything you've done, Theo! :D
Theorist
#135 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 1:20 AM
Quote:
Updated 19th Jul 2007 at 11:53 AM by fanseelamb : fixing default thumbnail
I'm a bit confused as to what this means. I just downloaded and it seems to be the same file as the one Theo released in November last year - the file date, size and revision number are all the same.
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 10:49 AM
very very useful! thank you

After about 2 years of long absence, I'M BACK! :)
Lab Assistant
#137 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 12:08 PM
Thanks....this is very nice!!! It´s awesome...

But I have one question...I didn´t undestand one thing....do I have do hair by hair...or its colour -colour...how do I know if the hair is binned or not?
Instructor
#138 Old 24th Jul 2007 at 9:45 PM
in options what is the hair tone feature for?
Test Subject
#139 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 3:04 PM
does it work under SimPE 0.62, too?
Lab Assistant
#140 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 11:57 PM
Thank you, I will have to learn to handle it :P

*}·SeluXereZ·{*
Test Subject
#141 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 1:36 AM
WHYYYYY? Why is it doing this??? I get this error message and then, when I review the saved package file, all of the things that would normally be in their respective color-tabs are all bunched into one tab, doesn't seem to favor which, however. O.o?!

Cannot move file C:\Documents and Settings\HP_Administrator\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\XMSims\Sue_Hair001_0625_Black.package SimPE Version:
Default (0.60.2.20832).

Exception Stack:
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at SimPe.Plugin.GeneticCategorizer.DisablePackage(GeneticColor key)

Source:
mscorlib

Execution Stack:
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError()
at System.IO.File.Move(String sourceFileName, String destFileName)
at SimPe.Plugin.GeneticCategorizer.DisablePackage(GeneticColor key)

.NET Version:
Lab Assistant
#142 Old 26th Jul 2007 at 5:59 PM
AH this is great thank you!
Lab Assistant
#143 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 11:25 AM
Hi! I've detected a small error (or maybe I've detected a small error in my brain and are now making a fool out of myself but oh well =P)

I spent a couple of days color binning all my downloaded Sim hair, but there was 2 or 3 files who simply wouldn't "obey", that I did the process with several times but it still only showed up in the custom bin. Why is that do you reckon? All of them was pretty old files, not newer creations, if that makes any difference.

Other than that I LOVE your tool, I hate having normal hair colours crowding in the custom bin. A while before I found this tool I actually considered deleting all the hairs in the custom bin that I didn't think fitted there, because I found myself less likely to use them when they were wrong-binned, and now I don't have to =D THANK YOU!

Sincerely,
<I>Mequila</I>
Lab Assistant
#144 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:23 AM
Thank you so much for this! Now I can move all those hairs out of custom that didn't belong! This will save me a lot of time. ^^

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Test Subject
#145 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 6:06 PM
You are great thank you so much ....still have not find any mayor problem/ glitch...
Still I think it will be pretty cool if it we could add several files per color....

As you sow, so shall you reap.
Inventor
#146 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 11:59 AM
Does anyone know if there is an updated version of this? I just updated SimPE and now I cant find this Plugin in the Tools menu.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Theorist
#147 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PearDrops
Does anyone know if there is an updated version of this? I just updated SimPE and now I cant find this Plugin in the Tools menu.
This version of the The Color Binning Tool does work with the latest version of SimPE, version 0.62. I also lost this plugin after installing the latest SimPE, but I just needed to reinstall the Tool.
Inventor
#148 Old 26th Aug 2007 at 8:14 PM Last edited by PearDrops : 26th Aug 2007 at 8:39 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Sophie-David
This version of the The Color Binning Tool does work with the latest version of SimPE, version 0.62. I also lost this plugin after installing the latest SimPE, but I just needed to reinstall the Tool.

Okay I'll reinstall this and see if it shows up again, thanks

[Edit: I reinstalled the Tool and still it doesn't show *Cries*]

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
Forum Resident
#149 Old 28th Aug 2007 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SparkleSim
There is just one thing I wanted to say. (Don't worry, I'm not mad. ) I just wanted to say that when I tried to open a hair package in "SavedSims", it took some time to load. I waited about 3 minutes. This could be one of my own problems, maybe I'm missing a plugin? Sorry, I was just wondering if maybe you can help me with that. I really appreciate everything you've done, Theo! :D

Nevermind! I got it to work OK, there's absolutly nothing wrong with your download at all. It's just my computer, when I first start simpe, the very first thing I load just comes very slow, but it started to speed up after that. So, no stress, everything's working! :D

Please come check out my SIms 2 Story "Love Child" Caution: Must be 18+
Field Researcher
#150 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 12:18 AM
This is great, thanks a lot :D
Page 6 of 9