Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: Color Binning Tool 0.2.30.1

by Theo Posted 28th Apr 2006 at 7:14 PM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 9:20 PM by Nysha

207 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 199 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Test Subject
#176 Old 20th Dec 2008 at 6:40 PM
error extracting to plugins folder
i downloaded the file but when i try to extract it to the plugins folder i get an error..

~CrAzY~
Test Subject
#177 Old 1st Jan 2009 at 8:51 PM
Please help! I'm successfully getting all the files, but I can't find how to start the options dialogue! Can anyone assist me?
Forum Resident
#178 Old 6th Jan 2009 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Numenor
The binning tool has been stripped from SimPE because Theo doesn't support it any longer, and it has caused problems with the latest SimPE versions. It's a plugin that needs to be constantly updated, so to take in account the changes made by the various EP.

However, if you make a full backup of your save-game folder, you can try yourself (using the current SimPE or even an older version) if this plugin still works for you.

EDIT:
You could try using old SimPE v.0.66, downloadable from this page, that still contains the binning tool.
But again I advice you to make a full backup of your "Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2" folder!

Thank you Numenor this is very helpful!

Sims Utopia...where your sims dreams become reality!

Click above to check out my site for more updates :)

New Roleplay site Sims Utopia the town that never dies..
Test Subject
#179 Old 24th Feb 2009 at 12:57 PM
so I have to have SimPE for this? I just can't wait to sort my hairs by colours!
#180 Old 20th Apr 2009 at 9:57 AM
How the fugg do I get it to show up in SimPE
Test Subject
#181 Old 27th Jun 2009 at 10:59 PM
This is a very awesome download, but how do you do this on a Macintosh computer? You just show how to do it on a PC. When I downloaded SimPE, my computer was unable to compress it. Macintoshes don't have that "C://Documents/Package..." thing that PCs have. Also, when I attempted to download that SimPE file, there was no SimPE folder. I'd like to know how to bin because, even though most creators bin their creations on their own, this one creator, whose hair styles, I adore does not, and I'd like to have her hairs binned properly instead of simply staying in the "Custom Content" bin.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 11:45 AM
Wow it's great! I've already fixed some of my downloaded hairs with it & it works perfectly Huge huge thanks :*
Test Subject
#183 Old 8th Jul 2009 at 5:04 AM
help!!!! when i installed it SimPE doesnt work!!!!
Test Subject
#184 Old 26th Jul 2009 at 12:34 AM
THX Alot
Instructor
#185 Old 4th Aug 2009 at 8:15 PM
This may sound creepy, but I love you for doing this. It has saved me much toil.
Lab Assistant
#186 Old 5th Sep 2009 at 12:05 AM
Thanks so much for this.
The ModFather
retired moderator
#187 Old 17th Sep 2009 at 9:28 AM
This tool is outdated and may not work correctly with the current SimPE version. Read more about this in my previous post #171.

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Test Subject
#188 Old 6th Oct 2009 at 12:29 PM
Default Possibility?
Quote: Originally posted by Theo
BTW: The tool can now re-categorize facial hair, including meshed beards .

Hi there Theo,

Quick question abt what you said there - How would I go about doing that recategorising ? I was in your backyard and I ended up having a go at the Body Hair Overlays that you put up. But that was all peaches and cream 'coz there is a button in options for body overlays....
Can you help clarify my n00by-confusion?

And just a thought... If (theoretically, my case) one could re-categorise facial hair, I could you end up being literate enough to re-categorise clothing, right?? Coz that' SUPER exciting for me

Thanks for your patience!
Test Subject
#189 Old 8th Nov 2009 at 2:22 AM
Thank you so much for creating this plugin! I've been using it all day to correct my custom content, and I have not come across any errors. It works perfectly. I loaded Body Shop, and my custom hairs are now listed under their correct colors. You are a lifesaver!
Instructor
#190 Old 20th Jan 2010 at 3:25 PM
What are the odds of getting a free-standing version so I don't have to hose up my computer with SimPE?

Requests? Yes! See my journal entry for palette options! Shameless plugging of my Sim sites: (TS2) · TS4
Lab Assistant
#191 Old 9th May 2010 at 2:26 AM
I dont have SimPE

hi, i'm yasmine.
Test Subject
#192 Old 26th May 2010 at 12:37 AM
I'm having a minor problem.
Every time I save the hair, the file is a disabled package.
Mad Poster
#193 Old 13th Aug 2010 at 5:09 PM
Note to Vista users--I could not extract it directly to the Plugins folder, as I didn't have "permission." So what I did...I extracted it to another folder, and did a click-and-drag into the appropriate folder, and I have to give "administrator" permission. Probably my security settings there...I have Home Basic.

I'm going to give this a try.
Test Subject
#194 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 6:52 AM
okay, based on your feedback from others, i assume that is plugin is good....But I can't pull the file out the rar/zip. It would say {no Archives}...Now, I really want to bin my work, but this is stoping me to do so...HELP PLEASE!!!

The-Fame
Test Subject
#195 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:23 AM
Oh! im such a dumbass....Its out of date isnt it...crap. Ill stop trying then.

The-Fame
Test Subject
#196 Old 29th Dec 2010 at 3:49 AM
Why I can't i find the "SimPE" file?
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 2:13 PM
THX LOTS!!! (I still don't undrstand what to do but OH WELL!) Thx anyway ^_^

away to cookie land
YUM YUM!
Lab Assistant
#198 Old 16th Jan 2011 at 2:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yasmine0615
I dont have SimPE

Type in google: SimPE and it should come up then you go and download it. Also, you know how Numenor keeps talking abut 'SimPE'? That's because he is or is one of the creators of it Hope this gives you an Idea.

Thanks again for the upload! _

away to cookie land
YUM YUM!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 26th Feb 2012 at 1:27 AM
So useful.
Test Subject
#200 Old 6th Mar 2012 at 9:21 PM
I hope someone has something like this for later versions of simpe, I really don't want to have to install all my animation plugins etc all over again on an older version of Simpe, is there an updated version of how to link skintones to bodyshape packages without this tool?
Page 8 of 9