Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#101 Old 26th Apr 2010 at 2:58 AM
If they add pets, dogs and cats are a must of course. But I think the decorative pets are more fun. A bigger aquarium would be great, different birds would be awesome, Parrots, Parakeets, Lovebirds, Doves. Someone(s?) mentioned snakes, that'd be cool too.
If they add cows and horses and stuff, it'd be a really big addition to the game, with a lot of modification, so it'd likely be a different EP atogether, probably more Farm oriented. And personally, I'd rather see a more city-oriented EP than one farm-oriented.
Advertisement
Banned
#102 Old 27th Apr 2010 at 11:54 PM
I want a version of Spore for the Sims, where we can have our own critters. Something to stick in tombs.

Give us a critter creator with critter parts. Let us define the traits and personalities.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#103 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Neucleus
If they add pets, dogs and cats are a must of course. But I think the decorative pets are more fun. A bigger aquarium would be great, different birds would be awesome, Parrots, Parakeets, Lovebirds, Doves. Someone(s?) mentioned snakes, that'd be cool too.
If they add cows and horses and stuff, it'd be a really big addition to the game, with a lot of modification, so it'd likely be a different EP atogether, probably more Farm oriented. And personally, I'd rather see a more city-oriented EP than one farm-oriented.

decorative pets must have lots of fun interactons (not just view)

I think the next EP is going to have a city-oriented neighbourhood but its just a rumour.
Test Subject
#104 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 12:28 PM
UNICORNS!!!!!!!!!! roflllllll but something different and more exciting then cats dogs womrats and parrots because we've had them in sims1 and sim2, give us something different! ffs!

but i think it would be pretty awesome to own a pet dragon or a phoenix or an owl!!!

Harry Potter Fans United!!

Dragon flys
Owls and Dragons oh my tattoo's
Test Subject
#105 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 12:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GiveTheNineARide
None! Unleashed was my least favorite EP in Sims and although I own Pets, it's the only EP/SP for S2 that I don't have installed.

Sorry, but you asked.

You are looney! Pets was my absolute favorite! I got bored of the people and loved letting "mean" animals chase them around.

Of course I tend to like animals better in real life too!

Cats and dogs is fine by me, but I agree bunnies would be awesome, and so would snakes...

Especially if hungry snakes could sneak out and eat babies hahaha.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 6:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GiveTheNineARide
None! Unleashed was my least favorite EP in Sims and although I own Pets, it's the only EP/SP for S2 that I don't have installed.

Sorry, but you asked.

Not even puppies? But they are so cute and cuddly :lovestruc

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Site Helper
#107 Old 28th Apr 2010 at 11:44 PM
I think some fantasy options would be cool. Bring back the baby dragon from Sims 1, especially since the firefighters from ambitions are going to be on hand to put out the fires that a bored baby dragon starts. Unicorns or gryphons would be fun, especially if they were rideable. Bats would be good pets for "vampires". (Or people who think bats are cute.)

And I suppose a mummy should be able to have a pet scarab beetle.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Mad Poster
#108 Old 29th Apr 2010 at 12:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Ghost sdoj
I think some fantasy options would be cool. Bring back the baby dragon from Sims 1, especially since the firefighters from ambitions are going to be on hand to put out the fires that a bored baby dragon starts. Unicorns or gryphons would be fun, especially if they were rideable. Bats would be good pets for "vampires". (Or people who think bats are cute.)

And I suppose a mummy should be able to have a pet scarab beetle.

I love your ideas. But how about a mummified cat? That would be awesome!
Lab Assistant
#109 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 11:58 AM
Pets was my favorite expansion. Though I was bored with just Dogs, Cats, Fish and that wombat or whatever

I would like more options like Guinea Pigs, Iguanas and other types of lizards, stuff like Scorpions, Tarantulas (you probably think I'm a freak :p) and maybe even mice or rats. I'm a big fan of having some sort of farm like expansion, I'd love to see real life horses, cows, chickens, pigs etc on it as well.

As far as dogs and cats go, I just wish they had more variety in breeds.

Are thee a fan of delicious flavor?

Where'd thee obtain that juice box an doth it come in grapalicious?
Scholar
#110 Old 30th Apr 2010 at 3:34 PM
Cats and dogs works for me. I would like an ocelot. Instead of more pets, a natural habitat type zoo with jungle cats (lions, tigers, cheetahs), gorillas, elephants, monkeys, ostricghes, gazelles, etc, would be nice.
Test Subject
#111 Old 1st May 2010 at 3:32 AM
Ok,

I've thought a lot about this and I know exactly what I want:

- More realistic things for pets to do, ie: "Hump Leg". "Pee on Carpet". If left home for too long, "Chew on Couch", "Poo Spitefuly Under Bed". Also things like "Snub Cheap Pet Food", "Sneak Food Off Table" and "Go Fishing" from the fishbowl.

THAT would be perfect.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#112 Old 3rd May 2010 at 11:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nicole Eads
Tarantulas (you probably think I'm a freak :p).

I can't believe I never thought of that!
That would be fun scaring all the coward sims with a TARANTULA!!!
Test Subject
#113 Old 3rd May 2010 at 1:20 PM
Here's my list (If they made pets they should incorperate seasons in it as well):
Cats
Dogs
Birds
More Fish
Penguins
Foxes
Hamsters & Guinea Pigs
Spiders

Bats
Baby Dragons (!!!)

They should also make an EP called Farm Life, with farm animals (cows, sheep, pigs, horses, etc.) that you can look after, milk/shear, etc. and EAT. And more realistic crops, like the field in Riverview. And a Wildnerness kind of EP with squirells, bears, and stuff like that that you can hunt, or be hunted by (lol)!
I can't wait for EA to start making more EPs.
Forum Resident
#114 Old 3rd May 2010 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by apnigpeelr
Ok,

I've thought a lot about this and I know exactly what I want:

- More realistic things for pets to do, ie: "Hump Leg". "Pee on Carpet". If left home for too long, "Chew on Couch", "Poo Spitefuly Under Bed". Also things like "Snub Cheap Pet Food", "Sneak Food Off Table" and "Go Fishing" from the fishbowl.

THAT would be perfect.

Seeing the cats eat food off of the counter and table was one of the greatest Sims2 Pets animations in the EP. And they definately peed on the floor if you didn't take the dog for a walk, or clean the litter box - and the maid didn't always clean it up, she'd leave it for her "employers" to take care of when they got home The cat could scratch things into piles of splinters, but I'd love to see the dog wreak some havoc. "Chew on Couch" would be great! And fishing from the fishbowl would be awesome, too. I mean if Sims can have goldfish sushi, why can't the cat (or dog)?

Lol, if you are going for annoying, don't forget "sing along with piano". Seeing the cats and dogs howling when my sim went into concert pianist mode was very funny.

Of course the animal I want is a giant squid (I think I already posted that... not sure...) and if they could meld Spore creature creation into the Sims I could have one! Yay! Yeah, I'm dreaming. :D

My cat taught me how to fetch. I throw the toy, she shows me where it landed, and I fetch it.
Inventor
#115 Old 3rd May 2010 at 4:18 PM
Dogs
Cats
Bunnies/Guinea-Pigs
Parrot
Chickens
Hamsters
Dragons + Unicorns.

Darkness thrives in the void,
but always yields to purifying light.

My Tumblr
Lab Assistant
#116 Old 3rd May 2010 at 9:47 PM
Dogs and cats are staples, though its would be great if the pets could have traits like sims. A snobby cat could refuse anything cheap (food, bed or litter box) while a evil cat can do things out of spite, poo on bed and bite or scratch sims.

Though it would be nice to have some other pets in there that weren't just decorative pets. Maybe a snake that a sim could carry around or a bird that did more than simply fly around the lot when out of its cage. I can see a monkey working out, though with the sims it might just become a furry version of a toddler. But I really want my dragon from makin' magic back, even if he did set my house on fire.

Oh, but a rat would be awesome. What if it got out and started burrowing through walls and there was a chance that a sim could pull out a quick meal with a hole in it while it was out?
Lab Assistant
#117 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:00 PM Last edited by NetKitten : 3rd May 2010 at 10:03 PM. Reason: forgot something...
I just hope that when they do the dogs this time, they put a little more thought into tail and leg size. There are more than just BIG and LITTLE and not all dogs have long legs and tails! The crop tailed options were too limited in Sims 2... I would have liked it better if there were a slider so that we could have a long nub, average nub, or no nub at all. Same with legs. Tall short would be good. I feel if they did this, it would be a stride in the right direction for all the basset hounds, welsh corgis, and dachsunds out there!

I would also like to see at least two sizes of cats for the Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest cat lovers out there. Not all cats are the same size, either.

Horses and cows would be great. They worked so hard on Riverview, it would be nice to see something grazing in the fields beside cardboard cut outs. Also, being able to take a horse for a ride would be nice on vacation... and would make it a nice alternative for those medieval towns

And just for fun and silly... I want to be able to put aquatic pets in the swimming pools. "Hey Mortimer... wanna meet my pet Manatee?"
Forum Resident
#118 Old 3rd May 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NetKitten
I just hope that when they do the dogs this time, they put a little more thought into tail and leg size. There are more than just BIG and LITTLE and not all dogs have long legs and tails! The crop tailed options were too limited in Sims 2... I would have liked it better if there were a slider so that we could have a long nub, average nub, or no nub at all. Same with legs. Tall short would be good. I feel if they did this, it would be a stride in the right direction for all the basset hounds, welsh corgis, and dachsunds out there!

I would also like to see at least two sizes of cats for the Maine Coon and Norwegian Forest cat lovers out there. Not all cats are the same size, either.

Yes! I'd love to see the different sizes for animals also. Mainly I want to see a dachshund walking down the street. One of my neighbors has two that every day its nice outside we get to see walking past the house.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 5th May 2010 at 4:01 AM
Firstly, a Farm Life expansion would really sell. The popularity of FarmVille on Facebook has shown that humans have some Simlike inherent desire to have pixel farm animals - this would get them off Facebook (the reason you should like this even if you hate the Farm Life idea) and onto The Sims, a much more graphically capable system (which they'd have to keep private).

A zoo would be great, but I'm not mad fussed on interacting much with it - if it was sort-of like the park and you could "view" the animals (museum-style?) and walk around between exhibits, that would be amazing.

Spawnable animals. I know people have already said this, but having squirrels in the garden or deer and foxes randomly show up in woodlands would be really realistic. Also you could spawn a whole field of sheep or pigs so that the neighbourhood can look .. farmier. It'd be great if you could spawn an individual stray or two (cats or dogs) to roam the town centre, which you might adopt or give food to. If animals could be spawned in selectable quantities, modders could create their own extra species with the existing animations and fill in the gaps.

Vet career at the very least, even if it *is* rabbitholed. With the ability to do certain special interactions outside work with your own and friends' pets like with the doctor career, and perhaps the vet can be the one to "sex" the puppies and kittens (that's when a professional declares their gender shortly after birth).

It'd be great if dogs and cats could be CAS'd just like Sims themselves, selecting their height and weight, eyes, accessories (i.e. collars and neckscarves, though obviously creators will go nuts on this). If they had most of the CAS options you get for Sims (custom sliders!), there'd be literally nothing left to complain about in their appearance and breeds. Also I've seen several people say it would be better if pets were on top of the eight-Sim limit, and not included in it (IMO even if that's at the cost of making them selectable).

Hamsters, rabbits and guinea pigs as separate items, with cages and hutches respectively. Sim children would be complete if they could get their rodents out to play with, and have the chore of cleaning them out - plenty of moodlets to be had with this addition. Birds - I agree with the free-roaming aspect, and some people have their rabbits/ferrets free as well. Snakes, lizards, spiders, and other exotic pets should make an appearance at least in their tanks - but getting them out to creep out other Sims would be awesome! Sorry if I've forgotten anything, but you get the idea... wow long post. It just seems that it wouldn't make a whole EP unless there was a whole bunch of new stuff.
Scholar
#120 Old 5th May 2010 at 5:12 AM
Wow, that spawnable idea is very good, I've never thought that way. I can imagine squirrels running around the woods in Sunset View, some cats here and there in the back of the grocery/theatre/library.

I just LOVE the ideas that people are having for a future pet expansion. If all we get is dogs and cats again, it will suck. But I'm really hoping that they'll do like WA and Ambitions, you know, the same EPs,but with whole bunch of new ideas.
Lab Assistant
#121 Old 5th May 2010 at 9:47 AM
I'd love cats,dogs,fish,guinea pigs,birds, some mythical creatures, monkeys, bunnys, tigers, pandas and it goes on and on for ever...................
Test Subject
#122 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:19 AM
KITTENS! I WANT KITTENS!

chickens would be cool too, you know, for the eggs thing.
Forum Resident
#123 Old 21st May 2010 at 1:25 AM
I want a.... LLAMA!!!
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 21st May 2010 at 8:11 AM
I want kangaroos so the kids can feed them at an inappropriate time.
Lab Assistant
#125 Old 21st May 2010 at 6:06 PM
Agree with everyone and everything. Probably said this before, but needs repeating.
Want all the animals and creatures from Harry Potter, and farm stuff and zoo stuff.
Must have giant panda bear for china, camel, black cat for egypt, poodle, truffle sniffing pig for france.
Make it so sims can hunt, find, capture, keep, sell, domesticate animals in WA like new and more adventures, like bring em back alive and photo safari and find those truffles! And quick get the truffle before the pig eats them. There are also truffle hunting dogs.
Captive breeding programs to bring back animals from complete or near extinction.
Dinasours and extinct animals like Dodo, carolina parakeet, passenger pidgeon, lemurs from madagscar.
One of the zoo games has hunting for skeleton parts and putting animals back together.
Make new careers archeologist, zoologist, tour guides.
In some states there are private estates with animals that folk pay to hunt for trophys and meat - not for the squimish, but if you like torturing and killing sims, why not hunt animals? Do not report me to peta, please, just a fact of life, come from a hunting and fishing family.
And in one of the roman games there is a goat farm where the guy raises goats and then makes the meat for the meat vendors.
Pet shops, vet office. Etc, etc, etc ...... WE NEED ANIMAL EP!!!!!!!
Page 5 of 10