Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
#151 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kaospilot
Talking about useless warehouse.. Why is that there

I don't even know. :/ To me it just always seemed to scream "Turn me into a nightclub biatch!".
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#152 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by J. M. Pescado
Yes. That's a running gag in my TS2 game, with a character whose schtick was being exceptionally vain, unable to see herself in the mirror.

You speak in the present tense. Does that mean you are still playing TS2?
Alchemist
#153 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Ani and Coltraz - Uh, let's not forget kids and teens are playing this game.

I guess I see your point, but teens can't woohoo without mods, so there's no problem. To me the issue seems to be unnecessarily censored.
Test Subject
#154 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 8:39 PM
well, if ea REALLY cared about the virgin minds of children playing this game, there wouldnt be a woohoo animation, or option. wouldnt you think? And after all, they did rate it t for teen. so concerned parents shouldnt buy this game.
Instructor
#155 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:37 PM
Because Woohoo is not graphic sex, unlike The Singles that left little to the imagination.

The game censors Sex with Whoohoo and Alcohol with Nectar.

Fact you cannot make a simulation game without reproduction, the game simply call its something else when NOT trying reproduction and its quite clear what is about when you DO attempt reproduction (try for baby).

If a 12 years old have no basic idea how species reproduce your country educational system have failed, this is a non issue to anyone that is not a religious fanatic (or a complete nutcase).
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:42 PM
This is what 7th grade health class is for. And the Teen rating.
Scholar
#157 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:45 AM
The question wasn't about sex existing in the game but about casual sex and FBs being part of the packaged game. If you are an adult and that's what you want in your game then check out the mods at sexysims or one of the other adult Sims sites.
#158 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 4:36 AM
Well, I don't know that I see it as a social engineering tool as much as kids are impressionable and that has to be considered. You don't want to steer then in the wrong direction or give them a false impression of things. And I do agree with you that the parenting aspect of the game should certainly be more challenging.

The hands-off rearing of toddlers/babies in TS3 is sterile and boring and absurd. The babies social bar is filled just by picking them up? Come on! Teaching them to speak, walk and use a potty is voluntary (if you don't they miraculously learn anyway) and they don't even get a bath anymore. WT!? Eeewww! You have to clean up after tykes a lot and yet in game the milk bottles disappear and there are no longer dirty diapers. If there is anything that will make a teen think twice about having a baby --it is a loaded diaper. And you're quite right kids can walk away with the wrong impression of what its like to have a baby. They do need everything done for them and often at inconvenient times (like an hour after you got to sleep). And yes they are tiring but its also rewarding. So I do understand what you mean by feeling invested in the kids you raised in TS2.

I'd like to see baby/toddler baths back in the game as well as drawing for toddlers/kids. It was sweet that you could hang up the toddlers and kids crayon drawings. Toddlers scribble and color all the time and crayons seems more natural than an easel and oil paints for kids. A toddlers/kids chalkboard would be good. I'd also like to see some varied behavior/animations for the toddlers like - pull hair or spit up on Sim when being held (babies and toddlers do that a lot), dig up plants (this happens), climb up on furniture, climb stairs (once they can walk there's no stopping them), and eat something other than mush or food pulverized in the processor (toddlers eat hot dogs, fruit, cereal, etc). New play animations would be nice too.

People say they like TS3 baby/toddler (un)care better because they didn't enjoy taking care of the baby/toddlers --well then they shouldn't have Sim babies rather than EA diluting that aspect of the game for the rest of us.

Though this is veering off topic since the new EP is possibly called After Dark which implies night time when the little ones are sleeping.

But back on topic--wouldn't it be nice if the new EP somehow opened up the theater--if our Sims could see movies or concerts or plays?

Yes it would. I doubt they would open up the rabbithole one but they could certainly make one that is open. I want to see my sims inside and why their at it they should add a concession stand with popcorn and sodas and npc sims to wait on your sims. Movies could be several gendres and last 2 sim hours. Your sims could actually eat and drink refreshments while watching or even share a drink together. Seats would have to allow for cuddling,kissing and making out and they could even hold each others hand while watching.

Also they need a drive in theater. Hopefully AD will add romanticinteractions in cars so our sims can makeout in cars while watching a movie especially if drive in theaters are added.
Scholar
#159 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 5:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sharkloverplayer
Yes it would. I doubt they would open up the rabbithole one but they could certainly make one that is open. I want to see my sims inside and why their at it they should add a concession stand with popcorn and sodas and npc sims to wait on your sims. Movies could be several gendres and last 2 sim hours. Your sims could actually eat and drink refreshments while watching or even share a drink together. Seats would have to allow for cuddling,kissing and making out and they could even hold each others hand while watching.

Also they need a drive in theater. Hopefully AD will add romanticinteractions in cars so our sims can makeout in cars while watching a movie especially if drive in theaters are added.

I am all for the return of the NPC service sim.

A movie house with a concession stand would be fun. EA has to bring dating options with After Dark or else they're really clueless to what players want.

The car windows fogging up in TS2 was pretty funny. Cars are so NOT fun in TS3. I only buy them in TS3 to add curb appeal to my sims homes.

I miss the restaurant date animations probably the most. I thought it was adorable when one would feed the other sim a bite or walk their fingers across the table to hold hands. I also like that one sim would order for the other on a date.

It would be so nice if they bought back gift giving and gifts like jewelry, flowers, stuffed animals, and candy. In Ts2 some of my Sims would leave the most outrageous post date gifts at the other Sims door-- things like fountains (wt?!). The card/love note was sweet too. I like the idea of Sims sharing a soda (1 glass/2 straws). Some couple dancing is needed as well.
#160 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:14 AM
Yes gift giving could also be useful for storytelling when taking pictures of sims celebrating Christmas and Valentine's Day and that brings up another point. I hope After Dark will add some Christmas stuff especially Christmas Trees. We need them bad.

I also agree with buying chocolates and roses. In addition I want a vase of roses to decorate tables with.
Instructor
#161 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:25 AM
Enough about X-mas already.

What about Hanukkah zombie? And Kwanzaa bot?

In all seriousness though, I am waiting for a little more hard evidence on this new expansion pack before I will discount it as rumors and speculation.
Scholar
#162 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:51 AM
I've been thinking about a previous post saying about how when the Sims 2 fans say we want expansion packs we mean updated and changed for the Sims 3 - not exact replicas.

This got me wondering on how they would change my favourites like Seasons and Apartment Life. They redid Bon Voyage by having World Adventures more about exploring and excitement and Ambitions was at best loosely based on Open For Business, with a lot changed (whether these were for the best is not for here or now). Now, I'm curious to what they might change/add/remove for the Sims 3 expansion packs based on the old ones.

I'm sure it wouldn't be something drastic like having the nightclubs or apartments be rabbit holes (which would be the largest mistake for EA to make, and I doubt they would do this). I'd personally be content if Apartment Life was pretty much the same as it was before, with the exception that we could have the option to rent or own them.

Any thoughts?
Test Subject
#163 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 8:57 AM
I am really missing Apartment Life, Open For Business, and Seasons. I don't really care about vampires at all, I'd just love a bigger better city, more interactions, etc.
Top Secret Researcher
#164 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 9:47 AM
A movie house with a concession stand would be fun. EA has to bring dating options with After Dark or else they're really clueless to what players want.

The car windows fogging up in TS2 was pretty funny. Cars are so NOT fun in TS3. I only buy them in TS3 to add curb appeal to my sims homes.

I miss the restaurant date animations probably the most. I thought it was adorable when one would feed the other sim a bite or walk their fingers across the table to hold hands. I also like that one sim would order for the other on a date.

It would be so nice if they bought back gift giving and gifts like jewelry, flowers, stuffed animals, and candy. In Ts2 some of my Sims would leave the most outrageous post date gifts at the other Sims door-- things like fountains (wt?!). The card/love note was sweet too. I like the idea of Sims sharing a soda (1 glass/2 straws). Some couple dancing is needed as well.

I am with you. But, seriously, to have all or, at least, some of these in TS3 EAxis should get their lazy asses into work and infuse Sims 3 with some soul, some passion. The romantic interactions so far are unimpressive and look quite fake to me. The animations are not well-designed (not to mention the repetition of the same animation for different interactions) and this is not strictly bound to the romantic interactions. It applies to the realization of the game in general.
Field Researcher
#165 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 10:36 AM
Pretty sure that the name After Dark is a sign that they won't be fixing the lighting issues...
Top Secret Researcher
#166 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 11:41 AM
Maybe they have just gone all out on the vampire craze and are just focusing on that. After Dark sounds like a romantic/clubbing kind of thing. But like someone mentioned before me they have so far remade the expansion, not 'copied' them. So maybe they would just go for the vampires and not so much for the rest. I'll be deeply disappointed if that's the case..

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Alchemist
#167 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TouchMySoul
I am really missing Apartment Life, Open For Business, and Seasons. I don't really care about vampires at all, I'd just love a bigger better city, more interactions, etc.

I think you and I are the only two simmers in the world who could give a flying you know what about vampires I never played one vampire in TS2
Top Secret Researcher
#168 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore
I think you and I are the only two simmers in the world who could give a flying you know what about vampires I never played one vampire in TS2

Make that three. I never even tried playing the vampires. Aliens on the other hand

TS3 aliens? Finally! Now give us OFB and proper apartments, damnit! - EA, you are breaking my heart. - I give up.
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
#169 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coltraz
Two Sims should be able to develop a "fuck buddy" relationship.
Writing such a thing is entirely possible. It can even be an explicitly recognized status.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lab Assistant
#170 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 6:05 PM
Make that three. I never even tried playing the vampires. Aliens on the other hand

Vampires were awesome on TS2! I still liked my family to progress so would keep one vampire who lived forever while his family aged and died around him. Was quite interesting.

I NEVER managed to get a Sim abducted to make an alien baby and I played the game for years (yes, my sims did spend a lot of time stargazing with the telescope!) So I never got to try aliens. What was so cool about them?
Top Secret Researcher
#171 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 6:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ciel Noir
I NEVER managed to get a Sim abducted to make an alien baby and I played the game for years (yes, my sims did spend a lot of time stargazing with the telescope!) So I never got to try aliens. What was so cool about them?

They were just... cool! IIRC, abductions could only happen if you had the crashed UFO as a decoration in your neighbourhood. So if you played some other town than Strangetown and didn't decorate with the UFO then that might be the case

Top Secret Researcher
#172 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:21 PM
They were just... cool! IIRC, abductions could only happen if you had the crashed UFO as a decoration in your neighbourhood. So if you played some other town than Strangetown and didn't decorate with the UFO then that might be the case

Not true. You could get abducted in any neighbourhood, no matter the decorations.

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
#173 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elyasis
Enough about X-mas already.

What about Hanukkah zombie? And Kwanzaa bot?

In all seriousness though, I am waiting for a little more hard evidence on this new expansion pack before I will discount it as rumors and speculation.

Sorry but sims should be able to celebrate Christmas. They could in the sims 2 and 1. After dark may be a dating ep but it could still throw in holiday stuff for parties and couples do celebrate Christmass together. I'm tired of having to dl Christmas Trees and worry about my game crashing. I want them in the game. I don't hold much hope that the store will add a second holiday set this year either.

My motto is why not kill 2 birds with one stone then they won't have to add a holiday stuff pack later.

By the way I can't wait for outings. It will be nice for sims to be able to do things with their friends again without me having to cheat and add the friend to active family then split up the household when I'm thru with him.

Also something new they should add is an open Malt Shop with npc waiters and waitresses. It should have a nostalgic 50s look.
Top Secret Researcher
#174 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SilentPsycho
Not true. You could get abducted in any neighbourhood, no matter the decorations.

Cheers! I was never sure about how it worked.

Inventor
#175 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kennyinbmore

You are not the only two. I don't care one whit about vampires, in game or in a movie. It's all just walking dead, zombie romanticism. Necrophilia.
Page 7 of 35