Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 11:09 AM
Default Replacing Inteen...what about teens pregnant belly and maternity wear?
Hi! I would like to replace Inteen by using these instructions.
But even I did everything and downloaded Chris Hatch default teen pregnancy morph as advised, teen still can't change maternity clothes (even I also have pregnant wear anything mod and BOs Plan maternity Outfit GLOBAL.) And pregnancy bell is not shown (or not shown right) on naked teen, even when I use skin tones that has pregnant morph for teens included. When sim is naked there is pregnant morph only on top of the body, or there is a invisible gap between top and bottom etc.
So which mods and fixes I should have (and which I have to delete) to make teens wear maternity outfits (that have pregnant morphs of course) and to show pregnant belly when naked?
Or is that even possible, when replacing Inteen?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 1:41 PM
I don't think you need showerproof skins with pregnant bellies - but you do need default replacement morphs for the teen meshes you want to use (naked/bra/etc.). That should make them change into the proper ones, like any other clothes with morphs, as long as you have the proper mods.

There's teen clothes with pregmorphs added - you can still use a lot of the clothes at Insim (Kalynn06 made a bunch, I think most of hers is just regular clothes with added morphs so it works fine without inteen). Some creators add teen pregmorphs to clothes, but you have to look for it in the text. There's fewer clothes with teen morphs than adult morphs, so you'll just have to go looking.

http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/board,577.0.html
Scholar
#3 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 2:16 PM
TeenMaternity.zip, the file in that named CJH_Teen-BabyBump-Outfits.package will add a range of teen pregnancy morph enabled outfits to the default pregnancy wear GUID so they are automatically applied to teens when their pregnancy first shows the same as adults.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 2:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
I don't think you need showerproof skins with pregnant bellies - but you do need default replacement morphs for the teen meshes you want to use (naked/bra/etc.). That should make them change into the proper ones, like any other clothes with morphs, as long as you have the proper mods.

If you want the teen pregnancy to show when "true nude" (as in the shower or with a nude mod), then the skintone has to have been built with teen top and teen bottom meshes containing the pregnancy morph. The "true nude" state is built from the skintone and the skintone is built from top and bottom naked meshes not the fullbody naked mesh. But that's the only time the "showerproof" skin comes into play. The rest of the time, as simmer22 said, it is the clothing meshes which have to have the pregnancy morphs for pregnancy to show.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 4:29 PM
Thank you everyone! I will try these good advices. I am just going through all my mod conflicts and hope to make everything work without Inteen
Mad Poster
#6 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 4:46 PM
If you replace the "true nude" top/bottom meshes with some that have pregmorphs, you may not need the skins (I could be some in the inteen mod. If not, it's probably possible to make some).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 8:14 PM
I am in bit shock now Usually my game loading time is over an hour (probably like 70 minutes), but when I deleted Inteen, it loads under 30 mins... how this can even be possible?

EDIT: I did fix few other mod conflicts as well...so maybe it is not only Inteen, but still...
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 8:20 PM
If you load your game (or Bodyshop) several times in one computer bootup cycle, it usually loads slow the first time and faster the next times, even if you have (roughly) the same amount of CC. Next bootup cycle it's the same again. As a game loading tip, the game often loads a bit faster if you load Bodyshop first (even a not fully loaded Bodyshop should help).

Could be something like that, especially if you've run the game with Inteen, then without, within the same bootup cycle. I don't think removing just Inteen and a few other mods would cut down 30 minutes loading time.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 8:26 PM
If you load your game (or Bodyshop) several times in one computer bootup cycle, it loads slow the first time and faster the next times. Could be something like that?

I don't think so...because it always takes looooong time, even I had opened it many times a day. I also delete cache files every time I open the game. And still it always takes eternity to load. But now suddenly it opens so fast. Could mod conflicts (caused by Inteen or other mods) could have slow down loading time? I was always wondering why it takes so long, because I have decent computer.

EDIT: Actually loading time used to be around 20-30 minutes a year ago. And then suddenly it started to be extremely long and I didn´t understand why. Maybe mods have something to do with it, because now when I went through mods and deleted some and changed loading orders and deleted Inteen, the loading time is suddenly the same like it use to be long time ago. Weird.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 8:37 PM
I'm not an expert on mod conflicts, but it's a possibility. Sounds strange, though. That's got to be a lot of conflicts...

I've had Inteen for a long while, and my game has also loaded quite slow (I had about 35 GB of CC at the most, which was about the limit of what my old computer could handle) - but I'm considering removing it entirely from my new game (I don't use most of the functions, haven't used teen/YA pregnancy in several years, and what I do use of the rest I can find other mods for).

I think I read something about it being a good idea to turn off the screen that shows CC/mods at the start, because this could possibly speed up loading a bit. Haven't tried it (never got a chance with the old one).

Loading time can be affected by file/folder names and path length. Moving files around or editing folders and filenames can both help and make things worse, depending on what you do. Loading order is important for some mods (especially when Inteen is in the mix, but probably for a few others as well).
Forum Resident
#11 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:06 PM
My PC only takes 5 minutes to load sims 2 first run and 30 seconds to load second run and I have hundreds of mods and tons of self made CC.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:16 PM
Yes, it is very strange. But I did have a lot of mod conflicts, so much that HCDU could not read them all. I had to fix (delete) many mods, so that HCDU showed the rest and even now there is still 97 conflicts left...Lets see how fast the game opens tomorrow after I shut down the computer for tonight.

But what comes to pregancy belly. It is still not working. I used the files Chris Hatch recommended. I make teen pregnant third trimester using insimenator. Then I spawn wardrobe adjuster to change teen naked. But naked is just a normal body, no belly at all. (To be sure I used skin tone that certainly had teen pregnancy morphs in it, but I also tried with skin that didn't have morph)
If I try to buy outfit that I know have a pregnancy morph (using wardrobe adjustor again), teen who is pregnant won't even change it. I get text that "outfit is not available " for my teen. If I try to choose "maternity outfit", also not available.

I have next files:
CJH_Teen-BabyBump-Outfits
CJH-DefaultTeen + morphs
CJH-DefaultTeenmorphs-fixnormals
CJH-Default Teenmorphs-fixnormals-sexyfeet
Pregnancy wear any outfit
BO- Plan Maternity Outfit GLOBAL

Should I remove some of them and if, which? They don't show any conflicts in HCDU. (Or the last two do, but there is a loading order solution for them)
Mad Poster
#13 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:20 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 31st Dec 2020 at 2:00 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
If you want the teen pregnancy to show when "true nude" (as in the shower or with a nude mod), then the skintone has to have been built with teen top and teen bottom meshes containing the pregnancy morph. The "true nude" state is built from the skintone and the skintone is built from top and bottom naked meshes not the fullbody naked mesh. But that's the only time the "showerproof" skin comes into play. The rest of the time, as simmer22 said, it is the clothing meshes which have to have the pregnancy morphs for pregnancy to show.

The "CJH-DefaultTeen+morphs" file Chris supplied above has the top/bottom files you'd need to NOT need showerproof skins (these are the kinds I meant you'd need, by the way). They seem to be for both teen female and male, so put this in and you'd be good to go for showerproofing all plain skins (Edit: Except for the likes of special bodyshapes, mermaids, and anything non-standard that would need special meshes for showerproofing anyway). Any other meshes would need pregmorphs too, of course. No idea if Inteen edits the same files (probably does) so you might want to put them in after removing Inteen. Didn't see the file earlier, but looks like a very useful one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
My PC only takes 5 minutes to load sims 2 first run and 30 seconds to load second run and I have hundreds of mods and tons of self made CC.

Wow, It is strange how much the loading times vary. I use table PC. I have 15 GB of CC. When game finally opens it works well and pretty smoothly though. I have tried all tricks. Used Bulk Name Utility, Compressorizer and only programs I have beside Sims 2 are Gimp and Milkshape and SimPE and they are closed of course when I play. And there is almost 100 GB free space on C:disk and Windows is 7.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 9:35 PM Last edited by karlakoo : 30th Dec 2020 at 10:37 PM.
The "CJH-DefaultTeen+morphs" file Chris supplied above has the top/bottom files you'd need to NOT need showerproof skins (these are the kinds I meant you'd need, by the way). They seem to be for both teen female and male, so put this in and you'd be good to go for showerproofing all skins. Any other meshes would need pregmorphs too, of course. No idea if Inteen edits the same files (probably does) so you might want to put them in after removing Inteen. Didn't see the file earlier, but looks like a very useful one.

Maybe I test without any other CC and see if it helps. Perhaps I have some Inteen-files still somewhere in my downloads folder or some other files that prevents those teen morphs showing.

EDIT: I tested in clean game, with only Inteen replacement mods on + CJH-default Teen + morphs. Now teen changes a dress that has pregnant morph. But she cannot change any other clothes. Not even to custom clothes that has pregnancy morph.
And when she is naked, only the bottom of the body has the belly, top of the body is normal.
Well, I am going to sleep now and keep researching more tomorrow.
Forum Resident
#16 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 12:16 AM
The "CJH-DefaultTeen+morphs" file Chris supplied above has the top/bottom files you'd need to NOT need showerproof skins (these are the kinds I meant you'd need, by the way). They seem to be for both teen female and male, so put this in and you'd be good to go for showerproofing all skins. Any other meshes would need pregmorphs too, of course. No idea if Inteen edits the same files (probably does) so you might want to put them in after removing Inteen. Didn't see the file earlier, but looks like a very useful one.

You are correct. Chris' file should override the default Maxis teen top and bottom meshes so any skins created with the default teen size should be pregnancy enabled without having to change the skins themselves. (If the teens aren't Maxis default, then the skins would more than likely have to be rebuilt or relinked.)

Quote: Originally posted by karlakoo
Maybe I test without any other CC and see if it helps. Perhaps I have some Inteen-files still somewhere in my downloads folder or some other files that prevents those teen morphs showing.

EDIT: I tested in clean game, with only Inteen replacement mods on + CJH-default Teen + morphs. Now teen changes a dress that has pregnant morph. But she cannot change any other clothes. Not even to custom clothes that has pregnancy morph.
And when she is naked, only the bottom of the body has the belly, top of the body is normal.
Well, I am going to sleep now and keep researching more tomorrow.

Do you still have the "Pregnancy wear any outfit" mod installed? That may be needed in order for the teen to change to any other clothing except the pregnancy wear enabled by Chris' mod.

Since the Wardrobe Adjuster says Maternity isn't available for your teens, do any of your replacement mods allow for that? Since by Maxis default teen pregnancy isn't available, it seems that the Wardrobe Adjuster doesn't know that Teens can become pregnant and thus won't allow you select that clothing category.

Do you have any other default overrides for teens? Chris' file overrides top and bottom meshes with ones with morphs so since only the bottom shows pregnant, do you have another default naked teen top mesh override somewhere that you may have overlooked which is preventing Chris' top mesh from being used?

What version of Inteen were you using? The later versions had the "zzzInteenimator_G.package installed in the Program Files (x86)\EA Games\The Sims2 Apartment Life\TSData\Res\Overrides folder for AL or Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Fun with Pets\SP9\TSData\Res\Overrides for the UC. Did you remember to remove that file?

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#17 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 2:07 AM
In a default game, teens and YA can't get pregnant (at least not properly), so you are going to need other mods to go around that if you don't have Inteen. Same for the availability of maternity clothes. They're not fully enabled by default, so you are going to need mods for the game to recognize them and for sims to be able to change into them when pregnant, especially for teens.

Make sure Chris' mod loads last by putting a few ZZZs in front, and either put it in the last folder or directly into the Downloads folder (I keep my ZZZPregWearAll mod there along with a couple others - these files are the last to load). The game uses whichever item loads last, so if you do have something that overrides it, at least you can test it and go look for the other one later (but remember to do so).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 10:56 AM
Thank you again, I really appreciate that you are trying to help me
HobbesED: Good advice, as I DID have forgot to delete "zzzInteenimator_G.package". I deleted it now.

Right now I am playing the game from test-folder. Which means that in my downloads folder I have only mods listed in here in proper order + these:
-Pregnancy wear anything
-CJH_Teen-BabyBump-Outfits
-CJH-DefaultTeen + morphs
-CJH-DefaultTeenmorphs-fixnormals (should fix the gap between top and bottoms of morphs)
-CJH-Default Teenmorphs-fixnormals-sexyfeet (adds male morph a sexyfeets)

Skin is maxis skin.

I have tried to change loading order. I put all these four morph-mods to load last of all, but it made everything worse. Even the bottom part of morph doesn't exist anymore. Then I made all these morphs load first, but still bottom part (which earlier was there) isn't appearing anymore. I have deleted cache files each time. I even tried to download some other pregnancy morphs and tried Blooms_biggerpregnancyBellyTeen files, but still teen don't get pregnant belly when naked or in custom clothes.

Only think I can think of is, that in those files that replace Inteen have something wrong. Which is weird, because BrokenDoll says it works for her, and I did everything she did and same loading order, so I really don't get it.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 12:45 PM
Are you sure it will work as you expect? Looking further down that page on BrokenDoll's Simbler, it says this "I still have the teen baby bump issue so I don’t play the birth cinematics anymore to avoid it". Any idea what the teen baby bump issue mentioned is?

HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HobbesED
Are you sure it will work as you expect? Looking further down that page on BrokenDoll's Simbler, it says this "I still have the teen baby bump issue so I don’t play the birth cinematics anymore to avoid it". Any idea what the teen baby bump issue mentioned is?

When I read further her post I understood that she was able to solve baby bump issue using CHJs morphs. But english is not my native language, so it is very much possible that I havent understood right. Perhaps I should ask in some bloggers (who have replaced Inteen) tumblrs how it works in their games.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 2:41 PM
Looks like the TF bottom mesh in CH's file isn't blockfeet and it's not very low-poly either.

After having a peek, the ones included with the Inteenimator are quite strange. Looks like teen meshes on adult skeletons or something like that, and they're not top + bottom, but seems like they've been made standalone, so looks like you can safely use top/bottom meshes alongside them (I don't think those would show up unless Inteen is fully removed, though - the body meshes are found in the Inteenimator_F file).
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#22 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:38 PM
Looks like the TF bottom mesh in CH's file isn't blockfeet and it's not very low-poly either.

After having a peek, the ones included with the Inteenimator are quite strange. Looks like teen meshes on adult skeletons or something like that, and they're not top + bottom, but seems like they've been made standalone, so looks like you can safely use top/bottom meshes alongside them (I don't think those would show up unless Inteen is fully removed, though - the body meshes are found in the Inteenimator_F file).

Do you mean that I should use CHs files and Inteenimator_F file together? (And remove rest of the Inteen)
Mad Poster
#23 Old 31st Dec 2020 at 3:44 PM
No, I don't think the Inteen file works without the rest of Inteen.