Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 6:41 PM
Default ACR Mod - pregnant with Townie's child?
Hi,

I downloaded the ACR 2 mod a while ago and I am pretty happy with it. There is however one thing that is quite weird: my female Sims can get pregnant when woohoo'ing a Townie. At first I thought it was funny (the first case was a recently graduated student having a last adventure with her professor), but it starts annoying me. It is weird to have a father in the family tree that will not grow old and die.

- has anyone had the same issue?
- can you fix it in the settings? Maybe I overlooked something...

Small details: "unmarried Try for baby not allowed" did not prevent my Sim from getting pregnant

The only way I can seem to avoid is to really put the Sim on birth control, which I don't always do because I like some randomness e.g. when a female Sim is ready to have a baby it is quite realistic to have a small chance it will have another father when cheating on the husband :-) Or when I have a single family Sim who wants a baby, it is fun to randomly woohoo some neighbors and see who will be the father, as in: a playable Sim from another household.

If there is anyone who can help me with this?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 6:56 PM
This does not happen in my game because the "unmarried try for baby not allowed" does work. Perhaps you have a mod conflict?

Mac user
Field Researcher
#3 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 7:33 PM
Are you using the ACR functionality for the woohoo?

If you have a female Sim woohoo with a townie, depending on what mods you have installed, there is a chance of pregnancy through risky woohoo. It's something like 30% with most mods, which gives pretty good odds that she'll get pregnant.

If she is using the ACR woohoo (casual woohoo), then I don't know what's going on.

When a townie impregnates one of my sims, they get to move in and become playable. I use a dice roll to determine if a female townie gets pregnant too.
Alchemist
#4 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 7:50 PM
It sounds like the mod is working the way it's supposed to, and like in real life, the Sims will have to use birth control when they're sleeping w/someone they don't want to get pregnant by, and use the morning after pill if the protection fails. The birth control setting's not permanent, so you can turn it back off after they're finished woohooing the townie.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 7:54 PM
You could always use Name the Father to make the child fatherless and then the townie won't show up in the family tree. Also, I have noticed that indeed the "Unmarried Try For Baby Not Allowed" under individual sim settings doesn't seem to do anything, but presumably the global flag would work. Also, if you get an unwanted pregnancy with ACR, you can always take a morning after pill.
Instructor
#6 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 8:25 PM
I've so far been moving the townies in when that happens. Kennedy Cox is much more attentive to the child than Nina, anyway
Field Researcher
#7 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 8:56 PM
I think unmarried try for baby does work, but there is also risky woohoo where they can get pregnant from casual woohoo.

You could put the townies on birth control. Might take a while to get them all, but that should work.

Or you could involved them in the childs live, even if they don't move in, and age them around the time the mother ages.

Or use name the father, as kestrellyn suggested.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 10:42 PM
If the townie isn't interested in taking an active part in the child's upbringing (or the mother doesn't want him to) then move him in with another playable friend, so he gets included in the rotation. That way at least he'll grow old at the same rate as as the other playables. And, when the child grows older, they may try to make contact with their natural father.)

If he doesn't have any other playable friends, then your game must be very different to mine!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Scholar
#9 Old 30th Oct 2020 at 11:18 PM
Or, if the townie doesn't have any playable friends who could invite him to move in, you could move him in anywhere with a mod like the Teleporter Cat or the Sim Blender, that don't require a relationship between the townie and his new family, and then either play him as part of that household or move him out on his own, if he has the funds. If you have several townies fathering playable children, they could all move in together and form a Baby-Daddy Club.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 1:33 AM
Maybe just odd, but I often pick a "neighbor" to be the "father" (could actually be a female). When the baby is born that neighbor keeps walking by (moms have never met). When kid is a child they do it even more, and I have the kid meet and have a relationship with the dad.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 2:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Clashfan
This does not happen in my game because the "unmarried try for baby not allowed" does work. Perhaps you have a mod conflict?

Their sim would have got pregnant by risky woohoo, so not a conflict but part of the mod. I think every woohoo comes with a 10% chance of pregnancy unless that is manually changed.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 3:33 AM
If the pregnancy is from risky woohoo, it's very obvious, because there's a popup that tells you the sim got pregnant from risky woohoo. I'm assuming that wasn't the case because otherwise the person would be very aware of that fact.
Lab Assistant
#13 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 5:03 AM
Cant female sims get pregnant from townies in the Vanilla game? I seem to remember this being a thing.

They should use The Sims 2 in psychology....it could work wonders.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 5:43 AM
Yes, they definitely can. But I guess some people never intentionally try for baby in that case, for whatever reason.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 9:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
If the pregnancy is from risky woohoo, it's very obvious, because there's a popup that tells you the sim got pregnant from risky woohoo. I'm assuming that wasn't the case because otherwise the person would be very aware of that fact.

Maybe they are switched off. I know I don't get them, but I'm not sure if I disabled them or if they were disabled from the start. Rather think it's the second one, actually.
Theorist
#16 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 11:09 AM
I play with risky woohoo, silent pregnancy and unmarried try for baby disabled.
The latter definitely works because in my previous hoods my sims often tried for babies unmarried. I had to turn it off because I had too many births.
I don't get pop-up of any kind nowadays because they are disabled for randomness sake.
Forum Resident
#17 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 1:55 PM
The notifications must be disabled by default, because I've never gotten them; didn't even know they were a thing. I rely on the chimes to see if a sim is pregnant or not.

As others have mentioned, Risky Woohoo is a feature of the mod not a glitch/conflict. It can be easily set to 0% if you want to. I believe the default is actually 5%, as I remember having to set it to 10% myself.

Also remember that the option you see in the pie menu is the one active; so if it says "Unmarried TFB is Not Allowed," it means just that, if you click on it, it enables the option. I'm sure a lot of people know this, though, but I heard that it was a common mistake.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#18 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 7:12 PM
You just need to know what settings exactly to set to get desired effect. In my pure romance neighborhood Try For Baby is globally set for everyone available BUT every single sim is set Cannot Get Pregnant. And now ACR fools itself trying for baby 5x per day what comes in hand to my romance sims. With Casual Woohoo only ACR acts only once per day.

The other thing is if you play with Maxis aging off no one gets pregnant.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Annaminna
The other thing is if you play with Maxis aging off no one gets pregnant.

Really? I use Maxis aging off in my custom hood and I've had pregnancies... not via ACR, if that's what you mean, but I've had normal pregnancies with Maxis aging off.

Scholar
#20 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 9:33 PM
I play with the version of ACR that is updated through BV, not the version updated through AL. I don't know if they are different.

I went in and checked mine out specifically. There is a risky woohoo that is at 5% default but can be adjusted up or down for all casual woohoo via ACR. When sims get to a certain age that percentage does drop to zero but it does not do that until a sim is within 3 or 4 days of aging up.

All notifications are disabled by default you have to go in and turn them on. I personally play with "try for baby" dialog on, cause I think it's fun to watch the chance rolls. I do get notifications if a risky woohoo via ACR happens.

"Try for baby unmarried" is set via the override option for the entire hood. You can also adjust individual sim tokens. It absolutely does work because if it didn't I must have the luckiest romance/pleasure sims in the universe because not one of mine has ever gotten pregnant via ACR if they are unmarried. I've even run brothels and not had it happen.

There is a separate mod called "risky woohoo" and if you use this in conjunction with ACR then yes you are probably going to see some townies pregnant your sims. I don't use this mod but my understanding is that the chances are pretty high for photo and clothing booth woohoo (30%), low for hot tub and I think 10% for bed or sofa. That combined with ACR could certainly lead to unwanted pregnancies, that has nothing to do with ACR's "try for baby" autonomy though.

If you don't have the risky woohoo mod and have set your ACR via the override and still have unmarried sims getting pregnant then you either have a conflict somewhere or you should try installing ACR again as yours is not functioning properly.

Mac user
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
The notifications must be disabled by default, because I've never gotten them; didn't even know they were a thing. I rely on the chimes to see if a sim is pregnant or not.

As others have mentioned, Risky Woohoo is a feature of the mod not a glitch/conflict. It can be easily set to 0% if you want to. I believe the default is actually 5%, as I remember having to set it to 10% myself.

Also remember that the option you see in the pie menu is the one active; so if it says "Unmarried TFB is Not Allowed," it means just that, if you click on it, it enables the option. I'm sure a lot of people know this, though, but I heard that it was a common mistake.

The popups are enabled by default. If you don't get them, you must have disabled them in the past and forgotten. I don't know if there is a way to disable the risky woohoo popup, actually, I only know of a way to disable the try for baby dialogs. All I can say about unmarried try for baby is that for all of my sims, if you go to the "Sim" section and look at the sim's personal flags, they all say "unmarried try for baby is disabled" and they frequently try for baby when unmarried.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
The popups are enabled by default. If you don't get them, you must have disabled them in the past and forgotten.

Are you sure? Because I didn't know there was an option to mess with popups; I didn't even know you could get them with the exception of the Token Stats and the popup that it's been installed. Granted, I've only been using ACR for a month, so I'm no expert.

The only options I've messed with are Gender Preference (10% Gay, 10% Bi), Risky Percentage (10%), Cool Down Timer (x4), and Cinematics (Never (I love the game's cinematics, but the woohoo one is a bit silly )). I've turned unmarried TFB and woohoo on, set the jealousy override to In-Love (3), and configured which sims are loyal and which aren't. Nothing to do with pop-ups... not that I'm too bothered anyway, as I like a bit of mystery

I might have to hunt that option down tonight, as I've never seen it before. Is it in Global Overrides? Or is it elsewhere?

Mad Poster
#23 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 3:35 PM
It looks like there's a lot of players who've installed this without checking what all of the options and settings are and never bothered to fully check on everything to make sure things were actually set for how they wanted romance to be handled in the town and for each sim or each lot.I would back my entire Sims 2 game folder up fully both before and just after installing ACR before even setting it up or runnign my game for longer than it takes to install the Mod and call on the controller.It's because I want to have something to go back to if anything went wrong in setting the Mod up.This actually sounds like something that needs tuning and configuring before starting to play with it activated or you get unwanted results from it like broken marriages and sims cheating on their partners who shouldn't.
Scholar
#24 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CrystalFlame360
Are you sure? Because I didn't know there was an option to mess with popups; I didn't even know you could get them with the exception of the Token Stats and the popup that it's been installed. Granted, I've only been using ACR for a month, so I'm no expert.

The only options I've messed with are Gender Preference (10% Gay, 10% Bi), Risky Percentage (10%), Cool Down Timer (x4), and Cinematics (Never (I love the game's cinematics, but the woohoo one is a bit silly )). I've turned unmarried TFB and woohoo on, set the jealousy override to In-Love (3), and configured which sims are loyal and which aren't. Nothing to do with pop-ups... not that I'm too bothered anyway, as I like a bit of mystery

I might have to hunt that option down tonight, as I've never seen it before. Is it in Global Overrides? Or is it elsewhere?

If you click on the controller you see a "try for baby" option under that there is a "try for baby dialog on/off". That is the only dialog option I know of. It will pop up a screen on the top right when you have a casual woohoo. It shows the percentages for the relationship based on aspiration both plus and minus and gives the current percentage of chance for the two sims to "try for baby". Below that it shows the random rolled number which must be lower than the percentage of chance. If they do try for a baby it will then pop up another box that shows the current percentage of chance for it to be successfull and again the random rolled number which must be lower than the chance percentage.

I don't know if this also controls the risky woohoo pop up or not. I've only ever had two of those happen off of ACR alone and I did get a pop up for both of them. The dialog is not a global setting you have to enable it per token, at least in my game you do.

@TadOlson You should always back up your game before adding new mods but I do agree that it's especially important with a big mod like ACR.

Mac user
Mad Poster
#25 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 4:41 PM
@Clashfan -I've always done that with the folder or at least the contents of it because things can go wrong with anythin new installed and it's also the way to go if installing anything that might add charector files or NPC's as removing those can damage the game.I just backed my folder up fairly recently and often do it at least once a month even when nothing is installed for monthes at a time in case something went wrong in the game.I once made the mistake of turning something on in TS3 and my game was completely ruined after a child got taken by the game social worker and my save ended up being corrupted by that.I lost two other saves that way from social workers in TS3 and that last incident was the worst because my UI went into failure after the save was horribly corrupted when the social worker took my family's baby.
Page 1 of 2