Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 11:31 AM
Default Hood Dilemma
Hi all! Currently I have a sort of custom neighborhood going, in which I have already played for a little while and I've grown quite attached to the characters. However, when I made the neighborhood, I was too overwhelmed by how much modding I was adding to my game at the time and quite frankly couldn't be bothered to install any clean templates or subhoods. Now that some time has passed I've started to get really frustrated with the premade townies, they just look ridiculous and way too over the top for my taste. It makes it rather frustrating to find partners for my sims.

I've thought about attempting to clone my families (I have about 3 main ones) through SimPE and moving them into a clean hood, but it seems way too complicated and troublesome.. I don't really want to start from scratch either, so I'm not really sure what to do.
I was thinking about letting the game generate some new townies for me using the default templates I have or making some of my own but I'm worried about having too many townies..

What would you guys do in my situation?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 11:57 AM
Kill off premade townies or give them makeovers. Every hood needs a nice graveyard anyway
Field Researcher
#3 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 12:10 PM
How many townies are there?
I'd probably kill them off to. Or move them in somewhere in large groups and give them them a prison token to keep them from showing up.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 12:41 PM
If you have patience, you could make them over into new Sims as well. I'm thinking a face surgery, wardrobe change, personality change, etc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 12:45 PM
I love the prison token idea, I've never played with a mod like that so I'll definitely give it a try.
Quote: Originally posted by mate54
If you have patience, you could make them over into new Sims as well. I'm thinking a face surgery, wardrobe change, personality change, etc.

I love to makeover townies, but it bothers me that the changes aren't genetic, and having to fiddle with SimPE for every townie to geneticize the changes is a little too much for me. I guess there is the possibility of only geneticizing the changes if my sims get involved with the townie somehow... It's not a bad idea really! I'll definitely consider this.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 1:20 PM
I've been using the lot visitor controller to ban unwanted visitors to community lots and my towns aren't that full and community lots are usually very empty except when playables from another family come to the lot as well.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 1:22 PM
The simplest option I can think of would be to use Christianlov's Gussy Up to dress the townies in clothes that are more to your taste. It also offers a plastic surgery option (provided that you have University).

(I NEVER kill Sims!)

[EDIT] You only have to geneticise them if they are likely to have children with playables. So I'd wait till there's a sign of a relationship before I worried about that. I think at least one of the popular mods (it might be Simblender) has an option to make appearance genetic.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 2:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CosmicEcho
I love to makeover townies, but it bothers me that the changes aren't genetic, and having to fiddle with SimPE for every townie to geneticize the changes is a little too much for me. I guess there is the possibility of only geneticizing the changes if my sims get involved with the townie somehow... It's not a bad idea really! I'll definitely consider this.
Do you have Theo's alt Sim Surgery plugin for SimPE? Very easy to use, just make a sim the way you want your townie to look with Bodyshop and then open your neighbourhood in Alt Sim Surgery. Select the sim you want to change and the sim you made in Bodyshop, click the button and the appearance is changed as well as the genetics.
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...hp?topic=3563.0
I like to use custom sliders to make my sims with and prefer CAS, so I make my townies in a test neighbourhood, and then use the alt sim surgery plugin to extract the sims from that (instead of using Bodyshop to make them).