Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 3233 (Who?), Viewed: 132171 times.
Page 81 of 130
Forum Resident
#2001 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Issie
I think a colour wheel would of been great with the option of importing textures into the game so that people that could run thousands of patterns could do so and people with low end computers would just use the default mode.

Personally I think an external tool for that would have been the best solution. A sort of body shop tool where you can slap the colour, patterns and textures on clothing/objects and then import them into the game as swatches. Possibly the color wheel could still be in the game itself?

In any case it would need to be improved from Sims 3. In Sims 3 it was so difficult to get something that wasn't 1) too loud (colour wise) 2)looking rubbery 3)both.

With hair and skin colours I'd wish they'd find a hybrid system between that and the recessive and dominant genes in Sims 2, perhaps you could designate a haircolour as dominant or recessive.

I really want a Life Sim with proper (but improved) genes and memories like in Sims 2.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Advertisement
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2002 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfire88
So they cut the visitor count to the TS4 section in half by closing the Receptacle...GENIUS!

No, I understand that to a certain extend but the Receptacle thread did not hurt anybody, it just sat there, doing its own thing.
I'm pretty sure that there were a lot of reports to the mods and complaints about it and outside MTS its TS4 section was synonymous with The Receptacle. "Want to complain and whine? Head over to ModTheSims!" Not exactly ideal advertising.
So noone paid any real attention to the wit, laughter and fine sportsmanship that was actually happening in that filthy trashcan that went by the name of Receptacle. I'm still amazed how well everyone dealt with when anoher user or thread was dumped into there and was either quickly assimilated or held at bay.
And of course, noone paid any real attention that two of the most prolific TS4 modders were also two of the most prolific Receptacularists. This garbage pile bred progress, as is usually the case in the outside world, too.
Mad Poster
#2003 Old 11th May 2015 at 2:51 PM
An easy solution would've been to move The Receptacle to the Sims 3 Forum - nobody there would've cared at all and Sims 4 players wouldn't have to see The Receptacle. But that's the point, isn't it? Giving more views to the TS3 forum wouldn't be a solution in the staff's eyes. We could've moved ourselves to the Sims 3 (or 2?) forums, but now I suppose it's too late.

In my last Receptacle post I said I would feel better if I knew the reason they were closing it. Well, now I've seen the "reason". So I was wrong - I don't feel better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Babilon
Someone in the Receptacle once suggested an extra section for Sims and simulation games in general. I still think that this would be an excellent idea. There are enough people here who have played more than just one version of The Sims and there are also enough who are sensible enough to not see their preferred version as the epitome of perfection. I think I'd love to hang out in such a place.

Also, I can see that the mods and admins could be slightly worried with how the TS4 section has turned out so far. TS2 has declined, TS3 will decline soon but the TS4 section still hasn't gained any real momentum. Only the TS1 section has less visitors on average. And I guess MTS drives on visitor counts to some extent.
This new TS section could welcome all the shut down Negative Nancies while still maintaining something of interest for everyone. And I bet some Gurus would be likely to visit that section, too, to discuss their games in more general terms without having to defend the "minutiae".

I was thinking something like that too - that they're worried that negativity about the Sims 4 will ultimately damage the site, so the forum has to be rigorously policed for negativity. My take is that the Sims 4 will damage the site because the Sims 4 is shit. It's nobody here's fault that Sims Studio fucked up.
#2004 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:19 PM
Can anyone tell me please why my signature isn't showing? Is it a matter of patience or is there some other button to press apart from showing signatures in my profile options?

Edit: Duh, now it shows
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2005 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:22 PM
I've just ordered the glass for my front door. It currently has that horrid reeded stuff and I am changing it for plain glass. The door will be lemon yellow.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#2006 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:26 PM
I have an invitation for dinner tonight. What colour should the rose have in order to not convey any message at all?
Forum Resident
#2007 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:31 PM
Quote:
I have an invitation for dinner tonight. What colour should the rose have in order to not convey any message at all?

http://www.lillysrosegarden.com/ros...-symbolism.html

Lavender and White seem to be safe colours, as does orange, personally orange roses are my favorite.

#2008 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:35 PM
Quote:
http://www.lillysrosegarden.com/rose-colors-symbolism.html

Lavender and White seem to be safe colours, as does orange, personally orange roses are my favorite.
OK, it seems that there is not a single rose colour that doesn't have any meaning. Maybe I should choose another flower then or present the lady of the house with a lemon coloured door instead. Sounds quite lovely actually!
My door is brown, brass and mint green. No glass.

But here's one for you, Phoenixfire88:
Top Secret Researcher
#2009 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:35 PM
Calling it now: MTS is in cahoots with EA. *dun dun duuuuuuuuuuun*

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Field Researcher
#2010 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:43 PM
Quote:
You might perhaps enjoy then reading the developer blog for the upcoming game Clockwork Empires: https://www.gaslampgames.com/blog/

Thanks very much for that link! At first glance Clockwork Empires seems to be Banished crossed with The Sims. While it's still in an "early access" state, it's definitely a game to keep an eye on.

Another dev post about the game's AI that I found interesting: https://www.gaslampgames.com/2015/0...-from-the-sims/
Forum Resident
#2011 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:45 PM
Quote:
OK, it seems that there is not a single rose colour that doesn't have any meaning. Maybe I should choose another flower then or present the lady of the house with a lemon coloured door instead. Sounds quite lovely actually!
My door is brown, brass and mint green. No glass.

But here's one for you, Phoenixfire88:

Awww thanks!

Aren't lilac trees blooming in Europe now? You could bring some lilacs, they smell lovely!

On the topic of Sims 4 discussion, there's these Social Groups Forums here on MTS: http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=546

We could start a social group there to keep the Receptacle alive? But that still stinks of exile....

#2012 Old 11th May 2015 at 3:54 PM
Hm, I'll have to see. I'm being picked up in about an hour and the shop is around the corner. The last time I found a very eccentric orchid there. It was almost completely green, then became brighter and ended with a deep orange right at the petals' tips.

Edit: Ok, I think I have met the 40% non-Sims related ratio now.
Mad Poster
#2013 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:02 PM
Quote:
Awww thanks!

Aren't lilac trees blooming in Europe now? You could bring some lilacs, they smell lovely!

On the topic of Sims 4 discussion, there's these Social Groups Forums here on MTS: http://modthesims.info/fd.php?f=546

We could start a social group there to keep the Receptacle alive? But that still stinks of exile....

So, we could have our one thread, but we'd have to join the group first? Is this how it works?

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Lab Assistant
#2014 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:05 PM
Are lilacs really blooming in Europe now? In California they have been done for several weeks now.

The Receptacle is dead; long live the Receptacle!
#2015 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MadameButterfly~
So, we could have our one thread, but we'd have to join the group first? Is this how it works?
I do have a Social Group already Prophets and Visionaries of Gaming It's mostly inhabited by tumbleweeds and desert lizards atm, though. But I think it is open and anyone can start a thread in it. I think you only need invitations if you lock it to invites only. I still haven't really looked after it so I don't know how much it differs from other threads and sections. I think that the one who starts the group is some sort of mini-moderator but without any real power. Maybe I can rename the group and have it like a Re-Receptacle. You can find it by going to my profile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmoore61
Are lilacs really blooming in Europe now? In California they have been done for several weeks now.
I don't really know. The Magnolias at least have been done here and the cherry blossom started maybe two or three weeks ago. The thing that is blooming like crazy at the moment here is Sweetscented Bedstraw (also called woodruff, sweet woodruff, and wild baby's breath). The smell is almost overwhelming in some places.
Forum Resident
#2016 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:09 PM
Yes, apparently if you click on Social Groups Home, under discussion you can create a group. Not sure how you have people actually join it though....

#2017 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:19 PM
Ok, I just had a quick check. I can rename the group, I can repurpose it, I can make it members only or leave it public. Someone else would have to check whether anyone can start a thread. At least RoseCity was able to post without having to be invited or a member. I'm the only member
Mad Poster
#2018 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:21 PM
If you renamed it, Don, you would probably have to change the objective of it also. Apparently they do patrol for "off-topicness". Plus, some older groups, like in 2009 older, got shut down for being too "rapid-fire" chatty.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

Ninja'd lol

Scholar
#2019 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:27 PM
So now I must stay off topic. Or within a certain percentage of off-topicness? No talking about Sims?!

Damn. I wrote a post about this in The Receptacle: how we would be followed and any thread we ended up in would be closed as well. People thought that post was funny. I thought it was funny.
But I'm beginning to think it was prophetic.

Was this off topic enough?

ETA: Stay on topic by being off topic. Or: on topic is off topic. Sounds like Big Brother to me.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
#2020 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:29 PM
Sorry, I will have to leave now. I'll catch up tonight or tomorrow.
Forum Resident
#2021 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:32 PM
What do the mods have against the "Vent! V4" thread?
Quote:
Look at what this thread has become, though. A bunch of people connected by their disappointment... Do you really consider this a good thing being connected to others through a negative feeling? The most positive sides about this thread are the off-topic talks... what the staff sees in this thread is something that keeps the disappointment alive. And anger. Some of you are very angry and you don't hesitate to vent that anger.

Seriously, though. I edited the quote above only to remove the specific references to TS4, the Receptacle, EA, etc. Just some food for thought.
Mad Poster
#2022 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MadameButterfly~
If you renamed it, Don, you would probably have to change the objective of it also. Apparently they do patrol for "off-topicness". Plus, some older groups, like in 2009 older, got shut down for being too "rapid-fire" chatty.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...25#startcomment

Ninja'd lol

Now I'm completely confused. Because they said that was what was the problem with Things I've Seen/Heard/Read About Sims 4 (renamed Sims 4 Chat Thread) - that it was too chatty for the forum and should've been taken to the Social Groups. So it's possible for a Social Group to be too chatty as well?... Or maybe they meant if things are getting super chatty you have to go to Live Chat. Not exactly easy to organize all that.
And back on topic, the lilacs are just starting to bloom in my yard here in southern New England. They might be a little bit late.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2023 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:45 PM
If you make a social group I think Graham won't be able to post there. I mean he could join but I think he won't bother, so bear that in mind

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#2024 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inge Jones
If you make a social group I think Graham won't be able to post there. I mean he could join but I think he won't bother, so bear that in mind

We could send him an invite, perhaps even make it so that he gets all our posts on his daily feed in some manner.

But yeah we do want to have the whole thing still be readable by the general public/the developers so that our good work can continue.

Mad Poster
#2025 Old 11th May 2015 at 4:49 PM
Yeah, I have no interest in a chat. It's not the same. We are all on different time zones, and conversations that are important to us would be lost. Plus, chats have no fun buttons on the bottom of every post, and that is part of the thrill. I think how we are used to communicating is fine, but there will always be some danger caused by popularity.

When you get back, Don: I like the current rules of this thread, but we could change the 60% Sims 4 requirement. Instead make it inclusive for all Sims games, like you mentioned earlier. Plus add something about: general, or impromptu, group sharing. This should cover any off-topicness we could possibly tread.

What do you guys think?

Edit: It's terrible that we even have to do any of this just to be sure that we can have some form of free speech.

Page 81 of 130