Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2051 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:13 PM
Maybe EA did a deal with MTS? Who knows. There has to be some reason those yibsites can remain unswervingly starry eyed about the game 100% of the time. It absolutely *cannot* be just cos they love the game. I mean, if they loved previous versions as much as they claimed to at the time they just have to not love TS4.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2052 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:18 PM
I would also rather stay on MTS, let's see how Don Babylon's group works out? He can be our Liege Lord then, that sound good!

In any case I am also less than impressed with Cabbage Stew, like I can't get over the RPG (Rosemary, Pepper, Garlic) elements in it. I am not sure I have faith in the Cook anymore.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Scholar
#2053 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
I was going to write this in response to another post that raised this question in my head, but can't for the life of me remember which post it was. Anyway, what I don't get is why bashing TS4 is suddenly so forbidden when I vividly recall a LOT of TS3 bashing on many threads during its entire lifespan. Why didn't those TS3 complaints get put in a trashcan? What makes TS4 so perfect compared to TS3 or any previous iterations that even an ounce of "hate" for the game causes our "unique" selves to be segregated to a dark corner of the MTS facility? Seriously, I want to know. Moderators? Anyone? Non-BS answers only, please.

I'd prefer to stay here and just speak in code. Like, instead of saying TS4, we could call it cabbage stew, for instance. And EA is the cook. "I don't like cabbage stew. I don't think I ever will like it. Unless the cook can somehow improve on cabbage stew, I do not seeing myself ever partaking of it." See? That was a lot more fun then trying to find a new place to hang out.

The really bizarre thing is that most sites that I've been on as long as I've been on MTS have trended away from heavier/arbitrary moderation, aside from 'no personal attacks'. I really enjoyed having a place to have no-BS discussions of The Sims (and its faults).

We didn't break the cabbage stew, but we don't have to eat it.
Mad Poster
#2054 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Oh! Are we going to dominate the world? What fun!

Sorry. That one just slipped. It's a habit.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2055 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:26 PM
So I went and suscribed to Don's group, is there anything else I need to do?
Mad Poster
#2056 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:30 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 11th May 2015 at 6:53 PM.
All that happens when I press alt+3 is I get a weird version of MTS with no graphics or colors

It works for me. Maybe when you became Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer you entered some other realm of the site. ♥
Oh, wait - don't press '+', just 'alt' and '3' at the same time. I'm a terrible explainer.
And Num Lock should be on.
Mad Poster
#2057 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
So I went and suscribed to Don's group, is there anything else I need to do?

Not yet, I don't think. We still need to wait on Don to get back from his outing.

Scholar
#2058 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gdayars
I still think yahoogroups would be the way to go. We could call it Receptacle

You guys are hard to keep up with!

Please not facebook.

As far as complaining, I suspect the big problem here is that there is no MONEY coming in from Sims 4. I can sympathize, so if someone comes up with a good sims alternative, if I were them I would adopt it as a game they support in a heartbeat!

If someone wants me to create a yahoogroups account, let me know and I will.

This has probably already been brought up (I've been away a long time) but maybe someone will do for The Sims what has been done for SimCity with Cities Skylines.

Edit: I joined the Don social group. I guess if they really do chase us off this site we could fall back to reddit, we'd just need a few people to do mod duty because we would certainly attract trolls.
#2059 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
It works for me. Maybe when you became Doilyrific Diabolical Disagreer you entered some other realm of the site. ♥
Oh, wait - don't press '+', just 'alt' and '3' at the same time. I'm a terrible explainer.

I did lol. How do you subscribe to Don's group?

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Scholar
#2060 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:35 PM
I did lol. How do you subscribe to Don's group?

Try this link:

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=856

And look for the 'to join this group' verbiage.
Mad Poster
#2061 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:36 PM
Yeah, the "to join" is super tiny on the top of the threads there.

Forum Resident
#2062 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:46 PM
Well in their post here, http://modthesims.info/m/showthread...524#post4753524 a moderator actually recommended a Social Group for us if "we want to keep our subculture alive and be left alone"
So that should work out, I guess.

Mad Poster
#2063 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chreai
I was going to write this in response to another post that raised this question in my head, but can't for the life of me remember which post it was. Anyway, what I don't get is why bashing TS4 is suddenly so forbidden when I vividly recall a LOT of TS3 bashing on many threads during its entire lifespan. Why didn't those TS3 complaints get put in a trashcan? What makes TS4 so perfect compared to TS3 or any previous iterations that even an ounce of "hate" for the game causes our "unique" selves to be segregated to a dark corner of the MTS facility? Seriously, I want to know. Moderators? Anyone? Non-BS answers only, please. .

I've wondered that as well. My only guess is that all the bashing didn't stop a large amount of people from playing it. It has a lot going for it if you're a certain kind of Sims player and all the problems brought people to this site looking for help and mods.
Forum Resident
#2064 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseCity
I've wondered that as well. My only guess is that all the bashing didn't stop a large amount of people from playing it. It has a lot going for it if you're a certain kind of Sims player and all the problems brought people to this site looking for help and mods.

Agreed TS3 is not [/I]my[I] Sims game but at the very least is is a fully realized Sims game that offers a huge amount of possibilities and certain elements of it (the fully realized accessories, the better supernaturals, fairies, mermaids, houseboats, 45 rotation, proper basements etc.) are things I will forever envy as a Sims 2 player. From Sims 4 I only wish I could have the looks of the Sims themselves and the convenience updates to the build mode in Sims 2.

#2065 Old 11th May 2015 at 6:58 PM
Are we a subculture? Actually I have posted more subcultury stuff since we were defined as such than I ever did before on the topic of TS4!

Field Researcher
#2066 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:08 PM
1) Joined the group! Not a Receptacle Refugee, but I love your sense of humor!
2) Lilacs are currently blossoming in Prague. They blossom when specific temperature average is reached, I think, so I guess their blossoming is timed differently not in continents but in climate zones?
3) Cabbage stew! That made my day. Nice example of humor I mentioned above.
4) Off-topic stuff: My chives is going to blossom too! Did Don mention that he needs flowers? These are even edible!
#2067 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:13 PM
I feel this is a fresh beginning for me, reborn as part of an emerging new subculture.

PS I had fake kievs with sweetcorn for dinner.

Forum Resident
#2068 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sigel
2) Lilacs are currently blossoming in Prague. They blossom when specific temperature average is reached, I think, so I guess their blossoming is timed differently not in continents but in climate zones?

Interesting! I haven't seen lilacs since visiting my grandmother in Germany as a kid and just vaguely remember they blossom somewhere around April/May. I still miss the smell, luckily Frangipani kind of smell similar.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2069 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:17 PM
I love lilacs, right now we have honeysuckle blooming in our back yard. Right next to the new swimming pool That got rained into heavily last night, partially blew the cover off, and is almost overflowing. It was hard work putting it together, but at least I can work on that weight loss goal. It is an aboveground pool I got on clearance from Wal Mart.

I really don't like cabbage stew. I am just not that crazy about cabbage. Now pot roast I like.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2070 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:24 PM
The early clemetis is flowering beside my kitchen window. The lilac tree outside my study window is just coming into flower. I was going to say it was complaining that it's still winter because I've not seen any sign of bloom till I just looked outside now.

So not Winter. Officially Spring.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
#2071 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:24 PM
I hate this talk about garden plants. It reminds me that my garden is once more like a jungle. I hate gardening

#2072 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:26 PM
BTW if we talk like this in Don's group we have to make sure there are more than 3 participants else the rule is we have to go to PM.

Turquoise Dragon
retired moderator
#2073 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:32 PM
oh ok, good to know...
Scholar
#2074 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gwynne
Try this link:

http://www.modthesims.info/forumdis...546&groupid=856

And look for the 'to join this group' verbiage.

Apparently, Buzzler moderates that too.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#2075 Old 11th May 2015 at 7:36 PM
I kind of like the Reddit idea. Not to mention after looking at the rules for social groups:

Quote:
Don't worry about your group being removed as long as it has members other than you, and some posts, and doesn't make us facepalm at its very concept.

Wasn't that the reason why the Receptacle was closed, because its survival and negativity made the mods facepalm?
Page 83 of 130