Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Replies: 3233 (Who?), Viewed: 132173 times.
Page 85 of 130
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#2101 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:04 PM
<preens>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2102 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:08 PM
When I did get sleep last night, I dreamed of a beautiful white tiger with black stripes and blue eyes. Then I woke up wanting to eat all the tasty animals I could get my hands on. I've polished off some bacon, bratwurst, and a charcoal-grilled hamburger. I very rarely crave meat, but this is one of those days.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Instructor
#2103 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:09 PM
I really like "The Received", it is so fitting.

My weeping cherry blossom tree has bloomed in the past few weeks and the flowers are already gone... I suppose though that's what makes it so nice to look at. Its fleeting beauty. Not that it's not a pretty tree now, but it's especially beautiful when bloomed. The tree in front however still has a few flowers. Should have seen when it was really windy, lots of petals swirling in the air, the ground was covered, it was really magical.
Theorist
#2104 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MadameButterfly~
You would think so, right? It's just that they have garnered a spirit of distrust now, so we are a bit uneasy to be left to their whims.

Well, if they continue stomping on us like we're cockroaches that need to be exterminated then it's an easy decision. But frankly? I'm lazy and The Sims 4 isn't worth the effort so this is good enough for my purposes.

P.S.
If I'm going to be part of a subculture I'd like it to be something noble and worthwhile... like Dumbledore's Army or something cool like that... fighting the good fight against evil and tyranny... and wizards and bad game design or something like that.
Retired
retired moderator
#2105 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:13 PM
Receptionists are a noble group of professionals engaged in worthwhile work. Jus' sayin. They're basically the REAL LIFE Dumbledore's Army.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Theorist
#2106 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi_tea
Receptionists are a noble group of professionals engaged in worthwhile work. Jus' sayin.

Ok, but I don't want to do any actual work. 'Cause lazy.
Scholar
#2107 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:18 PM
I would like to thank Don_Babilon for preserving that "The Sims has three really interesting and discreet [sic!] audiences" nonsense in his group pages. I was looking for that for ages, and couldn't find it again.

I especially like the way that person articulates his sentences. Just read it, if you haven't already. But it's fun even if you did read it. It makes me laugh every time. Every.Time.
Link.

The best thing about a good thing is that it inspires a better thing. ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#2108 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:18 PM Last edited by ~MadameButterfly~ : 11th May 2015 at 11:16 PM. Reason: oh my, the English
I think we're going to have to take it to a vote/poll thing. I have no clue how to do that, though.

Forum Resident
#2109 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:20 PM
Meh... Harry Potter, in my eyes, was really more Evil VS. Less Obviously Evil. The Wizarding World is still seemed like a pretty elitist and oppressive society to me at the end of Book Seven.

Not "good guys" either but...Iron Born? That name comes with their very own catchphrase: "What is dead may never die, but raises again, harder and stronger!"

But I'd really rather have a name that keeps the memories of the Receptacle (our roots) alive: The Received, Receptionists, Receptacleists...something like that.

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Mad Poster
#2110 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:27 PM
I'm amusing myself, just now. Thinking of knocking on the neighbor's door, saying, "Hello...I'm a Born-again Receptacularist, can I please take a moment of your time?"

Theorist
#2111 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfire88
Meh... Harry Potter, in my eyes, was really more Evil VS. Less Obviously Evil. The Wizarding World is still seemed like a pretty elitist and oppressive society to me at the end of Book Seven...

Did you just meh Harry Potter? You're going to have to go find a new forum now; your negativity is ruining everything.
Forum Resident
#2112 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honeywell
Did you just meh Harry Potter? You're going to have to go find a new forum now; your negativity is ruining everything.

Awww I'm sorry I'm just a hopeless Negative Nancy.

Will this Pygmy Puff make up for what I said? *hands you Pygmy Puff, as it starts to purr*

....so says the Phoenix! ♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Field Researcher
#2113 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:30 PM
I tried to come up with motto for our subculture, but it's google translate, so it needs to be corrected.

Eramus reiciendus, sed accipiamus

"We were rejected, but we are accepting"

Pretty stupid, huh? Couldn't help myself, but I'm not good in these things...
Mad Poster
#2114 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~MadameButterfly~
I'm amusing myself, just now. Thinking of knocking on the neighbor's door, saying, "Hello...I'm a Born-again Receptacularist, can I please take a moment of your time?"

Replying to my own post, because I'm quite vain. Then also saying. "I have been Received! Have you been Received?"

Field Researcher
#2115 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:37 PM
Eating toast and Vegemite followed by a short Black Coffee, Now Graham can report back to his masters the nasty Receptacle has gone he might not want to look at how popular TS4 is in the community check out the Sims Discussion here at MTS and who viewing what
Sims 1 (1 Viewing)
Sims 2 (97 Viewing)
Sims 3 (124 Viewing)
Sims 4 (67 Viewing)
Says it all really, the newest game is having the least traction in the MTS Community apart from the original game.
BudgieSimBoy I survived the “Receptacle” lockout of 15 and the closing of the gate of "Things I've Heard" 14 as a Sims player fan since 1991 and to borrow Kiwi_tea catch phrase
"keeping the disappointment alive"
Alchemist
#2116 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:37 PM Last edited by ZenGarden : 12th May 2015 at 7:32 AM.
Does this mean I can create negative threads in The Sims 4 forum? Let's say I dislike a feauture, if I create a thread about that will it be locked or deleted?

I have never been this disapointed in Mod The Sims. I have always seen it as the best The Sims community there ever was, but now my image of it has gotten filthy and dirty with the (some) mods biased attitude
Theorist
#2117 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixfire88
Awww I'm sorry I'm just a hopeless Negative Nancy.

Will this Pygmy Puff make up for what I said? *hands you Pygmy Puff, as it starts to purr*

Ok, well that's ok then. Especially considering I had to google pygmy puffs. :lovestruc

Coincidence? I think not...

Field Researcher
#2118 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden
Does this mean I can create negative threads in The Sims 4 forum? Let's say I dislike a feauture, if I create a thread about that will it be locked or deleted?

I have never been this disapointed in Mod The Sims. I have always seen it as the best The Sims community there ever was, but not my image of it has gotten filthy and dirty with the (some) mods biased attitude

Must admit I have always loved MTS (well since 2009 anyway) 1000 of downloads but after what happened it is starting to feel a bit like the Official forums. I appreciate freedom of views as long as it is done in a non threatening way

To quote Buzzler in the last post of our former home "Some of you are very angry and you don't hesitate to vent that anger at EA, the staff or other users" from what I witnessed those of us "The Disappointed" were always quick to stamp out personal attacks on individuals (To be fair to Buzzler maybe I missed some but from what I read personal attacks were not tolerated)
Mad Poster
#2119 Old 11th May 2015 at 9:50 PM
It's like they don't even know us.

One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#2120 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:15 PM
Are many of the moderators sims players/creators any more? Do many of them actually participate in the forum discussions? I am so out of touch myself that I don't even know .

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Forum Resident
#2121 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudgieSimBoy
"keeping the disappointment alive"

I think that should be our group's slogan. It'd be a discreet way of saying "In your face!," with just a hint of sarcasm.

My TS3 Sims, patterns & recolors

Check out my Simblr! (TS3-focused, sometimes NSFW)
♥ Receptacle Refugee ♥
Theorist
#2122 Old 11th May 2015 at 10:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenGarden

I have never been this disapointed in Mod The Sims. I have always seen it as the best The Sims community there ever was, but not my image of it has gotten filthy and dirty with the (some) mods biased attitude

I'm more or less interested in where I've to go to complain normally about the game as a player, because it's simply not a perfect game.

The gorgeous Tina (TS3) and here loving family available for download here.
Scholar
#2123 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:12 PM
The Social Group should just be named 'Sims 4 Killed My Family And Only Garbage People Like It' or something, let's be real.

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Department of Post-Mortem Communications
#2124 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:16 PM
Phew, 5 pages in the course of 5 hours and I forgot to click on any of the buttons because it was such a page turner.

But first things first:
1) Lilacs - I asked. They're on the verge of being done here. What I saw blooming, however, was some lavender and I think the chestnut trees.
2) The flower - I found a three-coloured carpe diem rose. I thought it was fitting and it went from peach to yellow to a deep pink.
3) The food - I had the most delicious Polish food in ages. 4 courses. The main was Bigos, so it had cabbage in it. If I had known then that you'd discuss cabbage during the time I ate it... I drank sparkling Riesling during the whole affair - most of the time diluted however with water and lemon.
4) My life - I'm still heartbroken but after the 4th glass the pain felt nicer and I think I have found someone who'll accompany me on Saturday for a 1920s/30s jazz concert - which should be right up the Babilon alley.

(5) The Group - I gathered 4 main suggestions for its name: The Received, The Receptionists, The Receptacle Refugees and The Receptacularists
I think it's best to make a poll with the available buttons. Once someone has posted after this post here (we don't want to raise the moderators by double-posting, do we?), I'll post a list of those four names and you just hit the Agree, Disagree, etc. buttons.

I think it should remain open, not locked to members. We're welcoming everyone, just like any proper trashcan.

(6) For the record: I like Buzzler.

Edit: (7) I'll have to attend a press conference in 11 hours and an opening in 19 hours. I'll probably return home drunk after the latter, so either you're quick about the poll between the 11th and 19th hour from now onwards or you'll wait until I'm sober again on Wednesday.
Mad Poster
#2125 Old 11th May 2015 at 11:19 PM
Sounds good! Also, be sure to include the time limit. When will voting be closed?

Page 85 of 130