Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 3:40 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Placing a Fence on a Fence?
Is there a way to do that? Moveobjects on doesnt affect placing Fences... I want to put an invisible fence onto a low fence cause I dont want Sims to walk over the low fence :/
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 6:59 PM
No, not currently.

Would probably be easier to remake the low fence into a regular fence, or possibly change some settings for the game to recognize it as a regular fence. I don't make fences, so maybe someone else knows how?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#3 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 7:36 PM
I feel like there are omsp blocks that prevent sims from walking on tiles by silentlucidity?

Otherwise to make a fence walkable you edit the XFNC. Look for the line maywalkover line and change the value from true (0x00000001) to false (0x00000000).
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#4 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 7:39 PM
Do I copy the fence to do that with SimPE?
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#5 Old 6th Dec 2022 at 10:23 PM
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 7th Dec 2022 at 1:05 PM
Okay thank you very much!
Test Subject
#7 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 4:54 PM
If it's for sth simple, I took an idea from Plasticbox's house https://modthesims.info/d/532413/swinton-5br-3ba.html (see third image where it shows the rear porch). On sims 2 I was able to make it look like the stone wall on the ground with a metal railing over it. Need to place a floor tile to draw the "higher" fence, delete the tile and draw the "lower" fence.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 31st Dec 2022 at 9:27 PM
Depending on the fence and the area you can place a fence on top of a fence. I did so in this lot: https://modthesims.info/d/499887/ma...or-cc-free.html I haven't done so in years but I used the foundation tool. That won't work with low fences though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~