Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 1:54 PM
Mesh - MilkShape question
Hello,
I'm using Sims 2 and I'm working on combining 2 upper body meshes. So I went into Milkshape and successfully combined both meshes but when I open up the new mesh in BodyShop, I get a flickering line across the belly (kind of flickering dots) from where I matched up the Vertex's.

I checked out some of the tutorials in the past, but I'm getting a bunch of broken links now. Does anyone have any suggestions, or can you point me to a good link?

Thanks
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 11th Sep 2010 at 7:29 PM
What did you use to combine the vertices? It sounds like you've got different bone weights. If you used the Vertex Data Merge plugin, then that problem should have been taken care of, as it merges all the vertex data (including bone information).

If you used something else to merge the vertices, you just need to match up your bone weights. You can do that with the Bone Tool, or with Extended Manual Edit.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 13th Sep 2010 at 11:52 PM
I combined them using Extended Manual Edit by changing X,Y,X and U,V and NormX, NormY, NormZ and then I did the Unimesh Fix Underweighted Bones before I exported the mesh. I still have the mesh I was working on, so I can I just use the Bone tool now to fix it? I'll give it a try and see what happens. Thanks again.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 1:07 AM
Yeah, you'll need to use the Bone Tool if you didn't match up the bones in Extended Manual Edit. The bones probably all have correct weights... but since you combined two pieces of mesh, the bone assignments and weights won't necessarily be the same on each piece. That's probably why you're seeing a flickering line.

Good luck! Let us know if it works.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2010 at 1:27 AM
Hey, it worked. I did it through extended manual edit.