Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Period Hack

by Smonaff Posted 26th Jul 2006 at 6:23 AM - Updated 14th Sep 2006 at 3:11 PM by Smonaff

609 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 583 Feedback Posts, 25 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 25
Test Subject
#101 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 3:23 PM
Was looking for something like this for awhile, too cool. Hold on the graphics though

And all I'd loved, I'd loved alone.
Field Researcher
#102 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 4:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Smonaff
Yeah I thought about doing that but it would require modifying the Pregnancy - Can We Get Pregnant? global, which would conflict with Inteenimator and other hacks that use that global.

Ah, okay then. I do have another request though, if you would be so kind - the messages are cool, but I don't need to know every time Sim X uses a tampon Any chance of cutting those out please?

Other than that it works a treat, thanks
Test Subject
#103 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 5:46 PM
Awesome!!! I'm definitely gonna try this one out.....
Test Subject
#104 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 6:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sadie79
Ah, okay then. I do have another request though, if you would be so kind - the messages are cool, but I don't need to know every time Sim X uses a tampon Any chance of cutting those out please?

Other than that it works a treat, thanks

I agree, I don't need to know if my sim uses a tampon But I this mod!

_.;[-TheSims2Lover&&ModTheSims2Lover-];._

Need a little... challenge to do? - Click Here
Test Subject
#105 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:04 PM
I have all the expansions including the Holiday Pack and the Family Fun Stuff, and it doesn't seem to work.
Field Researcher
#106 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sandilou442
Ancient Sim you've put me in schoolteacher mode during my summer holiday - you have to read Inteen's Manual; all teen sims take up adult jobs once they turn 18 unless you install the No Adult Teens Flavor Pak.

Er ... Sandi? If you'd read my posts properly, you would have seen that I DO have that flavour pack installed and always have had, that was why I posted in the first place, because they weren't supposed to go into the adult career track due to the fact that I had the flavour pack installed!!!!

As for the Inteen manual, I've read it through every which way. I always rtfm.

WHY DO SIMS NEVER EXPERIENCE A MID-LIFE CRISIS?
Test Subject
#107 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 7:40 PM
Forgive me Ancient, I must have been PMSing!

After I posted here I saw over at MATY that you indeed do have that Flavor Pak. I posted that message on a day when I shouted at everyone in the house - humans, dogs and cats. Sorry!
Field Researcher
#108 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 9:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moonwildflower20
I have all the expansions including the Holiday Pack and the Family Fun Stuff, and it doesn't seem to work.

Well I have all of them installed too, except for FFS. FFS messes up my computer, I think it's a uni-ofb hack incompatible with FFS
Test Subject
#109 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 10:52 PM
i think this is such a great idea however the sim doesnt really suffer like we do because they dont cramp,bloat or crave sweets. Now that would be lovely i love hacks that make the game more realistic this is really well thought out.
MTS2 Hot Pepper
#110 Old 28th Jul 2006 at 11:14 PM
Sounds very realistic
Awesome hack!

Currently playing Sims 4 full collection. (and fixing my mods folder)
Field Researcher
#111 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 12:12 AM
Does anyone else who has OFB have a problem with the sim's pregnancy? When my sim gets pregnant they don't get the belly they just keep waving their arms around non stop.. I didn't have a problem with this hack until I actually got my sim pregnant :/
Systemic Anomaly
#112 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 1:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by berryful
Does anyone else who has OFB have a problem with the sim's pregnancy? When my sim gets pregnant they don't get the belly they just keep waving their arms around non stop.. I didn't have a problem with this hack until I actually got my sim pregnant :/

If you have the wrong version of Squinge's Pregnancy - Wear Any Clothes mod or LaserArcSims Pregnancy for All mod, that will cause this.
Field Researcher
#113 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 2:29 AM
All reports are in, this mod officially rules :D

Well, almost. Apart from what I've already mentioned, I've noticed something interesting now I've had a playable Sim "come on"; sometimes I get this icon in the queue illustrated with her mugshot. On mouse-over it says "Drink love potion 8.5" - I don't have any so nothing happens, but for any of you guys who do, does anything happen?

I really like the other messages, about the reminders. The whole thing adds more challenge to the game, which for me is great cos it was starting to dwindle, what with hitting the top of the career, going perma-plat...
Test Subject
#114 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gangsterskank
has anyone here downloaed it ? and does it work?
it works fine
Test Subject
#115 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 6:01 AM
Good planning. Can't wait to try this out.
Test Subject
#116 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 10:35 AM
Though I hate my own with a passion...I now feel just a little better, because now my sims can suffer too! *evil laugh* Nah, all kidding aside ^^ Great mod. I have the tampon box already, and now this gives me a reason to actually use the object. I'll be giving it a try for ya very soon. Thank you for all the detailed work, the memory is such a nice touch!
Test Subject
#117 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:12 PM
Let me be one to say LOL. Pure genius. Will use.
Test Subject
#118 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 4:34 PM
Sounds nice, adds a bit of realism. Technically, however, first period is called Menarche. In future vertions a memory using that term would make the mod sound more sophisicated XD lol. Just a sugestion really, cool idea and thanks.
Field Researcher
#119 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 5:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jase439
If you have the wrong version of Squinge's Pregnancy - Wear Any Clothes mod or LaserArcSims Pregnancy for All mod, that will cause this.

I do have squinges wear any clothes mod!! I probably have the wrong version. THANK YOU!!
Test Subject
#120 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 7:38 PM
Am I the only one here who doesn't suffer much with periods? :-\
Nope. They don't bother me too much either.

But I know it affects everyone a little differently. I've known several girls who get really nauseous or would actually throw up with the onset of their periods! (I'm so glad I'm not one of those!)

(Okay, how to lead this rather awkward conversation back to the topic...)

Oh yeah... I'd like to suggest something similar to this for this period patch: That it affects everyone a little differently depending on, say, personality?

I haven't tried this mod yet, but will my sims actually get moody and irritable? Or are the pop-up notices the only clue we have that they're PMS'ing?
Test Subject
#121 Old 29th Jul 2006 at 9:06 PM
LOL! this is funny, creative and very whitty! gives a new reason for me to have simpax in my bathrooms! thank you!

Time is the best teacher; unfortunately it kills all of it's students.
Test Subject
#122 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 12:15 AM
Nifty!
Conveient!
Test Subject
#123 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 1:34 AM
I have obf and inteen, and it is working fine so far. on first day, teen got period, but adult is still waiting for hers!
Lab Assistant
#124 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 4:45 AM
sweeeeeet

more of my creations here

Do not recolour my creations without my permission.

Do not upload my sims, or my creations at the Sims 2 Exchange. Thanks!
Test Subject
#125 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 5:14 AM
All reports are in, this mod officially rules :D

Well, almost. Apart from what I've already mentioned, I've noticed something interesting now I've had a playable Sim "come on"; sometimes I get this icon in the queue illustrated with her mugshot. On mouse-over it says "Drink love potion 8.5" - I don't have any so nothing happens, but for any of you guys who do, does anything happen?

Yes, I've had a similar thing happen; the sim in question is due to change her simpon, the lovepotion icon appears to prompt her to use the toilet.

Smonaff, my sim does not have any lovepotion - but if she did would this queued action overwrite it? Have you used the same guid/token to get this to work?

I don't delve into the mechanics of the game, so I've no idea what you've used, but so far, its working well. I have had adult and teen sims experience the inconvenience of having a period! I have all EPs, Stuff Packs, Insim, Inteen, Autonomous Casual Romance etc..etc...etc...!
Page 5 of 25