Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Testers Wanted: **FIXED RECOLOURS** (mirrored) Bookcase (Novellas Nouvau) *requested*

by boblishman Posted 27th Apr 2005 at 3:49 AM - Updated 26th Nov 2008 at 9:31 AM by -Maylin-

124 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 123 Feedback Posts
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
#76 Old 4th May 2005 at 8:27 PM
i have downloaded this object and i love it but the thing is its only showing up in my game in one colour and its not showing in white, where can i download the white one

many thanks bubbles
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 4th May 2005 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubbles
i have downloaded this object and i love it but the thing is its only showing up in my game in one colour and its not showing in white, where can i download the white one

many thanks bubbles

look in the recolours section....that's where I found it
Test Subject
#78 Old 5th May 2005 at 12:57 AM
Oh my god!!! How did you know I wanted this?! Very awesome, thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
#79 Old 5th May 2005 at 3:44 AM
thank you I love it
Manipulator of messy meshes
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 5th May 2005 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rex Normal
very nice. If it hasn't been done already, maybe you could do the same thing for the japanese dresser that looks like a staircase? I don't remember the name of it in game, but I'm sure you know what I am refering to. I bet there are a few other items like this that could use a mirrored twin that we all would appreciate

keep up the great work!

Ok guys....to save anyone else the trouble of pm'ing me to flip the Dresser...you can't... .. because the (inside) clothes and the animations are set to one side, so although I CAN flip the actual dresser (I've just spent an hour doing so!!) ... the clothes 'float' outside the dresser on the oposite side...and your Sim will pull open a non-existing drawer where the 'floating' clothes are.

If anyone out there knows how to fix this...then please pm me and I'll forward you the 'flipped' package file (which has unique registered GUID's) which you can mod...
Field Researcher
#81 Old 7th May 2005 at 11:42 PM
(My apologies to the 810 people who downloaded the original version

Thanks Bob! I am happy to have different colors now In what concerns myself, you don't have to apologize in any way. You are doing great stuff and I love to see your items in my game. I can't do a proper mesh on my own, so it are genius people like you who make sims2 more playful! So no need to apologize for missing color options! I am just happy to be allowed to download. Keep on with your nice works!

A day without a smile is a lost day
**besens-sims2**
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 8th May 2005 at 10:32 AM
Finally!! Maybe I'll actually use that bookcase now.
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 8th May 2005 at 7:39 PM
Fantastic! This has been needed since the game came out. I cannot figure out why Maxis neglected this to start with.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 9th May 2005 at 12:48 AM
Thank you, thank you, thank you.......I don't use this bookshelf because I couldn't flip it, but i'ts my favorite one.......now I can use it, yippie!!!!!!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 11th May 2005 at 2:39 AM
I love symmetry...thank you for this!
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 15th May 2005 at 1:21 AM
What an AMAZING idea. I never really thought that I needed the opposite bookcase until I saw this... now I realize how vital it is. I love the way you placed it on either side of the fireplace too. Classy

Thanx again
Forum Resident
#87 Old 16th May 2005 at 7:12 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#88 Old 19th May 2005 at 4:38 AM
Spectacular! and Thank you! :D
Instructor
#89 Old 21st May 2005 at 2:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by besen
(My apologies to the 810 people who downloaded the original version

Thanks Bob! I am happy to have different colors now In what concerns myself, you don't have to apologize in any way. You are doing great stuff and I love to see your items in my game. I can't do a proper mesh on my own, so it are genius people like you who make sims2 more playful! So no need to apologize for missing color options! I am just happy to be allowed to download. Keep on with your nice works!

I wholeheartedly agree. If I had the money I would erect a statue for you. Hey I have an idee, how about creating one of you for the game? Anyway, thank you, thank you.
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 25th May 2005 at 11:04 PM
I cannot thank you enough! I think it was a major mistake of Maxis not to have provided a flip version. Keep up those good ideas!
Lab Assistant
#92 Old 10th Jun 2005 at 5:01 AM
It shows up with funky bars in my game- no colors available, either. Do I need to change a file somewhere to make it work?
Test Subject
#93 Old 15th Jun 2005 at 3:07 AM
Very nice :-)
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 22nd Jun 2005 at 3:08 PM
This is such a good idea, I don't know how many times I've wanted to use this bookcase but couldn't because it would just look too odd...but now I can, thanks to you.
Test Subject
#95 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 10:08 AM
thankyou ive been waiting for this since i first used the bookcase in the game. Thankyou very much
Scholar
#96 Old 27th Jun 2005 at 2:37 PM
perfect! thanks!
Lab Assistant
#97 Old 29th Jun 2005 at 12:35 AM
This still doesn't work for me. It shows up black with red stripes in random patterns. Any ideas?
Field Researcher
#98 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 6:36 AM
need black recolor for my loving Goths
Lab Assistant
#99 Old 3rd Jul 2005 at 2:30 PM
Well yero69- this will be perfect for you then, since it only seems to come in black with red stripes.
Field Researcher
#100 Old 6th Jul 2005 at 6:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Silentthunder19
This still doesn't work for me. It shows up black with red stripes in random patterns. Any ideas?

That sounds like the bookcase is pulling textures from some other object. Run Clean Installer and see if you've got dupicate ID numbers.
Page 4 of 5